Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2099001 times)

Offline 77kop05

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #16160 on: March 28, 2021, 12:37:18 am »
Why don't you ask so it appears under the FAQs? Sure it affects quite a few.

Just had a sconce there. At the moment it's season tickets only . I'll wait for the members announcement and fire it up then. 

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #16161 on: March 28, 2021, 12:38:38 am »
Spartak went to all ST, I think even all members, only 500ish went from the uk. Also the last time they did genuine proof of travel. Roma went to all ST, there have been opportunities.

Spartak you had register interest beforehand and to do so you needed 1 previous Euro Away credit.

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #16162 on: March 28, 2021, 02:40:10 am »
This points stuff don’t work for me. I’ve got 15 league aways on my card plus fa and league cup aways credit history going back to 2012.
I rely on mates for the euro aways and home games.
So if it goes to points I would lose out as I don’t go to many homes as my preference is away games?
May of read it wrong but I’m drunk lol

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #16163 on: March 28, 2021, 05:50:08 am »
Was wondering about this to. As someone living in Cork and our vaccine rollout due to be complete in christ knows when I'm wondering what's the plan for the international supporter ?
At the moment there's no hope we can travel the first half of the season but if we take the season break from sales then can travel for the second half of the season we'll be  screwed for tickets for that. If I don't get over for another season I think i'll end up in the loony bin.
ROI is in the common travel area so I don’t think it's an issue? If the stadium is full there will be people from all over the country anyway so no difference if you're from Ireland really, international supporters will probably have to quarantine for a while if they travel to the UK but if they get tickets and are willing to isolate I don't see a problem

Offline 77kop05

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16164 on: March 28, 2021, 12:09:18 pm »
ROI is in the common travel area so I don’t think it's an issue? If the stadium is full there will be people from all over the country anyway so no difference if you're from Ireland really, international supporters will probably have to quarantine for a while if they travel to the UK but if they get tickets and are willing to isolate I don't see a problem

At the moment we can't travel further than 5km . And cases are rising again, they are due to make an announcement again tomorrow, I think, but people aren't expecting much change for another 6 weeks before the next review. Also we are advised to isolate for 14 days on return from the uk and my work is going with the same policy. Wouldn't be long eating up the annual leave at that rate.
 Some pain. 
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 12:20:07 pm by 77kop05 »

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16165 on: March 28, 2021, 01:50:25 pm »
Spartak you had register interest beforehand and to do so you needed 1 previous Euro Away credit.

At first yes, but then it dropped to zero credits. A mate got on the ladder then by going.

Following the announcement advising supporters to register their intent to travel to Russia, we can now confirm that registration is open to all season ticket holders and Members

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tickets/274258-register-now-fans-intending-to-travel-to-russia

A mate with a members only registered then and went.

They only gave us half the allocation as we were only in one tier. And about half the people in there were from Russian supporter clubs. At best I think 500 got a credit for it
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 01:57:11 pm by Craig S »

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #16166 on: March 28, 2021, 03:17:34 pm »
A points systems for away games could work to give a feasible way of getting onto the away ladder for members (at the moment any away cup game has to go past around 25000 season ticket holders without credits if it ever gets to that stage). Also, it would mean less credit hunting for UCL- if you can't make the first game at the moment then you can't go to any of the European games for the rest of the season and could even drop off the ladder entirely if 2+ games are needed the following season to qualify for the first game.

However, the main issue with it is that it will give huge priority to those who attend league games. Some people only go to cup games because they can't afford to attend lots of games and at the moment the system supports them. Once you change the system, all these people will struggle to go to European games as those that attended a decent amount of league games will take priority.

Would only benefit people with a lot of existing credits across most comps, not members really unless they're in that bracket

Would essentially level off the requirements, but at a higher level than current for games like southampton away

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16167 on: March 28, 2021, 03:22:54 pm »
Genuinely think they'll scrap 19/20 season credits

Didn't use them last December for the few games we had, and next season they'll be giving seasies a break... I'd like to think members would be offered that same break...

So then what? Those unused seats are sold to members, and the following year the seasies and long term members come back and everything's fucked credit wise. That's their opportunity to go to points based... Or they'll scrap credit gain from next season too for the ones who don't take a break, leading to upset the following year when someone's done every game but isn't getting anything the year after

If they scrap 21/22 season credits from the start, that's their excuse to go back to the last full season of credits prior to Covid (18/19) for the following season IMO - just like they did in December

Offline stefbs

• Main Stander
« Reply #16168 on: March 28, 2021, 03:37:49 pm »
Genuinely think they'll scrap 19/20 season credits

Didn't use them last December for the few games we had, and next season they'll be giving seasies a break... I'd like to think members would be offered that same break...

So then what? Those unused seats are sold to members, and the following year the seasies and long term members come back and everything's fucked credit wise. That's their opportunity to go to points based... Or they'll scrap credit gain from next season too for the ones who don't take a break, leading to upset the following year when someone's done every game but isn't getting anything the year after

If they scrap 21/22 season credits from the start, that's their excuse to go back to the last full season of credits prior to Covid (18/19) for the following season IMO - just like they did in December

No reason to scrap 19/20 season credits. We played 15 games, not 1 or 2

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16169 on: March 28, 2021, 03:39:06 pm »

No reason to scrap 19/20 season credits. We played 15 games, not 1 or 2

Exactly.

It will be one monumental kick in the bollocks for fans who went to 15 out of 15 games that season.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16170 on: March 28, 2021, 03:43:34 pm »
They should use a combination of 18/19 and 19/20, or just 19/20.

They can't pretend 95% of a season didn't happen

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #16171 on: March 28, 2021, 03:49:00 pm »
Exactly.

It will be one monumental kick in the bollocks for fans who went to 15 out of 15 games that season.

Those who went to 15 out of 15 more than likely went to 19/19 the season before so I'm sure it won't make much difference

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16172 on: March 28, 2021, 04:03:54 pm »
Those who went to 15 out of 15 more than likely went to 19/19 the season before so I'm sure it won't make much difference

Plenty that won't have as well

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16173 on: March 28, 2021, 04:43:37 pm »
At first yes, but then it dropped to zero credits. A mate got on the ladder then by going.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tickets/274258-register-now-fans-intending-to-travel-to-russia

A mate with a members only registered then and went.

They only gave us half the allocation as we were only in one tier. And about half the people in there were from Russian supporter clubs. At best I think 500 got a credit for it

Yes you are right, didn't remember that and I did the trip & didn't drink that much ale. Hopefully we'll get back there again some time in the not too distant future.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16174 on: March 28, 2021, 06:45:59 pm »
At the moment we can't travel further than 5km . And cases are rising again, they are due to make an announcement again tomorrow, I think, but people aren't expecting much change for another 6 weeks before the next review. Also we are advised to isolate for 14 days on return from the uk and my work is going with the same policy. Wouldn't be long eating up the annual leave at that rate.
 Some pain.
ah fair enough mate I guess it's different being from NI, I think those rules should be relaxed by the new season you'd think so you should be able to get over at some point

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #16175 on: March 29, 2021, 01:00:37 pm »
Transfer 'credits' into points, so for example each game gets you 100 points lets say across all cups
Then each game requires a set number of points to attend or be guaranteed

The issue is currently, you have people on 19 prem homes, 19 prem aways, every cup home but then cant get CL aways so never guaranteed a final ticket (I myself know 4 people in this situation)
So you have people doing upwards of 40 games a year across all comps not getting on the CL away ladder or final tickets, where as people doing 6 homes in the CL and 1 away getting a final ticket, or 6 cl homes and that's it then getting lucky in a ballot.

Lots of clubs use points, and they apply across all comps

Would piss a lot of people off initially especially those on the lower end of the ladder, but would make the credit ladder so much simpler going forward and would allow the ones who go to the most games home and away to get the tickets for other comps

Just how it is though and if there's people with every single home/away PL game and every single CL home game, then I think it's a tiny number who wouldn't also have a CL away.

Credits for PL/CL/FA Cup/League Cup are always separate and probably how it should stay IMO.

PL aways, just like CL aways are more or less a closed shop.  Unless you're going to open up the PL aways for people then there's no reason to open up the CL aways.

Doing a points system that goes across all competitions just closes the door even more for people and will end up more and more people just touting their tickets.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16176 on: March 29, 2021, 01:10:53 pm »
Like someone said, the points system probably is most effective for smaller clubs with less complicated ticketing arrangements.

I actually think the points-based system would shut off the entry points for a lot of younger fans and probably encourage more hoarding of tickets. At least as it is non-CL cup games are generally available to new members etc.

I actually think it'd piss off the majority of members if it happened. It might make sense having a points-based system for getting people on the away tickets ladder though, with a view of requiring people to travel to CL away games to collect tickets in the members name etc.

Feels like a long way away anyway. Personally I don't see a full seater coming back for 2021 unfortunately.
YNWA.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #16177 on: March 29, 2021, 01:56:12 pm »
Four certain things in life
1. Birth
2. Death
3. Tax
4. People arguing in the RAWK ticket thread that the club should use criteria that suits them

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #16178 on: March 29, 2021, 03:00:18 pm »
Just how it is though and if there's people with every single home/away PL game and every single CL home game, then I think it's a tiny number who wouldn't also have a CL away.

Credits for PL/CL/FA Cup/League Cup are always separate and probably how it should stay IMO.

PL aways, just like CL aways are more or less a closed shop.  Unless you're going to open up the PL aways for people then there's no reason to open up the CL aways.

Doing a points system that goes across all competitions just closes the door even more for people and will end up more and more people just touting their tickets.
Exactly this.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #16179 on: March 29, 2021, 04:27:45 pm »
100% going back to 18/19, it makes the most sense.  Too many ifs, buts and maybes to do it any other way.  People had tickets cancelled and a load of people who could and would have bought in the late sales couldn't get them.  They will keep it clean and use 18/19 for next year and the year after I would think.  Next year will be a free hit across the board with no games credits accrued.

I reckon they will use 19/20 for the cup games though, we were knocked out of all three so they were complete, no point in going back to 18/19 for them.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #16180 on: March 29, 2021, 04:47:30 pm »
100% going back to 18/19, it makes the most sense.  Too many ifs, buts and maybes to do it any other way.  People had tickets cancelled and a load of people who could and would have bought in the late sales couldn't get them.  They will keep it clean and use 18/19 for next year and the year after I would think.  Next year will be a free hit across the board with no games credits accrued.

I reckon they will use 19/20 for the cup games though, we were knocked out of all three so they were complete, no point in going back to 18/19 for them.

Is this info from a source or is it what you think will happen?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16181 on: March 29, 2021, 04:50:33 pm »
They can give me my fucking money back for all my tickets last season then

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #16182 on: March 29, 2021, 05:00:21 pm »

Wasn't it said somewhere if you had the ACS in the cups for 19/20, then for 20/21 you were guaranteed to be in the ACS again, which wasn't the case in previous seasons.  Obviously 20/21 never happened so I'm assuming that it'll just roll over to when stadiums are allowed to be full again, hopefully 21/22.

They can give me my fucking money back for all my tickets last season then

If you went to the games why would they?

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #16183 on: March 29, 2021, 05:00:47 pm »
The club has always stated on the ticket sale notice when credits will not be given for a particular game (they are clearly concerned that people will complain when they don't get credits for a game they attended). Do people really think that they would look at 15 games and think they meant nothing just because we didn't have a full season. There would be a lot of people pissed off by this. For example, I attended all 15 games that season, but only attended 6 the season before. I'm probably one of many on this forum in a similar situation. We are not trying to make the criteria to suit ourselves- we are saying the criteria should be based on 19/20 as it has always been based upon the previous season. The only question should be what number is the criteria put at. Can I ask are people just making these suggestions to do away with credits from 19/20 to wind everyone up? (It's working as you can tell)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16184 on: March 29, 2021, 05:31:13 pm »
Wasn't it said somewhere if you had the ACS in the cups for 19/20, then for 20/21 you were guaranteed to be in the ACS again, which wasn't the case in previous seasons.  Obviously 20/21 never happened so I'm assuming that it'll just roll over to when stadiums are allowed to be full again, hopefully 21/22.

I'd forgot about that but hopefully they carry it over.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #16185 on: March 29, 2021, 07:07:45 pm »
Is this info from a source or is it what you think will happen?

informed guess

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16186 on: March 29, 2021, 07:58:38 pm »

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #16187 on: March 29, 2021, 09:34:23 pm »
The club has always stated on the ticket sale notice when credits will not be given for a particular game (they are clearly concerned that people will complain when they don't get credits for a game they attended). Do people really think that they would look at 15 games and think they meant nothing just because we didn't have a full season. There would be a lot of people pissed off by this. For example, I attended all 15 games that season, but only attended 6 the season before. I'm probably one of many on this forum in a similar situation. We are not trying to make the criteria to suit ourselves- we are saying the criteria should be based on 19/20 as it has always been based upon the previous season. The only question should be what number is the criteria put at. Can I ask are people just making these suggestions to do away with credits from 19/20 to wind everyone up? (It's working as you can tell)

Absolutely bang on the money imo.

Very easy for people in the 13+ club for a few years to say it makes more sense to go back to 18/19
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16188 on: March 29, 2021, 11:32:03 pm »
Glad I got out of this rat race last summer.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16189 on: March 30, 2021, 01:52:43 am »
Absolutely bang on the money imo.

Very easy for people in the 13+ club for a few years to say it makes more sense to go back to 18/19
and they'd stay in the club unless they have didn't have go at all in 19/20, bizarre to just disregard 15 games, if the criteria is 10/11 from 19/20 no one loses out

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16190 on: March 30, 2021, 01:55:38 am »
It's a contentious issue because if you reach that 13 that's you basically set for life unless they drastically change the way tickets are done or something, guaranteed to reach the minimum every year, it's a ST in all but name (obviously the 3 new teams aren't included but still) so yeah when people qualified or were on 12/11 games from 19/20 they have every reason to fight, I think some in the guaranteed club don't realise the amount of time some of us spent getting tickets, I'm talking days of total time over the last 3 years personally

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16191 on: March 30, 2021, 06:55:00 am »
If the club really were going to use the 15 games from 19/20.... then why didn't they do this back in December?

I think that is the biggest indicator here that they plan on scrapping them off  :wave

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16192 on: March 30, 2021, 06:56:38 am »
There would be a lot of people pissed off by this.

Would be a lot of people pissed off no matter what decision they make, wouldn't be anything new

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16193 on: March 30, 2021, 07:31:04 am »

Certainly winding me up. We’re talking about 15 games here, not a handfull

Might as well do away with loyalty altogether, its pretty much what is being advocated there.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16194 on: March 30, 2021, 07:32:51 am »
If the club really were going to use the 15 games from 19/20.... then why didn't they do this back in December?

Because of fan update.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16195 on: March 30, 2021, 07:36:07 am »
Because of fan update.

Had plenty of opportunity to do fan update for the few hundred who had made the jump in the 19/20 season over the summer period

Especially when the original plan was fans from October!

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16196 on: March 30, 2021, 07:39:50 am »
Had plenty of opportunity to do fan update for the few hundred who had made the jump in the 19/20 season over the summer period

Especially when the original plan was fans from October!

But for whatever reason they didnt. So when it come to selling tickets at short notice in December they just sold to those who had done fan update, and the first group guaranteed to have done it was the class of 18/19. It was exceptional rules for exceptional circumstances.

We’re back to normal next season, all being well.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16197 on: March 30, 2021, 07:42:55 am »
We'll see

I do hope they'll use last seasons, most of the people I go with only made the jump last season from 4+ to having all 15

I like to expect the worst outcome, then anything better is a nice bonus - it saves the disappointments in life  :D

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16198 on: March 30, 2021, 07:43:34 am »
But for whatever reason they didnt. So when it come to selling tickets at short notice in December they just sold to those who had done fan update, and the first group guaranteed to have done it was the class of 18/19. It was exceptional rules for exceptional circumstances.

We’re back to normal next season, all being well.

But we are not, its not all going to be magically back to normal.  There will be greater requirement to know who is in the stadium for contact tracing.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16199 on: March 30, 2021, 07:46:21 am »
I'm certainly not advocating for it to go back to 18/19
I'd lose out on MK Dons away credits I got in the members free for all and my first full CL season