Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3432617 times)

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #36080 on: November 25, 2019, 01:05:12 pm »
Didn't watch them against Chelsea but heard they had a tough game...Aguero is definitely a loss for them at this point, not great timing for them and De Bruyne is definitely the one stand out player for them at the moment stringing it all together. Wouldn't mind him fucking off form for abit
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #36081 on: November 25, 2019, 01:05:36 pm »
De Bruyne is the key one for them. He is dragging their side forward at the moment and has the strength and ability to win them the tough matches they have coming up. Hopefully he breaks down some point soon.

He and Sterling.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #36082 on: November 25, 2019, 01:10:48 pm »
If they match the run from this time last season until the end then they'll P25, W21 L4 D0.

That's 2.52 points per game.

Would see them finish on 91 points.

For us to finish above them we'd only require to get 2.16 points per game. Last season from this point on we got 64 points (2.56 points per game). Would see us finish on 101.

Aroused.
JFT97

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #36083 on: November 25, 2019, 01:32:15 pm »
If they match the run from this time last season until the end then they'll P25, W21 L4 D0.

For us to finish above them we'd only require to get 2.16 points per game. Last season from this point on we got 64 points (2.56 points per game). Would see us finish on 101.

They probably will match it though. They had an amazing second half of the season but they had that sticky December where they lost to Chelsea, Palace and Leicester. Can’t see them losing another 4 this season but then hopefully they’ll have a couple of draws in games they won last year. No draws in their last 25 games (and maybe more) is crazy.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #36084 on: November 25, 2019, 01:47:32 pm »
They probably will match it though. They had an amazing second half of the season but they had that sticky December where they lost to Chelsea, Palace and Leicester. Can’t see them losing another 4 this season but then hopefully they’ll have a couple of draws in games they won last year. No draws in their last 25 games (and maybe more) is crazy.
They had no draws in their last 30 games. They had two in the first 8 games - Wolves and then us at Anfield. 26 wins (!), 4 losses after that. So I wouldn't count them out just yet, as they've shown two seasons in a row that they can wins 18 and 14 straight games. Do that again, and only drop points in 2-3 games and it means we will need 95-97 points this season to win.

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #36085 on: November 25, 2019, 02:16:03 pm »
Yeah, they've a weird knack of never drawing games, it's so fucking annoying, the odd defeat arrives every 12 games or so but they never seem to draw.

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #36086 on: November 25, 2019, 02:18:35 pm »
Update on Aguero's season ending injury, he could be back for the Manc derby 7th December.  ::)

They won't even need him for that particular fixture, City will win it at a canter.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36087 on: November 25, 2019, 03:06:23 pm »
De Bruyne is the key one for them. He is dragging their side forward at the moment and has the strength and ability to win them the tough matches they have coming up. Hopefully he breaks down some point soon.

I agree with that. His final ball is just ridiculous. I know he missed a lot last season and they still did well, but this season they look a little more vulnerable and it would only add to that.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36088 on: November 25, 2019, 03:10:47 pm »
I agree with that. His final ball is just ridiculous. I know he missed a lot last season and they still did well, but this season they look a little more vulnerable and it would only add to that.

Van Dijk, Alisson and De Bruyne are the best players in the Premier League, irregardless of position. I actually think he has been underrated this season but he is a special player.

Mane, Sterling, Salah, Silva, Kante etc. are all amazing players but those three cannot be surpassed.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36089 on: November 25, 2019, 03:14:33 pm »
Van Dijk, Alisson and De Bruyne are the best players in the Premier League, irregardless of position. I actually think he has been underrated this season.

Can't argue with that. For me he's been their best player this season, I know most would say Sterling or Aguero, but I've lost count of the amount of goals he puts on a plate. City need rock solid belief, and to be fair to them they have, but remove an genius at assists and a shaking defense, doubt's creep in, and once that happens......

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36090 on: November 25, 2019, 03:26:49 pm »
Can't argue with that. For me he's been their best player this season, I know most would say Sterling or Aguero, but I've lost count of the amount of goals he puts on a plate. City need rock solid belief, and to be fair to them they have, but remove an genius at assists and a shaking defense, doubt's creep in, and once that happens......

Sterling without a supply line really is not much of a threat. In fact, his performance at Anfield is the most effective I've ever seen him in terms of actually trying to create things himself.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36091 on: November 25, 2019, 03:45:17 pm »

Agree with this, but then I couldn't see them losing 2 of the 3 that they have done.
I'll feel happier when their maximum is down below our 97 last season.

If we can get to the "winter break" still in good shape, I'll feel a bit better.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36092 on: November 25, 2019, 04:20:54 pm »
Fuck what City can do - we've taken 37 out of 39 pts, do that again over the next 25 games and we will end up on around 108pts, let them c*nts worry about us
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36093 on: November 25, 2019, 04:46:51 pm »
Fuck what City can do - we've taken 37 out of 39 pts, do that again over the next 25 games and we will end up on around 108pts, let them c*nts worry about us

Heard a stat yesterday that blew my mind. We have take 132 points from I think it was 153 available. Something along them lines, I could be a couple out but it was 130 odd from 150 odd. That's frightening to say the least

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #36094 on: November 25, 2019, 04:50:47 pm »

They're either going to match that ridiculous run from February onwards where they won every game or absolutely fall apart (by their standards) and lose a couple more. Which definitely won't be winning them the title this season. There's just something about them this season, and I can't quite out my finger on it, that isn't the same about them. Whether it's Pep's tactics, injuries, finding it hard to sustain that type of momentum for a third season running, or something else - but it's definitely there. I don't think they're even as good as last season.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36095 on: November 25, 2019, 04:56:53 pm »
They're either going to match that ridiculous run from February onwards where they won every game or absolutely fall apart (by their standards) and lose a couple more. Which definitely won't be winning them the title this season. There's just something about them this season, and I can't quite out my finger on it, that isn't the same about them. Whether it's Pep's tactics, injuries, finding it hard to sustain that type of momentum for a third season running, or something else - but it's definitely there. I don't think they're even as good as last season.

Rodri isn't as good as Fernandinho, Sane is a miss for them, as is Laporte and Kompany. On top of that, winning 3 titles in a row is extremely difficult, winning 2 in a row is a challenge [and only the other Mancs did it in over 10 years], let alone 3.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36096 on: November 25, 2019, 04:59:28 pm »
is he badly injured? took him about  an hour to walk off on saturday, i know time wasting comes into it but fucking hell, me 82 year old auld lad walks faster when hes pissed

Took 2 minutes to walk off apparently.

Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #36097 on: November 25, 2019, 05:00:22 pm »
Agree. They can put a run together like last season, but I can't see it. There's something there that is most likely going to make them chase us. It prevents them from pushing that extra little inch .. and those are the finer qualities that determine tight races like these.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36098 on: November 25, 2019, 05:04:23 pm »

Someone said on here few weeks ago that they can't watch that without imaging him saying the last one is a very high pitched voice, every time I see it now I do the same its class

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #36099 on: November 25, 2019, 05:06:34 pm »

thanks for that gif again

its bloody glorious
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36100 on: November 25, 2019, 05:09:36 pm »
Someone said on here few weeks ago that they can't watch that without imaging him saying the last one is a very high pitched voice, every time I see it now I do the same its class

If you've not seen this before, have a listen ;D

https://twitter.com/jordang2310/status/1193977925676290054?fbclid=IwAR3q1cEd9yJJV-xPK2G1CbQxfd_NvSorSl6oE2tWZc8eiU80SCHFALg8lJQ
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36101 on: November 25, 2019, 05:13:53 pm »

I think that the injuries are in part due to the style of play, just watch them without the ball lot's of short sprints to close opponents down, watch them with the ball and players making spirits into space all very high intensity stuff. To me its a bit like doing hundreds of fast shuttle runs, sprinting and changes of direction, it catches up with you eventually. I think Liverpool used to play with that sort of intensity about three years ago and go balls out in every game blitzing opponents and it cost us in terms injuries and tiredness. I think we play with more control now and we did ok last season plus we have a better squad now and Klopp does try and rotate. I still think you see some of our players get tired during games due to the intensity and you can get unlucky with an injury e.g. Salah, Alisson.   
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36102 on: November 25, 2019, 05:20:52 pm »
Heard a stat yesterday that blew my mind. We have take 132 points from I think it was 153 available. Something along them lines, I could be a couple out but it was 130 odd from 150 odd. That's frightening to say the least

It is a ridiculous run of form and there is absolutely no reason why we won't keep it up.

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36103 on: November 25, 2019, 05:57:27 pm »
It’s 134 points from 153 available (51 games) - 97 last season, and 37 this season.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36104 on: November 25, 2019, 06:05:02 pm »
Rodri isn't as good as Fernandinho, Sane is a miss for them, as is Laporte and Kompany. On top of that, winning 3 titles in a row is extremely difficult, winning 2 in a row is a challenge [and only the other Mancs did it in over 10 years], let alone 3.
So the inventor of football and greatest manager in the history of managers (I include every manager of every type, carpet showroom, bingo Hall etc) and assembler of the most expensive sports team i  the history of sport can't coach his team to victory after losing a couple of players from his star studded squad of international players costing about £1bn?, fuck sake, next thing you'll saying is that he's some sort of chequebook fraud or something!

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #36105 on: November 25, 2019, 06:34:41 pm »
Van Dijk, Alisson and De Bruyne are the best players in the Premier League, irregardless of position. I actually think he has been underrated this season but he is a special player.

Mane, Sterling, Salah, Silva, Kante etc. are all amazing players but those three cannot be surpassed.

Seriously, Mane is the best player on the planet right now, never mind the best in the PL. 
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36106 on: November 25, 2019, 07:10:01 pm »
Didn't they win 20 of their last 21 games last season despite showing periods of frailty prior to that? Under no circumstances should they be underestimated. They are more than capable of going on a serious run and you can be assured they'll splash big in January on a centre half, if required.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36107 on: November 25, 2019, 07:13:43 pm »
Didn't they win 20 of their last 21 games last season despite showing periods of frailty prior to that? Under no circumstances should they be underestimated. They are more than capable of going on a serious run and you can be assured they'll splash big in January on a centre half, if required.

They did, however they also didn't have Laporte,Kompany and Sane missing.

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #36108 on: November 25, 2019, 07:28:56 pm »

But who would they buy? I think they have reached their foreign player quota, if I remember correctly. Which homegrown CB realistically helps them? Or who will they sell to make room?   

City is in a really tough spot to improve from here and go on a crazy run. A good run is certainly possible, but not like the last two seasons.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 07:35:02 pm by wemmick »

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36109 on: November 25, 2019, 07:34:06 pm »

I don't think this will ever stop being funny.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36110 on: November 25, 2019, 10:22:47 pm »
I don't think this will ever stop being funny.
Happens when you mistake your MerseyBus app with your Google Maps and your Grinder. Before you know it you've missed your appointment and given a bad review to a bad person. Can happen to anyone, particularly if your hipster jeans off ebay are a bit too high in the groin.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36111 on: November 25, 2019, 10:36:49 pm »
But who would they buy? I think they have reached their foreign player quota, if I remember correctly. Which homegrown CB realistically helps them? Or who will they sell to make room?   

City is in a really tough spot to improve from here and go on a crazy run. A good run is certainly possible, but not like the last two seasons.
Wouldn't be shocked if they signed Nathan Ake. Or alternatively are shopping Ottamendi around again right now, and would take a lot less for him than in the summer.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #36112 on: November 25, 2019, 10:49:57 pm »
Seriously, Mane is the best player on the planet right now, never mind the best in the PL. 

100%
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36113 on: November 26, 2019, 12:17:02 am »
Wouldn't be shocked if they signed Nathan Ake. Or alternatively are shopping Ottamendi around again right now, and would take a lot less for him than in the summer.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them blow about £100 million on Koulibaly and then another £20-30 million to balance out their homegrown players.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #36114 on: November 26, 2019, 12:34:43 am »

A high pitched voice you say?

https://twitter.com/jordang2310/status/1193977925676290054
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline coutinho and firmino

• Main Stander
« Reply #36115 on: November 26, 2019, 01:25:29 am »
I am looking at that Burnley game next week as one where they could potentially draw.

Offline Phatz

• Clean and serene... Yeah right...RAWK's Resident Pet Shop Boy?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Not being funny right, but...
« Reply #36116 on: November 26, 2019, 07:22:49 am »

That's some schexy football.
'Nuff said...

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #36117 on: November 26, 2019, 07:29:34 am »
There’s an issue building about Pep and Arteta.  Arteta nearly got the Arsenal job before Emery, is ambitious and is being linked to possible openings at Arsenal and Everton, both former clubs.  Pep has 18 months of his contract left and wants Arteta to see out the season. Arteta has been viewed as a possible successor to Pep. Manchester City face making a decision earlier than they might have intended.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #36118 on: November 26, 2019, 08:48:30 am »
There’s an issue building about Pep and Arteta.  Arteta nearly got the Arsenal job before Emery, is ambitious and is being linked to possible openings at Arsenal and Everton, both former clubs.  Pep has 18 months of his contract left and wants Arteta to see out the season. Arteta has been viewed as a possible successor to Pep. Manchester City face making a decision earlier than they might have intended.
van bronckhorst is one rumour i heard to be next city manager.
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan