Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
News and Current Affairs / Re: Sexual Abuser Donald Trump Indicted
« Last post by SamLad on Today at 06:27:12 pm »
What about Ari Mellber mate - he's superb.
he is good, for sure.
« Last post by SamLad on Today at 06:26:55 pm »
I generally like MSNBC but Joe Scarborough drives me up the effing wall, as does Rachel Maddow.  both of them are totally in love with the sound of their own voice.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Last post by DonkeyWan on Today at 06:26:49 pm »
Hah, demob happy. CL guaranteed, league an impossibility, took his time and leisurely shot TNT  (what a wanker's name) to death. My only regret is he didn't finish with "...and Jake Humpphrey's is a turbo c*nt"
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by Eeyore on Today at 06:24:36 pm »
Are you arguing Slot won't want him because that's a stretch
Klopp is the godfather of the modern high press and he built an attack round Salah - if you want to work at the top level you have to be able to adjust for high production forwards who don't press that effectively

I think it is a really interesting question.

Klopp built an attack around Salah when he was one of the quickest players on the planet. He gave us an out ball and Firmino dropping gave Mane and Salah plenty of opportunities to make out to in runs into the space Firmino vacated. It worked because Firmino was an absolute pressing machine but could also drop in and become an extra midfield player when required.

Salah's slowing has been accompanied by our transitioning to a more possession-based team. We have also recruited Nunez who gives us an electric line breaking forward.

The question now is whether Slot adapts his methods and we continue as a possession-based team with a slower build-up which gives Salah the opportunity to continue as a playmaker. Or the team adapts and we become a high-intensity pressing team that looks to win the ball really high up the pitch.

For me Slot wants to invite teams to press us in our defensive and middle thirds so we can play through them and attack with real speed. When we get the ball in the final third we then want to be able to press with huge intensity and keep the ball there the way City do.

I am not sure how Salah fits into that.
It would be a disaster for London. But at the same time, the perfect cautionary tale for Labour going into the GE.

Hopefully he scrapes through and they can use the experience for that as well.
General Football and Sport / Re: Formula 1 2024 season
« Last post by TepidT2O on Today at 06:22:41 pm »
Blue on a Ferrari…. Desecration
« Last post by John C on Today at 06:22:34 pm »
O'Donnell can be insufferable.* Maddow has returned to her say everything three times in a different way for effect shtick.** Morning Joe is generally very good, with many good guests. And Chris Hayes is quite brilliant - an all-round excellent presenter.

* O'Donnell is still miles ahead of most presenters at CNN, for example.
** Maddow switched way from this shtick during the Trump presidency (maybe because there was too much to get through). But she returned to it since then. I end up just shouting at the screen for her to 'get on with it!' :) Away from The Rachel Maddow Show, she's excellent too.
What about Ari Mellber mate - he's superb.
Why on earth would anyone vote for that awful Susan Hall woman?
General Football and Sport / Re: NBA Discussion
« Last post by Lynndenberries on Today at 06:20:37 pm »
I know the teams in West are more skilled but loving the toughness in the North East teams especially the knicks. Pacers are a dark horse
For the title? Can't see it. They are allergic to playing defense.
Let’s just imagine that the current ground was sitting  on a footprint which was relatively unrestricted in terms of further expansion.
If we were to repeat a MS on the SKD and a AR type single tier replacing the kop.
Anyone have a clue what capacity would be then?
Would look amazing but would have thought that capacity would not improve massively given the upgrade would be to modern standards.
I’m not dismissing the fact in cannot happen. I’m just bored really and a little curious.

You can’t do that exactly because the lower tier of each was retained with new tiers above. The SKD has already had that treatment, turning the Kemlyn Road into the lower centenary with a new tier above so you’d either knock down the upper and do a larger version or build new from scratch.

But… if you ignore all the realities and could match the stands you’d have Main and SKD around 20,000 each and Anny Road and Kop at 16,000 each. So 72,000. It would be great to try and make the Kop the biggest stand again but that would only be possible with proper standing like the Yellow Wall which could add another 7-8,000.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10