Author Topic: Anthony Le Tallec  (Read 125556 times)

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
Re:Le Tallec
« Reply #240 on: October 5, 2003, 07:54:40 pm »
who else were we going to play with our injury crisis??????

« Last Edit: October 5, 2003, 07:55:15 pm by Rushian »
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline IrishRed

• Driven but can't drive...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #241 on: October 5, 2003, 09:15:29 pm »
'useless' - very tempted to reply fuck off but wouldn't want you to take it the wrong way.

give the lad a fucking chance.  rightly or wrongly he was brought on (i have to admit that i didn't agree with him starting away in europe - more on that later...) so give him the support.  the lad will still be finding his feet and may even have felt nervous (imagine...) when he got the call to come on.  only turned 19, already huge expectations on him and being brought on against some of the best players around - his talent deserves more time, patience and respect from all.

regarding the expectations and my comment regarding him in europe - i just hope people don't go overboard with him.  putting him in for europe was good for experience wise, plus took the pressure of Anfield expectations away from him, however, it it essential that we do not put too much too soon on his shoulders.  let him settle and give him cameo roles until he's up to speed, unleash him slowly and then sit back and watch the lad progress.
LFC SHOULD NEVER PLAY ON THE 15TH APRIL, NOT THIS YEAR, NEXT YEAR OR ANY OTHER YEAR

Justice

Offline Danni

• Kopite
  • I do!
« Reply #242 on: October 6, 2003, 10:13:17 am »
Don't let your dad read that, he might disown you for belittling the ability of Le Talent :P ::)

My Dad disown me?  :o

Nah I'm Daddy's little girl ;D

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #243 on: October 6, 2003, 10:24:55 am »
Some peopl amaze me!

Same wankers were screaming that he should be in the team at the start of the season.

Just a complete fuckin joke of a thread
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Spartacus.

• I dragged Rafa into the pub. Knits only with the finest quality Wools.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #244 on: October 6, 2003, 10:27:49 am »
The fans at the match were no better John, I thought they were pathetic with their moaning and groaning, all this talk about no pressure on him is my asss.

RAWK anti scouse?
YNWA is more than a song, think about it.

Offline Danni

• Kopite
  • I do!
« Reply #245 on: October 6, 2003, 10:30:17 am »
John

You never heard of 'freedom of speech',not everyone has to agree with what others say.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2003, 10:32:35 am by Little Wooly »

Offline Spartacus.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #246 on: October 6, 2003, 10:36:09 am »
Dan

I can’t believe you say he has had his chances, he’s had hardly no time on the field and its very very early days.  To be honest don’t see how anyone can have already made an informed opinion on him with respect to the amount of time his has had on the field.

I think he has started one game and had a few appearances as substitute hardly time for the lad to shine.

Personally I don’t think he is ready for the first team but looks like Ged’s hand may have been forced, I would stick him in the reserves and let him mature there.

« Last Edit: October 6, 2003, 10:41:23 am by Christine »
RAWK anti scouse?

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #247 on: October 6, 2003, 10:40:08 am »
He's had loads of chances ??? ???
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Forbsie

• Aka Fourbees
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11th August 1977...Remember the Date
« Reply #248 on: October 6, 2003, 11:04:30 am »
Young lad in new country, new club etc and already some "fans" are on his back :no

The lad will come good and hopeful some "fans" will be eating humble pie.
If Kenny Dalglish had simply played football for Liverpool he would be an Anfield hero. However, the fact that he managed the club to even greater success guarantees him the status of a legend.

Offline Danni

• Kopite
  • I do!
« Reply #249 on: October 6, 2003, 01:34:16 pm »
John & Christine

It was a wind up mate,I knew me Dad would read this with him being a big Le Tallec fan.
Like I am with Owen,we wind each other up all the time.
So you can get off your high horse ;D

;)

Offline Mossley Hill Red

• Kemlynite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #250 on: October 6, 2003, 01:56:30 pm »
I agree that Le Tallec looked a bit lost on sturady and perhaps a bit overawed by the occassion but anyone who saw him in the last 15 minutes against blackburn will recognise that he has class oozing out of him. His vision was breathtaking. He's only 19 for God's sake and I'm sure he'll come good.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #251 on: October 6, 2003, 01:57:16 pm »
I agree I think Cheyrou can come good

Danny murphy reckons cheyrou is "Fucking awewsome on the training park"..

Maybe his form on the match pitch has something to do with the boo boys slagging him off whenever he has a half decent game..

in relation to ALT. houlleir has said from day one that he will use him "very sparingly" as noted earlier it was only injuries that got ALt playing v the arse..

BUt he WILL be  brilliant for us sooner rather than later.
JFT 96

Offline pascoli

• Shit Googler & Easily Amused Bar Steward...
  • Legacy Fan
  • PER ARDUA AD ASTRA
« Reply #252 on: October 6, 2003, 05:38:41 pm »
Some peopl amaze me!

Same wankers were screaming that he should be in the team at the start of the season.

Just a complete fuckin joke of a thread

Thats a bit out of order. If theres a thread where this particular fella was sayinALT should be playin more games then fair enough, criticise him.
He is only making his opinion known, the opinion that ALT should spend more time in the reserves. An opinion that most people would agree with. Cant see why ya feel the need to have a go at him for saying somethin that 90% of people would agree with
« Last Edit: October 6, 2003, 05:40:13 pm by pascoli »
INTERNET TERRORIST. AND PROUD TOO.

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #253 on: October 6, 2003, 07:03:28 pm »
He's right to have a go cos it is a f'cking ridiculous thread.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Pheeny

« Reply #254 on: October 6, 2003, 07:22:29 pm »
Can't believe some of what I've read in this thread.

Offline Danni

• Kopite
  • I do!
« Reply #255 on: October 7, 2003, 02:27:48 pm »
 :o
Yez are all a bit stressed if you ask me,get yourselfs in the boozer and have one on me  ;)

Offline Bob Kurac

• Cares.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Modern football is shit
« Reply #256 on: October 7, 2003, 02:34:51 pm »
No option but to play him, and he clearly has talent. Almost against Leicester, and almost on Saturday - looks good coming into the last 25 yards.

However, also gives off the air of being totally overawed at tmes when on the ball around the halfway line - in Ljub and on Saturday. Needs support, and encouragement to pass the ball forwards ... I do see a danger in him having the confidence knocked out of him if left too exposed, and thrown in too often, without support. The kind of support a Hamman would provide him with, for example.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: October 7, 2003, 02:39:55 pm »
Maybe his form on the match pitch has something to do with the boo boys slagging him off whenever he has a half decent game..

I have never seen him have a half decent game.  

Boo boys?  Never heard him (or any other player in a red shirt) booed if they were having a bad game.

Offline Cardie

• Has severe hair-trigger and adores Aberdare
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: October 7, 2003, 03:30:43 pm »
Weren't we all desperate for him to play at all costs just a few weeks ago?

Offline Spartacus.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #259 on: October 7, 2003, 03:38:55 pm »

I can only speak for myself so NO  :)
RAWK anti scouse?

Offline Spartacus.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #260 on: October 7, 2003, 03:40:34 pm »

Boo boys?  Never heard him (or any other player in a red shirt) booed if they were having a bad game.

Havent you?  I have.
RAWK anti scouse?

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #261 on: October 7, 2003, 04:48:01 pm »

No we said if he needs to play then the odd 5-10 minutes and ease him in.

A few people wanted him in straight off but the majority wanted him slowly but surely introduced throughout the season.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #262 on: October 7, 2003, 04:50:54 pm »

Danny Murphy got booed off against Southampton, then prompty shoved their boo's back up their arses by scoring the winner at Old Trafford about 4 days later.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
Le Tallec hopes to succeed at Liverpool
« Reply #263 on: October 10, 2003, 07:11:04 pm »
Versatile Le Tallec hopes to succeed at Liverpool
Reuters
Friday October 10, 2003 6:51 PM

PARIS, Oct 10 (Reuters) - Frenchman Anthony Le Tallec believes he has a future at Liverpool after a promising start with the English premier league side.

The 19-year-old forward has come on as a substitute for Gerard Houllier's side the last five league matches and believes a breakthrough is just around the corner.

"When I arrived, my goal was to feature among the 16 players called up for the (first team) games... and that has been the case since the first match against Chelsea," the 19 year-old told sports website lequipe.fr on Friday.

An Under-17 world champion with France in 2001, Le Tallec said that compatriot Houllier was convinced by his versatility.

"He says I can play in the midfield, up front, in the middle or on the wings. I think it is a reason for my regular presence in the squad," said Le Tallec, whose Under-21 partner Florent Sinama-Pongolle has yet to win Houllier over.

Le Tallec's move to England appears to be paying off, but not everyone had been convinced it was a good idea. French Under-21 coach Raymond Domenech was initially less than impressed by the youngster's move from Le Havre during the close-season.

"It had been said that if I was going to Liverpool, I could give up any hope with the national team. But today, I have both, Liverpool and the French team. I'm a winner," the player said.
http://football.guardian.co.uk/breakingnews/story/0,1273,-3249156,00.html
Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
Re:Le Tallec hopes to succeed at Liverpool
« Reply #264 on: October 10, 2003, 07:50:05 pm »
I think his best position is in the middle of the park.  When he came on for Smicer against Arsenal he struggled to make an impact on the flank but has looked very very useful when played in the middle.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: October 10, 2003, 08:17:03 pm »
OK, he CAN play in all those positions, but which is the best for him?

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: October 10, 2003, 08:30:26 pm »
Centre mid or off the strikers in 'the hole' imo.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: October 10, 2003, 08:43:49 pm »
That's what I thought too.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Reeves

• Back from the dead. Bit simples.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "THE DISTANCE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS.........
    • RAWK
« Reply #268 on: October 10, 2003, 10:12:38 pm »
MO can play centre back. Doesn't mean he's any good there.

ALT needs to play in a forward role or a central attacking midfield role. End of.
..........IS MEASURED ONLY BY SUCCESS"

RAWK - HJC Champions 2003
Former RAWK Scribe 2002 - 2004

Offline RedBoywonder

• The Big E
  • Legacy Fan
  • and could he play.....
« Reply #269 on: October 10, 2003, 10:47:51 pm »
The lad needs time above all else. I'd rather he played in a forward (centre) role just behind the front men.
Justice for the 96.

hoonin

« Reply #270 on: October 11, 2003, 12:17:19 am »
Behind the striker(s), though for the time being any exposure is good exposure.

Think Houllier has got it spot on so far, despite the pressure of some fans declaring ALT to be the messiah and the majority of us expecting miracles every time he steps on the pitch.

He has that air about him at the moment. Some of that is due to him showing glimpses of his ability, some of it down to the myth being created by fans. The second bit is what worries me, especially after hearing a few fans get on his back when we lost at Charlton.

He'll be a star for us, of that there is no doubt ;)

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: October 11, 2003, 11:10:07 am »
Although is anyone slightly worried that we've had so many of these 'in the hole' players - Vladi, Cheyrou, Jari, Diouf (?) and yet none of them have managed to succeed at the club in that position for any length of time?
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

hoonin

« Reply #272 on: October 11, 2003, 12:56:47 pm »
No, becuase Houllier has never really stuck with it.

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
Le Tallec- I Rejected Arsenal
« Reply #273 on: October 30, 2003, 10:37:25 pm »
30 October 2003  : by Chris Smith
Tony Le T - I turned down Arsenal

Liverpool youngster Anthony Le Tallec has revealed for the first time, that he was close to signing for Arsenal as a 15-year old before Gerard Houllier moved to bring him to Anfield.

Le Tallec's comments will certainly have Gunner's fans kicking themselves at missing out on the French U21 international.

"I could have gone to Arsenal when I was 15, but Le Havre didn't want me to," said the player dubbed 'Le Talent'.

"I had given my word, but things didn't work out. Anyway, I think I was a bit too young then.

"Arsenal is in the past and I'm not disappointed at all. Today I'm at Liverpool and I'm very happy to have signed for them.

Le Tallec also revealed that he was invited to visit Manchester United in July 2001, but he rejected their advances in favour of a move to Anfield.

"I really had a good feeling about the place," says Anthony. "It felt like a family club and it was one which has magnificent facilities. I also liked the city and what Gerard Houllier had to say."

-----------------------------------------

Read a post before about us not being in the big 3 anymore. I think what ALT said in that interview just goes to show that LFC's pulling power is still as strong as ever. Made up that he joined us over the Gooners and the Mancs
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline Ian-TN

• The slightly shop spoiled Jon Hall
  • Legacy Fan
Re:Le Tallec- I Rejected Arsenal
« Reply #274 on: October 30, 2003, 10:44:19 pm »
"I really had a good feeling about the place,"

Kewell also said the same sorta thing. We have gotta be doin somethin right if players of their quality turn down others to join us.
To an interpreter, regarding excited Italian journalists:
'Just tell them I completely disagree with everything they say.'

Offline LES

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #275 on: October 30, 2003, 11:01:46 pm »
We are fucking huge, any player who wouldn't want to join the mighty reds would be off his head. New state of the art stadium looming, with a fan base the size of ours. We are going places.

"Who the fuck are man utd, who the fuck are man utd".......

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: October 30, 2003, 11:28:11 pm »
As much as i would like to see Anfield Expanded, or kept, for the sake of our future finances and my bruises on my shins we need the "new" Anfield.

Like it or not, you can't win the PremierShip just by having great local talent, the best team spirit and a bit of Lady Luck. You need top player from abroad, and to get them you need shed loads of money and a great place to come and play.

At the moment the pieces of the jigsaw that are complete are the Fans and the Fan Base, Melwood etc. and the back room staff.

We need the new stadium not only for the money, but to attract the players as a theatre.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Ian-TN

• The slightly shop spoiled Jon Hall
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: October 30, 2003, 11:34:03 pm »
I dont think we need a new stadium to attract players. Players wanna play at Anfield anyway cos of the history of the place. But its the finance side we do need.
To an interpreter, regarding excited Italian journalists:
'Just tell them I completely disagree with everything they say.'

Offline Barrettski

• No longer stuck to a goat or anything else with a beard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A teenage dream is so hard to beat
« Reply #278 on: October 31, 2003, 10:29:23 am »
Read a post before about us not being in the big 3 anymore. I think what ALT said in that interview just goes to show that LFC's pulling power is still as strong as ever. Made up that he joined us over the Gooners and the Mancs

I wonder how much of that top three pulling power is down to Houllier and the plans he shares with players when they talk about a possible move to Anfield?

Or... conversely, can anyone imagine Martin O'Neil trying to persuade a French U21 International to come to Liverpool and foresake the opportunity of playing with Viera and Henry, his countrymen and probably his inspiration?

Hmmmm...
Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple - Bill Shankly.

Offline -Duffy-

• HJC Champions - Nov 2003
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop for Kopites
Le Tallec delighted with Kop approval
« Reply #279 on: October 31, 2003, 10:30:24 am »
Anthony Le Tallec has spoken of his delight at the special relationship he is already forming with the Liverpool supporters and how it has helped him to quickly settle in at Anfield.

"I am happy to be at a club where I am appreciated by the supporters," said Anthony, speaking to the official LFC magazine.

"The best thing about that is that it makes you feel confident. It's difficult when you are not liked.

Le Tallec added that the atmosphere inside a sold-out Anfield for his first home start against Olimpija inspired him to go on and net his first goal for the club.

"To score my first goal for Liverpool was a great feeling, especially at Anfield. I could feel the great atmosphere at the start of the game. I was astonished that the stadium was full for a first round game, but clearly there people here love their football," said the young Frenchman.

(.Tv)

Good lad isn't he, but i do wonder if GH does go how will he cope, will he get games? Will he and FSP be sold?