Author Topic: The Office AKA The UK Office - 'The Good One' - If you don't like it, piss off  (Read 86105 times)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

I watched it last night too, Always wondered about Dawn going back. Did she get another cab and tell her husband what was going on

Brents dating scenes were great

Was the Christmas one on last night? Will have to watch that again. I’ve seen the final couple of minutes a load of times (and it’s still amazing), but not the whole episodes for a while. I presume Dawn left her boyfriend at the airport having opened the secret Santa from Tim but you don’t really see do you?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Was the Christmas one on last night? Will have to watch that again. I’ve seen the final couple of minutes a load of times (and it’s still amazing), but not the whole episodes for a while. I presume Dawn left her boyfriend at the airport having opened the secret Santa from Tim but you don’t really see do you?

she got there when the party was still going, Michael Schumacher must be a cabbie

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm sorry, could we stop talking about my dead mother's breasts?
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm sorry, could we stop talking about my dead mother's breasts?

thats why women wear necklaces
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
she got there when the party was still going, Michael Schumacher must be a cabbie

She was on her way to Heathrow and Wernham Hogg is in Slough which is close by. All perfectly plausible I think.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
She was on her way to Heathrow and Wernham Hogg is in Slough which is close by. All perfectly plausible I think.

Ahh fair enough

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four

Always wondered about Dawn going back. Did she get another cab and tell her husband what was going on

One of the subtly dramatic moments handled so deftly by a show built around cringe, but about a bit more...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
One of the subtly dramatic moments handled so deftly by a show built around cringe, but about a bit more...

yeah it was a great bit of TV and great ending

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
Richard Blackwood! What are you doing here?
AHA!

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness

yeah it was a great bit of TV and great ending
Perfect song choice too.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Richard Blackwood! What are you doing here?

And not in a racist way.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
You think we care as much about your baby as you do? Just cos you let some useless tosser blow his beans up your muff...well done

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
Beans? Muff? Beans and muff

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Perfect song choice too.

Yaz wasn't it? Or was it Yazoo? What's the cut off?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 01:07:19 pm by Hazell »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
I'd have said Yaz but Yay's alright.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I'd have said Yaz but Yay's alright.

Never type on your phone is what I've taken away from this.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just watched episode where they go Chasers. Gareth in side car at the end had me in stitches.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Just watched episode where they go Chasers. Gareth in side car at the end had me in stitches.

The shifty little glance to the camera as they speed off. :D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The shifty little glance to the camera as they speed off. :D
:lmao it's just brilliant.

Brent "wasting an hour" with a woman and then telling her that her breath stinks had me laughing way more than it should ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
:lmao it's just brilliant.

Brent "wasting an hour" with a woman and then telling her that her breath stinks had me laughing way more than it should ;D

When the woman is all over Gareth in the club and her husband/boyfriend is just staring at Gareth. :D

It’s all so good.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
When the woman is all over Gareth in the club and her husband/boyfriend is just staring at Gareth. :D

It’s all so good.
It is genius. Looking forward to episode 6 and then starting season 2.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ill do you from behind, not up the arse, just from behind

great episode

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ill do you from behind, not up the arse, just from behind

great episode
Then he just bops his head to the music :lmao

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That first season is the greatest season of any sitcom
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
That first season is the greatest season of any sitcom
*series.

But yes, it's undoubtedly the best for me. Will be a hill I'd gladly die on against the mouthbreathers who think the US version is in any way shape or form better.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
*series.

But yes, it's undoubtedly the best for me. Will be a hill I'd gladly die on against the mouthbreathers who think the US version is in any way shape or form better.

I hate the fact this show has now become  known as  The Office UK

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
I hate the fact this show has now become  known as  The Office UK
It infuriates me that not only that it's become known as The UK Office, but that the American version is now just The Office.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Episode 6 when Gareth puts that woman on the floor after showing his army moves ;D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
How good is the Christmas special? Brent finally telling Finchy to F off and Dawn and Tim. Did get me sentimental. Brilliant. Some fantastic acting alongside the comedy.

Was thinking if I should give Extras a spin again.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Extras is great, so many great cameos. It was when Ricky started veering a bit towards more teary emotional stuff though so not quite Office level, but still class. Patrick Stewart the standout for me ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
How good is the Christmas special? Brent finally telling Finchy to F off and Dawn and Tim. Did get me sentimental. Brilliant. Some fantastic acting alongside the comedy.

Was thinking if I should give Extras a spin again.

CUSTARRRRRD!

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Extras is great, so many great cameos. It was when Ricky started veering a bit towards more teary emotional stuff though so not quite Office level, but still class. Patrick Stewart the standout for me ;D
Patrick Stewart's Extras cameo is sensational. I cannot watch it without breaking down in fits every time. It's flawless.

A shout out to Liam Neeson's cameo in Life's Too Short. It was an underwhelming program, his cameo there was dark and funny, not massively dissimilar to Stewart's in that you just don't expect it, but a big tone shift, because Stewart's is brilliant and ridiculous.

If anyone has 5 minutes spare, go and look at the outtakes for Gervais and Stewart's scene in the trailer. Can't believe they ever managed to get it finished.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Yeah that Liam Neeson cameo is very funny even if the whole show wasn’t the best. :D

The Ian McKellan one is very good too when he starts breaking down his craft.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
After Life is back 14th January

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
I've watched everything he's done since and I don't actually think Gervais has put out anything consistently good since Extras.

Even After Life, a whole season where I don't think I laughed once, it's 'best' moment was heavily advertised beforehand, supposed shock comedy of him insulting that young lad at the school.

He's dialled up the schlocky sentiment without retaining the laughs.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Can't find Extras on Netflix and Prime (without paying additionally for it) so will check Sky hopefully.

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
I've watched everything he's done since and I don't actually think Gervais has put out anything consistently good since Extras.

Even After Life, a whole season where I don't think I laughed once, it's 'best' moment was heavily advertised beforehand, supposed shock comedy of him insulting that young lad at the school.

He's dialled up the schlocky sentiment without retaining the laughs.

He's become a much better actor in that time but I think his writing has lost its subtle edge. I think After Life is an uptick after years of steadily diminishing returns. But I know people who said Derek was his best work. So...

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
Can't find Extras on Netflix and Prime (without paying additionally for it) so will check Sky hopefully.
It’s on BBC IPlayer thankfully