Author Topic: Clement Sacked  (Read 5473 times)

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Clement Sacked
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2017, 08:37:13 am »
Give it Teverton
bollocks

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2017, 09:08:14 am »
Didn't they sack the last guy just before they played us in January? They got the new manager "bounce" in that game too.

It was the other way round, if I remember correctly - Swansea put in a really strong performance against us in Guidolin's final match last autumn.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2017, 09:10:50 am »
They've sounded out Koeman, apparently. For a fucking myriad of reasons he'd be a nightmare appointment. A name, but a fucking nightmare appointment.

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2017, 09:14:32 am »
Bollocks was hoping he'd make it until Boxing Day.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2017, 09:20:10 am »
Be very interesting if that happens. It will just go to show that "philosophy" is less important than "results", and all the bumpf about clubs with a "DNA" is really a load of rubbish when that "DNA" threatens the results and status of the club itself.

Not really. Swansea haven't stuck to their old passing 'DNA' or 'philosophy' since replacing Laudrup with Garry Monk, who introduced a far more cautious, counter-attacking style. They've scored 10 goals this season, comfortably the fewest in the league.

Offline Juneau

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2017, 09:24:52 am »
I can't see what Clement could have done with the resources available to him to improve things. I made this post in the PL thread after the Everton game the other night:

Look at the amount of failed PL players in the side out there:

Dyer - Scored 4 goals in PL since 2014/15 (played as a winger in a front 3, alongside Narsingh who hasn't scored since he has been at Swansea)
Naughton - Failed to make it at Spurs
Fer - Relegated with Norwich
Olsson - Relgated with Norwich
Clucas - Relegated with Hull (they paid £15m for him this summer!)
Ayew - Relegated with Villa
Carroll - Age 25, 52 PL appearances to his name. Ben Davies is at a similar age with 139 PL games played.

Their only talent right now looks like Mawson (and that is pushing it), as Abraham is a loan signing. You have to wonder what the management and ownership of the club has been doing to let go of talents like Allen, Davies as well as proven PL players like Sigurdsson, Williams (he's nothing now, but was a solid player for Swansea), Shelvey and Andre Ayew go without decent replacements coming in, whilst keeping hold of old and finished players such as Dyer, Routledge and Britton.

I think their time has been coming for a few seasons now and sadly, I think they are doomed right now.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2017, 09:30:39 am »
Martinez, Koeman, De Boer, van Gaal etc... linked. Maybe they won't go the Pulis route.

I think this is where a Club like Swansea will find it really hard. They have a philosophy and a certain style they want to play but it's arguably time a new manager needs to implement something like that. Whereas the rough and tumble of a Tony Pulis or Sam Allardyce is probably instant results.

Be interesting to see how true they stick to their roots. Could have seen them going for someone like Mark Hughes, if he was available.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2017, 09:33:42 am »
So their plan to get out of relegation, is to go for Koeman or Bilic. Two manager's that dragged better sides into the relegation fight. Great logic.
AHA!

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2017, 09:36:14 am »
So their plan to get out of relegation, is to go for Koeman or Bilic. Two manager's that dragged better sides into the relegation fight. Great logic.

American owners.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2017, 11:25:22 am »
Mark Hughes next?
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2017, 11:41:51 am »
It was the other way round, if I remember correctly - Swansea put in a really strong performance against us in Guidolin's final match last autumn.

Just looked it up, bizarrely we're both correct. Guidolin was sacked a couple of days after we beat them away, they appointed Bob Bradley who barely lasted a couple of months and was sacked shortly before the return game.  They ran their socks off in both games, a stark contrast to how they played against anyone else.  No doubt they'll be snapping at heels and throwing bodies in the way of shots again this time.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2017, 12:52:23 pm »

Online Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2017, 12:56:03 pm »
Get Rodgers back. Celtic are clearly on the decline.

At this rate, they'll never win again. :)
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Online Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2017, 01:07:12 pm »
Martinez, Koeman, De Boer, van Gaal etc... linked. Maybe they won't go the Pulis route.

I think this is where a Club like Swansea will find it really hard. They have a philosophy and a certain style they want to play but it's arguably time a new manager needs to implement something like that. Whereas the rough and tumble of a Tony Pulis or Sam Allardyce is probably instant results.

Be interesting to see how true they stick to their roots. Could have seen them going for someone like Mark Hughes, if he was available.

I hope they don't go Pullis. When they were promoted from the Championship they seemed well-run and unlike so many other promoted clubs would actually play football. Koeman would be a decent fit after what he did at Southampton and they'd still play football. Plus his ego has been cut down to size and he has something to prove.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2017, 02:05:28 pm »
Bloody hell Ryan Giggs has ruled himself out.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2017, 02:06:40 pm »
Bloody hell Ryan Giggs has ruled himself out.

He only deserves the top jobs to be fair.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2017, 02:51:12 pm »
He only deserves the top jobs to be fair.

To be fair he's probably bracing for the inevitable Matt Lauer accusations to start against him

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2017, 07:36:33 pm »
Do they look worse than Villa 2 years ago or am I showing off my short memory?  Swansea looked baddddddddd
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2017, 07:39:07 pm »
Villa two years ago were a special kind of sh1te, Swansea while poor at least showed some intent.

Anyone else think Monk may end up back at Swansea?
Justice for the 96!

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2017, 07:40:45 pm »
But I thought teams always gave us a game after sacking their manager? ???

;D

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2017, 07:45:07 pm »
They really do look bad. No surprise really as they sold Llorente and Sigurdsson and never really replaced them properly. They just don't score enough goals now.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2017, 07:46:01 pm »
I honestly think we can take Renato Sanches off Bayern. He has no future there and Kloppo could turn him into a beast like he showed at Benfica.  :D

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2017, 08:04:02 pm »
Do they look worse than Villa 2 years ago or am I showing off my short memory?  Swansea looked baddddddddd
Not sure about that. They're not at the point of ironically celebrating corners yet.