Author Topic: FC Barcelona  (Read 877411 times)

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FC Barcelona
« Reply #9600 on: August 10, 2022, 07:01:23 pm »
Please please please let these go into bankruptcy never to return, I genuinely put them in the same category as Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Saudi FC and the Plastics in destroying the sport.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #9601 on: August 10, 2022, 07:03:13 pm »

Is the bottom version what they were signed on at, and the top what they are actually paying them??

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9602 on: August 10, 2022, 07:31:37 pm »
The top one is what they claim to be paying the players.  ;D

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9603 on: August 10, 2022, 07:34:31 pm »
The top one is what they claim to be paying the players.  ;D

Kind of like Trump does his taxes.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9604 on: August 10, 2022, 07:54:56 pm »
Martin Braithwaite on nearly £100,000 per week is just *chef's kiss*.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #9605 on: August 10, 2022, 07:57:47 pm »
Kind of like Trump does his taxes.

Barca really are turning into FC Trump to be fair ;D

Anything not suiting their agenda is fake news according to them. Like it might be a good idea to save money when knee-deep in debt! WRONG! FAKE NEWS! #MakeBarcaGreatAgain  :butt
Linudden.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9606 on: August 10, 2022, 11:03:52 pm »
In that article above:

"while the contract renewals signed by Sergi Roberto and Ousmane Dembele have not been registered either."

I'm guessing that is why Gavi still hasn't signed anything?

Different situation, Gavi is already registered from still being there since last year and his would be a contract extension. Dembele is a “new signing” because they let his contract fully expire before eventually re-signing him, I’m assuming the same is true for Roberto hence the need to register both again. Another fuck up by Barca to not realise the expiration of those contracts would lead to the need to re-register.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9607 on: August 10, 2022, 11:51:52 pm »
Different situation, Gavi is already registered from still being there since last year and his would be a contract extension. Dembele is a “new signing” because they let his contract fully expire before eventually re-signing him, I’m assuming the same is true for Roberto hence the need to register both again. Another fuck up by Barca to not realise the expiration of those contracts would lead to the need to re-register.
Especially as that's exactly what happened last year with Leo Messi

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #9608 on: August 11, 2022, 07:11:28 am »
So I spoke to my Barca friends here the other day. All the talk was of Lewandowski (fair enough!) and 60,000 people turning up to watch his signing at Camp Nou, and how they will win the Champions League this year. Zero discussion of any of the above.

Then they turn to me and ask what happened to Mané. Fair enough question as well I guess. But the idea that we are unable to chuck €500,000 a week (whether on paper or in reality) at players to get them to stay is alien to them.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #9609 on: August 11, 2022, 10:56:42 am »
So I spoke to my Barca friends here the other day. All the talk was of Lewandowski (fair enough!) and 60,000 people turning up to watch his signing at Camp Nou, and how they will win the Champions League this year. Zero discussion of any of the above.

Then they turn to me and ask what happened to Mané. Fair enough question as well I guess. But the idea that we are unable to chuck €500,000 a week (whether on paper or in reality) at players to get them to stay is alien to them.

Not speaking to your friends, but some of these fans are the pits, especially the ones who abused De Jong for not taking a pay cut, while his club try to flog him to ballast their ludicrous debt situation.

Hope Barca getting shafted from all angles. A 16 point deduction would be best, to show up who actually wants to play for them and to almost certain force them to miss Champions League next term.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9610 on: August 11, 2022, 11:03:31 am »
Not speaking to your friends, but some of these fans are the pits, especially the ones who abused De Jong for not taking a pay cut, while his club try to flog him to ballast their ludicrous debt situation.

Hope Barca getting shafted from all angles. A 16 point deduction would be best, to show up who actually wants to play for them and to almost certain force them to miss Champions League next term.
I'm not sure about that.  Spain having four CL places but three clubs far and away above the rest means it's quite hard for any of those three to miss out.  Barca were shambolic for much of last season and changed managers mid-season but still finished eight points clear of fifth.  Xavi seems a competent manager and, assuming they can register their new players, they have a strong squad.

In 2021 Barca finished 17 points clear of fifth and 22 points clear in 2020.

A few seasons outside the CL would surely kill them though.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #9611 on: August 11, 2022, 11:12:16 am »

My friends are sound. Maybe it helps they are Catalan locals and Barcelona born and bred. Saying that, there will always be an air of arrogance surrounding Barcelona.

All that said, it doesn´t mean i don´t also want Barca to get shafted!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9612 on: August 11, 2022, 07:58:31 pm »
My friends are sound. Maybe it helps they are Catalan locals and Barcelona born and bred. Saying that, there will always be an air of arrogance surrounding Barcelona.

All that said, it doesn´t mean i don´t also want Barca to get shafted!
They may well be nice people, but it sounds like they've got their heads in the sand.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #9613 on: August 11, 2022, 08:22:00 pm »
Wasn't Joan Laporta supposed to be the sane one? I've seen lottery winners show more restraint than how Barca is going about their business in this transfer window.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9614 on: August 11, 2022, 08:26:30 pm »
game on Saturday at 3pm Eastern....no players newly signed are registered yet

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9615 on: August 11, 2022, 08:36:08 pm »

It would be so funny if they can’t register any of their new players. 😀
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #9616 on: August 11, 2022, 08:42:33 pm »
If that happens I wonder if they'll all be sitting together watching in the crowd? A sort of Limbo FC bench
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #9617 on: August 11, 2022, 09:24:40 pm »

The La Liga FFP rules are really quite crazy once you run afoul of them. Basically they could register some players now, whatever combination that equals 100% of their spending cap. The issue then though is whoever isn't registered Barca would need to raise fresh funds to then register them but only 20% of those fresh funds could go to player registrations since the spending cap was already agreed and they would now be exceeding the spending cap. So they would need to raise exponentially more money in that case meaning they probably wouldn't ever register those players. So they almost HAVE to get La Liga to agree that their spending cap is high enough to register them all right now or it may never happen.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9618 on: August 11, 2022, 09:50:04 pm »
La Liga seem a lot more robust on FFP than the PL. Barca really seem to be testing the limits of what they can get away with, whilst Everton didn't even get a slap on the wrist.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9619 on: August 11, 2022, 11:59:24 pm »
La Liga seem a lot more robust on FFP than the PL. Barca really seem to be testing the limits of what they can get away with, whilst Everton didn't even get a slap on the wrist.
Nor Abu Dhabi, the Plastics and neither will Saudi FC.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #9620 on: August 12, 2022, 02:23:37 am »
LOL

The fifth economic lever is Frenkie De Jong's departure.
@gerardromero
 [🎖️]

Sam McBride
@sammcbride19
·
Me, sobbing: You can’t just call every financial transaction a lever

Joan Laporta, selling a €10 hot dog at the concession stand: This is a lever

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9621 on: August 12, 2022, 02:53:58 am »
You would think the way they are treating their players that it would put off players from signing in the future, and put their agents offside as well. Probably not though ::)

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9622 on: August 12, 2022, 11:43:57 am »
More levers than a signalbox, that basketcase.  Don't necessarily want them to go under, would happily see them demoted beyond oblivion though!
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9623 on: August 12, 2022, 12:10:42 pm »
More levers than Old Trafford on 70 minutes.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #9624 on: August 12, 2022, 03:19:09 pm »
They’ve sold another 25% in Barca studios for €100m…

Seems to worth a huge amount more than lfctv….

Seems legit….

Note they’ve sold it to the guy who backed Laporte’s presidential campaign.

Barca studios was set up 3 years ago for €4m…. And it generates nearly no revenue.

:lmao
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 03:23:13 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #9625 on: August 12, 2022, 03:20:59 pm »
Do they still have the Mini Camp Nou? Seem to recall they were planning on getting a new stadium. If not, I’m surprised they’ve not sold that off.
AHA!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9626 on: August 12, 2022, 03:25:26 pm »
They should sell the rights to a TV company to just film them, their board meetings, training sessions etc for the next few seasons. Surely Netflix/Amazon/Apple would pay megabucks for that. You could get a whole episode out of next summer when they're talking about suing Pedri so they can register Pogba and David Luiz.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9627 on: August 12, 2022, 03:30:03 pm »
Do they still have the Mini Camp Nou? Seem to recall they were planning on getting a new stadium. If not, I’m surprised they’ve not sold that off.
Nah, that's gone, it's been replaced with a shite little thing that wouldn't look out of place in the National League.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9628 on: August 12, 2022, 03:58:34 pm »
They’ve sold another 25% in Barca studios for €100m…

Seems to worth a huge amount more than lfctv….

Seems legit….

Note they’ve sold it to the guy who backed Laporte’s presidential campaign.

Barca studios was set up 3 years ago for €4m…. And it generates nearly no revenue.

:lmao

hahahahahahahahaha.

Imagine if LaLiga accepts this farce.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9629 on: August 12, 2022, 04:40:07 pm »
hahahahahahahahaha.

If they're anything like the Premier League were with Everton they'll welcome anything remotely plausible just so they can get on with the season.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #9630 on: August 12, 2022, 05:08:52 pm »
If they're anything like the Premier League were with Everton they'll welcome anything remotely plausible just so they can get on with the season.

Real Betis are in the same boat, think they have 4+ players they currently can't register. Would probably cause some issues if they gave Barca a pass and not Betis. Granted Barca are worth way more to the league than Betis are.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #9631 on: August 12, 2022, 05:12:48 pm »
More levers than Old Trafford on 70 minutes.
;D

Think you'll find it's 45 minutes when it's against us
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #9632 on: August 12, 2022, 10:38:01 pm »
So they ended up being able to register all but Kounde. For Kounde they just need to reduce their wage bill by the same amount of his wages which assuming they come to some type of agreement with Pique and Busquets will get done. All we're basically left with is wondering what they'll try to sell next year.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #9633 on: August 12, 2022, 10:56:19 pm »
Sigh. Well the bill will come due eventually. I suppose if footy continues to produce exponential revenue growth in the face of la liga’s decline, the coming recession and deglobalisation this can still work.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9634 on: August 12, 2022, 10:57:03 pm »
So they ended up being able to register all but Kounde. For Kounde they just need to reduce their wage bill by the same amount of his wages which assuming they come to some type of agreement with Pique and Busquets will get done. All we're basically left with is wondering what they'll try to sell next year.
Sigh. Well the bill will come due eventually. I suppose if footy continues to produce exponential revenue growth in the face of la liga’s decline, the coming recession and deglobalisation this can still work.

complete scam

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #9635 on: August 13, 2022, 03:37:40 am »
It’s pretty fucked up to be selling future revenue for current gain. It’s selling the kids future.

It’s not what a football club should do. It’s what a fuck up government would do.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9636 on: August 13, 2022, 08:44:14 am »
It’s pretty fucked up to be selling future revenue for current gain. It’s selling the kids future.

It’s not what a football club should do. It’s what a fuck up government would do.

They're the elected representatives of Catalonia, after all.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9637 on: August 13, 2022, 08:51:53 am »
Please please please let these go into bankruptcy never to return, I genuinely put them in the same category as Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Saudi FC and the Plastics in destroying the sport.

Definitely agree with the sentiment given the way they've operated their finances in recent years/decade but you'd be remiss to not include Real Madrid in there given it's probably fair to say that they kick it off in Spain many years ago with the Galacticos and had to bail themselves out with so extremely dodgy under the table deals.  Let's not forget they're a total bunch of cvnts as well.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9638 on: August 13, 2022, 09:11:54 am »
Part of the deal was that they sold a percentage of their future TV revenues, right? Unless these revenues increase a lot, I don’t see how they can sustain this level of spending on wages and transfer fees.

The other way out would be if they got back to winning ways, but I don’t see how this squad is anywhere near CL-winning level. I don’t even think it’s good enough to get past Madrid for the La Liga title. They may have to resort to selling players for monster fees but other than Fati and Gavi where is the value in that squad?
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9639 on: August 13, 2022, 09:27:12 am »
hahahahahahahahaha.

Dodgy as fuck! Football is so fucking broken - surely La Liga will need to investigate that transaction