Author Topic: Luis Suarez - The Fans View by L6 Red  (Read 2106 times)

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
Luis Suarez - The Fans View by L6 Red
« on: December 21, 2011, 05:17:19 pm »
Thought this merited it's own topic as a) it's great and b) it's written by one of our own, L6 Red. Apologies if it's been posted and merged before, haven't had time to look.

Kristian Walsh, Liverpoolfc.tv's regular fan columnist, shares his thoughts on the Luis Suarez situation.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/luis-suarez-the-fan-view

For the past two months, Luis Suarez has worn the shirt of Liverpool consumed by a dark shadow; a shadow cast by an even darker cloud above his head.

You might not have noticed it given his luminous performances. Suarez's star shines so bright, even the darkest matter seems to disappear in his presence.

Given how much the Uruguayan loves his football, he might not have even realised himself. He certainly didn't when he ran West Brom, Swansea and Aston Villa ragged; there was no sign of it when he nutmegged Ryan Shotton and curled in a glorious goal at the Britannia, either.

But the longer Evra's accusations and the FA's charge went unsubstantiated, the darker the shadow became. That was something that suited many.

Guilty until proven innocent was the mentality and mantra of many across the country; previous misdemeanours, none holding resonance to the current charge, provided unquestionable, insatiable proof before any hearing had even taken place. The cloud thickened; the shadow darkened. Luis Suarez, English football's pantomime villain, had fulfilled his typecast perfectly.

It matters not the vast majority of professional footballers would have handballed Dominic Adiyiah's goal bound shot in a World Cup quarter final; it matters not England striker Jermain Defoe bit Javier Mascherano on the arm in 2006.

It also matters little both the FA and Patrice Evra have gone on record to deny Luis Suarez is racist. Some of the nation's media have labelled him as such; the footballing public, predictably, will follow.
Too many have been too hasty to comment on a case they have little knowledge on. I was guilty too, making an overcomplicated point about how a lie will be believed if it is repeated enough times. The manner in which the point was made was wrong, but the sentiment remains right.

As detailed in the club's official statement, the punishment provides few answers and raises more questions - none of which I'm qualified to deal with.

Until the written reasons from Paul Goulding QC is released to the public, Suarez will remain a pariah to supporters of other clubs. Until then, Liverpool supporters must rally behind him in the manner both Kenny Dalglish and the club have done.

Neither the football club nor Dalglish would risk their personal integrity in giving their backing to Suarez so boldly if they did not believe his name deserves' to be cleared.

Judging people on the colour of their skin is abhorrent in our society, but it is hard to fathom Suarez - former captain of Ajax Amsterdam, a club of vast multi-cultural significance - doing such a thing.

Unfortunately, people have already judged him. They did from the moment he put on a red shirt; they did from the moment Patrice Evra made the allegation.

It doesn't matter if the FA want to ban him for eight games or 80, football matters not - it's the label Luis Suarez, the person, has now been given because of the testimony of another.

The cloud has fallen upon him; the shadow has engulfed him. Just make sure that, alongside the club and manager Kenny Dalglish, you lift it when he needs it most; make sure he never walks alone.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
Re: Luis Suarez - The Fans View by L6 Red
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 05:18:14 pm »
Read this earlier.
Kris hits the back of the net again..
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 05:37:27 pm by Terry De Niro-ho-ho »

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 05:19:00 pm »
Well written again L6. Stand by our Luis and support him.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline tbonejones

• Dr. Doolittle
  • Legacy Fan
  • We'll be coming down the road...
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 05:21:47 pm »
Nice one L6, top quality piece.
Journo: ''So, let me get this right, train, coach, train, plane.''
Rafa: ''No, coach first because we will not be walking to the train station.''

Don't Buy The Sun - www.dontbuythesun.co.uk

It was poodle. She was rocking a fucking poodle to sleep.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 05:23:24 pm »
My main worry now is how the FA have tainted his name to the point that it will cascade into tons of abuse by opposing fans everywhere he goes. POssibly opposing players as well.

I know Luis is a fighter, but I would completely understand if he wouldn't want to put his family through the potential "aftermath" of this ordeal. I don't think I'm overreacting am I?

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 05:26:52 pm »
Spot on as usual
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 05:27:49 pm »
Someone should give Kris a job at one of theose newspaper places. ;)
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline JonnyDubb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 05:33:57 pm »
My main worry now is how the FA have tainted his name to the point that it will cascade into tons of abuse by opposing fans everywhere he goes. POssibly opposing players as well.

I know Luis is a fighter, but I would completely understand if he wouldn't want to put his family through the potential "aftermath" of this ordeal. I don't think I'm overreacting am I?

Then we'll just have to batter them and make them turn on their own team. Stewie was getting booed at Villa Park but 2 early goals soon fixed that and no-one really bothered Luis at all.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2011, 05:38:42 pm »
You look like such a tart in that picture Kris.

Is a great read, mind.