Author Topic: Draft Towers  (Read 320253 times)

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Draft Towers
« Reply #280 on: January 26, 2015, 11:40:39 pm »
Are you in or not ?
ugh.....go on then. Im picking 7 mancs.......and the rest

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: January 26, 2015, 11:43:16 pm »
5 of Club's Draft. Put your name down if interested.

It's simple pick any players that have played for these 5 clubs. Only club form and career for said club's will be counted when it's time to vote.

Some players in this draft will have played for more than one club on the list.  So for those players could you put down which version of the player you're picking? E.g the Ajax version or Real Madrid version seeing as we're judging it on career and form at those said clubs.

Only one rule:

All 5 teams must be represented in your final XI

Real Madrid
Man United
Juventus
Inter Milan
Ajax

Katie Price
Samie
Nicholls
LFC4LIFE
Betty Blue
KingLuis10
Popcorn
Lawnmowerman
Chakan
Gerrvindh
Latenight Surfer
Max_Powers
Rosso
Vishwa Antma
Mellbred
Durlmints
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 02:34:57 pm by Samie »

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: January 26, 2015, 11:43:52 pm »
haha These new voting stipulations should cause some good arguments and plenty of those Anywhichway 'magic moments'

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #283 on: January 27, 2015, 12:03:42 am »
I'm out.  Can't commit the time.  I'll be an interested observer though.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #284 on: January 27, 2015, 12:04:07 am »
yeah why not. See what happens.

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: January 27, 2015, 01:33:17 am »
Yes

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #286 on: January 27, 2015, 02:10:41 am »

IN
"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline Vishwa Atma

• Legacy Fan
  • Money for nothing....
« Reply #287 on: January 27, 2015, 04:44:08 am »
in

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: January 27, 2015, 07:38:47 am »
Sure ill play.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: January 27, 2015, 10:02:38 am »
Yous should finish that Domino draft before anything happens. A new draft now would kill it off

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #290 on: January 27, 2015, 10:12:51 am »
Yous should finish that Domino draft before anything happens. A new draft now would kill it off

Exactly. Got my name engraved on that trophy. Let's get it finished.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: January 27, 2015, 10:18:36 am »
Exactly. Got my name engraved on that trophy. Let's get it finished.
Would have to be a shield to fit both yours and Chakans on it  ;) :D

Offline RossoBianchi

• Manc Forum Slut
  • Legacy Fan
  • Peace
« Reply #292 on: January 27, 2015, 12:39:07 pm »
In for 5 of Clubs

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: January 27, 2015, 01:15:53 pm »
Nice one lad's we'll start this tomorrow or something.

Oh and a suggestion,Some players in this draft will have played for more than one club on the list.  So for those players could you put down which version of the player you're picking? E.g the Ajax version or Real Madrid version seeing as we're judging it on career and form at those said clubs.

Offline NICHOLLS

• Legacy Fan
  • Ohhhhh ya beauty, what a hit son, what a hit!
« Reply #294 on: January 27, 2015, 01:21:06 pm »
Nice one lad's we'll start this tomorrow or something.

Oh and a suggestion,Some players in this draft will have played for more than one club on the list.  So for those players could you put down which version of the player you're picking? E.g the Ajax version or Real Madrid version seeing as we're judging it on career and form at those said clubs.

Or could we have multiple versions for a change, i.e Ronaldo Real Madrid and Ronaldo Inter Milan. It'll be more clear cut then, with no cheesy picks.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: January 27, 2015, 01:23:11 pm »
Or could we have multiple versions for a change, i.e Ronaldo Real Madrid and Ronaldo Inter Milan. It'll be more clear cut then, with no cheesy picks.

We could but then when it comes to voting it could get a little messy. :D

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #296 on: January 27, 2015, 01:30:13 pm »

It seemed to work out pretty well in the Battle of the Club Sides drafts. Damn you Ajax  :D

By the way, is there an appearance minimum for each club?
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #297 on: January 27, 2015, 01:31:46 pm »

Betty, if you want to pick William Prunier you go for it.

Offline NICHOLLS

• Legacy Fan
  • Ohhhhh ya beauty, what a hit son, what a hit!
« Reply #298 on: January 27, 2015, 01:34:44 pm »

In-thread voting will eradicate that - critical analysis.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: January 27, 2015, 01:39:12 pm »
It seemed to work out pretty well in the Battle of the Club Sides drafts. Damn you Ajax  :D

No set limit just all 5 clubs need to be represented.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #300 on: January 27, 2015, 01:40:42 pm »
In-thread voting will eradicate that - critical analysis.

Thinking about it, this draft could well be the perfect one to start this voting experiment out. Now we just need someone to pick Juve's Henry  :D
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: January 27, 2015, 01:47:51 pm »
Remember I picked the Man City, Weah? Good times.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: January 27, 2015, 02:24:30 pm »
In  :wave

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #303 on: January 27, 2015, 02:25:57 pm »
One too many for me I think. I need a break! :D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: January 27, 2015, 02:34:30 pm »
We have 16 Durlmints is in. I'll get the discussion thread up.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #305 on: January 27, 2015, 05:45:05 pm »
Has Lawnmowerman won any of the other ones since the u25 draft? Him not winning that one was the biggest sporting travesty since Stevie's boots malfunctioned.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: January 27, 2015, 05:59:28 pm »
Has Lawnmowerman won any of the other ones since the u25 draft? Him not winning that one was the biggest sporting travesty since Stevie's boots malfunctioned.
I'm the current Rawk boxing draft champion (smug). Not that it makes up for indeed that particular u25 travesty but it's softened my view on these soul crushing draft experiences. Also, Dybala says Hi guys! Markovic too!

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #307 on: January 27, 2015, 06:58:37 pm »
I'm the current Rawk boxing draft champion (smug). Not that it makes up for indeed that particular u25 travesty but it's softened my view on these soul crushing draft experiences. Also, Dybala says Hi guys! Markovic too!
I'm convinced if we were to look back at the under 25 draft in 2 years my team would be the GOAT ;D

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #308 on: January 27, 2015, 07:03:46 pm »
I'm convinced if we were to look back at the under 25 draft in 2 years my team would be the GOAT ;D

As are the rest of us  ;D We really have to look back at those teams in a couple of years, it'll be very interesting.

Can, Pogba and Coutinho in midfield  :lickin

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #309 on: January 27, 2015, 07:20:17 pm »
Let us start this draft while our match is going on
"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #310 on: January 27, 2015, 07:24:31 pm »
As are the rest of us  ;D We really have to look back at those teams in a couple of years, it'll be very interesting.

Can, Pogba and Coutinho in midfield  :lickin
Pogba Ballon D'or in 2 years ;)

That Midfield is great like.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #311 on: February 5, 2015, 10:19:06 pm »
With all picking done in the other draft, It's about time we start our next one.

Sheep Draft, who's in?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline LFC UNTIL THE MANAGER IS NO LONGER DESERVING OF MY SYMPATHY

• Everyone's shit. Especially me...Yeah! LFC for Life. He takes everything up to date and on the chin.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: February 5, 2015, 10:22:42 pm »
With all picking done in the other draft, It's about time we start our next one.

Sheep Draft, who's in?

I'd rather not do a sheep draft as I find them less skillful, but I'll probably play if we did do that.
@LFC4LIFENET

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #313 on: February 5, 2015, 10:28:48 pm »

Sheep Draft, who's in?

Offline RossoBianchi

• Manc Forum Slut
  • Legacy Fan
  • Peace
« Reply #314 on: February 5, 2015, 10:29:13 pm »
Have we ever done anything around months of the year and players' births? Could call it a Zodiac Draft... 12 rounds of a sheep draft, first round is obviously January... do you dare go for Romario or Xavi or Luis Suarez? Or do you player safer? After each month has been done - you could have 12 players or maybe just several - you then have a few bonus rounds where the banned list comes into play etc. I could flesh it out further but just wondered what you thought on the basic premise.

Offline LFC UNTIL THE MANAGER IS NO LONGER DESERVING OF MY SYMPATHY

• Everyone's shit. Especially me...Yeah! LFC for Life. He takes everything up to date and on the chin.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: February 5, 2015, 10:35:38 pm »
Have we ever done anything around months of the year and players' births? Could call it a Zodiac Draft... 12 rounds of a sheep draft, first round is obviously January... do you dare go for Romario or Xavi or Luis Suarez? Or do you player safer? After each month has been done - you could have 12 players or maybe just several - you then have a few bonus rounds where the banned list comes into play etc. I could flesh it out further but just wondered what you thought on the basic premise.

Sounds like it will be tough to research.
@LFC4LIFENET

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #316 on: February 5, 2015, 10:44:15 pm »

That's actually a great idea, I must say. I like that it adds a whole new dimension to the research side as well - similar to the Domino draft. You could have some double rounds as well, as with the original sheep draft, and like you say banned list rounds (perhaps where you can only pick up players in a month you've not filled yet? Although that might be too tricky....). Lots of scope to explore though. I like it  :thumbup

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #317 on: February 5, 2015, 10:50:30 pm »
Andy Tate Draft: Four of Clubs Special

1:20

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Khlz7Kwkoz8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Khlz7Kwkoz8</a>

----------

Rules:

- Players must be picked from Olympiacos, Real Madrid (In the form they're in), Barcelona or Bayern Munich
- All decisions must be made by Fergie, and you have to stick by it.
- Teams must adhere to a Barca style of play
- Teams must be prepared for the derby
- Must show passion, must give motivation.

Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #318 on: February 5, 2015, 10:55:34 pm »

With research time, people could plan their picks perfectly, and the person who runs it could throw it all out of the window by swapping some months around :D
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #319 on: February 5, 2015, 11:23:58 pm »
With research time, people could plan their picks perfectly, and the person who runs it could throw it all out of the window by swapping some months around :D

Bu there's no such thing as planning picks perfectly in a sheep draft  ;D