Author Topic: New HD LFCTV - £7 a month on Sky  (Read 31093 times)

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
Re: New HD LFCTV - £7 a month on Sky
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2014, 11:24:06 am »
Why are you talking about this in a thread about LFCTV?

£7 a month is ridiculous unless they were gonna show the 3pm kick offs or something which obviously they're not.

Because somebody said we couldn't attract top players?
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline sturridginho

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2014, 11:24:28 am »
I didn't realise people were watching this for free. I have been paying a monthly subscription for over 18 months now to watch this online

Offline proudred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2014, 11:25:41 am »
£7 a month no thank you.

Offline peelyon

• strangefruit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2014, 11:27:59 am »
Would be interested how many people sign - up the general concensus here doesnt look good for the club.  Can't see anyone wanting to pay £7

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2014, 11:28:14 am »
The youth games is their biggest attraction, but I'm not paying £7 for those a month. Not a chance.

Is it a definite that it's HD only ?
They've not just added it as an option to SD ?
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2014, 11:29:25 am »
Would be interested how many people sign - up the general concensus here doesnt look good for the club.  Can't see anyone wanting to pay £7

you'll get at least 2000 folk sign up purely for the free sky remote and cancel after a month

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2014, 11:29:30 am »

There's always going to be a fair amount queueing up to be milked by the club no matter what, but yeah this is going down like a lead balloon here and on twitter
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline kb2x

• Kopite
  • The Mystery Continues....
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2014, 11:49:29 am »
Are you tied in for any period at all? as a free LFC sky remote for £7.00 would be of great interest!

Offline bobbyjames

• Anny Roader
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2014, 11:52:18 am »
Out of interest, how much do Utd and Chelsea charge for their channels? I know the Utd one is in HD. £7 is too steep for me with the programs they can offer.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2014, 11:54:45 am »
Is it a definite that it's HD only ?
They've not just added it as an option to SD ?

No chance will they be keeping one for free and the other for £7, it just wouldn't get the take up imo.

If they are then happy days.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2014, 11:55:37 am »
Out of interest, how much do Utd and Chelsea charge for their channels? I know the Utd one is in HD. £7 is too steep for me with the programs they can offer.

£6 each.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2014, 12:28:36 pm »
£7 is outrageous! If 5000 sign up that'll be £420k a year.  That's nothing but I doubt 5000 will sign up particularly as you can't watch first team matches live.  At £5 they may get 8000 to bring in £480k a year.

Apparently MUTV has up to 100000 subscribers but I don't know if that includes an online offering and how many of those subscribers are in Asia.  You can be pretty sure that most of them won't be paying £6 a month and that that fee is only for UK subscribers.  I'm sure it'd be a hell of a lot cheaper in parts of Asia.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2014, 12:32:21 pm »
£7 a month? Fuck off.

Seem to remember that the channel made a £2m profit in it's 1st year? (when a lot of people said a club tv channel couldn't make money) - and fair play to them for that.

Since then the channel has more tv adverts - not just club sponsored ads as it did in the first year - the club have more experience in producing content and are probably more cost-efficient then they were at the start through experience - and as the content hasn't changed too much since it's start-up I imagine they'd be making profits since then too? (Does the tv channel figure in the club accounts still?)

(let along the actual channel itself being an advert for the club - and also heavily promoting LFC merchandise on the online store etc)

Really don't think the ltv channel requires a paid subscription (you already require a Virgin XL subscription or Sky viewing card (£20?) or LFCtv GO subscription? to watch it) - and would be interesting to find out just how much it would cost the club to bring the picture quality up to the standard of many of the other cable/sat channels broadcasting... and put that against the profit it already makes.

Be interesting to see just what the club deem 'HD' actually is and broadcast in, in relation to other HD channels?

£7 a month to see game we've already seen for free on the channel (or paid to see at the game itself), to listen to that Steve guy do the voiceover for games he wasn't at pretending that he was, see a former manager dunking apples from a barrel, or listen to Darren from Thetford's views?

Like a few others have said it's really only worth watching the youth games for - or to watch back the 1st team's last game again - but for £7 a month fuck off.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2014, 12:33:02 pm »
£7!  :lmao

No thanks the only good things were the youth games and Press Box show.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2014, 12:34:22 pm »
£7 is outrageous! If 5000 sign up that'll be £420k a year.  That's nothing but I doubt 5000 will sign up particularly as you can't watch first team matches live.  At £5 they may get 8000 to bring in £480k a year.

Apparently MUTV has up to 100000 subscribers but I don't know if that includes an online offering and how many of those subscribers are in Asia.  You can be pretty sure that most of them won't be paying £6 a month and that that fee is only for UK subscribers.  I'm sure it'd be a hell of a lot cheaper in parts of Asia.

The 100k are said to be UK viewers, at £6 a month that's £7.2m a year. Even if we only get half that amount at £7 a month that's £4.2m.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2014, 12:36:58 pm »
This has gone down well hasn't it? I'll miss the bad commentary, dodgy haircut's etc...

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2014, 12:37:20 pm »
£7 a month? Fuck off.

Seem to remember that the channel made a £2m profit in it's 1st year? (when a lot of people said a club tv channel couldn't make money) - and fair play to them for that.

Wasn't the channel a subscription channel in it's first year or two? Then went for free once Setanta (or whoever it was that sold it) went tits up?

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2014, 12:38:21 pm »
wonder how this affects Virgin Media customers? I get LFCTV for 'free' as part of the XL tv package
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2014, 12:40:44 pm »
This was always going to happen eventually.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2014, 12:44:12 pm »
with no live games this is a big no from me.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2014, 12:44:59 pm »
wonder how this affects Virgin Media customers? I get LFCTV for 'free' as part of the XL tv package
If VM can chuck BT Sport into the XL package at no extra cost I'll be surprised if the same doesn't happen with LFCTV. Or that's what I'm hoping anyway.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2014, 12:50:03 pm »

No mention on Virgin so far - or if it'd be available on freeview as a pay channel etc - and only a little mention about LFCtvGO (which they've plugged heavily for a while now).

The FAQ section is here - but only mentions Sky - http://help.liverpoolfc.tv/app/answers/list/p/832

Best email or twitter the club for a response mate - don't hold your breath though - communicating changes to fans customers isn't their strongpoint;)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 12:51:52 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2014, 12:50:59 pm »
If VM can chuck BT Sport into the XL package at no extra cost I'll be surprised if the same doesn't happen with LFCTV. Or that's what I'm hoping anyway.

How does it deal with MUTV and Chelsea TV? As presume it'll get the same treatment, so if they are extras and not included then so will LFC TV.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2014, 12:55:42 pm »
Wasn't the channel a subscription channel in it's first year or two? Then went for free once Setanta (or whoever it was that sold it) went tits up?

Just checked and for the first 2 years it was part of Setanta (Sept 07 to June 09), this was £15 a month and the club got a cut of that.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2014, 12:55:46 pm »
Is LFCTV available in any Sky bundles?

LFCTV is available as an a-la-carte channel and can be subscribed to as a standalone channel. LFCTV is not included as part of any Sky bundles.
However, to view LFCTV in HD you will also need Sky's Family Bundle.

I'm not a Sky customer, how can I access LFCTV?

Subscribe to Sky today if you live in the UK or Ireland. For more information in the UK, call 08442 414 901. Republic of Ireland, call 0818 904 091.
Or access content from the channel via the club's video on-demand service LFCTVGO

http://help.liverpoolfc.tv/app/answers/list/p/832

Offline Tsar Kastik

• Would welcome a premature one, apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2014, 12:57:18 pm »
The 24 hour availability will be a big draw to a large slice of the world. I got shot a few weeks ago - fed up with the upgrade messages - but no way going back. Will miss Clare R but not sycophant  Steve H.
Plenty well, no pray; big bellyache, heap God

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2014, 01:03:55 pm »

Think it was 'free' when you paid for the Setanta channels 'package' back then (around £12-15 a month? - also got erm... Arsenal, Celtic and Rangers TV channels too along with that).

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2014, 01:06:52 pm »
Think it was 'free' when you paid for the Setanta channels 'package' back then (around £12-15 a month? - also got erm... Arsenal, Celtic and Rangers TV channels too along with that).

It wasn't really free then, it was just part of a package which came with some other channels. Effectively the club was receiving some sort of subscription for airing it, rather than nothing for it being free-to-air which they've been doing since 2009.

Not sure if that is what made it profitable in that first year, and no idea how it's done on it's own over the previous 5 years (I'd guess it's been worth while to some degree or probably would of stopped it long ago).

Personally won't be paying £7 a month though, think it's ridiculous for what you get, and even as someone who enjoys watching the youth games I don't think it's value for money.

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2014, 01:07:55 pm »
The 24 hour availability will be a big draw to a large slice of the world. I got shot a few weeks ago - fed up with the upgrade messages - but no way going back. Will miss Clare R but not sycophant  Steve H.

The cynic in me suggests that it'll more or less be the same content on a an 8 hour cycle - repeated twice further to make it 24 hours - which would appeal to the different time zones around the world - if it indeed broadcast as a 24-hour channel around the world?

We'll see come the 4th/5th November.

You'd have thought the channel may have been free for a month at first to show off any changes or improvements to the channel to try and persuade people to pay £7 a month for it?

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2014, 01:09:22 pm »
It wasn't really free then, it was just part of a package which came with some other channels. Effectively the club was receiving some sort of subscription for airing it, rather than nothing for it being free-to-air which they've been doing since 2009.

Not sure if that is what made it profitable in that first year, and no idea how it's done on it's own over the previous 5 years (I'd guess it's been worth while to some degree or probably would of stopped it long ago).

Personally won't be paying £7 a month though, think it's ridiculous for what you get, and even as someone who enjoys watching the youth games I don't think it's value for money.

It must be bad if you're disagreeing with the club :P ;)

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2014, 01:10:33 pm »
The 100k are said to be UK viewers, at £6 a month that's £7.2m a year..

A Bebe each year?!
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2014, 01:11:55 pm »
I bet Darren from Thetford has signed up already.

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2014, 01:13:04 pm »
No thanks

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2014, 01:13:24 pm »
http://www.theredmentv.com/

Less than £2 per month  :thumbup

Picked up the Football Blogging Award for Best Video Blog last year, and in the running again this...

Two hours of weekly subscriber content comprising the 'Final Word', 'Reds News Round-Up', and 'Friday Football Show'.

Plus loads of free content including Build-Up to every match, reactions outside Anfield for home matches, and ~an hour of live studio build-up, half-time, and post-match reaction for away matches (often including celebratory scenes!).

Plus you can get in touch and tell the lads what you like/don't like, or what you'd like to see added :wave

http://www.theredmentv.com/why_join

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2014, 01:15:20 pm »
You get a free LFC branded remote control with it?

I'm in.

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2014, 01:16:32 pm »
Do they pay  the £7 a month straight into your bank account or knock it off your phone bill when waiting for tickets 8)

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2014, 01:17:05 pm »
You get a free LFC branded remote control with it?

I'm in.

Look at this bad boy

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2014, 01:20:02 pm »
Definitely wouldn't pay 7 quid a month for what the channel has been producing so far. I'll give this a go if they offer a free trial. I would be willing to pay that for a decent channel, it has been complete rubbish though. Forking out for a decent commentator would make a big difference I think

Offline flinner

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2014, 01:20:51 pm »
Pity they didn't show live matches away from Sky we'd be loaded with no need for Oil Barons or Sheiks.
"We've created an environment where a complete moron can not only survive, but thrive."

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2014, 01:21:00 pm »
Look at this bad boy

Does the 3d  telly and sky box come with it ?  :D

I must admit, I'm tempted to get the remote and fuck it off after a month.

My luck I'll subscribe and the remotes will be OOS.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.