Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 388261 times)

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #4160 on: December 13, 2016, 09:24:13 pm »
We all waited for the scene after the credits right? No, me neither

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KayJcN2hL_8

Comic book spoiler:

Spoiler
Whisperers? The fella that was watching Rick and the other fella?
[close]

Offline Realdidi

• Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4161 on: December 13, 2016, 09:28:32 pm »
Good episode before the break, hopefully no more Rick crying and shaking and generally looking like a crack addict gone cold turkey in the new year
I love Liverpool like a fat kid love Cake

http://twitter.com/#/AlfaEllis

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4162 on: December 13, 2016, 09:32:32 pm »
Anyone got a link to the latest episode please?

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4163 on: December 13, 2016, 10:18:23 pm »
Spoiler
i think it's pretty clear what tara's episode was about, rick's going to need guns to take negan on and............................................................................
[close]

Spoiler
It would be a little early, unless they're going to start hinting towards them like they did with Negan...
[close]
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4164 on: December 13, 2016, 10:55:52 pm »
Spoiler
It would be a little early, unless they're going to start hinting towards them like they did with Negan...
[close]

Spoiler
I don't think it's early, think like the first half of the last series this has all happened over a fairly short time frame and it's pretty obvious there's going to be a major kick off in the 2nd half, Rick has fuck all weapons, the hilltop seem to have a few pointy sticks which leaves whatever weapons the kingdom has, the group in Tara's episode are tooled up to fuck, Tara knows this and promised their leader and the lass who saved her life that she wouldn't tell anyone about them

I might be pissing up the wrong tree but it seems almost certain to me that she's going to have to wrestle with her conscience and tell Rick who will either get them involved or get their weapons off them, otherwise what was the point in showing it? Just think it was a necessary episode so that when it does go off nobody's going to be saying "where the fuck did these people come from" 
[close]

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4165 on: December 13, 2016, 11:05:41 pm »
Spoiler
I wonder what'll happen to the leader of the Hilltop. Rick and co were marching over to his house at the end of the episode but there's no way he'd be on board with a rebellion or be trustworthy enough to force into it.

Also, I reckon that guy who beat up Aaron and harassed Enid is gonna get royally fucked up.
[close]

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4166 on: December 13, 2016, 11:40:29 pm »
Spoiler
I don't think it's early, think like the first half of the last series this has all happened over a fairly short time frame and it's pretty obvious there's going to be a major kick off in the 2nd half 
[close]

Spoiler
Yeah and the big kick off is going to be all the groups against the Saviours. It's way too early and wouldn't make sense to have two major villains at the same time. It's more likely to be anew group that wasn't in the comics and ends up joining them against the Saviours.
[close]

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #4167 on: December 13, 2016, 11:58:14 pm »
Spoiler
Yeah and the big kick off is going to be all the groups against the Saviours. It's way too early and wouldn't make sense to have two major villains at the same time. It's more likely to be anew group that wasn't in the comics and ends up joining them against the Saviours.
[close]

Look how they trailed Morgan's return for a whole season, he could be lurking until next season.

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4168 on: December 14, 2016, 12:12:24 am »
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
I wasn't getting at them being classed as villains, just another group who are out there who've already had a run in with the survivors and have the one thing that Rick needs more than anything else if he's going to take the saviours on, they came across as not wanting to start a war with anybody but prepared to kill anyone who finds them just to protect themselves, they're not really a threat (as in they're not suddenly going to start going round trying to kill other groups off) as it is I think Tara is going to spill the beans and they'll either become involved as allies or Rick will somehow get their weapons, that episode was shown for a reason, they have guns, Tara knows they have guns, Rick needs guns, it's as simple as that
[close]

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4169 on: December 14, 2016, 03:20:01 am »
Spoiler
Can a baseball bat covered in barbed wire really stop a bullet fired at point blank range?
[close]

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #4170 on: December 14, 2016, 08:03:40 am »
Spoiler
Can a baseball bat covered in barbed wire really stop a bullet fired at point blank range?
[close]

Spoiler
I was thinking how did he manage to keep the bat completely still after a bullet hit it from point blank range?

Anywho, a fairly decent mid season final all things considered. Once again though it's setting up the next half season as though it's going to be amazing but we all know there'll be another 4/5 episodes of nonsense single character filler before we get to anything interesting happening. "What's that? You want to see Alexandiria, Hilltop and the Kingdom team up? Well here's a whole episode catching up with Heath."
[close]

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #4171 on: December 14, 2016, 10:46:33 am »
Enjoyed it.

I like they incorporated all the camps in one episode so I could paper over the boring stuff. Although I think it was because the show goes on a hiatus now. Nice and funny scenes with Negan.

Spoiler
I genuinely LOLed when he said to that fucker "you have no guts" and the next thing is the latter's guts out in the open.

Don't know if you got it but Carol wants to be left alone.
[close]
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4172 on: December 14, 2016, 12:04:41 pm »
Spoiler
[close]
Let's find out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsciFHEkq48

Though it's worth mentioning that Lucille is a vampire bat with barbed wire around it. It has special powers.

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4173 on: December 14, 2016, 01:20:15 pm »

Thanks, I had missed that.

Someone each episode doesn't like it, this time my turn ;) It fell flat for me, some decent scenes and knited the strands together well but even Negan, despite doing all the right things, felt underpowered. Don't know if just an off moment for me. Hated, hated the ending

Spoiler
Not the Negan bits, the bits afterwards. I also felt that the season ended up undercutting the brilliance of  Negan's plan at end of last season as so many many characters seem to have not been cowed or any concern other then how they can try to kill Negan. One would expect one or two to not be cowed but so many just seem to have shrugged off what should have been an effective attack on their minds and will? 
[close]

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4174 on: December 14, 2016, 01:23:08 pm »
The ending was so cringe but otherwise a solid mid-season finale. Negan is fucking brilliant.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #4175 on: December 14, 2016, 01:39:25 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Can dead bodies come back to life and attack the living?...  there are a thousand and one problems with The Walking Dead unless you accept that it's a comic strip filmed with live actors. A baseball bat stopping a bullet fits perfectly in that universe. The real elephant in the room is that the terrifying monsters of the early series can now be dispatched by a kid with a knife, in which case you [should] have to wonder how the world got into the state it is.

I'm back on board the Rick train now. I'm accepting the daftness and going with the flow.
[close]
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4176 on: December 14, 2016, 01:57:47 pm »

Comic book spoiler:

Spoiler
Whisperers? The fella that was watching Rick and the other fella?
[close]
Spoiler
From that clip I reckon that fella that was watching Rick is a gal that was watching Rick
[close]
Every man has a dream

Some just can't be spoken of in polite company

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4177 on: December 14, 2016, 02:17:49 pm »
Look how they trailed Morgan's return for a whole season, he could be lurking until next season.
TSD SPOILER
Spoiler
we see them in ep9 and they are being called the garbage pail kids as their HQ is a junk yard
[close]
cyas

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4178 on: December 14, 2016, 04:31:46 pm »
Alan's right: the zombies have lost their threat. I suppose, though, if everything was just focused on them being the only danger, the script would have worn thin ages ago. It would make sense for certain individuals to be veteran zombie dispatchers by now, but I think what we really need to see more of is immense numbers of them. We only saw a glimpse of a massive herd on the road in one of the previous seasons, and the one that spilled out of the quarry and eventually attacked Alexandria, and even then it wasn't much of a threat once everyone grew a set of balls and took them on. I personally think the show should be on its last legs now as far as coming to an eventual end. There's only so much that can be done at this stage.

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4179 on: December 14, 2016, 04:39:36 pm »
to be honest, I'd go the other way.

I always thought you'd have to be a total idiot or really unlucky to get killed by them, humans and the issues they bring on the other hand...
cyas

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4180 on: December 14, 2016, 05:00:00 pm »
Not trying to be overly negative or anything, but that first half of the season was just a big meh. Hoping for a much better second half of the season. It is improving.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4181 on: December 16, 2016, 11:40:43 pm »
Just randomly playing Easy Street to my sleeping girlfriend atm

Utmost respect for Daryl, this weakling is snapping and it's only been half an hour

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #4182 on: December 17, 2016, 12:16:29 am »
Not trying to be overly negative or anything, but that first half of the season was just a big meh. Hoping for a much better second half of the season. It is improving.
It's been awful, not just 'meh'. Reminds me of the farm days. Loved the first episode mind you.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #4183 on: December 17, 2016, 12:28:36 am »
Reminds me of the farm days.

WD's finest season to date.

:)

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4184 on: December 17, 2016, 04:42:08 am »
WD's finest season to date.

We was about the only one who liked that series I think, better than the next one.
choose Life.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4185 on: December 17, 2016, 10:43:04 am »
Just randomly playing Easy Street to my sleeping girlfriend atm

Utmost respect for Daryl, this weakling is snapping and it's only been half an hour
Ha ha ha!

You evil get!

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #4186 on: December 17, 2016, 10:59:18 pm »
We was about the only one who liked that series I think, better than the next one.

Can't believe that JL!

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #4187 on: December 18, 2016, 12:25:50 am »

me too :)
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #4188 on: December 20, 2016, 12:46:55 pm »
This season, where it took them about 8 episodes to realize there is a thing called cross-cutting where you can show more than one location at a time!

Interested to see how they manage Rick and gang fighting back. With Negan, the moment Rick shows any signs of aggression or non-compliance Negsy would kill one or more of Rick's friends (or family, eeek) so the main gang are either gonna have to act covertly, or it's ALL OUT WAR straight away.

Pretty sure, Darryl is going on a Savior killing spree, hot damn soon!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #4189 on: December 21, 2016, 09:25:04 am »
This season, where it took them about 8 episodes to realize there is a thing called cross-cutting where you can show more than one location at a time!

Interested to see how they manage Rick and gang fighting back. With Negan, the moment Rick shows any signs of aggression or non-compliance Negsy would kill one or more of Rick's friends (or family, eeek) so the main gang are either gonna have to act covertly, or it's ALL OUT WAR straight away.

Pretty sure, Darryl is going on a Savior killing spree, hot damn soon!

There is a far chance that the most emotional scene of the second half will be Darryl being reunited with his crossbow.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4190 on: December 21, 2016, 03:15:51 pm »
I decided to start watching this again from the start and I forgot what a brilliant show it was for such a long time. I'm most of the way through season 3 and it's been fantastic up until now, the characters have developed really nicely without the need for any one off 'this is the episode where X develops' episodes, the walkers take people out so quickly and with no warning, the tightness of the group is built really well and the threats to the group are relentless. Even Carl seems like quite the well developed little bad-ass at the moment, though I forgot how annoying Dale could be.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #4191 on: January 3, 2017, 11:52:59 pm »
Are you fucking serious? Christ almighty I felt like I was watching a TWD parody youtube clip at the end.

Wish I was a walker. Or Kaaaarrrrls eye

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #4192 on: January 4, 2017, 12:45:45 am »
over xmas i've dipped back into the comics, and the difference in quality compared to the TV show(s) is incredible. comic negan is superb (i started rereading from his introduction).

i got so engrossed that quite a few times i found myself thinking 'this would make a great TV show', before remembering that it hasn't :D

interesting that kirkman's other comic series (outcast) has ended up on cinemax instead of AMC, and so presumably has all the freedom to do the things that would arguably have made TWD considerably better.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4193 on: January 5, 2017, 09:30:16 pm »
Just finished re-watching the first 5 seasons and actually really enjoyed all of it, the slower parts are so much more enjoyable when you don't have to wait a week for each episode. Season 4 was a lot stronger than I remembered too, it had much more going on than I remember.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #4194 on: January 5, 2017, 11:27:56 pm »
Just finished re-watching the first 5 seasons and actually really enjoyed all of it, the slower parts are so much more enjoyable when you don't have to wait a week for each episode. Season 4 was a lot stronger than I remembered too, it had much more going on than I remember.

Couldn't agree more Smigger lad.

I did the re-watch a few years back up to and including season 4 I think. The thing really does lend itself to viewing in that way. Superb viewing - particularly the Hershel's farm season. The slower it is the better it gets. You also get to appreciate the incredible music selections too doing it that way. The weekly viewing doesn't work anywhere near so well.

I'm sure I'll do so again some time. maybe at the end of season 20 or 30.

;D

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #4195 on: January 5, 2017, 11:34:05 pm »

;D

At which point the actor playing Kaaaaaarrrrll  will be about 40 playing an 16 year old lad.

And a stone cold fox will be playing Judith

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #4196 on: January 5, 2017, 11:40:21 pm »
At which point the actor playing Kaaaaaarrrrll  will be about 40 playing an 16 year old lad.

And a stone cold fox will be playing Judith

Okay. So I admit it.

I had to look up what a stone cold fox was.

;D

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #4197 on: January 6, 2017, 12:13:51 am »
Okay. So I admit it.

I had to look up what a stone cold fox was.

;D

Judith circa season 20

;D ;D

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4198 on: January 7, 2017, 12:37:17 pm »
Couldn't agree more Smigger lad.

I did the re-watch a few years back up to and including season 4 I think. The thing really does lend itself to viewing in that way. Superb viewing - particularly the Hershel's farm season. The slower it is the better it gets. You also get to appreciate the incredible music selections too doing it that way. The weekly viewing doesn't work anywhere near so well.

;D

Agreed, so much better. The stuff with Rick trying to give up his gun and become a farmer at the prison really didn't last that long when watched back to back, but when I had to wait a week for each episode it really was a killer. Same for the Beth in the hospital bit and the episodes with The Governor trying to find himself.

I'm hoping in a couple of seasons this whole thing with Carol not wanting to kill any more is long over and it can be looked back on as just an interesting part of her development, rather than the kick in the balls it's been up until now.

Also I'd love to see an adult Judith in TWD, if only because she'd probably be an utter bad-ass at that point.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #4199 on: January 10, 2017, 01:59:24 pm »
Spoiler
Finally caught up! Saved the last 3 episodes and watched back to back.

Well I've enjoyed watching it....I get some of the episodes are slower but I don't have an issue with that. I don't mind meandering along with the episodes when they are a bit slower trying to figure out wtf is going on. If there's action, great, if not, fine. Part and parcel of it....just wanna see how they tie it up in the end and I wouldn't watch it if I didn't enjoy the journey

I did feel they tried to make the impact of that first episode last. Too often things are resolved very quickly so that you move on to another story so quickly you don't even digest what the hell just happened, maybe this half of the season was trying to get the audience back to thinking about the gravity of what happened again. So we had to see the different stages of grief for all the characters until they got to the point they reached at the end of the episode..where they're ready to do something about it. Also as others have said its no point having Negan who has been built up this ultimate villain without him lasting a while.
[close]

Looking forward to the next half
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.