Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé  (Read 3120200 times)

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé
« Reply #78840 on: April 25, 2024, 11:25:24 am »
We need to focus on pace and strength as well with recruitment. Arsenal have got that now all over the pitch.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #78841 on: April 25, 2024, 11:27:10 am »
I'm just thinking of names of wide a players in the league.

Looking at the numbers, for non strikers the best are Palmer, Salah, Bowen, Saka, Foden, then Bailey.

I would say from them only Bowen is the one gettable better than Bailey, and he would cost a lot for someone turning 28 this year, doesn't seem the right profile

There's Summerville but the Championship tax is just as much a concern as the Bundesliga one.

For me Summerville is an absolute no go. He looks a quality young player who could do well going forward but if we miss out on him so be it. We need someone who's doing great at a higher level now, not someone who might be among the best in the Prem three years from now.

Agree on Bowen, really good player but just not right for us now. Even City have got it wrong on wide men recently with Grealish and Doku, neither contribute anywhere near enough. It feels like one where we'll have to find another Salah who you think might do well but ends up doing really really well. Who knows, perhaps that's Summerville but I can't see him contributing in any Premier League side what he has done with one of the Championship's stronger teams. We never buy the real thing anyway so I'm expecting it to be someone a little left field.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #78842 on: April 25, 2024, 11:47:03 am »
Ederson at Atalanta impressed me other week, and his stats look favourable for a powerful midfield option.

Hard to scout I imagine, as Atalanta’s system is a bit batshit.

Age profile fits well. His FBRef stats are not outstanding though. Was he good or were we bad?

For me Summerville is an absolute no go. He looks a quality young player who could do well going forward but if we miss out on him so be it. We need someone who's doing great at a higher level now, not someone who might be among the best in the Prem three years from now.

Agree on Bowen, really good player but just not right for us now. Even City have got it wrong on wide men recently with Grealish and Doku, neither contribute anywhere near enough. It feels like one where we'll have to find another Salah who you think might do well but ends up doing really really well. Who knows, perhaps that's Summerville but I can't see him contributing in any Premier League side what he has done with one of the Championship's stronger teams. We never buy the real thing anyway so I'm expecting it to be someone a little left field.

I guess that's the problem then I am not sure we can shop within our league for wise men/attackers other than going fucking mad for someone like Palmer and hoping Chelsea agree

Even in terms of 9's the gettable ones that are tracking better than what we have or Isak (but then isn't producing assists like Darwin and an injury concern, and would cost fucking loads) and Solanke.

In terms of our attack either we need someone from the league who's underlying numbers show they are about to explode, or shop abroad

Edit: and Watkins but again that concern of age on cost that comes with Bowen comes up - 28 and would cost north of £80 million, perhaps north of £100 million
« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 11:49:52 am by Stockholm Syndrome »

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78843 on: April 25, 2024, 11:57:10 am »
Think buying a striker/foward this summer will be difficult. I reckon Arsenal will be in the mix for one, and will be able to focus their funds on that position. Meanwhile, we have to spend, at least, on a DM as well.

There must be a few options surplus to requirements at Madrid.

Online Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #78844 on: April 25, 2024, 12:02:35 pm »
Strong interest from #LiverpoolFC for #Pacho, defender of #Eintracht @SkySport

@Dimarzio

There’s Matip’s replacement.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #78845 on: April 25, 2024, 12:08:06 pm »

Definitely something that needs finding IMO.I reckon if we do bring one in it probably means Van Den Berg can be moved on. He's gone on loan every season for about the last four years, it's all a bit Chelsea with him now, after playing this much football he should want to continue. Hopefully there's no buy clause for Mainz and they can squeeze money out of someone a bit richer. Bring a new guy in, move Joel on and thank him for everything, then get someone younger and ready to contribute on top of VVD/Konate/Quansah/Gomez.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78846 on: April 25, 2024, 12:11:27 pm »
Think buying a striker/foward this summer will be difficult. I reckon Arsenal will be in the mix for one, and will be able to focus their funds on that position. Meanwhile, we have to spend, at least, on a DM as well.

Good job there's a lot about

Osimhen, Gyorkeres, Openda, Boniface, Jonathan David, Lautaro Martinez, Vlahovic, Zirkzee, Toney, Watkins, perhaps Isak

Chelsea and Arsenal and us could be looking for a striker but there's still plenty to go and get

In terms of Madrid surplus, not much in terms of strikers
« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 12:13:14 pm by Stockholm Syndrome »

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #78847 on: April 25, 2024, 12:11:38 pm »

Fuck me, we might actually sign a left-footed central defender. Hurrah.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78848 on: April 25, 2024, 12:13:00 pm »

Never understood this logic - teams are continually missing out on supreme talent in the Championship because of it. Gyokeres was clearly the real deal at Coventry last season and now he's being discussed as an option for us when he will cost 3-4x as much.

Summerville is destined to play for a big club, there's nothing he's lacking as a wide player.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78849 on: April 25, 2024, 12:16:31 pm »

Osimhen, Gyorkeres, Openda, Boniface, Jonathan David, Lautaro Martinez, Vlahovic, Zirkzee, Toney, Watkins, perhaps Isak

Chelsea and Arsenal and us could be looking for a striker but there's still plenty to go and get

Bit of a grim list.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78850 on: April 25, 2024, 12:20:05 pm »
Bit of a grim list.

I will preface this to say I only think 3 maybe 4 of them are targets we should look at. But the amount of strikers in demand is big and so where other clubs will be shopping is big.

I would have Openda, Boniface, Martinez, and maybe David. But Arsenal and Chelsea will be shopping in this list, the chances of them both signing the players we want and can get, if we are looking for a 9, is slim.

People will be on the market for a striker but the number of strikers in the market, whether right for us or not, is high, so I am not as concerned about all the ones we may want going elsewhere

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78851 on: April 25, 2024, 12:31:49 pm »
Would love if we signed Isak. Hate KSA but love watching him play football
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline QC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78852 on: April 25, 2024, 12:47:40 pm »

Mbappe has to be displacing someone surely

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78853 on: April 25, 2024, 01:02:19 pm »
Mbappe has to be displacing someone surely

Doubt it. They're light on forwards. Will usually be a front three of Vini, Mbappe and Rodrygo with Jude in behind. Probably keep Diaz and Joselu as back-up options, with Jude able to move back into his false nine-ish role if they want to bring in an extra midfielder in tougher games.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #78854 on: April 25, 2024, 01:05:27 pm »

Why do we need a striker?
Wide forwards I get, you could argue we need 2 depending on how we're going to play and what happens with Diaz .... but unless one of Nunez or Jota leaves which seems really unlikely we won't be buying a 9

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #78855 on: April 25, 2024, 01:11:29 pm »
Slot has to bring Mats Wieffer with him doesn't he if we need a 6.

https://youtu.be/_WNWZy9sLHk?si=zJKYm6S21acxG51_
Needs to bulk up a bit to play in this league.  He’s weiffer thin.

Offline QC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78856 on: April 25, 2024, 01:13:16 pm »
Why do we need a striker?
Wide forwards I get, you could argue we need 2 depending on how we're going to play and what happens with Diaz .... but unless one of Nunez or Jota leaves which seems really unlikely we won't be buying a 9

Can't see us going into next season with those 2 as the plan. In particular, I can't see a new manager who will be under pressure to perform, pinning his hopes on Jota (alone) or Nunez suddenly improving.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78857 on: April 25, 2024, 01:35:42 pm »
Can't see us going into next season with those 2 as the plan. In particular, I can't see a new manager who will be under pressure to perform, pinning his hopes on Jota (alone) or Nunez suddenly improving.

Can't see us not to be honest.
The amount of money it would take to upgrade Jota is going to be best spent elsewhere in attack

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #78858 on: April 25, 2024, 01:53:34 pm »

I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re looking at Santiago Giménez since Slot been his present manager

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78859 on: April 25, 2024, 02:03:40 pm »
Can't see us not to be honest.
The amount of money it would take to upgrade Jota is going to be best spent elsewhere in attack

Nunez will be easy to upgrade though Jack. Just go to his thread. He’s clearly rubbish. ;)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #78860 on: April 25, 2024, 02:06:03 pm »
Nunez will be easy to upgrade though Jack. Just go to his thread. He’s clearly rubbish. ;)

TBF RAWK should do some upgrading of their own. Prob some bitter blues we could get who'd be better than half the posters in that thread  ;D

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78861 on: April 25, 2024, 02:06:37 pm »
Sell Salah to Saudi, buy Raphinha as replacement, done  ;D

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78862 on: April 25, 2024, 02:09:24 pm »

Hah … never seen such vitriol directed at any Liverpool player out of whack to reality - let alone whose one of the most exciting things about the squad - have found it completely bizarre that he’s the lightning rod / blamed for our recent struggles
« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 02:11:45 pm by JackWard33 »

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78863 on: April 25, 2024, 02:10:49 pm »
Hah … never seen such vitriol directed at any Liverpool player let alone whose one of the most exciting things about the squad - have found it completely bizarre that he’s the lightning rod / blamed for our recent struggles

it's the man-bun

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78864 on: April 25, 2024, 02:10:57 pm »
We need soemone who has Darwin's attributes with Jota's finishing.  I may know a few.  ;D

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78865 on: April 25, 2024, 02:15:08 pm »

Is Raphinha a good replacement though? Numbers wise not setting it alight this year, 27, and as far as I remember he wasn't particularly fast nor direct

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78866 on: April 25, 2024, 02:17:23 pm »
Is Raphinha a good replacement though? Numbers wise not setting it alight this year, 27, and as far as I remember he wasn't particularly fast nor direct

I was just playing on the earlier Barcelona in debt comments, but you're probably right on that. The good thing is at least we can trust the men in charge on purchases. There's definitely a logical reason behind the choice of Slot, and we can expect a Salah replacement in similar vein.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #78867 on: April 25, 2024, 02:18:00 pm »

Raphinha Won’t be on our short  list , his goals/assits are bang average

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78868 on: April 25, 2024, 02:20:08 pm »
Raphinha Won’t be on our short  list , his goals/assits are bang average

Huh?
He’s got 27 goals and assists in 35.5 90s at Barca - that’s outstanding

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78869 on: April 25, 2024, 02:21:22 pm »
I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re looking at Santiago Giménez since Slot been his present manager
No to Eredivise forwards.

No to left footed centre backs. Any centre back we sign has to be with the view to them starting about 30 league games with Van Dijk

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #78870 on: April 25, 2024, 02:23:58 pm »
If he was going to replace Salah, we should've made the move two years ago. There's no way we are paying top dollar for him now that he's 27.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78871 on: April 25, 2024, 02:28:28 pm »
I saw a Lyon game and that Rayan Cherki looked good.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #78872 on: April 25, 2024, 02:29:48 pm »
I saw a Lyon game and that Rayan Cherki looked good.
Doesn't he have attitude problems? Or maybe I am thinking about Auoar?
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78873 on: April 25, 2024, 02:30:17 pm »
Huh?
He’s got 27 goals and assists in 35.5 90s at Barca - that’s outstanding

Ah he hasn't played much this year that's the difference.

He has 20 goals and assists in an equivalent of 19 games this year (1711 minutes) and last year got 22 goals and assists from 32 equivalent games (2942 minutes)

I still think the point stands that he is too old and not the right profile, but his numbers from a raw stand point are misleading

Although I would also point out that Salah has 37 goals and assists from an equivalent 31 games (2849 minutes)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 02:33:23 pm by Stockholm Syndrome »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78874 on: April 25, 2024, 03:20:30 pm »
Michael Edwards don't do sentiments and he's running the show now with a new manager who will have not half of the power Kloppo got towards the last few years unless he wins big things. Might be big changes coming.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #78875 on: April 25, 2024, 03:25:54 pm »

Sell Salah to PSG, sign Xavi Simons as his replacement. Add Summerville from Leeds and we're sorted up front. ;)

One DM we have more info on now that we didn't have last summer is Alan Varela after a year at Porto. Wieffer looks another decent one, and he is playing for Slot. Not sure about his athleticism, but he looks all right. Add that Pacho at CB, maybe Geeirtruda (also from Feyenoord) at LB. I think Slot may want to have a look at Beck and Chambers in the preseason, especially if we spend big elsewhere.

I don't know.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78876 on: April 25, 2024, 03:29:25 pm »
Sell Salah to PSG, sign Xavi Simons as his replacement. Add Summerville from Leeds and we're sorted up front. ;)

One DM we have more info on now that we didn't have last summer is Alan Varela after a year at Porto. Wieffer looks another decent one, and he is playing for Slot. Not sure about his athleticism, but he looks all right. Add that Pacho at CB, maybe Geeirtruda (also from Feyenoord) at LB. I think Slot may want to have a look at Beck and Chambers in the preseason, especially if we spend big elsewhere.

I don't know.

I was thinking more Musiala please.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78877 on: April 25, 2024, 03:31:27 pm »
This was the list the nerds put together before we signed Diaz. This was published in January 2022.

As well as Jarrod Bowen, Marcus Thuram and Noa Lang, Amine Gouiri, Christopher Nkunku, Cody Gakpo and Kamaldeen Sulemana tick many of Liverpool’s boxes; young, hungry, dynamic and with a high ceiling.

Source: @TheAthleticUK

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78878 on: April 25, 2024, 03:43:07 pm »
This was the list the nerds put together before we signed Diaz. This was published in January 2022.

Eww. Lang is good though.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78879 on: April 25, 2024, 03:49:29 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c98zypwz593o

Doesn't sound that expensive for either in the current climate.