Author Topic: Watches  (Read 253166 times)

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
Re: Watches
« Reply #1800 on: April 18, 2024, 11:33:49 pm »
BTW, my 26 years of good fortune has come from having it serviced by Tag only. It's a bit of a hassle getting into town and it might take a few days but well worth it.

Yeah, I’m not intending on using anyone else despite the extortionate prices and long turnaround time, I don’t wear the watch daily (I’m far too clumsy!)
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1801 on: April 19, 2024, 12:51:00 am »
Yeah, I’m not intending on using anyone else despite the extortionate prices and long turnaround time, I don’t wear the watch daily (I’m far too clumsy!)

You'd be surprised how tough a Professional 200 is. I've literally worn mine everyday with exception of some o'seas trips and it's been bashed around. I even had a hectic quad bike crash years ago and the thing literally saved me from losing my arm.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline kopite77

• Legacy Fan
  • In Jurgen we trust!
« Reply #1802 on: April 19, 2024, 01:48:31 pm »
BTW, my 26 years of good fortune has come from having it serviced by Tag only. It's a bit of a hassle getting into town and it might take a few days but well worth it.
Yes, if you own a Luxury Watch you are always better going to the company who made it for service, a slight word of warning though, if it’s an older model with signs of wear on the dial which holds sentimental value to you, tell them if they’re also replacing the dial tell them you want the old one returning with the watch, the same goes for the bracelet, you will be surprised if you come to sell it how much replacing the dial and bracelet will devalue the watch.

As for the servicing of the movement, especially if it’s an in house movement they should only ever be serviced by the company who made it, if it’s an ETA or Sellita third party movement then yes they can be serviced by most competent Watchmakers, but if they have any complications or modifications added by the watch company they should be serviced themselves for peace of mind, they also guarantee the work they have done.
HARRY HARRIS, MARK LAWRENSON, JOSE MOURIHNO,PETER KENYON, ROMAN ABRAMOVICH, ALAN HANSEN, YOU GUY'S TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING

AND Mr KENWRIGHT YOU CAN STICK YOUR FUCKING GROUNDSHARE UP YOUR ARSE!

Hicks and Gillett, Game Over, thanks for Fuck All Fuckfaces, Internet Terrorist and Proud!

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1803 on: April 22, 2024, 12:06:14 am »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.