Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3317367 times)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #29120 on: May 2, 2024, 10:41:51 am »
Cup of Tea meets the Gutter was great stuff. Mr G - a life well lived. Andy hosting was great as they're clearly friends.

Yeah Guttman always a great listen and some interesting choices. I remember finding out the result of that Blackburn game via good old Ceefax. Didn’t have Sky back then and it must have been the first season of the Premium League.

Also enjoyed the Cup of Tea show that they dug out from last summer. Don’t watched Emmerdale so googled Tom Lister to see if I knew him and fairly sure he’s a different person to the bloke in the thumbnail picture? Unless I had the wrong person. :D

I like both of those shows, whoever the guest is, usually even more so when you don’t always want to think about the current on pitch issues.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #29121 on: May 2, 2024, 10:45:11 am »
Yeah Guttman always a great listen and some interesting choices. I remember finding out the result of that Blackburn game via good old Ceefax. Didn’t have Sky back then and it must have been the first season of the Premium League.

Also enjoyed the Cup of Tea show that they dug out from last summer. Don’t watched Emmerdale so googled Tom Lister to see if I knew him and fairly sure he’s a different person to the bloke in the thumbnail picture? Unless I had the wrong person. :D

I like both of those shows, whoever the guest is, usually even more so when you don’t always want to think about the current on pitch issues.
Sorry - I meant Desert Islands Goals rather than Cup of Tea. I'll check out the Tom Lister one though.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #29122 on: May 2, 2024, 10:48:03 am »
Sorry - I meant Desert Islands Goals rather than Cup of Tea. I'll check out the Tom Lister one though.

Yeah, didn’t even slit your error! Listened to both in quick succession. Guttman walking out of his good mate’s wedding to watch a league game. A braver man than me. :D

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #29123 on: May 2, 2024, 11:05:45 am »
Yeah, didn’t even slit your error! Listened to both in quick succession. Guttman walking out of his good mate’s wedding to watch a league game. A braver man than me. :D
I dread the day that you ever slit my error.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29124 on: May 2, 2024, 11:40:22 am »
Guttman walking out of his good mate’s wedding to watch a league game. A braver man than me. :D

To a chorus of boos, such a funny image. Anything with Gutmann is an automatic listen for me these days.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #29125 on: May 2, 2024, 12:21:47 pm »
I dread the day that you ever slit my error.

:o

Online koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #29126 on: May 2, 2024, 03:38:10 pm »
Guttman is my absolute fave
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #29127 on: May 3, 2024, 06:34:24 am »
Gutmann is the greatest.

Apart from that, what`s up with people`s voices lately? Sexton and Bona first and foremost.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29128 on: May 3, 2024, 07:07:10 am »
Guttman is my absolute fave

Apart from his horrendous Jurgen shout a few seasons ago.  :P

Online koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #29129 on: May 3, 2024, 08:40:34 pm »
Gutmann is the greatest.

Apart from that, what`s up with people`s voices lately? Sexton and Bona first and foremost.
Sexton always sounds like he's on the verge of running out of breath to me
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Bastion Of Invincibility

• Anny Roader
« Reply #29130 on: May 6, 2024, 07:06:28 pm »
Gutmann is the greatest.

Glad it wasn't just me. I was about to order a new headphone adaptor until I realised it was a broadcast issue. The Anfield Wrap is the only podcast I listen to so it's a trap one can fall into.

Offline johnathank

• youverymuch
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #29131 on: May 6, 2024, 09:39:16 pm »
Where have the match ratings gone to?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #29132 on: May 7, 2024, 10:58:19 am »
Just listening to the Barcelona pink again, what a night that was.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #29133 on: May 7, 2024, 11:05:27 am »
Just listening to the Barcelona pink again, what a night that was.

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/1125885466815995905

Loved this Dan Austin video afterwards, I still go back and watch it sometimes. It summed it up for me, I don't think I calmed down from it until after the final really  ;D
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.