Author Topic: Internet Dating (Careful now)  (Read 164632 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Internet Dating (Careful now)
« Reply #160 on: December 22, 2014, 04:54:50 pm »
Out of curiosity, what's the average age in here of those who've had decent experiences with dating sites/ apps?

36 met 2 girlfriends online. Although considering i'm still single that's not a ringing endorsement.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #161 on: December 22, 2014, 05:01:59 pm »
What planes does she have?

40EE . I think Boeing made them ;)
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #162 on: December 22, 2014, 05:03:07 pm »
40EE . I think Boeing made them ;)

Haha. Do you prefer an aisle or window seat? *

* I have no idea what that means.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #163 on: December 22, 2014, 05:03:57 pm »
Uh ill take any aisle mate :)
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #164 on: December 22, 2014, 05:04:09 pm »
Another story is when a lad bought her dinner and then half way through started telling her how they were going to go back to his for a shag after the meal? She tells him she never sleeps with a lad on the first date and he proceeds to stand up, tell her she's a stuck-up cow and asks her to leave.

A couple of hours later she's at home and gets a text from that same lad saying "Sex?"

Hahaha, worth a try I suppose. ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #165 on: December 22, 2014, 05:49:27 pm »

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: December 22, 2014, 06:08:25 pm »
Out of curiosity, what's the average age in here of those who've had decent experiences with dating sites/ apps?

Met my GF when I was 25.

Offline kopite.keith

• Offical OAP
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: December 22, 2014, 06:22:27 pm »
Haha. Do you prefer an aisle or window seat?

Much better off in the cockpit... ;)
When in Rome...

Offline The Playmaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: December 22, 2014, 07:28:28 pm »
Some truly odd people in the world.

I remember my x telling me she met someone online went on the date and he was sitting down watching the tv, she arrived he told her to stand up for a bit then turn around (she did) he looked her up and down and said "yep you could definitely be number 98" she poured his drink over his head and left.
That Barney Stinson is a character, isn't he?

Offline The Playmaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: December 22, 2014, 07:29:14 pm »
By far the worst date I have been on...
:lmao

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #170 on: December 22, 2014, 07:33:24 pm »
Hahaha, worth a try I suppose. ;D

Poor guy, probably kept thinking back to all the advice that women love men to be spontaneous and this is the thanks he gets.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #171 on: December 22, 2014, 07:58:10 pm »

It's going alright for me and I'm 24, though it could yet transpire that he's into bestiality.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #172 on: December 22, 2014, 08:00:18 pm »
It's going alright for me and I'm 24, though it could yet transpire that he's into bestiality.

Ah, God bless that thread!

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #173 on: December 22, 2014, 08:09:38 pm »
Ah, God bless that thread!

Funniest thread ever.

Long as it's not snails though, you're okay.

;D

Offline tanvir

• Kopite
« Reply #174 on: December 22, 2014, 08:39:18 pm »
How the bloody hell do you start a convo with one of these women?

Good opening lines?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #175 on: December 22, 2014, 08:44:41 pm »

Good opening lines?

It's a cliché, but try and be original.  Pick up on something from their profile and use that.  Having said that, when I was on dating websites, I did the same and only got a response from about 20% of the girls on there.  You can come up with all the best lines but a lot of it will come down to whether they like your pictures, outlook on life, ambitions, etc or not.

So use fake pictures.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 09:10:43 pm by tubby »
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #176 on: December 22, 2014, 09:31:16 pm »

Good opening lines?

it's a numbers game, unless they're munters they'll be getting loads of messages a day and will only reply to you if they fancy you, simple as

i used to try being original and mention something in their profile but don't think it makes any difference to be honest, also 99.9% of women who message me only say hi or hey and i just chat to those who i like the look of, which isn't many as i seem to attract women who are 5-10 years older and wear worse clobber than my ma

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: December 22, 2014, 09:33:45 pm »
I use a generic message. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #178 on: December 22, 2014, 10:03:01 pm »
it's a numbers game, unless they're munters they'll be getting loads of messages a day and will only reply to you if they fancy you, simple as

i used to try being original and mention something in their profile but don't think it makes any difference to be honest, also 99.9% of women who message me only say hi or hey and i just chat to those who i like the look of, which isn't many as i seem to attract women who are 5-10 years older and wear worse clobber than my ma

Started mine by saying "Hello :)" like a twat, because I didn't know what else to do. He ended up asking me out. Then again, I'm pretty divs. *cough*

Offline tanvir

• Kopite
« Reply #179 on: December 22, 2014, 10:32:27 pm »
I guess on the free ones it's less likely that they'll reply.

I don't bother with the paid ones, there's loads of companies doing speed dating in Notts for about 15 quid a time- better use of the money!  It's worked very well for me before. At least they can't ignore you in person, haha.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: December 22, 2014, 10:36:25 pm »
I guess on the free ones it's less likely that they'll reply.

I don't bother with the paid ones, there's loads of companies doing speed dating in Notts for about 15 quid a time- better use of the money!  It's worked very well for me before. At least they can't ignore you in person, haha.

Never been married have you ;)

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: December 22, 2014, 10:42:05 pm »
it's a numbers game,

That it is. And as such quite time consuming.

I went on date with a girl off POF a while ago who had written up a questionnaire on her profile. Made it really easy sending the first message because it was like filling in the blanks in a conversation.

Date went really well too, easily the best first date I've ever had. Didn't get a second as I forgot to ask her for her number, and when I went on POF to try and get it she'd deleted her profile like some kind of one woman Brigadoon. But we live and learn.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #182 on: December 22, 2014, 10:53:29 pm »

I went on date with a girl off POF a while ago who had written up a questionnaire on her profile. Made it really easy sending the first message because it was like filling in the blanks in a conversation.

Date went really well too, easily the best first date I've ever had. Didn't get a second as I forgot to ask her for her number, and when I went on POF to try and get it she'd deleted her profile like some kind of one woman Brigadoon. But we live and learn.

Do you think the date went so well that she decided you were the one, and immediately rushed home to delete the POF account? She probably cried for days when you didn't make contact again

That's pretty shitty of you man

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #183 on: December 22, 2014, 11:05:52 pm »
Yeah, that was my sister, you dick! She was well torn up about it.  :no

I'm not a genius but that's a bit daft thing to say. ;D

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #184 on: December 23, 2014, 06:57:38 am »
Started mine by saying "Hello :)" like a twat, because I didn't know what else to do. He ended up asking me out. Then again, I'm pretty divs. *cough*

did you just say hello or follow it up with something funny or interesting though?

all i get 99.9% of the time is hi or hey, nothing else, not sure if there's something in the water around here (south yorkshire) but the vast majority of women i talk to online are either unable to string more than 3 words together or are very shy/don't give much away to the point it's like trying to break through a 6 foot thick concrete wall with a toffee hammer, i'm a fairly patient bloke and don't go in all guns blazing demanding a date straight away and am always polite and respectful so it's nothing like that that puts them off, i'm 43 and tend to go for women around 38-44 so might be an age thing? like they see it as a good way to meet someone but aren't as comfortable using social networking as people in their 20's?

can chat to women from miles away and have no problems, don't know if it's cos i seem less of a threat and won't be knocking on their door in 10 minutes or what?

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #185 on: December 23, 2014, 09:37:06 am »

Alternatively, you freaked her out that much, She decided to renounce the internet, cut all comms with males and become a lesbian?

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #186 on: December 23, 2014, 01:27:35 pm »

Met a girl through online dating when I was 25. I'd been single for about a year at the time.

Two and a bit years later and I'm now engaged to that same girl and getting married in 8 months so I suppose it's gone alright.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: December 23, 2014, 01:45:00 pm »
Met a girl through online dating when I was 25. I'd been single for about a year at the time.

Two and a bit years later and I'm now engaged to that same girl and getting married in 8 months so I suppose it's gone alright.

Or badly, depending on how you look at it ;)

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: December 23, 2014, 02:28:05 pm »
By far the worst date I have been on was a few years back when I had been chatting to this woman off POF. Her profile pic was literally her eye, and she refused to send me any other pics, so alarm bells should have been ringing from the off. Anyhow, she was a carer for the elderly and worked mad hours. Long story short she messages me and said she has a few hours free from work and did I fancy meeting up? Thinking I was gonna fill me boots we agreed to meet up in a pub car park by ours - golden rule of internet dating, never reveal your address!
So am sat in this alehouse with a pint waiting for her to rock up in the car when I gets a text, "hope you dont mind, but I have had to bring Tommy with me". Tommy was a 90+ resident she looked after and often took him out for a drive.
As she had a quirky sense of humour I dismissed it as a joke....until she pulled onto the carpark with what appeared to be a corpse riding in the passenger seat!!!!

Goes out and gets in the back seat and she said to me, "oh am really sorry about this, but Tommy wont mind" - then she turns to the old duffer and says, "Tommy, say hello to Andy - he's me bit of rough from Huyton!"
'Tommy' just grunted at me whilst looking like Albert Steptoe after 20 pints!

It was also noticed why she had used an eyeball as her profile picture - the desciption 'curvy' was a bit of a fib!! We agreed to nip to The Childwall Fiveways for a bit of grub for Steptoe and her after she said, I only have him for another hour then you can come back to ours.
Imagine my horror when we get in the Fiveways and Tommy starts making noises like bull on heat and she proceeds to spoon feed him his bangers and mash!

In her haste to feed Tommy his nosebag, the poor old sod gags on his meal and sprays a mixture of mash, bangers and half a pint of Spitfire which I had bought him, over her and the table.

Being the man that I am, I quietly said to her I'll just go and ask the barmaid for a cloth, left my pint and walked out the ale house and into a cab!!!

:lmao :lmao

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: December 23, 2014, 02:30:14 pm »
She probably cried for days when you didn't make contact again

I'll take that as a compliment.

you dick!

And that. Beggars can't be choosers.

become a lesbian?

I hadn't thought of it like that. I'm going to have a long hard think about that right now. Back in 5.  :wave

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: December 23, 2014, 02:46:19 pm »
;D stratford

That'd be the norm there mate.  ;D

/

My worst experience was last year. Met a beautiful girl a few years older than me, a nurse and seemed to like the same things/want the same things. She lived relatively closely and so we decided to meet last minute. Basically everywhere was booked (restaurants) so I didn't know what to do and ended up deciding to take her Crazy Golf as there was nothing else to do.

Went to her place and she walked out with her puppy, plonked him in my arms and said "meet Sebastian". I kinda half-smiled half-grimaced. I'd never, ever held a dog before. I'm basically shit scared of animals in general and I didn't know what to do. I was basically holding it like a used baby diaper. Thankfully the dog didn't come with us.

Drove to Crazy Golf place and I walked out the car and without thinking pressed the lock key. I had locked her inside. She looked horrified poor girl. I guess I was so used to driving alone that I didn't even think about it.

Ended up playing all 18 holes, whilst it was windy, slightly raining and basically the worst weather to be outside in.

We later then went to a milkshake place and had the most amount of fat-boy food possible and a fairly good conversation. She was white, I'm Indian, and at one point she said she "doesn't like working with Nigerian nurses because they're all lazy". I didn't really know what to say as it was the most random racial stereotype ever.

Never worked out, she just wasn't the 'fun random date' kind of girl. If I had the time I'd have arranged a nice dinner/drinks somewhere in London but it was all a bit sporadic. Shame really, as she was gorgeous and pretty interesting, albeit racist.

/

Worst of this year was meeting an American girl from Tinder. We messaged most of a Saturday and met at night. She seemed pretty in her pictures and was interesting/funny, also a yoga teacher (who doesn't like a bit of bendy!). She said she'd meet be at Southbank and we'd "decide from there" what to do. Met her at Waterloo Station, where she expertly placed herself next to a Burger King Whopper advert. Ironically she was definitely a few stones bigger than expected, and probably a yoga teacher in the loosest sense.

She said we'd go for a walk along the river, and somehow we ended up walking straight along the Southbank and all the way to Leicester Square whilst talking the most dire conversation ever. She also had really bad garlic breath. We ended the date at the bus stop where she overheard two lads arguing about Feminism. She suddenly went nuts and gave them a long lecture about the power of women. Thankfully my bus arrived and we never spoke again.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 03:02:55 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #191 on: December 23, 2014, 03:11:36 pm »
Thankfully my bus arrived and we never spoke again.

I'm imagining you jumped on your bus without saying goodbye to her as she lectured the lad. ;D

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: December 23, 2014, 03:22:17 pm »
One of the worst dates I had so far this year.

Meet the girl online, eharmony I believe, been messaging for awhile and make a plan to meet. So trying to decide what to do ,  usually my first meeting is coffee or a drink, because who wants to spend a prolonged evening with someone you possibly don't like? So she says there's this corn maze thing would I be keen? Never having done a corn maze before I said yeah why not? Big mistake.

First of all it's a bloody 45 min drive from where I am , 2nd its running around in a maze in the dark. So I figure eh why not how bad can it be? So after a long day at work on a friday I drive 45min to meet her at 7pm. We're supposed to meet do the maze then head for dinner afterwards. I arrive at 10 to 7 because i'm usually early to anywhere I go, get a message from her that she is going to be 25 minutes late because she stopped for food. Pissed me off right away. Then she says "oh just look out for a bunch of people because this is a meetup" i'm sitting there going wtf?

So now not only am I on a first date with some girl i've never met but there are now 20 other people involved in this "date". So I wonder around like a fart in a perfume factory trying to figure out who these people are.

She finally shows up and we split into groups and try get out the maze. 2 hours later, with mud caking the bottom of my pants and shoes we finally make it out of the maze, i've not had a chance to find out a thing about this girl , other than the fact that she's willing to lie about how much time it took to get out of the maze to beat other people's time we've never met.

Then afterwards they're all like lets get a drink, sure where does everyone want to go? Another 35 min drive to a bar , I made my polite excuses and left.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #193 on: December 23, 2014, 06:06:19 pm »
I was chatting to a girl yesterday and she said she wanted to go on a date with me she said she still lived with her mother but don't let that put me off because she was going to chuck her in a home soon. and that was the words she used.

Another one wanted to talk about Jesus and god and wanted me to pray with her in our messages.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: December 23, 2014, 06:11:08 pm »
First one has got better odds on having looser morals for my money, Trada. ;)

Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: December 23, 2014, 06:11:45 pm »
First one has got better odds on having looser morals for my money, Trada. ;)

Depends if the 2nd one is Catholic or not.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: December 23, 2014, 06:25:07 pm »
I'm sure I might have mentioned this before but a mate of ours tried this internet dating malarkey when he got divorced quite a few years back when it first started out. Whenever he had a date with a bird, someone phoned him up after about an hour to see how it was going to give him his get out of jail card if he needed to bolt for it. So he was with this girl who didn't seem at all arsed and bored the fuck out of him. So one of the lads phones him as usual, and he goes to the bird "I'm really sorry but me mam's sick and I'll have to go home." So the girl says "That's a shame. I was gonna take you home and fuck the brains out of you." So he tells her to hang on a minute, phones the lad back and says to her "I think she'll be alright, she's a bit of a fucking drama queen. Are you ready to go or do you want another bevy?"
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #197 on: December 23, 2014, 06:33:11 pm »
I'm sure I might have mentioned this before but a mate of ours tried this internet dating malarkey when he got divorced quite a few years back when it first started out. Whenever he had a date with a bird, someone phoned him up after about an hour to see how it was going to give him his get out of jail card if he needed to bolt for it. So he was with this girl who didn't seem at all arsed and bored the fuck out of him. So one of the lads phones him as usual, and he goes to the bird "I'm really sorry but me mam's sick and I'll have to go home." So the girl says "That's a shame. I was gonna take you home and fuck the brains out of you." So he tells her to hang on a minute, phones the lad back and says to her "I think she'll be alright, she's a bit of a fucking drama queen. Are you ready to go or do you want another bevy?"

:lmao

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #198 on: December 23, 2014, 06:54:22 pm »
I've always wanted to give it a go. Reckon I'd be an instant hit.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: December 23, 2014, 06:55:37 pm »
I've always wanted to give it a go. Reckon I'd be an instant hit.

There ya go mate , have at it

www.farmersonly.com