Author Topic: The Walking Dead (Video game)  (Read 16924 times)

Offline Flash6289

• Legacy Fan
  • €6
Re: The Walking Dead (Video game)
« Reply #200 on: May 17, 2014, 12:37:18 pm »
Is the second season just out for ps3?
Yes and 360 afaik
XBL: Flash6289

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: May 17, 2014, 01:05:28 pm »
Just finished episode 3, holy fucking shit.

Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: July 21, 2014, 09:56:56 pm »
Next episode out tommorow  ;D
You could open a door with him, he's such a knob.

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: July 23, 2014, 01:52:55 pm »
Next episode out tommorow  ;D

Cant wait to play it in the next days... I am trying to avoid every possible spoiler... Just saw that gametrailers gave it a 9.5 so I am really looking forward to it... Although I'll definitely hate some of the decisions I have to make

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: July 23, 2014, 07:01:39 pm »
Just finished it.... like, fuck man. Fuck.

Was left feeling a tad flat about Telltale finished Wolf Among Us, nice that they remedied that by punching me in the guts with 90 minutes of bleakness.

Offline Crazy Diamond

• Main Stander
« Reply #205 on: July 24, 2014, 02:34:20 am »
Spent the last 2 weeks playing all episodes (seasons 1 and 2). Having never watched the TV show, I must say that Telltale have done a great job in getting me hooked!

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: July 24, 2014, 08:25:57 pm »
Really great episode... Getting back on track like it was in the first season.. some tough decisions and a good story...

Cant wait for the next one, which is sadly the last of this season.

Really like Clementine more and more !!

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: August 23, 2014, 07:05:13 pm »
Season finale next week, August 26th/27th.

Neat little recap video of Clem's journey so far, spoilers, obviously.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jdmS0-vj22g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jdmS0-vj22g</a>

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: August 23, 2014, 07:37:47 pm »
can't wait, i've not played any of season 2 as i want to play it all at one time
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Crazy Diamond

• Main Stander
« Reply #209 on: August 24, 2014, 12:34:20 am »
Wasn't expecting the last episode to come out for another few weeks yet, so pleasantly surprised! Looking forward to it

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: August 26, 2014, 07:54:00 pm »
It's downloaded. Here we go...
You could open a door with him, he's such a knob.

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: August 28, 2014, 10:10:44 am »
Played it yesterday and here are my thoughts

Spoiler
I was surprised that everyone survived the shooting, as I expected to at least lose Mike and even maybe one of Kenny/Luke depending if you shot Rebecca yourself. But I was glad that everyone survived. I was surprised that Jane came back but it was obvious that she just cared for Luke and didnt fit into the group.

The rest of the story was good and I didnt expect Luke to die that way but it was a very realistic death. (I just read that Bonnie can die there too).

I was kind of disappointed that a) the group was constantly arguing and b) that Mike, Bonnie and Arvo tried to steal the car and all supplies leaving a baby to die. But in truth that is what would be very common in these circumstances.. That Arvo shot me pissed me off, don't think you can avoid it and as I was nice to him before I know wished we just left him in the woods to die.

Bonnie was kind of strange as well, she felt like very easy to convince and therefore I didnt care about her after being shot and thought that she was deserves to walk through the woods in the cold, same as Mike.

The arguing of Kenny and Jane was very frustrating as I felt I couldn't do what I would have done in that case. The fight between them was unavoidable but to me it was obvious that Alvin Jnr didnt die.

First I didnt know what to do. But since Jane abandoned me once and always acted selfishly before and I knew Kenny from the start I chose to do nothing and go with him. Although he is very choleric he at least cares.

The ending options were hard. It would be the rational thing to stay in the town especially with a baby but I think if it would have been Lee then Clem wouldn't have stayed and so I chose to go with Kenny too.

I read about the other options which all would leave enough interpretation for a third season. So I hope there will really be another one...

[close]

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #212 on: August 29, 2014, 01:13:24 am »
Why can't I find s2e5 on PS3

Offline Crazy Diamond

• Main Stander
« Reply #213 on: August 29, 2014, 02:09:10 am »
Why can't I find s2e5 on PS3

I couldn't find it at first either, as searching for it doesn't seem to work. If you go on to the PSN store then scroll down to games, then click on DLC it should be there. Worked for me, downloading it now.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: August 29, 2014, 02:09:14 am »
Spoiler

I thought it was a great finale. So many tough choices to make. I ended up shooting Kenny and leaving Jane and ended up alone. It was clear that Kenny was just beyond the point of return. Even though what Jane did was really shitty, the whole episode and that fight, I felt it showed that Kenny had lost the ability to anything but a hinderance to Clem. I just couldn't trust Jane either as I don't think she was in a good state mentally. Was too willing to run away from her troubles and felt she would just do the same any.

They have confirmed to be doing season 3 and I can only think it'll be done from a different perspective. I mean, the different endings to this game are VASTLY different.

- Kill Kenny and go with Jane. End up further south at the house potentially a family joining them.
- Kill Kenny and leave Jane and end up going alone with AJ.
- Kill Jane and shoot Kenny and go it alone.
- Kill Jane and go with Kenny but go in to Wellington without him.
- Kill Jane and go with Kenny but refuse entry to Wellington in return for staying with Kenny.

I mean, they're completely different scenarios that they'd have to develop for and find a way to intertwine in to one story. That's going to be hard going.

[close]

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #215 on: August 29, 2014, 12:58:04 pm »
I couldn't find it at first either, as searching for it doesn't seem to work. If you go on to the PSN store then scroll down to games, then click on DLC it should be there. Worked for me, downloading it now.

Found it, thank you!

Offline yslee

• Main Stander
« Reply #216 on: September 1, 2014, 05:14:38 pm »
Finished all 5 episodes of Season 2 in two sittings. Damn. What a game. Wondering how they're going to handle Season 3 now.

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: September 2, 2014, 12:38:24 pm »
Spoiler

I thought it was a great finale. So many tough choices to make. I ended up shooting Kenny and leaving Jane and ended up alone. It was clear that Kenny was just beyond the point of return. Even though what Jane did was really shitty, the whole episode and that fight, I felt it showed that Kenny had lost the ability to anything but a hinderance to Clem. I just couldn't trust Jane either as I don't think she was in a good state mentally. Was too willing to run away from her troubles and felt she would just do the same any.

They have confirmed to be doing season 3 and I can only think it'll be done from a different perspective. I mean, the different endings to this game are VASTLY different.

- Kill Kenny and go with Jane. End up further south at the house potentially a family joining them.
- Kill Kenny and leave Jane and end up going alone with AJ.
- Kill Jane and shoot Kenny and go it alone.
- Kill Jane and go with Kenny but go in to Wellington without him.
- Kill Jane and go with Kenny but refuse entry to Wellington in return for staying with Kenny.

I mean, they're completely different scenarios that they'd have to develop for and find a way to intertwine in to one story. That's going to be hard going.

[close]

Spoiler
I agree that Kenny may have gone insane, but I doubt I'd choose to shoot him (in real life, so to speak) because although he acts crazy at times, he listens to Clem and he only wants to protect her (which is obvious with his endings). I think if you worry that Kenny is insane, then your option might have been the best one. Jane is, as you already pointed out, not trustworthy at all and her life is more important to her than yours, which with Kenny is vice versa.

I think the third one will be about someone different.. Don't think it'll be AJ but would love it to be Clem swell.

I don't think it would be that hard to intertwine. They could start for example 5 years later and show a video depending on your choices but all end with you and AJ incl. Kenny/Jane being in Wellington.. And then for example there is an outbreak from within the town or something along those lines meaning they have to move somewhere else, as their are more secure towns in the US. Then you could let Jane/Kenny die, so that you, AJ (and some other, or not) can flee and then the gameplay starts... Something like that...

But I can't wait for the other games they have lined up
[close]

Offline yslee

• Main Stander
« Reply #218 on: September 2, 2014, 06:12:12 pm »
Spoiler
I agree that Kenny may have gone insane, but I doubt I'd choose to shoot him (in real life, so to speak) because although he acts crazy at times, he listens to Clem and he only wants to protect her (which is obvious with his endings). I think if you worry that Kenny is insane, then your option might have been the best one. Jane is, as you already pointed out, not trustworthy at all and her life is more important to her than yours, which with Kenny is vice versa.

I think the third one will be about someone different.. Don't think it'll be AJ but would love it to be Clem swell.

I don't think it would be that hard to intertwine. They could start for example 5 years later and show a video depending on your choices but all end with you and AJ incl. Kenny/Jane being in Wellington.. And then for example there is an outbreak from within the town or something along those lines meaning they have to move somewhere else, as their are more secure towns in the US. Then you could let Jane/Kenny die, so that you, AJ (and some other, or not) can flee and then the gameplay starts... Something like that...

But I can't wait for the other games they have lined up
[close]

Spoiler
I shot Kenny, because he seemed deranged then and well, it did feel like the right thing to do. I had Clem tell Jane to go fuck herself after that though. Clem doing the solo walk through the walkers is absolutely badass, I must say.

Still not sure if they're going to give it that big a time-skip, but we'll see. I just hope Clem is still the main character; somehow it feels like this might be the end of her story. :(
[close]

Also, yes, I can't wait for all the other Telltale Games games! I'm especially looking forward to Tales from the Borderlands.

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: September 2, 2014, 08:22:26 pm »
Spoiler
I ended up shooting Kenny as I'd had enough of his crazy antics, and going with Jane, mostly because I didn't think Clem was capable of looking after AJ by herself, and could learn a thing or two from Jane before parting ways. Fascinated to see how and where exactly they pick up the story in S3, given all the different endings people could have chosen, it's hard to see how they're going to manage making it seem as though that choice actually mattered if everyone's going to start in the same place in the next one.

Not really interested in the Borderlands one, but can't wait for the GoT game they've got in the works.
[close]

Offline yslee

• Main Stander
« Reply #220 on: September 3, 2014, 04:03:34 am »
Think about it: Handsome Jack! In Telltale's hands!

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #221 on: September 3, 2014, 06:54:41 pm »
Wish they would release this as a Season 1 + 2 + the middle bit as a standalone disc for PS4.  Loved Season 1 and gutted I don't have anything to play Season 2 on.

Offline Crazy Diamond

• Main Stander
« Reply #222 on: September 5, 2014, 11:16:04 pm »
Finally got around to playing episode 5. I thought it was a great finale (although it did seem to be a bit short) with some tough decisions to make:

Spoiler
I ended up shooting Kenny. Mainly due to the fact that the timer was counting down and I panicked a bit! I actually liked him, but I think shooting him was the right decision. I also chose to forgive Jane - more because I didn't want to have Clem raising a newborn by herself than for any other reason. Back at the complex with Jane I also chose to invite the family in, I liked the idea of starting up a new community.

With regards to season 3, given the wide range of endings I can't see Clem and the others being the main characters. It will probably be a new set of people. Or possibly Christa (I think that was her name), as I don't think her fate was ever confirmed after getting separated at the start of season 2
[close]

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #223 on: December 2, 2014, 03:30:43 pm »
Bought this in the sale for PS4. Looks great and plays well.

Tried playing through Season 1 on the Vita, and it was choppy as shit.

But this is smooth and, and the resolution makes it look a cracker.  Was a bargain at £7.99 per season.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #224 on: January 21, 2015, 11:35:31 pm »
Just finished Season 2.  I think I'm going to throw up.

Spoiler
I decided to let Kenny kill Jane, and then go with Kenny to Wellington.  I went in with the baby and left Kenny to walk off. Was such a sad scene and hit me loads, imagining begging my son to go there.... was heartbreaking.
[close]

Excellent Season, not as good as 1 but a must play all the same.

Can't wait for 3.  Hopefully it ISN'T Clem, I want to see some new stories and maybe bump into her down the road.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 11:39:01 pm by Walshy® »

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: January 28, 2015, 10:09:14 am »
Just started playing these last night. I'm not sure if I'm going to enjoy it, finding it really difficult to make decisions already  ;D

I'm the type of person who would read guides online for other games to make sure I'm not missing anything important. Obviously that wouldn't work here so playing it blind.

Messed up my first decision

Spoiler
At the farm I tried to save the Hershalls son instead of Kenny's as I wanted to stay. He died anyway and I still had to leave.

So I backed Kenny at the drugstore and talked the old guy down
[close]

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #226 on: January 28, 2015, 11:04:51 am »
Yep, there is no wrong way to play the game. 
Just enjoy and go with your gut on decisions. 

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: January 28, 2015, 11:27:37 am »
It makes me wonder is there a theme?

Obviously my decision there was selfish instead of doing what most would consider the right thing. Does the game try to teach you to be selfless?

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #228 on: January 28, 2015, 02:11:17 pm »
Your decisions will influence things like storyline, how people react to you, and what conversations branches are available.  Obviously if someone dies then they won't be in later parts of the game, but if they live they might have a part to play.

The game doesn't try to persuade you to follow a correct path as it were, you can be as nice or selfish as you want, there is no way to fail.

At the end of the episode you are given about 5 key points of the story and it shows you how many percentage of people chose the same as you.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: January 28, 2015, 04:42:32 pm »
Ah ok cool. Thanks for the explanation

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: January 29, 2015, 02:00:53 pm »
This game makes me see how bad of a person I am

Spoiler
I was pretty much instantly grappling for power in the group and evaluating people without even realising  :P. Feeding people I wanted onside etc. Lilly's dad hated me and kept kicking off so I got Kenny to crush his head when he was having a heart attack. We said it was incase he turned but I would have tried to save anyone else in the group I think
[close]

Offline Flash6289

• Legacy Fan
  • €6
« Reply #231 on: March 5, 2016, 05:32:47 pm »
The new Walking Dead Miniseries: Michonne came out this week. 3 episodes only but I enjoyed the first. £12 and you get all three. One of the more interesting characters in the show.
XBL: Flash6289

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #232 on: September 22, 2018, 12:29:10 pm »
Looks like any further games have been cancelled. Telltale games let go 250 staff yesterday.