Author Topic: Not A Penny More  (Read 2845 times)

Offline Matt Rankin

• Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Bottom Feeder.
Not A Penny More
« on: July 8, 2010, 12:47:42 pm »
http://www.notapennymore.net

http://www.notapennymore.net/debt.html

Could not find this in a search, please delete if need be.

Liverpool Football Club is being run in to the ground by the present owners.

Off the pitch the club is at least £350M in debt (Latest confirmed figures: July 2009) and is likely to already be much higher in debt.

The club wastes £1 Million in interest every 9 days. Or £110,000 a day - or £4,500 per hour. Wasted. Not going on players. Not going on a new stadium.

The owners have not invested a single penny in to the club since they 'bought it for £220M' - instead they took out loans from the likes of the Royal Bank of Scotland and placed that debt on to Liverpool Football Club itself.

They say they want £800M for the club before they sell. This figure is ridiculous. It is also dangerous for Liverpool FC's future.

On the pitch Liverpool have not had a transfer budget for over 2 years. Not surprising when we have had to spend £110 Million on interest alone in 3 years.

We have tried marches, we have tried email campaigns, we have chanted at the stadium and we have produced banners. Two Americans asleep in their beds thousands of miles away do not care. Only Liverpool Fans have the power to ensure these two men are gone as quickly as possible.

The time has come to ensure that Hicks and Gillett leave Anfield as soon as possible.

The only way they will understand we are serious is if we stop giving them our money. These people only understand the value of money - and it is OUR money that is keeping them at Anfield.

Every time we buy a match ticket, use the official club store, visit the official website we are contributing to the owners wallets.

It's time for us to stand firm. It is time for DIRECT ACTION.

« Last Edit: July 8, 2010, 12:59:51 pm by Matt Rankin »
Time is a factor and EMPTY seats is the answer...

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: Not A Penny More
« Reply #1 on: July 8, 2010, 12:51:41 pm »
Pretty sure it's £170,000 a day now.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Matt Rankin

• Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Bottom Feeder.
« Reply #2 on: July 8, 2010, 12:59:22 pm »
Just found the ticker more alarming than anything, I think when people see the speed of it rising they might think harder
Time is a factor and EMPTY seats is the answer...

Offline BTGH

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3 on: July 8, 2010, 01:11:40 pm »
all the 'soft' actions have not worked so far, someone should just put a gun to their head and get them to sign on the dotted line to sell the club.  or the alternative would be to use the gun  :P

Offline kopilot

• Kopite
  • far east
« Reply #4 on: July 8, 2010, 01:22:48 pm »
would be great if this: http://www.notapennymore.net/debt.htmlmade available  as a widget for our PC/Mac.

Offline the jesus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5 on: July 8, 2010, 01:49:31 pm »
Like that packs a punch and the Q&A section showed a level of reasoned debate that would make it hard to object to.
"We just stand beside each other, and help each other. And we make sure that what we’re doing, we’re doing correctly"- Kenny

“When you’re lost in a fog you must stick together. Then you don’t get lost. If there’s one secret to Liverpool, that’s it.” - Bob

Offline Rossie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: July 8, 2010, 01:56:31 pm »
Just found the ticker more alarming than anything, I think when people see the speed of it rising they might think harder
Shocking that, that's pounds coming out of our pockets.  Think if you were taking that out of your pocket and throwing it into a large hole in the ground.  That's effectively what's happening here.
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."  Rafa Benitez, 01/Nov/'10.

Offline i_wun_bite

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: July 8, 2010, 02:14:48 pm »
how can any stupid bank continue to let loan go on... or even made the loan in the first place. it's just plain stupid

Offline TommySmithsLiver

• We suspect a liver transplant
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: July 8, 2010, 02:38:20 pm »
http://www.notapennymore.net

Could not find this in a search, please delete if need be.

Liverpool Football Club is being run in to the ground by the present owners.

Off the pitch the club is at least £350M in debt (Latest confirmed figures: July 2009) and is likely to already be much higher in debt.

The club wastes £1 Million in interest every 9 days. Or £110,000 a day - or £4,500 per hour. Wasted. Not going on players. Not going on a new stadium.

The owners have not invested a single penny in to the club since they 'bought it for £220M' - instead they took out loans from the likes of the Royal Bank of Scotland and placed that debt on to Liverpool Football Club itself.

They say they want £800M for the club before they sell. This figure is ridiculous. It is also dangerous for Liverpool FC's future.

On the pitch Liverpool have not had a transfer budget for over 2 years. Not surprising when we have had to spend £110 Million on interest alone in 3 years.

We have tried marches, we have tried email campaigns, we have chanted at the stadium and we have produced banners. Two Americans asleep in their beds thousands of miles away do not care. Only Liverpool Fans have the power to ensure these two men are gone as quickly as possible.

The time has come to ensure that Hicks and Gillett leave Anfield as soon as possible.

The only way they will understand we are serious is if we stop giving them our money. These people only understand the value of money - and it is OUR money that is keeping them at Anfield.

Every time we buy a match ticket, use the official club store, visit the official website we are contributing to the owners wallets.

It's time for us to stand firm. It is time for DIRECT ACTION.

Only way to deal with them.  Fantastic post and straight to the point. The only way to deal with asset stippers such as these is to make their assets worth much less and a reduction in the paying fanbase is the only way we can do this.  It may hurt some but try to think of it as the chemo that cures the cancer.

Offline mccred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: July 8, 2010, 05:27:03 pm »
Agree that an all out boycott would be the quickest way of getting those two c*nts out, but I can fully understand why someone with a season ticket wouldn't give it up now. They wouldn't be getting it back for along time.
Personally I'm on the fence still, just a member so not renewing ain't no hardship,once the pricks sell up, I can sign back up. But get the feeling that if I don't go the Arsenal game, the attendance figure won't be one less, just means someone else will have my day out?
But as I say,I'm on the fence still. Not sure my conscience will let me continue giving them £38 every other week. Going the match has been the highlight of my week for nearly 30 years and those two thieves have succeeded in sucking just about every last drop of joy out of it.   
Don't Ever,Ever Buy The S*n. Fucking Tory Scum.

FUCK OFF PUTIN!

Offline James Mac

• Sabu Pundit's PR
  • Legacy Fan
  • Return of the Mac
« Reply #10 on: July 8, 2010, 06:22:14 pm »
Absolutely ridiculous. In less than a minute the equivalent of a days pay for me is spent on interest. In 15 seconds the equivalent of a night out is spent on interest. We need more tangibles!

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #11 on: July 8, 2010, 06:24:38 pm »
That ticker is shocking. We all have a sense of the gravity of the situation we are currently in but seeing it like that is just jaw dropping.

Wake up people and wake up now. YANKS OUT!
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Benthead

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Justice
« Reply #12 on: July 8, 2010, 06:40:09 pm »
Pledged. 

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #13 on: July 8, 2010, 06:47:46 pm »
Worth getting on this www.facebook.com/notapennymore and getting your friends to join.

Offline Benthead

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Justice

Offline JD77

• Main Stander
    • LFC Reds
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2010, 04:09:44 pm »
Hope everybody's watching it, not long now till it goes through another million pound barrier....

The champagne is on ice in RBS headquarters as we speak.