Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1888976 times)

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Reply #10400 on: May 17, 2021, 11:47:02 am »
Any official news on Keita. Yes I know water is wet, but havent had an update on his progress since being hauled off vs R Madrid.

I think his head has probably gone after Madrid and we won't see him again this season. He either needs the break to maybe come back with a clean slate or if any sort of favourable deal can be done with him I'm sure he would be moved on. Even £30m would be a decent enough return and we're getting to the stage (unbelievably) where the time remaining on his contract will start to be an issue.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #10401 on: May 17, 2021, 10:14:55 pm »
I would rather we kept Minamino, if we are looking to sell.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10402 on: May 18, 2021, 03:02:16 am »
I would rather we kept Minamino, if we are looking to sell.

Minamino isn't good enough.

Keita has the ability but can't stay healthy consistently to impose himself on this team. Shame as he's got all the tools, but if we get a good offer for him, I can't see him staying.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10403 on: May 18, 2021, 09:22:47 am »
Very hypothetical but if selling Keita meant that we had the funds for a top CB (e.g. Konate if you believe papers saying we are after him) then would this be a good deal?

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #10404 on: May 18, 2021, 09:49:42 am »
Any deal we could make to sell Keita would be a good deal.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #10405 on: May 18, 2021, 09:51:34 am »
The teams he's been linked with shows how far his stock has fallen.  But I'd still be amazed if he ended up at a mid-table team in the PL, surely a move to a team like Atletico would be the way to go.  There's a great player in there somewhere, just has to stay fit and find himself again.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10406 on: May 18, 2021, 09:53:40 am »
I cannot think of a worse team to play for than Atletico for a player like Keita. He could get injured buttering toast, Simeone’s crew run themselves into the ground. I reckon he goes back to Germany. Dortmund, Leipzig or Leverkusen I reckon.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10407 on: May 18, 2021, 10:18:19 am »
There is no point keeping him. We need our squad players atm to ease the pressure on the first team and, as expected, he's injured.

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #10408 on: May 18, 2021, 10:22:41 am »
How much would we even realistically get? I could see him staying purely due to nobody offering a reasonable amount for him.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #10409 on: May 18, 2021, 12:29:48 pm »
I get the impression that Keita is great when given a free role to roam about and get involved when and where he likes. That's not to say he's a luxury player, he's incredibly hard-working, but maybe not disciplined/tactically minded enough to sit back and cover when he needs to.

Came across a quote from Naby’s agent that is in line with the quote above:

Malick Kebe
@MalickKebe8
Le jour que l’entraîneur Klopp va faire jouer Naby Keita à son poste de prédilection, vous verrez ce qu’il va apporté à Liverpool. C’est un meneur de jeu et non un récupérateur. À bon entendeur salut.

In summary Naby’s a creator not a scavenger
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #10410 on: May 19, 2021, 02:31:50 pm »
I cannot think of a worse team to play for than Atletico for a player like Keita. He could get injured buttering toast, Simeone’s crew run themselves into the ground. I reckon he goes back to Germany. Dortmund, Leipzig or Leverkusen I reckon.

Got to wonder if his wages would be restrictive for the likes of RBL and Bayer L. Assume he’d be the highest paid player at both these clubs. Potentially be a fair bit.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10411 on: May 19, 2021, 02:56:16 pm »
How much would we even realistically get? I could see him staying purely due to nobody offering a reasonable amount for him.

Finally commonsense detected!!

We are better off trying to rehab him the best we can and use him as a squad player for the next 2 yrs.

Any club wanting him are likely to want a loan first, then we are likely to get aquilani'd down to tuppence as the contract wears down.  Sure he is a good player but if he goes on loan first, he is likely to get injured and we are back to square 1, may as well make square 1 work for us and use him in the only way that can likely work for us potentially ... in our squad

The idea of post pandemic clubs spending 20m+ and then  120k a week on keita, is fanciful with his injury record
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 03:17:11 pm by markmywords »

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #10412 on: May 19, 2021, 03:17:26 pm »
Feels like we've been trying to rehab him and get him up and running for the past two years.  At what point do you just cut your losses and get his wages off the books.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10413 on: May 19, 2021, 03:30:22 pm »
Feels like we've been trying to rehab him and get him up and running for the past two years.  At what point do you just cut your losses and get his wages off the books.

What does cut your losses mean? selling him for 5m, maybe 10m?

His injury record is poor, he is resembling Aqilani who we eventually sold for under 1m, and there was no global pandemic back then.  The market for injury prone, frail players who haven't had a proper run since 2018, (who are due to spend most of jan/feb at AFCON) is a bit bearish. We are likely going to keep him whether we want to or not, so better make the best of it, there is a real talent there, if my memory serves me right
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 03:34:12 pm by markmywords »

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #10414 on: May 22, 2021, 12:08:42 pm »
Is he fit for tomorrow!
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10415 on: May 22, 2021, 12:20:41 pm »
Is he fit for tomorrow!

That's a good one  ;D

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10416 on: May 22, 2021, 12:23:51 pm »
I read on LFC Reddit yesterday that a Guinean Journo says he's suffered a hamstring injury. :butt
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10417 on: May 22, 2021, 12:32:04 pm »
I read on LFC Reddit yesterday that a Guinean Journo says he's suffered a hamstring injury. :butt

Might as well just stick a fork in him.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10418 on: May 22, 2021, 12:32:23 pm »
Doesn’t matter - he wasn’t going to play tomorrow anyway.

Hopefully he recovers soon.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #10419 on: May 22, 2021, 05:11:21 pm »
There's just no point anymore. We have to try and recoup as much as we can for him and also free up wages and a place in the first team squad. The situation is beyond ridiculous.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #10420 on: May 22, 2021, 05:43:47 pm »

Its not Naby lads fault.
Its the voodoo dolls that are linked to him, Matip and Ox. They ve got no chance.

Lallana, Sturridge were similar.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Gaius Baltar

• Carp's on a bit.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #10421 on: May 22, 2021, 05:56:00 pm »
I remember the days when I couldn’t wait to see the lad play.

Now I don’t even check it he’s in the squad or even notice if he isn’t. He’s the physical embodiment of a shoulder shrug isn’t he? He certainly doesn’t play at a level on the pitch that makes you lament the fact he’s been out even when he is available. He’s needs a fresh start for his own sake never mind ours.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10422 on: May 22, 2021, 06:42:40 pm »
Very hypothetical but if selling Keita meant that we had the funds for a top CB (e.g. Konate if you believe papers saying we are after him) then would this be a good deal?
If he is sold then I’d hope that funds went towards a midfielder. We’ve been unlucky with injuries at CB this season but we have Virg, Gomez, Matip, Kabak?, Nat, Davies and Rhys for 2 positions. If we sold Naby (and Gini leaves) we have 6 midfielders for 3 positions. Milner’s 35? And Ox isn’t famed for his always fit and available status!

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10423 on: May 22, 2021, 07:07:08 pm »

If we do sell Keita this summer, it will be to finance the signing of a new 4th choice midfielder, behind Fabinho, Thiago and Henderson, who will eventually take over the starting role from Henderson ...

Offline Red1976

• Main Stander
« Reply #10424 on: May 22, 2021, 10:47:51 pm »
If we do sell Keita this summer, it will be to finance the signing of a new 4th choice midfielder, behind Fabinho, Thiago and Henderson, who will eventually take over the starting role from Henderson ...

It may be the case that we sign one attacking midfielder to replace both Wijnaldum and Keita seeing that we have a number of central midfielders.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10425 on: May 22, 2021, 10:55:18 pm »
Seems Alkmaar’s Koopmeiners is a name being bandied around. Doubt he’d be coming as 4th choice, more likely to push for a starting place...stepping into Gini’s grave so to speak.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #10426 on: May 22, 2021, 11:16:37 pm »

Jones
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10427 on: May 22, 2021, 11:27:30 pm »
Here's an idea.  Why not just keep him around? 

If, as many of you say, he's the 4th or 5th choice midfielder do we really need to sell him and bring someone else in to play the same amount of games as he will?  We won't find anyone as good as him to be 4th/5th choice and there's always the chance that he stays fit.  In which case, we've got one hell of a midfield. 

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10428 on: May 22, 2021, 11:33:41 pm »

If, as many of you say, he's the 4th or 5th choice midfielder do we really need to sell him and bring someone else in to play the same amount of games as he will?  We won't find anyone as good as him to be 4th/5th choice and there's always the chance that he stays fit.  In which case, we've got one hell of a midfield.

Yeah I’d sell if we could as he is never fit and earns around £100k a week.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10429 on: May 22, 2021, 11:50:22 pm »
Jones

Jones is too young and inexperienced to be our 4th choice midfielder next season. More likely the 5th choice next season, and a long-term successor for Thiago ...

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #10430 on: May 22, 2021, 11:51:06 pm »
Yeah I’d sell if we could as he is never fit and earns around £100k a week.

I think he’s a talent but what’s the point when he’s injured all the time. I’d sell him!
Disgusting the wages players are on and not even kicking a ball  ;D

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10431 on: May 22, 2021, 11:55:40 pm »

He’s not happy here, he wants to play a more creative role and there’s no point keeping someone who isn’t motivated

Bissouma + A quality creative midfielder leaves us stronger than Gini + Keita

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10432 on: May 23, 2021, 12:33:37 am »
Came across a quote from Naby’s agent that is in line with the quote above:

Malick Kebe
@MalickKebe8
Le jour que l’entraîneur Klopp va faire jouer Naby Keita à son poste de prédilection, vous verrez ce qu’il va apporté à Liverpool. C’est un meneur de jeu et non un récupérateur. À bon entendeur salut.

In summary Naby’s a creator not a scavenger

Sounds about right but sucks to see it said by his agent, players can be creative in our system but they have to be willing to do the dirty work first.

Klopp's quote about Jones sounds relevant: "Defending like a soldier, attacking like a Scouser."

If Naby is really unhappy about not having a freer role for us then I think that probably spells the end of his time here.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #10433 on: May 23, 2021, 04:51:59 am »
Jones is too young and inexperienced to be our 4th choice midfielder next season. More likely the 5th choice next season, and a long-term successor for Thiago ...

I think Jones is why we’re letting Gini go. You can see it in how he is being asked to play and where.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10434 on: May 23, 2021, 06:57:34 am »

Yet most on here think the like of Sancho (20), Tonali (21) or Foden (20) as game changers. Jones knows the system and is no different to Stevie G in starting his career.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10435 on: May 23, 2021, 08:01:25 am »
Its not Naby lads fault.
Its the voodoo dolls that are linked to him, Matip and Ox. They ve got no chance.

Lallana, Sturridge were similar.
There seems to be a Harry Cool jinx on Naby Lad. You just know the talent is there, he even shows it in  spells. Just can't stay fit for a consistent performance. Too bad really. You just know there's a Rolls Royce of a player underneath. 
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline 19th Nervous Title

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #10436 on: May 23, 2021, 09:32:39 am »
What does cut your losses mean? selling him for 5m, maybe 10m?

His injury record is poor, he is resembling Aqilani who we eventually sold for under 1m, and there was no global pandemic back then.  The market for injury prone, frail players who haven't had a proper run since 2018, (who are due to spend most of jan/feb at AFCON) is a bit bearish. We are likely going to keep him whether we want to or not, so better make the best of it, there is a real talent there, if my memory serves me right

The other option is spend 10M on wages and let him go on a free in two years after he's played another 20 games, including sub appearances.

It's a dilemma. We're going to take a bath on him whichever way we go.
Emily Hobhouse. Britain's finest.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10437 on: May 23, 2021, 10:26:51 am »
How can Naby moan about wanting a more creative role when he is spending most of his time in the treatment room or on the bench anyway? Hope we recoup a good bit of what we paid for him.

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #10438 on: May 23, 2021, 10:36:39 am »
How can Naby moan about wanting a more creative role when he is spending most of his time in the treatment room or on the bench anyway? Hope we recoup a good bit of what we paid for him.

I'll bet on less than half.

It's a shame really because he can be a top player, just not on a regular basis. In terms of what we've got out of his signing, and what he cost, I think he's been the worst value for money since Joe Cole/Balotelli.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10439 on: May 23, 2021, 10:37:24 am »

The best we can do is hope Dortmund fancies him and will do a 50m quid pro 80m quo deal for Sancho.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258