Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 388259 times)

Offline Stand Free

• Anny Roader
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #4440 on: March 30, 2017, 04:07:05 pm »
Always been a defender of this but very tempted to give next season a miss, maybe binge watch at the end. Just continue to expect exciting episodes but apart from about 3 this season its not delivering.

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Round the fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #4441 on: March 30, 2017, 06:03:00 pm »
If they are really doing 7 more seasons then it's definitely getting swerved.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4442 on: March 30, 2017, 10:29:48 pm »
they just need to cut down on the episode count so they don't need to do so much mindless filler, of course AMC won't do that because all they care about is $$$$

« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 10:31:21 pm by Crosby Wych »
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #4443 on: March 30, 2017, 10:38:13 pm »
It's turned to absolute shite, such a shame. Imagine they had a bigger budget and if AMC were not money hungry and they had different writers. It would be great.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #4444 on: March 31, 2017, 11:05:49 am »
This should have been so much cooler.

It should basically be war now. Rick should have set up a whole strategy against Negan. But we've seen more fucking gardening and melons.

Let's see how they handle it, will they ambush the Saviors presumably, hit them with a rear guard attack, as they won't be expecting a second community to attack them?

If it's a shit finale, I think I'll put my precious TV watching commuter-hour into something else.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4445 on: April 2, 2017, 07:18:47 am »
they just need to cut down on the episode count so they don't need to do so much mindless filler

calm down or 13 episodes would of been wiped this season!
choose Life.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #4446 on: April 2, 2017, 10:12:09 pm »
they just need to cut down on the episode count so they don't need to do so much mindless filler, of course AMC won't do that because all they care about is $$$$

there was someone on here last year insisting that under no circumstances was TWD (or any show) suffering from having a meagre story spread across far too many episodes for purely financial reasons.  i'd love to know what he/she thinks after the last half season.....
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #4447 on: April 3, 2017, 04:29:58 am »
I thouroghly enjoyed that. I'm sure I'm in the minority, so let the whining begin ;D
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #4448 on: April 3, 2017, 09:39:34 am »
Finished with it now after that. Been a long slog but I can't take anymore.

I don't even know where to start. Rick should have been killed 20 times over in that episode and the fighting scenes were just ridiculous. Show has descended into a farce and I won't be sticking around to watch more farming scenes and single character episodes that do nothing for plot progression. Milking this to that last they are. Best of luck to them.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4449 on: April 3, 2017, 02:20:55 pm »
Anybody else annoyed by the garbage people? Why do they talk like that? Did they all really lose their language skills in the last 5/6 years?

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4450 on: April 3, 2017, 02:45:22 pm »
Called that betrayal weeks ago, was an alright episode but meh
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4451 on: April 3, 2017, 04:34:52 pm »
That was pretty meh. Felt like a mid season break cliffhanger rather than a season finale.

But i guess when the zombies have become irrelevant and the scope of the show is so small that the only story to tell is small warring little human factions then why end a war with one group to just have to create another. Might as well stretch it out as long as possible.

No one's trying to find a cure, recreate the government or save the world. They're just trying to grow some vegetables in peace. Why don't they wrap this up?
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #4452 on: April 3, 2017, 05:16:09 pm »
Amazing how shit it has become.

The best character was the tiger.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Kop307

• Bets against Liverpool. "I could be talking utter fucking shit".
  • Kopite
« Reply #4453 on: April 3, 2017, 05:30:09 pm »
As others have said, I'm close to giving up on this now. The season finale itself wasn't a terrible episode but nothing happened, plot wise apart from the bin people being traitors, and I think we all saw that coming.

The show ultimately has no direction. It's pretty sad really.

One thing I've never, ever, ever understood about the way this show is going, is the fact that America is a fucking massive place. I mean it's absolutely fucking massive. Yet Rick, and everyone he cares about are absolutely determined to live an hour up the road from Negan. Tell you what mate, why not get in your car, and drive 500 miles away in the night. You think they'd come looking? You think Negan would travel the length of America to come find you? Why do you need to stay? Alexandria is a dump anyway. What's keeping him there in that situation? They've got food, weapons. Just fuck off. There's no need to even consider fighting them. Just literally get off lads.

The whole thing is too soft. Every single one of us would have killed dwight. Every single one of us would have killed Rick in Negan's position, about 100 different times over. The show is boring, painfully. The only reason I've watched this season is hope that it'll get better because I've watched every episode to date.

I guess the question is, can I be arsed investing another 14 hours, of filler episodes about some dickhead I don't give a shit about, until perhaps the finale of next season something interesting may happen? Not really. At this point I'd be genuinely happy if Negan smashed Ricks head in ala Greg. Sake.
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #4454 on: April 3, 2017, 06:10:31 pm »
As others have said, I'm close to giving up on this now. The season finale itself wasn't a terrible episode but nothing happened, plot wise apart from the bin people being traitors, and I think we all saw that coming.

The show ultimately has no direction. It's pretty sad really.

One thing I've never, ever, ever understood about the way this show is going, is the fact that America is a fucking massive place. I mean it's absolutely fucking massive. Yet Rick, and everyone he cares about are absolutely determined to live an hour up the road from Negan. Tell you what mate, why not get in your car, and drive 500 miles away in the night. You think they'd come looking? You think Negan would travel the length of America to come find you? Why do you need to stay? Alexandria is a dump anyway. What's keeping him there in that situation? They've got food, weapons. Just fuck off. There's no need to even consider fighting them. Just literally get off lads.

The whole thing is too soft. Every single one of us would have killed dwight. Every single one of us would have killed Rick in Negan's position, about 100 different times over. The show is boring, painfully. The only reason I've watched this season is hope that it'll get better because I've watched every episode to date.

I guess the question is, can I be arsed investing another 14 hours, of filler episodes about some dickhead I don't give a shit about, until perhaps the finale of next season something interesting may happen? Not really. At this point I'd be genuinely happy if Negan smashed Ricks head in ala Greg. Sake.
Agree with all this.

When Negan had Rick and the Muppet son on his knees I was hoping he'd just smash the two of them to death, brutally. I was hoping that could be the end and the talk of 100 more episodes was a joke.

Often wondered why they don't just leave in the middle of the night. As you have said, America is massive. Just fuck off.

When Sasha came out the coffin and the action kicked off it was just a joke. Completely outnumbered and being held at gunpoint but the main group of chapters just get away. Realistically they all would have just been killed straight away.

It's just complete and utter bollox that Negan hasn't been killed yet either. I'd like to think no matter how bad society gets that people wouldn't rally around a fuck head like that and go around saying "I am Negan". Even if they did, someone would kill him the first chance they got.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4455 on: April 3, 2017, 07:41:33 pm »
What happened with the Gregory sub plot? They set that up last episode but never showed him today

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4456 on: April 3, 2017, 08:37:47 pm »
What happened with the Gregory sub plot? They set that up last episode but never showed him today

No idea, I still haven't got a clue who did what to be honest. Did the trash people go to Negan? Did Dwight turn on him? Did Gregory say something?

The betrayal was so absurdly obvious, when Rick blindly chose to trust people who have already said they only look out for themselves and gave them a bunch of guns we all saw what was gonna come next. I used to really like Sasha but I'm glad she's dead, her constant mewling over Abraham after they were together for all of 5 minutes was getting very old, in this episode especially. As hot as Rosita is I'm starting to want her gone too because she's an annoying idiot.

Ezekiel is doing my head in a bit too, constantly bossing people around despite the fact that he's been horribly wrong and an utter pussy up until now, and then running around a gunfight with some stupid stick.

I had to laugh too when Negan was trying to show Rick/Carl that they'd lost, and the camera panned across a bunch of dead Alexandria folks that I've never even seen before!

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4457 on: April 3, 2017, 09:15:39 pm »
It was an alright episode if you take it on its own but as a season finale then not so much. Saying that though I think anyone who's been watching knew it wasn't going to end with Negan dying at that point and the garbage people have always been Shady and liable to backstab. Plus the woman with michonne basically gave away they was gonna turn.

It's just a shame how sloppy it's become. I didn't mind sasha turning and her time had been long overdue, infact I thought the way they did that was fine, but it's the other stuff like the garbage people turning. They don't add any mystique, they are just weird and then the gang just managed to pop a few of them despite being held at gun point.

Also why does no one ever snipe negan, even if there's someone in the way a sniper bullet would rip through two heads no problem. I suppose that criticism can always be aimed at any type of villainous character I guess though.

Like I said, decent episode but not for a finale.

I'd love them to get back on the road, just a handful of them and seek out some new surroundings.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4458 on: April 3, 2017, 10:38:37 pm »
It's just getting laughably sloppy and unbelievable. For a season finale that was like a daytime TV drama, cheesy as hell and shoddily directed especially the fight scenes.

Can't face another season of that like, absolutely slogged through 90% of the episodes and people will be on here saying "don't watch it then if you hate it"..  but I really enjoyed the previous 6 seasons to varying degrees so I'm not canning it because its become frustratingly piss poor, understand people are fed up though.

« Last Edit: April 3, 2017, 10:40:44 pm by Bunter »

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4459 on: April 3, 2017, 11:11:36 pm »
Brilliant premiere and good finale, everything in between was disappointing.

One of the problems with this season was that there was too many characters, surprised they didn't take the opportunity to trim the cast down a bit in this episode. All those bullets flying and not one non-extra killed... Guess they'll off a few during the war next season. Hopefully starting with this awful garbage people.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4460 on: April 3, 2017, 11:14:15 pm »

The only purpose he seemed to really serve was his knowledge that Maggie was alive, but they already know that now. Maybe they'll use him for some secret way into the hill top or something?

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #4461 on: April 3, 2017, 11:16:33 pm »
I think a lot of people here expect too much. Maybe if you read the comics this is shit but I've enjoyed this series as much as any.

To each their own, I guess.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4462 on: April 3, 2017, 11:20:08 pm »
Shocking shite, if the rumored 100 odd more episodes is true they need to up their game big time.
choose Life.

Offline Tommy_W

• Jol-ly. Constipated.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4463 on: April 3, 2017, 11:30:50 pm »
How many more times do they think they can get away with the fake out death sequences? ;D Thought it was an awful finale to top off an awful season. I think we all deserve a medal for getting through it.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4464 on: April 3, 2017, 11:35:46 pm »
That was a good episode

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4465 on: April 3, 2017, 11:38:39 pm »
I have stopped watching a while ago, but I do enjoy reading this thread. I can totally see where the posters are coming from, I can almost picture everything without actually watching it.

One of the better shows that turned into a completely crap TV show. This season, the show has to be ranked among the worst. Dreadful.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4466 on: April 3, 2017, 11:47:40 pm »
How many more times do they think they can get away with the fake out death sequences? ;D Thought it was an awful finale to top off an awful season. I think we all deserve a medal for getting through it.

Either that or a slap.

I think a lot of people here expect too much. Maybe if you read the comics this is shit but I've enjoyed this series as much as any.

To each their own, I guess.

The first four seasons were excellent and the last two have been pretty good, but this was just trash. It was just about bearable when I thought they were setting things up for the second half of the season, but that's come and gone now and we still haven't really had a good episode. Everything was just so predictable, so clearly laid out, and the idiocy of the main characters was never properly punished. Sasha dying was just a non-event considering she's clearly been trying to get herself killed for ages and risked the lives of her own people to do it, all because of some half-cooked romance that barely registered at the time. By the end of this episode I was wanting her to get killed just so I don't have to listen to more of this Abraham bullshit, and I say that as someone who used to like her character.

The reinforcements showing up was incredibly obvious, dragging it out by giving Negan and Rick another little speech each just made it frustrating. Not to mention the trash people having all of the main characters at gunpoint, only for every single one of them to escape cleanly.

The show definitely needs a change of scenery or characters, the current lot are mostly getting old. I'm not sure who I'd want to stick around at this point, Carol and Enid might make a good travelling pair, though I don't think I've ever seen them speak to each other.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2017, 12:16:16 am by Schmidt »

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #4467 on: April 4, 2017, 12:15:23 am »
You could compile a whole episode out of scenes where Rick is staring despondentley into space whilst covered in sweat and his own tears. The actor has it down to a tee.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4468 on: April 4, 2017, 12:17:01 am »
You could compile a whole episode out of scenes where Rick is staring despondentley into space whilst covered in sweat and his own tears. The actor has it down to a tee.

You could definitely put together an entire episode of people gardening from this season.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #4469 on: April 4, 2017, 05:07:14 am »
yeah, it was shit, but given the run up (only the morgan episode was any good this year) it was only to be expected.  mawkishness and terrible marksmanship are the 'death and taxes' of every TWD finale.

i've said it before, but one of the reasons the comics are far, far superior is that characters can and do die regularly and shockingly, whereas on TV the actors have contracts so that level of surprise is impossible.  so even in a crazy free-for-all gun battle, none of the main cast was killed.  there's no jeopardy, no peril, no tension at all, especially since everyone knew who was going to be beamed up this finale.

i've got to give special mention to possibly the worst line i've ever heard in a TV show (and i watched true detective season 2), and the worst acting to deliver it... negan spotting maggie and ejaculating "that widow's alive! guns a-blazin'!" :lmao :lmao :lmao

i just paused it and laughed for about 5 minutes at the dreadfulness of it.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4470 on: April 4, 2017, 12:29:14 pm »

I think we are supposed to think he got scratched and has fled? If so, really badly done

Finale started badly with a strand I really didn't care about but at a certain point, it got going
Spoiler
I hated the Sasha thing and felt like they got Abraham's portrayl wrong in those annoying flashbacks. Episode picked up when Eugene went to Alexandria for me
[close]
and it was fine. As a finale, it lacked a bit of oomph, we knew who was and wasn't going to die as did everybody who has ever watched a second of the show, there was some major logic issues
Spoiler
1) The tiger who can't harm a fly (which we had big speeches about it), becomes a ruthless killer that amazingly only kills Negan's men, 2) the rubbish people have a brilliant retreat planned with people outside the walls in prepartion for something going wrong but nobody thought to ensure there was some of lookout or guards to prevent people turning up
[close]
but I had fun until the awful ending.

As for the season overall, I have enjoyed individual episodes but I'm turning against the Alexandrian episodes which tend to suck now, I question choices being made and some of the writing.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4471 on: April 4, 2017, 01:49:04 pm »
That was a good episode

You know what, I'm with you.

Thought that was a decent episode. Rick's decision to the trust the Garbage Pail Kids turned out to be a shocker, eh.

Most of the season has been filler but at least this one upped the drama. I really didn't need another sequence with Rick and a loved-one about to be killed with a baseball bat; we've kind of done that now, haven't we?

The Sasha thing, I liked that twist, although it was also an excuse for a sugar-coated flashback with Ginger-nuts which was a time sap.

While I do think the show has been piss-poor at times, on characterisation, pacing and plot, I will probably now hang around to see Negan defeated.

Negan of course if he didn't like the sound of his own voice so much with those stupid monologues, could have quickly killed Karl and broken Rick for good. Would have been game over.

Go CGI Tiger! My money's on him for the Negan Kill.

(I see others have not bothered with Spoiler tags so..)

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4472 on: April 4, 2017, 01:51:15 pm »
Go CGI Tiger! My money's on him for the Negan Kill.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4473 on: April 4, 2017, 01:57:12 pm »

I cannot believe the Blue Man Group are in this! Though I wouldn't trust them too much.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #4474 on: April 4, 2017, 02:33:18 pm »
Its amazing to think that most of the season has been filler episodes. Have we not come to the stage now where it's no longer filler, it's just shite?

In seasons gone by I've had my gripes with the show but every second or maybe every third episode you'd get a solid one where the plot progressed and it was actually interesting. You could literally summarise what happened in this season in less than 100 words.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2017, 02:40:53 pm by Red_Irishman »

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4475 on: April 4, 2017, 02:39:56 pm »

It's almost like he's contemplating that Love Actually short film from Comic Relief.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4476 on: April 4, 2017, 03:11:44 pm »
Far from the best finale to end far from the best season.

That said I'll be sticking with it and so will everyone in this thread so it can't be as bad as being made out. There's still enough there to keep it going a while yet.

Dwight and Eugene will be the two most intriguing characters early on next season.

I really enjoyed the Sasha strand to the episode personally and thought that part played out well.

Shame Carl didn't die.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #4477 on: April 4, 2017, 04:25:14 pm »
What a load of shite

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #4478 on: April 4, 2017, 10:56:00 pm »
Rick could easily have disarmed Francis DeLaTour

'ave that miss jones' and fucking decked her
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #4479 on: April 5, 2017, 08:09:10 am »
What has been the point in adding those awful trash people? Clearly they'd have been useless in the war anyway seeing as every Alexandrian managed to get the drop on them even though they had them all held at gunpoint.