Author Topic: Any Baseball Lovers Around  (Read 552782 times)

Offline seawa

• will do anything for a hob nob
  • Kopite
Re: Any Baseball Lovers Around
« Reply #240 on: June 20, 2005, 05:32:27 pm »
That's a shame Kinch,as the M's are finally starting to play well! 
I can understand your choice though.  ;)

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #241 on: June 20, 2005, 05:39:36 pm »
Apologies for butting in like this but this is a question for Liz. My old roommate lived in a suburb of Seattle (I think) and attended quite a few games through the years in the old stadium. He always told me it was a dive. Any thoughts?

Offline Kinch

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #242 on: June 20, 2005, 05:58:25 pm »
My girl and I are probably taking a trip to the Pacific NW next year and hopefuly we'll make a game at Safeco
"Since the beginning of the world you have fought against our gentle power with your coarse weakness; and when you triumph over us for an hour, you croak and clamour merrily like the frogs of the water. And when we conquer you and subdue you for an age, we remain as silent giants."

Offline seawa

• Kopite
« Reply #243 on: June 20, 2005, 07:03:49 pm »
Apologies for butting in like this but this is a question for Liz. My old roommate lived in a suburb of Seattle (I think) and attended quite a few games through the years in the old stadium. He always told me it was a dive. Any thoughts?

Ahhhh the old Kingdome . . . yeah it was a dump. ;D 
Every time I see the Metrodome on tv, I am reminded how lucky we are to have Safeco Field.  I was at the final M's game in the Kingdome, which was a lot of fun.  Missed the implosion unfortunately, as I was visiting friends in Florida at the time.

Kinch - that's great - let me know if you can make it up here.   :wave

Offline Brigor Cheyaore

• Kopite
  • The Next Pires!
« Reply #244 on: June 21, 2005, 12:46:17 am »
Enjoyed watching the Mariners against the Mets, nice to see some good young players playing well.  The future might not be so bad after all if they can get some good starters for next year.

As for the league, a mere .06 points separates my Portland from Wholey's Wonders at the top!
RAWK Fantasy Baseball 2006 Champion!

Offline nyujvary

• RAWK's finest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay calm, all is well!
« Reply #245 on: June 21, 2005, 12:53:05 am »
Bosox vs the red hot Indians on ESPN 2

Offline Kinch

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #246 on: June 21, 2005, 01:32:50 am »
Kinch - that's great - let me know if you can make it up here.   :wave

I will
"Since the beginning of the world you have fought against our gentle power with your coarse weakness; and when you triumph over us for an hour, you croak and clamour merrily like the frogs of the water. And when we conquer you and subdue you for an age, we remain as silent giants."

Offline seawa

• Kopite
« Reply #247 on: June 21, 2005, 03:11:02 am »
Enjoyed watching the Mariners against the Mets, nice to see some good young players playing well.  The future might not be so bad after all if they can get some good starters for next year.

Yeah it was a great weekend for the M's.

And I do love watching Mike Morse   ;)

Offline brightonpete

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #248 on: June 21, 2005, 03:24:29 am »
boston just gaveup a 2 run homer,doh,so its 9 to 7 red sox bottom of the 8th,damn i've been here to long.the red hot indians...to much curry powder i guess.crap another home run. :no

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: June 21, 2005, 11:40:10 am »
Thanks for that, I flat out refuse to stay behind blurred so I've given my team a bit of a shake up, a gamble given the players dropped but I'm sure my new strategy will soon be paying dividends.

Offline seawa

• Kopite
« Reply #250 on: June 21, 2005, 05:59:05 pm »

4  LFC Rouders inc.         2132.08
 5  Area 51                      2121.66

I'm closing in on the top 4 now!  :D

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: June 21, 2005, 06:02:20 pm »
I also figured out why I have some strange scores. All my starting pitchers are scheduled to pitch at the same time. I haven't had a pitcher start a game for 4 days but tomorrow they are all starting so should be catch up time. BTW seawa what's with the custome title?

Offline seawa

• Kopite
« Reply #252 on: June 21, 2005, 06:05:57 pm »
BTW seawa what's with the custome title?

It appeared last year after I made the mistake of posting in thread about custom titles.
Not entirely sure what I did to earn this particular title though ;D

Offline nyujvary

• RAWK's finest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay calm, all is well!
« Reply #253 on: June 22, 2005, 03:44:59 am »
Anyone watching the Yankees/Devil Rays game? Yankees come back form 7-1, 10-2, 11-7, in a 13 run 8th inning, absolute madness...

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: June 22, 2005, 12:27:23 pm »
Anyone watching the Yankees/Devil Rays game? Yankees come back form 7-1, 10-2, 11-7, in a 13 run 8th inning, absolute madness...
No wonder Piniella has been moaning to management. It must be driving him crazy when ownership shows practically no interest in improving a dreadful team. I know he lives in Tampa but this guy takes his baseball seriously and that was pathetic last night.

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #255 on: June 22, 2005, 01:34:43 pm »
Pity that we can't get rid of some of the non-playing players.

Some talent in those teams.
If you're reading this signature as a result of reading a post of mine in 'The Bets Thread', then please ignore the aforementioned post as I'm likely to be spouting bollocks and if you follow me, you'll lose money. Thank You.

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: June 22, 2005, 01:45:33 pm »
I guarentee that within 4 weeks I'll be in the top 4. RDB is playing, might have to get onto the kensington manager and find out if they're willing to do a trade or two. :D

Offline Kinch

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #257 on: June 22, 2005, 03:47:13 pm »
Erm, unless I'm reading it wrong people seem to be getting points from their bench players. I think that some of you can add a couple of slots for players that you have on the DL too.

Offline Kinch

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #258 on: June 22, 2005, 04:13:53 pm »
If a player goes on the DL they're not considered part of your lineup so you can add another player until they're healthy again.

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: June 22, 2005, 04:25:08 pm »
I'm aware of that, but what happens when they come off the DL - you have too many players in your squad - does the replacement immediately get dropped or do you get a choice? what if you don't log in the day that the player comes off?

The player who has come off the DL list will be at the bottom of your team, you do not have to put him straight back in the line up but as soon as you do you must drop the replacement player immediately.

Offline seawa

• Kopite
« Reply #260 on: June 22, 2005, 04:29:56 pm »
No wonder Piniella has been moaning to management. It must be driving him crazy when ownership shows practically no interest in improving a dreadful team. I know he lives in Tampa but this guy takes his baseball seriously and that was pathetic last night.

Poor Lou, really feel for him right now.  I'm sure he was hoping he could do for Tampa Bay what he did for Seattle, but he has never been given the resources to work with.

Offline seawa

• Kopite
« Reply #261 on: June 25, 2005, 07:21:29 am »
Fun game tonight at Petco Park  8)

All those runs should help out my fantasy team too  ;)

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: June 25, 2005, 02:15:20 pm »
Might I take this opportunity to remind members of the following Yahoo Fantasy Baseball Rules.

1. All league-related transactions will be executed with the intent of improving the owner's team and/or its standing within the league.

2. No owner may drop or dump players from their team for any reason other than improving their own team and/or its standing within the league.

3. No owner will engage in any action that may be deemed to be collusive (two or more owners agreeing to make moves that benefit one team, but not the other).

4. No owner will make any roster moves (including waiver claims, trade proposals, etc.) whose sole purpose is to hamper the play of other owners.

5. No owner will take any action whose purpose is to, in any way, interfere with fair play in a league.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 02:24:42 pm by raptor24 »

Offline Kinch

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #263 on: June 25, 2005, 07:49:00 pm »
Fun game tonight at Petco Park  8)

All those runs should help out my fantasy team too  ;)
:no

;D

Darrell May is bad but Tim Redding is absolutely dire. I was actually at the game because my friend came up with a ticket last minute. Ichiro is a joy to watch, he gunned a ball from the outfield on a play at the plate and had the runner out by a mile but Borders dropped the ball. Richie Sexon can fuck right off though, that guy has always hit well against us, especially when he played for Arizona.

Offline seawa

• Kopite
« Reply #264 on: June 25, 2005, 10:16:10 pm »
Yeah it's too bad Borders couldn't hold on to the ball as that was a great throw by Ichiro.  I've been at Safeco when he threw out a runner at third, and it is beatiful to see.  :D

What did you think of our rookie SS Mike Morse?  Just came up last month and he has been very impressive!

Not enjoying today's game so far . . .

Offline Kinch

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #265 on: June 25, 2005, 10:59:35 pm »
I wasn't paying that close attention to be honest coz I was carrying on with my friend, plus after the score got into double-digits I started closing my eyes whenever someone from the Mariners came to bat.
Damn, I forgot that it was a day-game today. I like those PCL throw-back jerseys, I hope that they sell replicas one of these days.

Offline seawa

• Kopite
« Reply #266 on: June 25, 2005, 11:19:58 pm »
Those PLC uniforms are great.  :D

It wasn't supposed to be a day game according to my schedule - I think Fox picked it up at the last minute because your man Peavy was pitching.

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: June 26, 2005, 12:03:07 am »
Broken hearted at the ineptitude of the Yankees these days, Seawa?  ;D

Offline Lo

• is Hamilton
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: June 26, 2005, 08:36:31 am »
I believe there a few people unhappy with a trade i made with Blurred and subsequently as some of you are unhappy and others were told to be unhappy than the trade will not be allowed to go ahead

Surely i can decide for myself who the hell I want to trade and keep and if I think the trade was reasonable than so be it

I'll just have to put a little more effort in to this and who cares if I win or loose so long as i finish above Raptor  ;D

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: June 26, 2005, 11:54:57 am »
Surely i can decide for myself who the hell I want to trade and keep and if I think the trade was reasonable than so be it

I refer you to my previous post regarding the rules.

3. No owner will engage in any action that may be deemed to be collusive (two or more owners agreeing to make moves that benefit one team, but not the other).

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #270 on: June 26, 2005, 12:05:37 pm »
I don't think it's a dodgy trade.

Apart from this last week, Hunter has been outscoring Manny over the season.

Hunter has more runs, strikes out less, steals more bases and has more doubles.

Manny has more home runs and RBI's but apart from that recent power surge, I think they're quite easily matched.

Lo might have rode his power surge and is looking to offload??
If you're reading this signature as a result of reading a post of mine in 'The Bets Thread', then please ignore the aforementioned post as I'm likely to be spouting bollocks and if you follow me, you'll lose money. Thank You.

Offline seawa

• Kopite
« Reply #271 on: June 26, 2005, 05:29:09 pm »
Broken hearted at the ineptitude of the Yankees these days, Seawa?  ;D

Always nice to see the Yankees struggle, of course.  But I haven't been paying much attention to them, to be honest.  I'm more concerned with the AL West.

Offline seawa

• Kopite
« Reply #272 on: June 26, 2005, 05:51:01 pm »
Mariners first, RAWK league second.

Which may be why I've fallen to 6th in the league ;D

Offline Lo

• is Hamilton
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: June 26, 2005, 07:23:13 pm »

and rumours of Lo riding a power surge are greatly exaggerated!! ;)

;D

Offline Wholey

• Sportsdaq King
  • Legacy Fan
  • Choo Choo!
« Reply #274 on: June 30, 2005, 01:21:44 pm »
Good night for me last night.

Lackey was pitching well until he hit a jam in the 5th but his strikeouts carried me through.

Loving this game.  ;D

I'm open to offers for Freddy Garcia as well btw.

Offline seawa

• Kopite
« Reply #275 on: July 1, 2005, 04:48:06 pm »
Hard to say who is doing worse right now, the Mariners or my fantasy team  :-\

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: July 1, 2005, 04:52:49 pm »
I've had a couple of decent days and predict with great confidence I'll be in the top four within 3 weeks.

Offline Lo

• is Hamilton
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: July 1, 2005, 05:34:44 pm »
I've had a couple of decent days and predict with great confidence I'll be in the top four within 3 weeks.

Maybe so but Garreth will still be in front of you  ;D

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: July 1, 2005, 05:53:23 pm »
Watch your comments miss, I have the power to lock you. ;D

Offline Lo

• is Hamilton
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: July 1, 2005, 05:55:17 pm »