Author Topic: Marketing!  (Read 872 times)

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
Marketing!
« on: October 21, 2008, 08:18:24 am »
Ive just opened my own t-shirt shop using spreadshirt, so far ive had a 100 views but not 1 single purcahse, any ideas how i can spread the word round and get selling?? Here's the site btw

http://clubgear.spreadshirt.net  :)

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Re: Marketing!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 08:36:59 am »
Ive just opened my own t-shirt shop using spreadshirt, so far ive had a 100 views but not 1 single purcahse, any ideas how i can spread the word round and get selling?? Here's the site btw

The first 6 t-shirts are the worst on the site .. initial pictures should be the best ones .. to be honest their not that eye catching ..
Would go with t-shirts that just show a picture , something funny and eye catching IMO.
Think if you got pictures of the tops on some good looking people they might sell better  ;)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 08:40:34 am by rocco »

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 08:48:49 am »
I cant put pictures of the t-shirts on people just the designs as they are now! thats how spreadshirt works im afraid, what i could do is create a site and put the that shop bit in one frame and create a proper site around it, what you think??

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 08:54:47 am »
I cant put pictures of the t-shirts on people just the designs as they are now! thats how spreadshirt works im afraid, what i could do is create a site and put the that shop bit in one frame and create a proper site around it, what you think??

To be honest the t-shirts with just the text seem just lazy design and wouldn't interest most people IMO.But hat off to you for for what your doing ..
The only one i like is the head phone one  .. the girls vest tops seem a bit dated IMO .. but then i haven't gone to a rave in years ;)

Are you limiting yourself by calling the site club gear ? maybe another name that could help you sell a bigger range if t-shirts for  the age group of 15-35.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 08:56:44 am »
Well its hard to come up with other designs! they charge extra to have images plus other people will design commision to use there designs, Maybe i should re-arrange it so the good ones are on the 1st page!

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 09:01:12 am »
Well its hard to come up with other designs! they charge extra to have images plus other people will design commision to use there designs, Maybe i should re-arrange it so the good ones are on the 1st page!
http://www.zazzle.com/clubbing+tops+tshirts

http://www.zazzle.com/clubbing+tshirts

Not saying these are great either . but more on the line of what will sell IMO ..

Think if your going with club gear , you should be catering for the Gay Client ;)

Use you own DESIGN ...  keep a note pad with you and jot down any idea's .. have a good look at loads of sites and get a feel for what is selling ..

Doesn't seem to be  any great sites for club gear .. so if you get it right , you could make a few £££££££££

If your able ,  think i would go with your own web page .. that can show proper t-shirts on people .
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 09:10:22 am by rocco »

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 09:07:59 am »
them designs are worse than mine lol

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 09:09:12 am »
them designs are worse than mine lol

;D

Like i said there not great .. think there's a market out there for you to sell , if you come up with some nice stuff . and good quality tops .

Best of luck .
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 09:11:13 am by rocco »

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 09:14:47 am »
Well im on  a few clubbing sites trying to sell them no interest yet though!

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
  • Super Title: Loves Ron Dennis
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 09:58:23 am »
Get a web address that sounds appealing and use it purely to link to that site......a glorified splash page if you want.
If you have the resources go to town with mini cards printed with the site address on it and canvas the clubbers. Look for clubbing podcasts, email the hosts and see if they will promote your site....maybe offer a t-shirt or 2 for free in competitions.

Offline Xabidodger

• Kopite
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 06:28:58 pm »
Mqay I suggerst Googlead, their web optimizings tools are excellent seeing where people jumpo off your site. It can also put up dummy pages and test for the best.
"All that I know surely about morality and the obligations of man, I owe to football" Albert Camus

Offline wacko

• Keepsh a shecret gottle of Shcotch in hish top drawer. Cunning linguist and ical genius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 08:15:27 pm »
Can you redo me one of the shirts as "Dancing fuck machine"?
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 08:26:29 pm »

Id suggest posting on a forum site somewhere that you might frequent, that has a lot of users.

Oh.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline AdamR

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2008, 08:28:01 pm »
clubbing forums would be a start

Offline LFC on tour

• Lawn Mower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2008, 11:55:24 pm »
Youve got some decent t-shirts there..

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2008, 12:45:16 am »
Shirts are not bad at all mate, I wouldnt wear them like because they wouldnt suit me, they shouldnt be too hard to sell. Id sell the majority of them in the dinner hour outside the college here! Its harder to sell online really I think. I just sling the boxes of fake shite I get in the van and hang around the college and normally come away a lot wealthier and without the majority of stuff I took with me!
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline jim.

• Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2008, 01:53:51 am »
You gonna do a RAWK discount as i like the plain headphones one's as they have nothing to do with raving which im not into.

An the pillheadz one on the other site  :lmao

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2008, 02:09:26 am »
clubbing forums would be a start
Already on a few!

Any ideas for some more designs?