Author Topic: 2014-15 Loan Watch  (Read 167757 times)

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: 2014-15 Loan Watch
« Reply #840 on: May 26, 2015, 05:52:24 am »
what type of striker Origi is anyway? 442, 4231,433?

i've got a feeling that he'd be better if he plays with a partner rather than as lone striker
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #841 on: May 26, 2015, 09:15:31 am »

what type of striker Origi is anyway? 442, 4231,433?

i've got a feeling that he'd be better if he plays with a partner rather than as lone striker

I think a Henry type winger/striker is how I would try and mould him, except from the right side.

That's not a comparison in terms of ability but more the role I see as best suited.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #842 on: May 26, 2015, 10:09:06 am »
It's why they're called the gutter press.

If the lad wasn't coming here he wouldn't even be close.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline pjshaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #843 on: May 26, 2015, 11:01:22 am »
I can see Origi being played all over the park next season. He's not a clinical striker (yet) so he will be played right wing, left wing, right wing back, left wing back, attacking mid, through the center as a false 9.5, and at the end of next season, we will still be discussing 'What is Origi's best position?'. 
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 11:05:17 am by pjshaun »

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #844 on: May 26, 2015, 11:03:03 am »
I can see Origi being played all over the park next season. He's not a clinical striker (yet) so he will be played right wing, left wing, attacking mid, through the center as a false 9.5, and at the end of next season, we will still be discussing 'What is Origi's best position?'.
You forgot wingback

Offline pjshaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #845 on: May 26, 2015, 11:05:37 am »
You forgot wingback
My bad. Edited my post accordingly. Thanks.  :D

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #846 on: May 26, 2015, 03:29:32 pm »
My bad. Edited my post accordingly. Thanks.  :D
And a false-messi.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #847 on: May 26, 2015, 07:59:16 pm »
We've gotta be keeping one of Llori or Coates, right?

Letting both of them go would be utter madness

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #848 on: May 29, 2015, 01:52:46 pm »
We've gotta be keeping one of Llori or Coates, right?

Letting both of them go would be utter madness

Reckon Ilori will stay and Coates will be sold. I like Coates, think he can do well here but i think his future here has been decided already, Ilori i haven't seen too much of, but from what i have seen he looks a good player.

Offline incredibleL4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #849 on: May 29, 2015, 02:10:32 pm »
Reckon Ilori will stay and Coates will be sold. I like Coates, think he can do well here but i think his future here has been decided already, Ilori i haven't seen too much of, but from what i have seen he looks a good player.

Coates played a big part in Sunderland's surviving.  This is from the IBTimes  "Coates had a difficult start to life under manager Gus Poyet at the Stadium of Light but has now become a pivotal player for Sunderland with Dick Advocaat in charge.

The Liverpool loanee has started the last five Premier League games of the campaign, leading the backline to keep clean sheets in the last three games, against Everton, Leicester City and Arsenal."

Like all young players the role of the manager is vital in getting the best from them.  (Experienced players can fit in easier).
I would like him to stay too, but I dont think Rodgers rates him.  If we are going to 2 centre backs then it will be Skrtel and Sahko, backed up by Toure and Lovern.

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #850 on: May 29, 2015, 06:42:26 pm »
I would like to see Coates given a chance. He couldn't do any worse than Lovren.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #851 on: May 29, 2015, 07:12:52 pm »
I would like to see Coates given a chance. He couldn't do any worse than Lovren.
Hes a tidy defender, and has all the attributes to be a good CB. Hes a full international too.
Seen us win everything

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #852 on: May 29, 2015, 07:20:13 pm »
Anyone know for sure what's happening with Yesil and Fenerbahce, is he signing on loan, permanently or is he just on holiday in Turkey, no one seems to know!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline LFCsupporter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #853 on: May 29, 2015, 07:34:16 pm »
Is Alberto going on another loan, anyone know?

Offline MrBoywunder

• Kopite
  • They say our days are numbered...
« Reply #854 on: May 30, 2015, 02:08:52 am »
Is Alberto going on another loan, anyone know?

Malaga supposedly looking to cut his 2-year loan short this summer. Struggled badly last season, only started 6 La Liga games.

Echo say he'll be one who's sold this summer.

Offline MrBoywunder

• Kopite
  • They say our days are numbered...
« Reply #855 on: May 30, 2015, 02:11:58 am »
I think Coates isn't good enough for us to be honest. He's a decent back up but he's not a player you can throw in and expect to perform, needs a run of games.

He also excels in a deep defensive line, with a lot of midfield protection, which we don't play at all. He'd make a great signing for one of the bottom 10 teams in the league.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 02:21:52 am by MrBoywunder »

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #856 on: May 30, 2015, 03:51:38 am »
I think Coates isn't good enough for us to be honest. He's a decent back up but he's not a player you can throw in and expect to perform, needs a run of games.

He also excels in a deep defensive line, with a lot of midfield protection, which we don't play at all. He'd make a great signing for one of the bottom 10 teams in the league.
We did play a deep defensive line this season though. We bought Lovren and Moreno because they are well suited to playing a high defensive line and then had them playing the exact opposite here. Lovren is by far a better defender than Coates but a fully fit Coates would've done better for us this season. Not least because he is extraordinarily composed in possesion.

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #857 on: May 30, 2015, 12:17:35 pm »
Coates being composed is one of the biggest myths on rawk. He just boots everything. His stats for 'clearances' must be astronomical.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #858 on: May 30, 2015, 01:41:10 pm »
Just seen that Ilori has only played 21 games in the last two seasons (source: who scores): 12 for Bordeaux and 9 for Granada. At least the trend is upwards, but that's not a lot of football.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #859 on: May 30, 2015, 10:10:22 pm »
Just seen that Ilori has only played 21 games in the last two seasons (source: who scores): 12 for Bordeaux and 9 for Granada. At least the trend is upwards, but that's not a lot of football.

He was only at Granada for a few months don't forget, he went there at the end of January.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #860 on: May 30, 2015, 10:40:57 pm »

Actually it is 24 :)

But yeah half season loan first, and then injured at both clubs big part of the season. Think he has at least played most games since end of January till the end of the season for Bordeaux.

Offline Le_Mot_Juste

• Pity that it is hidden in thousands of considerably less merit.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fully endorse my custom title
« Reply #861 on: May 31, 2015, 03:52:03 am »
Super humble request, like...But I don't suppose someone who has an interest in data gathering and composing informative posts (certainly not i) could provide a summary of all our loaned out players from this season. Appearances/Goals/Assists etc and a brief summary of how they've done overall?

If so, ta

To choose dogma and faith over doubt and experience is to throw out the ripening vintage and to reach greedily for the kool-aid.
- Hitch

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #862 on: May 31, 2015, 04:41:06 am »
Coates being composed is one of the biggest myths on rawk. He just boots everything. His stats for 'clearances' must be astronomical.
Why don't you clear the "myth" and post his "stats for clearances"?

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #863 on: May 31, 2015, 04:58:52 am »
Coates played like dog turd for many matches for Sunderland apart from the last 5.....people on here have very very short memories it seems.

Then again he only played 13 games, however he makes Daniel anger look like terminator it seems.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 05:01:26 am by stevensr123 »
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #864 on: May 31, 2015, 02:12:37 pm »
Super humble request, like...But I don't suppose someone who has an interest in data gathering and composing informative posts (certainly not i) could provide a summary of all our loaned out players from this season. Appearances/Goals/Assists etc and a brief summary of how they've done overall?

If so, ta

Use this.. very easy to use

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix

Offline Le_Mot_Juste

• Pity that it is hidden in thousands of considerably less merit.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fully endorse my custom title
« Reply #865 on: May 31, 2015, 04:17:34 pm »
@ Ritari & Caston - thanks a lot lads. Appreciate it.
To choose dogma and faith over doubt and experience is to throw out the ripening vintage and to reach greedily for the kool-aid.
- Hitch

Offline ryatnalkar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #866 on: May 31, 2015, 04:34:55 pm »
Read in some interview that Aspas himself said that his loan was with a confirmed purchase at the end of the season and he expects the deal to go through once season ends. Does anyone know how much we will be paid for that deal? Can't be less than 5M surely he seemed to have done very well there...

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #867 on: May 31, 2015, 04:50:28 pm »
Read in some interview that Aspas himself said that his loan was with a confirmed purchase at the end of the season and he expects the deal to go through once season ends. Does anyone know how much we will be paid for that deal? Can't be less than 5M surely he seemed to have done very well there...
Two hattricks in a cup tie against a lower league team and one good game in the league, wouldn't exactly call that doing well. Has barely featured for them.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #868 on: May 31, 2015, 06:23:48 pm »

The price would've been agreed in advance so his performances there wouldn't make any difference.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #869 on: June 1, 2015, 06:00:47 pm »
Ilori included in the Portugal's Euro U21 squad. (Source: Andy Brassell)
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #870 on: June 2, 2015, 12:20:44 am »

If so, ta
There's been a couple of articles on thisisanfield.com recently summarising our loans that may be o interest.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #871 on: June 2, 2015, 02:34:32 am »
Coates played like dog turd for many matches for Sunderland apart from the last 5.....people on here have very very short memories it seems.

Then again he only played 13 games, however he makes Daniel anger look like terminator it seems.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #872 on: June 2, 2015, 07:12:56 am »

That is a damning indictment of our use of resources.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #873 on: June 2, 2015, 08:29:02 am »
i'd rather sell Lovren to Sunderland than Coates
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #874 on: June 2, 2015, 08:59:19 am »

It's a weird one with Coates. He must have been pretty awful for Poyet to be starting Vergini ahead of him, especially as Poyet signed him and would probably be looking to play his fellow Uruguayan. Although Coates obviously impressed Advocaat and had a good game on TV against Arsenal, he did only play about 5 games in that run at the end of the season, which isn't enough to judge.

He was already starting for Uruguay when we bought him and he scores overhead kicks. What's not to like?

Saying all that, pretty much anyone's stats will look good next to poor Lovren's.

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #875 on: June 2, 2015, 11:36:35 am »
It's a weird one with Coates. He must have been pretty awful for Poyet to be starting Vergini ahead of him, especially as Poyet signed him and would probably be looking to play his fellow Uruguayan. Although Coates obviously impressed Advocaat and had a good game on TV against Arsenal, he did only play about 5 games in that run at the end of the season, which isn't enough to judge.

He was already starting for Uruguay when we bought him and he scores overhead kicks. What's not to like?

Saying all that, pretty much anyone's stats will look good next to poor Lovren's.

He had a great game against City in 2012 deputising for Agger, but after the Oldham loss he disappeared like so many of our players under Brendan. I think he'd be a suitable deputy for Skrtel in the back 3. I think we should give him some games pre season.

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #876 on: June 2, 2015, 05:09:04 pm »
I would keep him for a season of domestic cup games, and as a backup. Hes a good defender i dont see why people slate him. He didnt look the real deal when he came to us just purely based on the fact that it was his first year in the premier league. The difference in pace between the uruguayan league and premier league is astronomical. He deserves a shot here.
Seen us win everything

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #877 on: June 2, 2015, 05:14:42 pm »
Can't use those stats really off so little game time IMO. Just feels like it's trying to further slam Lovren when we don't need those comparisons to see he's had a bad season

Shame he didn't play more though. Brown and Oshea are probably massive in the dressing room and maybe Coates injury of last year knocked him back a bit. It would be interesting to see him in the Skrtel position. Have a feeling he'd do well at somewhere like the Serie A.
« Last Edit: June 2, 2015, 05:33:13 pm by Bakez0151 »

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #878 on: June 2, 2015, 09:56:30 pm »

It's not weird at all, he was just recovering from a cruciate ligament tear. It takes time to get back to speed even after recovery. Walcott for example, tore his cruciate ligament in Jan 2014,  and has only just started looking like his old self again, even though he has been fully fit since December. Also, couldn't be less bothered with those stats, the way Sunderland sit deep, concede possession and defend, their defenders are bound to have better stats than most others.

Offline ryatnalkar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #879 on: June 23, 2015, 03:46:47 pm »
http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/06/liverpool-offer-new-contract-first-team-chance-tiago-ilori/

According to this link and a few others (none too legit) Ilori is offered a contract extension and is currently on 18k a week. I think this is a good decision. Even if he is been injured, he has had some stellar games in relatively weak sides vs some really strong forwards (Ronaldo, Messi and Zlatan?). He is quick, can play the ball out and it will be a matter of managing his next year and then at the very least I think he makes a good number 4 for 2-3 years at Pool. Low downside high upside to a new contract, I would say.

Oh, also the few links today say he cost closer to 4M pounds vs the 8M pounds that the media keep throwing out there. I also thought there was some interview where Brendan was quoted saying, I have heard about the prices being thrown around for Ilori were not true at all and we had paid much lower. I dont remember if he gave any numbers.