Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1774681 times)

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Atmosphere at Anfield
« Reply #15040 on: Today at 09:54:24 am »
I had this discussion with some of my mates (Who all left) in the pub after.

I'm not sure if our fans are dickheads or if the club fucked up.

We stayed because we've been going for 40 years and we waited for the lap of honour, but as you said 99% of the fans fucked off.

What the actual fuck? We did our best to clap the players, but you could tell they were thinking 'What the actual fucking fuck - everyone has fucked off' and barely any of them bothered.

Not sure what is going on with our fans any more.

The club fucked up!

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15041 on: Today at 10:18:10 am »
I think specifically Peter McDowell. He announces that the lap of honour is happening just after Jurgen's speech.

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #15042 on: Today at 10:19:54 am »
We stayed partly to finally sit down and thinking of the usual lap of honour. We were then unsure as everyone went off again after the presentations and no announcement to say the players were coming back out.

Club royally fucked it up and it was confusing. Needed to tell us before that the first part was all about Klopp and staff, short break and then the players back out.

Offline AnnieRoad93

• Main Stander
« Reply #15043 on: Today at 10:23:07 am »
We left after the ynwa in front of the kop, didn’t  even realise they were going to do a lap, think most people not interested in seeing players and their kids doing laps anymore really
Underneath the floodlights down in Düsseldorf...

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #15044 on: Today at 10:24:19 am »
Not sure why the club didn’t throw on YNWA too when the players all lined up in front of the kop.

i think a lot of people assumed there’d be no walk around after the stewards were standing around the perimeter preventing any players from going near the stands.

I got off once the players went back in and I’ve been to plenty of final home games over the years

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15045 on: Today at 10:40:52 am »
Not sure why the club didn’t throw on YNWA too when the players all lined up in front of the kop.

i think a lot of people assumed there’d be no walk around after the stewards were standing around the perimeter preventing any players from going near the stands.

I got off once the players went back in and I’ve been to plenty of final home games over the years

Yeah exactly that. I got off, I saw the players leaving after they'd done YNWA at the Kop end and a fair few had walked past where I was in the Kenny/annie road end at full time anyway. Jurgs had done the fist bumps to all 4 sides of the ground, when the players left the pitch I just assumed that was it. Thought it was a bit strange they'd not done the thing with the families but  was already like 45 mins after the game by then and figured with all the other stuff that would be that.

It was generally a great send off for Jurgen but this bit wasn't particularly organized or clear [to me at least, or it seems thousands of others]
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #15046 on: Today at 10:42:35 am »
Yeah exactly that. I got off, I saw the players leaving after they'd done YNWA at the Kop end and a fair few had walked past where I was in the Kenny/annie road end at full time anyway. Jurgs had done the fist bumps to all 4 sides of the ground, when the players left the pitch I just assumed that was it. Thought it was a bit strange they'd not done the thing with the families but  was already like 45 mins after the game by then and figured with all the other stuff that would be that.

It was generally a great send off for Jurgen but this bit wasn't particularly organized or clear [to me at least, or it seems thousands of others]

We waited and they came out as expected with their kids and families as expected ten minutes later.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Lisan Al Gaib

• Main Stander
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #15047 on: Today at 10:51:18 am »
A lot of people had trains to catch as well. The presentations went on far longer than I thought they wouldn't and I basically had to run back to Lime Street for a train 1 hour and 55 minutes after the final whistle.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #15048 on: Today at 11:04:46 am »
Absolutely loads started making tracks after the YNWA (which George should have actually played I think). Thought that was just it basically and they'd miss out the traditional end of season lap given it was all about Klopp. Someone should have made it more clear, loads would have stayed, myself included like.

It still felt like a decent enough send off. Personally I'd have had the players do a quick lap round the pitch just after full time (no families as it would have taken the piss time wise) then sorted out Matip/Thiago/Klopp/Staff stuff.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15049 on: Today at 11:34:47 am »
Absolutely loads started making tracks after the YNWA (which George should have actually played I think). Thought that was just it basically and they'd miss out the traditional end of season lap given it was all about Klopp. Someone should have made it more clear, loads would have stayed, myself included like.

It still felt like a decent enough send off. Personally I'd have had the players do a quick lap round the pitch just after full time (no families as it would have taken the piss time wise) then sorted out Matip/Thiago/Klopp/Staff stuff.

I thought that would have been the way they did it - watching on telly, there didn't seem to be any expectation that the players would come back out, I wandered into the garden came back in about 5 mins later and saw the players coming out and Klopp still out - someone managed to get Ulla to sign a Klopp banner too
Jurgen YNWA

Offline noneoftheabove

• Main Stander
« Reply #15050 on: Today at 12:24:06 pm »

Definitely George should have played YNWA. That must have been the intention but maybe didnt want to start it as the Kop had started singing it.

Offline The25thofmay

• Kemlynite
« Reply #15051 on: Today at 12:30:29 pm »
Was in the upper Annie yesterday and atmosphere was great. Best in a long long time. Partly because the game didnt really matter so there was no anxiety just people celebrating Jurgen. One thing I'd do going forward is kill the music completely for the 10 minutes before kick off. Let the fans get the atmosphere going with our own songs.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15052 on: Today at 12:57:14 pm »
Was in the upper Annie yesterday and atmosphere was great. Best in a long long time. Partly because the game didnt really matter so there was no anxiety just people celebrating Jurgen. One thing I'd do going forward is kill the music completely for the 10 minutes before kick off. Let the fans get the atmosphere going with our own songs.

Nobody ever listens to the music anyway. When I was sitting in my old seat in the Main Stand it was just noise as the PA was crap. Before all seater stadiums we had to get in early to get a spec and sometimes George would put on something interesting and have chat about it. Today with bars and food on offer nobody really takes their seat until about 10/15 minutes before kick off so the music is pointelss apart from YNWA.

Offline donnerz

• Main Stander
« Reply #15053 on: Today at 01:00:01 pm »
Great atmosphere - shame we couldn't really hear Jurgen's speech at the back of AL as the sound was so muffled.