Author Topic: PL: Everton 0 vs 0 Liverpool  (Read 42291 times)

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Everton 0 vs 0 Liverpool
« Reply #520 on: June 22, 2020, 01:13:44 am »
Kudos for Carlo, Clueless for Klopp.

:lmao :lmao

Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #521 on: June 22, 2020, 01:45:33 am »
About the right result. We didn't do enough.  Would have been a travesty if they'd nicked it though.

Thought Minamino (or Minamoto if you're John Barnes) and Keita did really well.

Should have made one of those freekicks count against 10 inch arms.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline UNO

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #522 on: June 22, 2020, 01:55:38 am »
It’s ridiculous how some people criticize Minamino’s play. In my opinion he plays better than at least half of our players out there! He is running all the time looking for spaces and defending vigorously from the front. He always tries to connect with other players but unfortunately the chemical is not there yet. TAA is definitely the worst player, he did not play a good pass all game!

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #523 on: June 22, 2020, 02:00:42 am »
Kudos for Carlo, Clueless for Klopp.

What?  Seems harsh or fishing expedition.   I am not sure I have ever associated that phrase with our manager.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #524 on: June 22, 2020, 02:16:48 am »
Not the greatest of performance or result. Not the most ideal team to play against after 3 months off. It’s like playing the derby for the 1st game of the season. Just glad to see the boys back in action. We lack the usual rhythm and tempo in our attacking play but we will get better.

Credit to Ancelotti too. They’re still Everton but he knows how to set up his team to hang with us before trying for the sucker punch.

Palace and then City. Looking forward to them games ...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 10:39:18 am by MNAA »
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline testies

• Main Stander
« Reply #525 on: June 22, 2020, 02:20:54 am »
I liked fabinho a lot minus like the first 5 minutes or so.

seemed like the pre injury fabinho defensively

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #526 on: June 22, 2020, 02:25:22 am »
One point closer.  Couldn't give a fuck on how it's done from here on out.
This is my take on the rest of the season.

We were running away with it at a relentless pace, but world events took over. Circumstances have changed dramatically now. All that matters is that we get over the line. The remaining games could well be more of a slog than something to enjoy, but the ends will justify the means.

While doing it with a flourish and in style throughout the run-in would be nice, it might not happen that way now. That's understandable too. All that matters is crossing the line. I couldn't care less how we manage it now.

We've played the Shite home and away, humiliated them twice at Anfield and walked out of their place intact and with another point that will go towards the other three we took off them at our place. Those four will add nicely to our title winning total.

All they have is yet another ifithadnerbinfer... moment to drone on about endlessly.

We'll be lifting the trophy soon. That's all that matters now.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #527 on: June 22, 2020, 02:26:12 am »
Last 8:

LW(81')LLW(84)LWD.

Maybe it's just me that sees summat wrong.

Soz.

Plan B?
Kill the humourless

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: June 22, 2020, 02:33:27 am »
Last 8:

LW(81')LLW(84)LWD.

Soz.

Plan B?

Spend 80m on Oblak in case Alisson is injured again?
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: June 22, 2020, 02:46:13 am »
Spend 80m on Oblak in case Alisson is injured again?

It's a ridiculous argument  :)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: June 22, 2020, 02:57:07 am »
Last 8:

LW(81')LLW(84)LWD.

Soz.

Plan B?

Well since you said Klopp is clueless - I suppose the only answer is to fire him right?

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #531 on: June 22, 2020, 02:59:57 am »
It’s ridiculous how some people criticize Minamino’s play. In my opinion he plays better than at least half of our players out there! He is running all the time looking for spaces and defending vigorously from the front. He always tries to connect with other players but unfortunately the chemical is not there yet. TAA is definitely the worst player, he did not play a good pass all game!
Aye. Minamino’s play would have looked much better if Trent had played better. Gave TAA eons to play a few dangerous crosses today. Just wasn’t TAA’s day.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: June 22, 2020, 03:40:45 am »
Honestly, this had the feel of a preseason friendly. The sharpness and the touch wasn't always there which is completely understandable given most of these players have not really been playing for a period of time. I don't really give a shit as long as we win the league officially sooner rather than later and with the pressure off, I would love to see this team then go on to break the 100 point mark. But it's pretty secondary to winning the league from my perspective.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Online Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: June 22, 2020, 04:34:10 am »
Also Mane forgetting to take a knee and sprinting down the line at the whistle was pretty hilarious. 

Online Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: June 22, 2020, 04:43:14 am »
Also does Richarlison act like that in every game or does he just turn it up for us?  I understand some players thrive on those antics and use them to their advantage, and fair play cause he is actually a decent player, but it just seemed to make himself angrier and angrier as the game went on.  It's not even a threatening type of angry look either.  It's more like the look my 3 year old gets when he's having a tantrum.  Just seems like a waste of energy to be that angry is all.  Cheer up mate. 

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: June 22, 2020, 04:49:19 am »
Also does Richarlison act like that in every game or does he just turn it up for us?  I understand some players thrive on those antics and use them to their advantage, and fair play cause he is actually a decent player, but it just seemed to make himself angrier and angrier as the game went on.  It's not even a threatening type of angry look either.  It's more like the look my 3 year old gets when he's having a tantrum.  Just seems like a waste of energy to be that angry is all.  Cheer up mate.

It's that elite "1 in 4 striker" mentality.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #536 on: June 22, 2020, 05:07:47 am »
I didn't watch the 2nd half but I thought Minamino was very bright in the 1st half.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #537 on: June 22, 2020, 06:06:00 am »
Come on mate, people have been on lock down give them a chance to slag off our players and moan. Don't you know that 'supporting' the club on social media gives them the duty to slag off Hendo, the need to say Divok is crap, focus on every player's mistakes and to question why every new signing isn't at least as good as Messi.
It has gone that way, hasn't it. Good competitive game, that we really needed to get out the way. So grateful to the players. Kick on from here.

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #538 on: June 22, 2020, 06:33:48 am »
Well, I said I'd take a point before the game, and it's just another in a long list of shitty, turgid derbies for me.
0.0 there, one more point, yeah ok. Wolves, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, United have all been to Goodison this season and not won.

On we go then.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
  • I think my F5 has gone weird
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #539 on: June 22, 2020, 06:50:27 am »
One point closer to the title. That is all.  :wave
"If people trust and love you, you will never walk alone." - Philippos

Quote from: shanklyboy on April  3, 2006, 12:04:44 AM

IF YOU'RE EVER SKINT ROMAN
          WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #540 on: June 22, 2020, 07:02:23 am »
Needed to dribble past VVD to prove his point and become a national hero but he couldn’t.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: June 22, 2020, 07:12:00 am »
That bloody drinks break at 67 mins followed by multiple substitutions ruined any continuity and hopefully that's a lesson to go for the jugular from the off.

Predicted 0 - 0 - 3 months off and lack match sharpness. I expect more of the same on Wednesday.

By the time we get to the City game suspect we'll be up and running.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: June 22, 2020, 07:17:59 am »
I forgot how much the football affects my mood. Hell that was frustrating.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: June 22, 2020, 07:35:23 am »
It doesn't matter what the circumstances, everton away and man utd away will always be tough games over the next decade now that we're back on our perch. It's just like the good old days. When ex-reds tell you that "the form book goes out the window" against that shite, now you get it, especially with them only playing for scraps. This is how it is now and I love it.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: June 22, 2020, 07:44:04 am »
We have been poor (results wise compared to earlier in the season) ever since the 2 week break in January. That's why i am not really surprised with the result and performance.

At this moment, i don't really give a $hit about getting to 100 points or going unbeaten for the remaining games. I just want the title. So we could draw all our remaining games and that will be ok as long as we win it.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #545 on: June 22, 2020, 07:54:31 am »
We have been poor (results wise compared to earlier in the season) ever since the 2 week break in January. That's why i am not really surprised with the result and performance.

At this moment, i don't really give a $hit about getting to 100 points or going unbeaten for the remaining games. I just want the title. So we could draw all our remaining games and that will be ok as long as we win it.

Yeah exactly, don’t care about records. I just want to get across the line with the full fixture list played

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #546 on: June 22, 2020, 07:57:37 am »
This had preseason written all over it. Very happy to have played some boardgames while the match was on, otherwise I would have fallen asleep.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #547 on: June 22, 2020, 08:12:59 am »
... TAA is definitely the worst player, he did not play a good pass all game!

Another piece of gross exaggeration this. He didn’t have his greatest game but he played plenty of good passes, as this summary of his contribution versus Everton shows: https://mobile.twitter.com/ojbcomps/status/1274812596709994496

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #548 on: June 22, 2020, 08:14:10 am »
We're always a bit crap after a long break and that was no exception. Mane and Keita were lively and I thought Minamino was alright in the first half considering he was getting little in the way of help. Bobby and Henderson faded in and out and our corners were shocking. It was always going to be a tough on the senses game when we lost two of our game changers before the start and Everton turned up for a point. At home. In the derby.

We'll get better against Palace and will be firing on all cylinders when we win the league at the Manchester Council Stadium.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: June 22, 2020, 08:16:21 am »
So win against Palace, draw with City and we're champions?
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #550 on: June 22, 2020, 08:19:51 am »
I said in the lead up that the game was a coin toss after such a long break. As some have said, it's a shame we didn't have Arsenal first game back.

Ancelotti is a seasoned operator and knows as well as any manager how to set up to frustrate and not lose. It was frustrating to watch and, their final chance aside, it had 0-0 written all over it from 30+ mins.

Obviously, there is no need to panic but, for our own good and mentality I really think that the Palace game just became a must-win. Imagine going to the Etihad still needing 5 points?

We've been ruthlessly efficient and consistent this season but I think it is fair to say that we have rarely excelled. I suppose I had hoped that we would come back, shackles off, and finish this off in style.

On to the next one, and another awkward game against one of our bogey teams.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #551 on: June 22, 2020, 08:21:02 am »
I don't think the match should be taken in the context of recent form. We just got back after a few months without football and little training, plus with the run of games we have coming up and the fact that this season is pretty much wrapped up, there was no reason to go 100%. I rather draw Everton than risk injury for one of our players.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #552 on: June 22, 2020, 08:24:49 am »
Of all the games so far, this is the one which was most ‘normal’

Last season we were full strength (well, Bobby came off the bench) and it was the same story. A team playing in their cup final and parking the bus is never going to be easy to break down. Add in a much longer break than usual and a much shorter (and intense) ‘pre season’ and it actually flummoxes me that people are making grand statements.

I imagine we’ll be using the next eight games as a bit of an extended pre-season, considering we only get another three weeks and we’re back into it once it’s finished. I don’t think it’s particularly wild to think that it’ll be a bit disjointed for the rest of this season, gradually getting to a high level towards the end.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #553 on: June 22, 2020, 08:25:12 am »
Read my post - I’ve said that Lovren wasn’t at the races. That wasn’t the point.

My criticism of Carra is down to him always giving Everton undue credit - not just today and not just against us. It’s more than a trend and it’s fucking annoying. It’s as if living, as he does, in an Everton stronghold, he wants his cake and eat it.

I wonder if his old man/family still watch Liverpool now Carra has retired, or have they gone back to Goodison? He has got a family of blues.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #554 on: June 22, 2020, 08:25:58 am »
The game went more or less as I thought it would go. How can you come out of the blocks sprinting after such a long lay off?
Accuse me of paranoia but those cnuts at Sky deliberately set up Kenny to make him look foolish, while he was fiddling with his mask. I cancelled my subs to them bastards as soon as lockdown started, they're not getting my money ever again.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: June 22, 2020, 08:27:09 am »
I said in the lead up that the game was a coin toss after such a long break. As some have said, it's a shame we didn't have Arsenal first game back.

Ancelotti is a seasoned operator and knows as well as any manager how to set up to frustrate and not lose. It was frustrating to watch and, their final chance aside, it had 0-0 written all over it from 30+ mins.

Obviously, there is no need to panic but, for our own good and mentality I really think that the Palace game just became a must-win. Imagine going to the Etihad still needing 5 points?

We've been ruthlessly efficient and consistent this season but I think it is fair to say that we have rarely excelled. I suppose I had hoped that we would come back, shackles off, and finish this off in style.

On to the next one, and another awkward game against one of our bogey teams.

One of those odd things that get thrown around so much that it suddenly becomes true, even though it’s really not.

We’ve won six in a row against them, and eight of the last nine.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #556 on: June 22, 2020, 08:37:37 am »
Last 8:

LW(81')LLW(84)LWD.

Soz.

Plan B?

Do enlighten us.

Before lockdown we had been playing incessantly for months including travelling to and winning the Club World Cup. In the League CUp we had to play a bunch of kids 24 hours before the first team played Monterey. On Boxing Day we beat Leicester 4-0 away in a game that was one of the best performances I have ever seen by a Liverpool team.

That was the first in a sequence of games that included playing home and away at Wolves, Sheffield United, Spurs away, Man United and two FA Cup games.

In order to get some legs back we played a load of kids against Everton and Shrewsbury Town. Winning both ties to set up an away tie at Chelsea in the next round.  Which brings us to this sequence.

L - Atletico Madrid - European Cup
W - West Ham - League
L - Watford - League
L - Chelsea - FA Cup
W- Bournemouth - League
L - Atletico Madrid - European Cup

Atletico away was a decent performance.
West Ham we kept going to the end as we have been all season. Never looked like losing and scored three times. Probably missed Henderson.
Watford. One of those games. Again - no Henderson. We looked tired and everything went right for Watford.
Chelsea. Below strength team goes out of the FA Cup.
Bournemouth. No Robertson, no Henderson, no Allisson. I don't know why you've put 84' there - we scored on 24' and 33'
Atletico home leg. We took it to extra time and were in the lead when Adrian (no Allisson) gifted them a goal.

Missing some of your best players or having them play through injury and tiredness can affect performances - who knew?

Going out to Atletico was disappointing but they are a very good team and having been to three European finals in four years under Klopp I'll get over it. Would we have gone out with Allisson in goal? I don't know.

Yesterday's game was a bit shit. Ancelotti played 11 behind the ball and we struggled without Salah and Robertson. Milner is a capable option for Robbo but he went off as well.

Trust me, I would have loved to have won every game and it would be amazing to have two Salahs, two Allisons and an exact match for every player on the pitch. And yes, maybe having the squad well-drilled in a way of playing that has won 27 league games out of 30 leaves you open to being blocked by a manager who packs the defence. We've seen that all season when it's taken time and patience to overcome. On two occasions, against United away and Everton away, we didn't manage it.

So in summary Klopp managing to win the Club World Cup (on top of the European Cup and Super Cup) and winning 27 out of 30, taking us to within two wins of our first league title in 30 years, while managing fitness & injury and a ridiculous schedule is 'clueless'?

I think most people will draw the same conclusion about who is being clueless.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #557 on: June 22, 2020, 08:37:43 am »
So win against Palace, draw with City and we're champions?

If City drop points to Chelsea, we're champions as well. Assuming we beat Roy's boys
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #558 on: June 22, 2020, 08:39:53 am »
I legit thought jambutty was on a very successful fishing trip with his ‘clueless’ comment.

He wasn’t. Wow.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: June 22, 2020, 08:42:12 am »
If City drop points to Chelsea, we're champions as well. Assuming we beat Roy's boys

Didn't realise they played Chelsea before playing us. So, beat Palace and draw with City and title is ours? Can't see them dropping points to either Burnley or Chelsea.
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid