Author Topic: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences  (Read 1234154 times)

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Re: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences
« Reply #15920 on: March 22, 2024, 09:18:29 pm »
Shogun still going strong. Think the Olly Reed/Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson Anjin is really poorly cast, but the rest more than makes up for it. I can’t remember him being so bumbling and generally blustery in the book but read yonks ago.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15921 on: March 22, 2024, 09:26:08 pm »
I thought the first episode of 3 body problemwas a bit rubbish, felt rushed and bad acting, hopefully picks up, whats the Chinese version called? (for sites)

Three-Body
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #15922 on: March 22, 2024, 09:35:12 pm »
Shogun still going strong. Think the Olly Reed/Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson Anjin is really poorly cast, but the rest more than makes up for it. I can’t remember him being so bumbling and generally blustery in the book but read yonks ago.

Precisely.

He was much more calculating and reflective, and aware of the struggles to integrate into Japanese culture, which was one of the book's themes.

The show has him either bumbling or brash, neither of which applied to the book character...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #15923 on: March 22, 2024, 09:42:54 pm »
Not according to this site.

https://www.polygon.com/24093811/the-three-body-problem-explained-netflix

Oh, there are more books. The Three-Body Problem is the first in a trilogy, known as Remembrance of Earth’s Past. Netflix’s 3 Body Problem is actually an adaptation of the entire trilogy, folding in the novel’s two sequels — The Dark Forest and Death’s End — into its narrative. The first season of the show will cover The Three-Body Problem but will also introduce threads from later books. It’s a comprehensive adaptation, not a piecemeal one.
So its not covering all 3 books in the 8 episodes, unlike you said.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15925 on: March 22, 2024, 10:27:14 pm »
I thought the first episode of 3 body problemwas a bit rubbish, felt rushed and bad acting, hopefully picks up, whats the Chinese version called? (for sites)
Episode 1.

https://youtu.be/4w47F8g8EgM?si=vhsbG0atU1RdybQ0
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #15926 on: March 23, 2024, 06:12:53 am »
I really enjoyed the 1st  episode of 3 body problem, It would be interesting to see how they handled it in the chinese version I'm sure it's got a very different tune to it.

Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #15927 on: March 23, 2024, 11:28:58 am »
There's not much in the way of menage a trois, if that's what you're hoping for. ;D

It's made me want to watch the Chinese adaptation as that has 30 episodes. It must be better than folding three books into 8 episodes as Netflix have done.

;D

My 14 daughter wanted us to watch it together over the weekend and I know sometimes these kind of shows can be quite explicit with sex scenes so wanted to make sure before I put it on  ;D

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15928 on: March 23, 2024, 02:25:43 pm »
I really enjoyed the 1st  episode of 3 body problem, It would be interesting to see how they handled it in the chinese version I'm sure it's got a very different tune to it.
Like the books it uses a lot of science jargon, some are filler episodes though, but the flashback episodes back at the science station in the 60's are fantastic especially after episode 20 beyond.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15929 on: March 23, 2024, 03:15:41 pm »
;D

My 14 daughter wanted us to watch it together over the weekend and I know sometimes these kind of shows can be quite explicit with sex scenes so wanted to make sure before I put it on  ;D

Bit of nudity but no real sex that I can remember, some nice and violent murders though.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15930 on: March 23, 2024, 03:17:22 pm »
B&W are talking about 4 seasons of the show, so I would have assumed it's roughly one book per season?

Depends if better offers come in.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #15931 on: March 23, 2024, 03:19:29 pm »
Depends if better offers come in.

The last 2  books will then be done in 3 episodes....

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15932 on: March 23, 2024, 03:20:34 pm »
The last 2  books will then be done in 3 episodes....

Yeah but they'll all be 69 minutes long.

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15933 on: March 23, 2024, 06:59:36 pm »
;D

Bit of female nudity towards the end of episode 3, women's breasts.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15934 on: March 23, 2024, 07:34:21 pm »
Bit of female nudity towards the end of episode 3, women's breasts.

Bush and a couple of tiny cocks.

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15935 on: March 23, 2024, 07:43:55 pm »
Bush and a couple of tiny cocks.
I forgot about those scenes. Nothing sexual, but could still be embarrassing to a teenager watching with their parents.

I'm off to watch the final two episodes. I'm enjoying this.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15936 on: March 23, 2024, 07:51:13 pm »
A new series of Blue Lights coming soon

The first series was excellent.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15937 on: March 23, 2024, 07:58:08 pm »
Thanks guys, I will watch it on my own I think  ;D

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15938 on: March 23, 2024, 09:32:41 pm »
I plan on blaming everything on sake now.

The best is produced in Forfar.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15939 on: March 23, 2024, 09:34:28 pm »
Thanks guys, I will watch it on my own I think  ;D

If she's good with blood, gore and cunting language, you could just watch episode 3 separately.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15940 on: March 24, 2024, 10:08:26 am »

Think this is harsh. I don't know who the actor is, but I actually think hes doing a good job.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15941 on: March 24, 2024, 01:12:55 pm »
If she's good with blood, gore and cunting language, you could just watch episode 3 separately.

Yeah she talked me into it  ;D really enjoyed the first 3 but the problem now is I have to wait till next week to finish it as I promised her I wouldn't watch it till she came back next friday  :butt  ;D

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #15942 on: March 24, 2024, 05:20:18 pm »
Hats off to whoever recommended Homecoming on Amazon....at last, something that makes you work/think and isn't algorithmed to fuck.....loved the feeling of not knowing what the blazes was going on...and not being able to second guess it.....superb cast and music score ...and my word, hardly news but what a tremendous actress Julia Roberts is.........marvellous

They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #15943 on: March 24, 2024, 06:29:52 pm »
Think this is harsh. I don't know who the actor is, but I actually think hes doing a good job.

Sorry mate

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #15944 on: March 24, 2024, 08:39:14 pm »
Really enjoying 3 Body Problem. The scene in episode…I think 3 with the army abacus really impressed me. Maybe it was just the sheer scale.

The other mind blowing thing was realising that Adrian Edmondson was playing one of the peripheral characters. Took me until ep 7 ;D
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #15945 on: March 24, 2024, 09:23:14 pm »
Enjoyed the gentlemen

It was pitched really well and wasn’t too Guy Richie whilst clearly being Guy Richie
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #15946 on: March 25, 2024, 09:21:38 am »
Really enjoying 3 Body Problem. The scene in episode…I think 3 with the army abacus really impressed me. Maybe it was just the sheer scale.

The other mind blowing thing was realising that Adrian Edmondson was playing one of the peripheral characters. Took me until ep 7 ;D
He's a quite good dramatic actor. He played Roger Hollis in the Kim Philby series A Spy Among Friends with Damian Lewis and Guy Pearce last year and was very good too.  Though it is a bit jarring when he wears the serious glasses and suit and you think 'I know that actor but just can't place him ...'  :D

So I binged 3 Body Problem over the weekend. I was really into it up until Episode 5, which was stunning I thought, and then it sort of tapered off for the last 3 eps. I wouldn't say it fell off a cliff, but it just wasn't as propulsive plot-wise, and focused more on the characters and the sick friend storyline which, meh.

I don't mind this adaptation bringing more international-based characters for the Netflix audience. Generally it kept the good, hard sci-fi bits and eliminated some weaknesses in the book (Di Shi is a fucking arsehole in the books: Benedict Wong brings more inherent Benedict Wong-iness, which can only be a good thing).  Overall it's a success and I'm looking forward to the 2nd season.

And it has cameos from Kevin Eldon as Sir Thomas More and Mark Gatiss and Reece Shearsmith as Turing and Newton.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #15947 on: March 25, 2024, 08:20:23 pm »
Shogun is brilliant

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15948 on: March 25, 2024, 08:26:44 pm »
Shogun is brilliant

Not a patch on you though lad
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #15949 on: March 26, 2024, 02:57:45 pm »
Anybody watched Chicken Nugget on Netflix? Looks insane.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #15950 on: March 27, 2024, 12:40:41 am »
Anybody watched Chicken Nugget on Netflix? Looks insane.

“ Off the bat, we can already tell that Chicken Nugget will be a polarising show that some will label as stupid, while others hail it as ingenious. Honestly, both sides are correct, and therein lies its goofy charm. It’s also important to caution that writer-director Lee Byeong-heon’s sense of humour can be an acquired taste. But if you like your comedy loud and leftfield (à la I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson), there isn’t a show in 2024 that’s funnier than this.”

So you are either going to love it or hate it.
#JFT97

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15951 on: March 30, 2024, 03:10:19 pm »
Me and the Missus went on a C5 corny drama fest last week and watched 4 of the buggers on catch-up

Was good fun and they were all surprisingly kind of ok.  I'd even go so far as to say 'Coma' was pretty good. 

Coma
Cold Call
Love Rat
Too Good to be true.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #15952 on: March 30, 2024, 03:32:10 pm »
Manhunt has been pretty watchable so far

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15953 on: March 30, 2024, 09:55:53 pm »
Just watched Saltburn, wow! That's messed up. Great though.
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #15954 on: March 31, 2024, 08:21:29 am »
Looking forward to This Town that starts tonight at nine really sad that the BBC are cutting another 100 hours of programming including drama to save money they are saying that's why Dr who joined up with Disney the show may have been cut.

I still think the BBC should show ads between shows they near enough do now,  but it's ads about their show coming up

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aR7dCgmzal4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aR7dCgmzal4</a>

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15955 on: March 31, 2024, 10:26:05 am »
Manhunt has been pretty watchable so far

It's pretty good although very clear it's been heavily dramatised. In fairness, I've not read enough about the actual assassination but from what I do remember, it seems to stretch the bounds of credibility for the sake of drama.

Well acted and looks great, though.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #15956 on: March 31, 2024, 10:54:35 am »
Looking forward to This Town that starts tonight at nine really sad that the BBC are cutting another 100 hours of programming including drama to save money they are saying that's why Dr who joined up with Disney the show may have been cut.

I still think the BBC should show ads between shows they near enough do now,  but it's ads about their show coming up

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aR7dCgmzal4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aR7dCgmzal4</a>

Such depressing news about them cutting back their drama hours, it's what they did so well.  :no
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15957 on: April 1, 2024, 07:39:53 am »
He's awful.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #15958 on: April 1, 2024, 01:34:01 pm »
This Town.

Had high hopes....sadly it was  absolute garbage... should've guessed as much after reading Lucy (Chernobyl) Mangan's gushing Guardian review...a sure sign that shite is to follow ..
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15959 on: April 1, 2024, 05:24:46 pm »
The 2nd series of Severance is out on June 21st.