Author Topic: PL: Eve 2 vs 0 Liverpool Bran 27’ Lewin 58’  (Read 25682 times)

Online johnathank

• youverymuch
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PL: Eve 2 vs 0 Liverpool Bran 27’ Lewin 58’
« Reply #760 on: April 25, 2024, 08:53:55 am »
Have to say, I probably won’t be watching the documentary.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #761 on: April 25, 2024, 08:53:56 am »
Endo was really bad.

He was ok in second half but game was lost really.

May have been able to salvage a draw if Diaz rattles in that chance.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #762 on: April 25, 2024, 08:54:50 am »
Like your posts then.
I mean, it's a fact.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #763 on: April 25, 2024, 08:55:22 am »
He was ok in second half but game was lost really.

May have been able to salvage a draw if Diaz rattles in that chance.

Yeah its not fair on him but he was bad. His race is run for this season.

Maybe we salvage a draw, but we were awful throughout the game bar 35-50 in the first half.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #764 on: April 25, 2024, 08:57:58 am »
Yeah its not fair on him but he was bad. His race is run for this season.

Maybe we salvage a draw, but we were awful throughout the game bar 35-50 in the first half.

But we should have been leading at HT. That Nunez blast is pathetic.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 08:59:54 am by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #765 on: April 25, 2024, 09:01:33 am »
I mean, it's a fact.

And? Derby's are one off games, the sort of games where form is irrelevant. It doesn't matter if they are at the bottom and we're at the top it's a game which has no form. Yesterday's was a case in point, when you have as many soft free kicks against you that we got, it gives the momentum to them. I will give you another fact, it's taken them 14 years to win a game against us. Pathetic. We can all do facts.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #766 on: April 25, 2024, 09:05:29 am »
It’s not opinion.

It’s whining c*nts who don’t get their own way because we lose a game, labelling players as a disgrace etc.

When the same pricks were wanking themselves stupid three weeks ago when all was rosy.

They are gobshites. Enjoy Slot or whatever his fucking name is, you ungrateful tossers. You’ll never see the like of Jurgen again, and nor do you deserve to.

99% of the fanbase loves Jurgen, what are you on about? I would love nothing more than to see Jurgen sign off on a high. That is not happening and it is frustrating as fuck.

Offline peelyon

• strangefruit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #767 on: April 25, 2024, 09:05:46 am »
Not to harp on at the past - but we really missed Hendo last night.  I love our midfield but there's no natural leader there (more to do with the fact that they're all new signings rather than them as individuals).
Given the atmosphere and the situation at both top and bottom of the league and the importance of the game it really needed someone to keep the game ticking over and keep the lads heads.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #768 on: April 25, 2024, 09:06:33 am »
But we should have been leading at HT. That Nunez blast is pathetic.

We should and we shouldnt. Let’s be honest, we were dog shit for the first 30 minutes. We let them dictate the game on their turns, didnt do anything to disrupt Calvert-Lewin, gave them bags of encouragement and players lost their heads (Konate kicks the ball away from Mac who was clearing in).

Online koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #769 on: April 25, 2024, 09:07:25 am »
And? Derby's are one off games, the sort of games where form is irrelevant. It doesn't matter if they are at the bottom and we're at the top it's a game which has no form. Yesterday's was a case in point, when you have as many soft free kicks against you that we got, it gives the momentum to them. I will give you another fact, it's taken them 14 years to win a game against us. Pathetic. We can all do facts.
We have always gone there as a much stronger side under Klopp and on many occasions have played into their hands, last night being the most obvious example of it.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #770 on: April 25, 2024, 09:08:42 am »
Everton players played like it was a European final, they looked like men possessed. We didn't match their intensity and the belief seems to be totally gone from the team in recent weeks.

That was humiliation last night.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #771 on: April 25, 2024, 09:09:13 am »
While Id happily ship all the players out now, its because the feelings are raw. Problem is Nunez and Salah are still our most productive forwards. Jota as well so its injured all the time. Would feel odd to sell them and keep players like Gakpo and Diaz.

We will probably need to sell the players we will get the most value from to reinvest in the squad. Let's be honest the wages Salah is on and the potential money back we could get on him, it makes sense based on the "FSG model". If we we were sitting on bundles of transfer cash then maybe we could try and get a few more years out of him but we don't. I am not saying Salah is done as a player - he isn't. I don't think he is the same player of 2 or 3 years ago. Let's be honest Mane wasn't the same player when he left. Still a decent player but not quite the same. The problem is reinvesting the money properly and I don't think we have done that too well recently. That's the gamble.

Just to add - not sure if he is carrying an injury but his pace seems to have dropped off a fair bit as well.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #772 on: April 25, 2024, 09:10:34 am »
We have always gone there as a much stronger side under Klopp and on many occasions have played into their hands, last night being the most obvious example of it.

That kind of happens when you have a referee punishing you constantly for endless tackles, at one stage it was 11 free kicks to them and 1 to us. That gives the other team momentum and it's why so many opposition players go down against us, as they know it will be punished. It also means it wrecks our gameplan as it's stop and start all the time.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #773 on: April 25, 2024, 09:10:56 am »
we played the whole game like it was the 90th minute, embarrassing

Offline Jay012345

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • How many topics?
« Reply #774 on: April 25, 2024, 09:13:58 am »
Brought back players that were obviously not match fit. Salah and Slobo, plus persevering with Nunez up top. Not sure why 6 changes were needed after Fulham.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #775 on: April 25, 2024, 09:14:39 am »
Don’t we have an injury crisis every single season now? Time to cut our losses on some players I’m afraid, plus some players have completely failed in the title run in. Abu Dhabi and Arsenal are going to strengthen massively, if we don’t then we won’t be challenging. Simple.
I think a number of factors have come into play in order for us to find ourselves in our current predicament, but the never-ending injury crisis has been a massive one. It's beyond tedious too, because it seems to be happening every season now. The sheer number of injuries we suffer is insane. Jota is great, but it feels like we'll get a game or two out of him then he'll be out again for ages. Look at Thiago. In for one game, out for six months, in for one game, out for six months... A sublime player we see for five minutes a season.

When we are up against a nation state and also the horrendous PGMOL, an endless injury crisis on top is always going to kill us. I mean it's so difficult to maintain any rhythm and consistency. Even after returning from injury, there is a period of time before a player is back in the groove fully. Well, as long as he doesn't get injured yet again whilst doing so.

Of course, some injuries are just bad luck. It happens. But there is something more going on here. Are we buying too many injury prone players, or is a lot of it down to something we are doing, or not doing? I know other clubs have big players out from time to time, but it just seems to be relentless with us.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jόrgen.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #776 on: April 25, 2024, 09:18:10 am »
Fuck me, id forgotten just how bad it is to be inside Woodison when we lose.

They celebrated like they won the league, and after 14 years we can't blame them.  They wanted it more and deserved their win.  (the bastards! :))

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #777 on: April 25, 2024, 09:21:10 am »
16 times in the League this season. That’s not sustainable as I say.

It’s never been fixed and the strikers haven’t been able to bail us out.
It's worse than that, this has been a theme for 2 years now right from the backend of 21/22 till now. Our approach to starting games has been woeful and its 10 times harder to beat a low block side that you've already given a goal too.

These games would have a completely different complexion if they were 0-0 with 30mins to go. At worst we get a draw but generally we would take one chance to win it 1 nil.

It's in complete contrast to how we used to start games, flying out the blocks and bamboozling the opposition.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #778 on: April 25, 2024, 09:24:16 am »

There's too much criticism around of Klopp at the minute and maybe now's not the time to say this in that context, but I've often felt with Goodison and Old Trafford [and you could even argue some of the cup finals we've lost] we've played the occasion and not the game far too much. That's a truly awful everton side out there, and one of the worst united sides I've seen. How we've been turned over by both of them this season I'm not sure anyone could explain to me.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #779 on: April 25, 2024, 09:26:45 am »
We didn’t shit out of any tackles though.

We were a shambles defensively, no tone set at all which has been story of our season, start slowly, begin to get complacent, lose duels, concede, miss chances.

We lost duels all over the pitch, it was back to last season and the start of this which Klopp went mental about, he sorted it then but it's crept back in.]

Ive already pointed out at least half the fouls were fouls, we were naive as fuck.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #780 on: April 25, 2024, 09:27:48 am »
Work is grim. Fuck me work is grim.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #781 on: April 25, 2024, 09:28:12 am »
Today was a bad day to stop sniffing glue.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: April 25, 2024, 09:31:07 am »

Just remind them, it's taken 14 years for them to win at home. That'll shut them up.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #783 on: April 25, 2024, 09:32:53 am »
Today was a bad day to stop sniffing glue.

Just booked tomorrow off ;D

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #784 on: April 25, 2024, 09:34:05 am »
We should and we shouldnt. Let’s be honest, we were dog shit for the first 30 minutes. We let them dictate the game on their turns, didnt do anything to disrupt Calvert-Lewin, gave them bags of encouragement and players lost their heads (Konate kicks the ball away from Mac who was clearing in).

Doesn’t matter if we were bad. You have to take those chances.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #785 on: April 25, 2024, 09:37:29 am »
I think if I see Salah is starting again then I won't bother watching the game. Tricky with the home games as I'll be at the ground, but I think I'd rather just fuck it off and do karaoke instead and cheer myself up.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #786 on: April 25, 2024, 09:40:06 am »
We've gone from doubters to believers and back to doubters again - fans and players alike.

Circle of life.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #787 on: April 25, 2024, 09:40:10 am »
Midfield is still the main problem.

Yep, if we insist on playing the midfield 3 spread wide (perfect example yesterday of Dom & Jones hugging the sidelines all first half), Mac is pulled to one side to support the defense or attack and there's no-one there in the second pivot once the ball is ours again.

It has to go backwards (unless there's someone running in behind, but teams are playing very low Vs us to stop this) to the defense, gets recycled, their defense sets up again, we're back to probing to find a way through.

Inverted FB isn't working just right now, against low-block defensive teams anyway, double pivot should be preferred in-game, but we're so slow to adapt.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #788 on: April 25, 2024, 09:40:52 am »
Yeah. There’s about ten duels we ‘won’ in the first half that they fit free kicks for. And then got slaughtered for being bullied and for conceding too many free kicks.

That said, consistently losing the first header was bad. I know they overload the back post but we didn’t seem to have an answer to it.
We need more of the right sort of physicality for games like this. Too many nice son-in-law's as Souness put it. I don't mean hatchet men, just a proper James Milner type who'll make sure they're not getting a run and jump on set pieces in our box. If VVD isn't winning headers for us defensively, who is? Konate should, but doesn't really, he's more of a ground defender. It might be the difference between us and 115* - they have Rodri to do the bullying, we don't.

Madley was a fucking joke though last night. He gave 3 frees against Jones in our half in the 1st half, each one more ludicrous than the one before. Brian Glover in Kes would have thought 'that's a bit much now'.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #789 on: April 25, 2024, 09:42:58 am »
We need more of the right sort of physicality for games like this. Too many nice son-in-law's as Souness put it. I don't mean hatchet men, just a proper James Milner type who'll make sure they're not getting a run and jump on set pieces in our box. If VVD isn't winning headers for us defensively, who is? Konate should, but doesn't really, he's more of a ground defender. It might be the difference between us and 115* - they have Rodri to do the bullying, we don't.

Madley was a fucking joke though last night. He gave 3 frees against Jones in our half in the 1st half, each one more ludicrous than the one before. Brian Glover in Kes would have thought 'that's a bit much now'.

How is that going to help us when referees are giving the opposition soft free kicks all the time? All that will lead to is sending offs on top of free kicks. Some of their "free kicks" were totally soft, and not something we'd get.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #790 on: April 25, 2024, 09:43:19 am »

Konate does win headers. We have some of the most dominant centrebacks from all the top teams (compare their numbers to City and Arsenal’s numbers). But sometimes a striker can be awkward but we didnt do anything to disrupt him.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #791 on: April 25, 2024, 09:44:53 am »
Konate does win headers. We have some of the most dominant centrebacks from all the top teams (compare their numbers to City and Arsenal’s numbers). But sometimes a striker can be awkward but we didnt do anything to disrupt him.

The goal is just ridiculous.

Konate slices it when Mac is clearing.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #792 on: April 25, 2024, 09:45:16 am »
How is that going to help us when referees are giving the opposition soft free kicks all the time? All that will lead to is sending offs on top of free kicks. Some of their "free kicks" were totally soft, and not something we'd get.

Fuck them. If we are hospitalising and ending careers for c*nts like Grealish then I'm all for it. We get fucking everything given against us every game anyway, I'd like us to be nasty bastards that properly deserve yellows - I'd love us to be kicking fuck out of these c*nts and telling the refs to go and fuck themselves.

Being nice has got us nowhere. Let's be nasty, horrible bastards and force these c*nts into positions where they can't book us any more without abandoning every fucking game.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #793 on: April 25, 2024, 09:48:19 am »
Milner and Hendo helped by being English. That's always worth a huge amount of leeway with these EDL refs. I mean EPL refs. Bit of street smarts and experience would have helped us.

We did miss Miller's savvy though. Our midfield was non-existent, and just someone who pops up for a short pass, circulates the ball, moves it around and adds some control. We seem to go from zero possession to launch attacking balls without building a foundation first.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #794 on: April 25, 2024, 09:58:57 am »
Brought back players that were obviously not match fit. Salah and Slobo, plus persevering with Nunez up top. Not sure why 6 changes were needed after Fulham.

Jota and Gakpo were enforced. So then who else are you bringing back. Konate for Quansah made sense but Ibou obviously had a mate.

Maybe didn’t need to change the entire midfield but think we were trying to freshen up.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #795 on: April 25, 2024, 10:07:56 am »
Rightly called out by VVD

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c19dzjkyn3po

Up until yesterday, I was defending Dominik by saying it was fatigue. But what I saw last night was a player who is setting himself for a loan next season.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #796 on: April 25, 2024, 10:09:25 am »
Rightly called out by VVD

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c19dzjkyn3po

Up until yesterday, I was defending Dominik by saying it was fatigue. But what I saw last night was a player who is setting himself for a loan next season.

Too late to call it out now.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #797 on: April 25, 2024, 10:16:29 am »
People keep saying this the players have let him down, but anyone saying they expected to win the title this season is not being honest. This was a situation we never expected to be in considering what happened last season. Add all the numerous injuries this season as well, players in and out of the team, forcing other players to play more than they otherwise would; I am not entirely surprised we have run out of steam. If we get top four and a cup win, that would have satisfied me considering where we started the season from.

I thought at the start of the season we would win the league if we got  a top class DM.

Offline Bastion Of Invincibility

• Anny Roader
« Reply #798 on: April 25, 2024, 10:30:18 am »
Diaz...'brain dead' ffs were you watching the same game as me. The guy ran his socks off was inches from scoring and was the only one of our team who could walk off and say 'I gave it everything'...people on here jeez.

He misses too many chances for a forward player under Klopp where wide forwards get a lot of scoring opportunities. The majority of the time he's playing with his head down as evidenced by his low assist tally. He's been outscored by the likes of Gordon, Hwang, Bailey and Trossard in the Premier League. I call him brain dead because his technique and workrate and world class but it means nothing if they can't be converted to end product.

Online Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #799 on: April 25, 2024, 10:33:53 am »
We looked like we'd gone stale last season (a ageing midfield wasn't the only issue) and had a boost with the new younger signings this season up to March but the signs have been there along the way that we still aren't performing consistently like 4 years ago and it's eventually caught up with us and more importantly it's caught up with Jurgen. Not many managers can give so much over so long without it catching up to them or the team as whole, Ferguson only managed it imo as he kept changing it up behind the scenes and brought in different people to run training for him thus keeping it fresh.

I'd rather keep Klopp and give him a total new team to freshen things up to be honest but it's not to be, let's just give him the send off he deserves for the remaining games now and forget everything else.