Author Topic: Tony Pulis has left Stoke (and Palace now)  (Read 60578 times)

Offline LincsRedbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Hold your head up high
Re: Tony Pulis has left Stoke
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2013, 04:02:30 pm »
Good with a small budget at a smaller club. Lost an FA Cup final and bombed out of Europe.......Mmmmm i bet the Mancs are gutted they missed out!!
Fought them all the way. Proud to be amongst some great supporters.

SOS member 4969        12.09.12 JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2013, 04:04:10 pm »
Can't see Rafa going to Stoke, when he is linked with PSG, Napoli and Man City. However it is close to his family and they have a lot of money and it would show his managerial ability if he was to take them into the top 8 and win trophies with them. But alas their fans are god awful and loved Pulis so there is no hope.

Loved is right. The past tense. They're ready for a new love, preferably Spanish.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/214200/rafa-proper-project-build#

So ready, that the new manager thread on their forum excluded Rafa on the basis that he would sweep it.

Like you, don't think it'll happen. At this stage of his career, he'll be looking for a club that can give him a chance at trophies, even if not the best chance. He may say about 'projects' in the media, but really, he's beginning the age where he should be trying to sweep the main prizes.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2013, 04:07:28 pm »
Might throw a cheeky little fiver on O'Neill taking over at Stoke.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline G1-tiga

• Kopite
« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2013, 04:07:52 pm »
No more shithouse stoke football? Fergie gone and David 'winner' Moyes at United?

I died didn't I? Died and somehow got into heaven...

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2013, 04:21:43 pm »
Wasn't there a story a while ago about Peter Coates (who's name I'm pronouncing like our Sebastian - that's how I roll) being an admirer of Rafa, and has consulted him in the past about various things?

I believe Rafa's spent some time there in between the Inter and Chelsea jobs.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2013, 04:26:18 pm »
I think I would keel over and die with laughter if he gets the Everton job. Please make this happen Bill
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2013, 04:27:44 pm »
I think I would keel over and die with laughter if he gets the Everton job. Please make this happen Bill

You suicidal or something.  :o
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Port_vale_lad

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2013, 04:28:03 pm »
Strange really
Working with a load of stokies half are gutted,half are celebrating,thought they would all be glad to see the back of him.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2013, 04:29:41 pm »
I guess this means all those foreigners can play on a wednesday night again...
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2013, 04:30:25 pm »
Think it's the right time for this. Their form has been truly awful since December and he seems to have taken them as far as he can.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2013, 04:35:05 pm »
My Stokie mates want Rafa, it's a huge stretch, I just can't see it. I'd say they and Everton will be looking at a similar set of managers, although Stoke can actually afford to pay for someone.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2013, 04:35:26 pm »
Strange really
Working with a load of stokies half are gutted,half are celebrating,thought they would all be glad to see the back of him.
One I know is a bit 50/50 but seems as the PL (aka "the greatest league in the world") is what it is all about (© Sky Sports) would you rather go down with a manager you liked who played good football or survive in the prem playing shite ? Think that's the issue they are struggling with.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2013, 04:36:21 pm »
Like I said wishful thinking.

Offline ManchesterBlue

• Hologram fan with digital flag 'full members cup runners up 1986'.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blue Moon, you saw me standing alone
Re: Re: Tony Pulis has left Stoke
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2013, 04:37:22 pm »
Strange really
Some thought he was shit but others thought Stoke actually over achieved under Pulis and fear for their future without him. Quite a few see it both ways.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2013, 04:38:44 pm »
Rafa at 7/4 fav on Paddy Power and 32Red just stopped taking bets on it.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2013, 04:39:54 pm »
Rafa at 7/4 fav on Paddy Power and 32Red just stopped taking bets on it.

Fuck that.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2013, 04:43:09 pm »
Fuck that.

Wouldn't it be unethical for Bet365 to be taking bets for that? They might make enough cash to pay Rafa by the looks of it. ;D

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2013, 04:43:25 pm »
No way Rafa would go to Stoke. Not a chance
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2013, 04:46:26 pm »
Why would a man like Rafa who has won the trophies he has go to fucking Stoke?.....bizarre to say the least, that club is a perfect fit for O'Neil or Hughes.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2013, 04:47:50 pm »
Anyone suggesting Rafa to Stoke HAS to be on a wind up... Has to be.

Valencia, Liverpool, Inter Milan, Chelsea..........Stoke

Why on earth would he fucking go there?  Liverpool FC are having problems attracting major talent due to no European football so why would STOKE suddenly attract one of the top 10 managers on the planet???

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2013, 04:48:35 pm »
Some thought he was shit but others thought Stoke actually over achieved under Pulis and fear for their future without him. Quite a few see it both ways.

And the problem is that Pulis has been there so long buying his own particular type of player that it will be quite a rebuilding job, trying to get the likes of Glenn Whelan and Dean Whitehead to actually pass the ball rather than lump it.
I wouldn't be surprised to see if a new manager - even if it was Jurgen bloody Klopp - tried to revolutionise their football right away they'd be in the relegation zone around November.

There's a huge lack of goals in their squad - top league scorer was Walters with 8 (probably half penalties) with Crouch on 7. Next? 3 goals.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2013, 04:49:54 pm »
Rafa seriously cannot be that desperate, unless the media are just making him out to be?

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2013, 04:50:01 pm »
Do they try and change the style now or get someone similar in?

Difficult to change a teams style, as Sammy Lee found out when he tried to make Fat Sam's Bolton actually kick the ball.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 04:52:11 pm by tommyLFC »
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: May 21, 2013, 04:58:17 pm »
Fuck that.

He's also favourite for the PSG, Schalke and Napoli job though. So....

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #104 on: May 21, 2013, 04:59:34 pm »
Wealthy owners, blank canvas, near to his home, patient chairman....?

Why wouldn't he?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: May 21, 2013, 05:02:55 pm »
The Stoke fans deserve some credit for being excited at the prospect at least.

And the football wouldn't be that different....

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #106 on: May 21, 2013, 05:05:39 pm »

Why wouldn't he?

I was just about to question "wealthy owners" but thinking about it.... Crouch, Palacios, Cameron Jerome, Charlie Adam... he actually spent a lot didn't he?

I hope Rafa won't go there. But there would be no pressure on him (which would be a relief after the madness of Chelsea and Inter) and he'd be given his time. But even if he was to work wonders, top  7 even looks a huge ask.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: May 21, 2013, 05:11:24 pm »
Mourinho leaves Real Madrid and the very next day Pulis leaves Stoke. Coincidence? I think not.

Offline Po The Panda

• Keyboard Narcoleptic. Has Christiano Ronaldo as his profile picture. Stuck with this name. You could call it his legacy.....wants to pop a caps lock in yo ass.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Real Username: LEGACY
« Reply #108 on: May 21, 2013, 05:16:30 pm »

Why wouldn't he?
Top 6-8 the best they could ever achieve sounds like a  mediocre boring job considering the clubs he's managed.

Their never going to break into top 4 or challenge for the league.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: May 21, 2013, 05:20:23 pm »
Mourinho leaves Real Madrid and the very next day Pulis leaves Stoke. Coincidence? I think not.

Fucking hell imagine the look on those Chelsea gobshites faces if Maureen signed for Stoke.

One can dream that The Special One's already very loose slate finally falls off and he did actually head for the Potteries. :)

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: May 21, 2013, 05:23:06 pm »
Anyone suggesting Rafa to Stoke HAS to be on a wind up... Has to be.

Valencia, Liverpool, Inter Milan, Chelsea..........Stoke

Why on earth would he fucking go there?  Liverpool FC are having problems attracting major talent due to no European football so why would STOKE suddenly attract one of the top 10 managers on the planet???

London, Paris, Milan, Stoke.

It's a beautiful place to live.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: May 21, 2013, 05:42:05 pm »
Personally I'll not be happy til this shithouse, and his "footballing philosophy" are no longer part of the Premier League, he'd be a perfect fit at Woodison, given that he's replacing a manager that won fuck all.

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #112 on: May 21, 2013, 05:48:47 pm »
Mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, he got us into the prem and kept us there, on the other, I think a relegation scrap could be on the cards next season. Excited and anxious at the same time. Thanks for everything Tone, but I think the time is right. Would love Rafa, but I think that is wishful thinking.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2013, 05:49:54 pm »
Bit concerned that he may get the Everton job.......as his appointment would almost certainly be the catalyst for a seizure inducing bout of prolonged, hysterical, piss-me-kecks laughter...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #114 on: May 21, 2013, 06:11:02 pm »
Bit concerned that he may get the Everton job.......as his appointment would almost certainly be the catalyst for a seizure inducing bout of prolonged, hysterical, piss-me-kecks laughter...
Tony Pulis getting the Everton job would send me into spasmodic yet powerful fits of glorious sensations all over. He'd quickly sign one of Huth or Shawcross (probably the former due to the budget) and use Naismith as his new Walters. He'd sign a CM to play LB like Wilson at Stoke, and freeze out the likes of Mirallas as he did Tuncay because flair players are a big no-no. Anichebe is his wet dream.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #115 on: May 21, 2013, 06:27:59 pm »
Thank fuck for that.... now if he goes to Everton, I guess that means the scouser with the lamp has used up all his wishes  ;D
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline unknownuser

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #116 on: May 21, 2013, 06:49:17 pm »
Excellent...next stop Everton.  :wellin

Offline SheikhMo

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #117 on: May 21, 2013, 06:52:32 pm »
Thank god.
"If you're struggling in a game you can either do two things, send your centre back (Robert Huth) up front as a centre forward or use Luis Garcia between the lines." - Rafa Benitez

Offline RedHopper

• Hopping to a mightily lofty position and enjoying the view. If only custom titles could be in proportion to the member's average post length? My, what fun we could have! Imagine the sheer edification to be derived from testing the character limi
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: May 21, 2013, 07:03:13 pm »
They played really awful football to watch, but the most peculiar thing about pullis was his huge enormous raging hard-on for buying players in their late 20's early 30;s, who were all over 6 foot tall. Because no-one else ever wanted these players, they wound up having to keep them until their contracts expired.

During the course of this season, they shifted diao, woodgate, fuller collins, arismendi, tonge and higginbotham. This summer the contracts of owen, nash, whitehead, upson, pennant, delap and sidibe all expire.  Then you have maurice edu and wilson palacios who have hardly kicked a ball for the club, and cameron jerome and kenwyn jones have to be on the way out. A new manager will a largely blank slate, with a makings of the foundations of a decent premiership club. Throw in the extra tv money, and you're looking at a turnover around £100 million, the ability to spend around 60 million on wages, and a reasonable chunk to spend on transfers.

It's not a job for the likes of rafa to take over in a million years, but it would be a good place for a manager on the way up to make a name. They have no debt, 'passionate' support, and a lot of other things going for them. Indeed it is rather nicely set up for someone to come along and make tony pullis look very bad indeed.

Offline simply_red

• Holding back the tears. Of negativity. Utter negativity.
  • Kopite
« Reply #119 on: May 21, 2013, 07:05:28 pm »
I hope they have just done 'a Wolverhampton'.
kopblocks.com

FSG out.