Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10

I think Taylor turned around a saw what looked like the keeper taking a freekick
, and Gakpo approaching. He blew his whistle, and after that realised he hadn't actually given a freekick and had now fucked up. Thats when he remembered the keeper had hurt his foot when he caught the ball, so he decided he'd cover up his fuckup by pretending the keeper needed medical attention.

To be honest, I don't think it has anything to do with Liverpool, I think he's just a shite ref who is way too much up his own arse, so he'd never even consider admitting his own mistakes.

Why would the ref think there was a freekick, when that same ref didn't give a freekick? Incompetence keeps being used as an excuse, yet their mistakes are getting worse and more bizarre.
Looking at Mats Weiffer stats, he seems to be a complete midfielder. Seems to be excellent in defence and his attacking numbers are great too. I know it’s only the Dutch league and you need to be cautious with a player over there but the numbers are impressive. Wonder if he’ll be on the shortlist if (hopefully) we target a number 6 this summer.

https://fbref.com/en/players/4876c9ab/Mats-Wieffer
Russian forces pushing to recapture Robotyne, but it seems that Ukraine - so far at least - have tactical drone superiority. The town and surrounding area look like the surface of the moon. :(

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/33LL8vXRfEM&amp;ab_channel=ReportingfromUkraine" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/33LL8vXRfEM&amp;ab_channel=ReportingfromUkraine</a>
I don't mind saying I enjoyed that afternoon, years of Ferguson and United made me want them to suffer and the fact that it was City made it better. It was a good game as well, the only exciting game I can remember City being involved in the PL.

I'm well over it now, nobody really knew what was going on then and they still had players like Lescott, Balotelli, Richards, Milner so it did not quite feel like they were cheating at that stage (front stage that is)

They also didn’t have Pep at the helm back then.
Former LFC Players / Re: Sadio Mané
« Last post by lionel_messias on Today at 08:10:39 am »
It's the same as Phil schofield and that fella got rinsed for having a bit of teenage fun.

I'm not sure how close this is to libelling two people at the same time but from what we know, Sadio Mane has done nothing illegal in any country.

You may not like it that he has married a much younger girl but there is no evidence of wrong-doing.
Maybe we need to find him a strike partner?

Either that or we better hope Arne Slot is absolutely ELITE at refining and developing forwards.

That miss against Everton is haunting me, over and over again.
Just imagine a football league where you could concentrate on the managers, the players, the tactics, how good they were on the day and the results afterwards.

Imagine that.

We used to have that once. When did that really go? Is there a way to get that back?

I'm bored shitless even talking about this any more. Is there a solution? Football is a very, very simple game. Why is this a problem every fucking week?
It's basically every game, Andy. Odd how, through this staggering incompetence, 115 FC basically never get a shit decision given against them (Hooper against Spurs is the only one I can recall) while they have more than a few in their favour. Very strange.

I personally stopped watching games (sticking to brief highlights) after seeing Webb's lies, where he justified the refs not giving Mac a penalty for being booted in the chest. The fact such an obvious penalty wasn't given was bad enough, the complete gaslighting that followed was insulting to the intelligence. At that point I decided that was enough; nearly made that decision after the Spurs farce. I don't plan to watch much of any of next season either. As has been said in this thread, football is no longer the release it was for me. I feel very sad about it as it's a big part of my life but it's such an objectively bad sport now.

I did see the incident yesterday and can't quite believe it happened, nor can I believe that Taylor will get away with what amounts to outright cheating. Actually, I can believe it because that's how it is now. The English Premier League is a terrible product. It produces mainly poor quality, uninteresting football with the odd exciting game, but most games are decided by refs and whether they get major decisions right in what is a low scoring sport where one incorrect decision can change everything.

We have football 'fans' who swallow the lies being fed, mainly because it affects a team they don't like. Apparently, terrible reffing decisions are part of the game now. I don't want to waste my time on such a sport. Then we have the "in your face" cheating from certain clubs...
News and Current Affairs / Re: Brexit. the Con continues
« Last post by BarryCrocker on Today at 08:06:48 am »
Ireland has landed a €700m (£600m) Brexit bonanza with a steep increase in tax revenues flowing from customs duties now applicable to imports of clothing, food and other goods from Great Britain.

Before Brexit, Britain enjoyed customs-free exports to Ireland and the rest of the EU because it was part of the single market and customs union.

But when Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson sealed a hard Brexit and quit the single market, it meant fresh controls, checks and duties would be payable on exports to the EU.

New data in Ireland shows a 90% jump in customs duty receipts in Ireland between 2020 and 2021 when Brexit came into force.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2024/apr/29/ireland-reaps-700m-brexit-bonanza-from-customs-duties
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Welcome Dominik Szoboszlai
« Last post by lionel_messias on Today at 08:04:59 am »
I hope that Hungary does poorly and exit early. Then he can come back here hungry and concentrate on rebuilding his career under Slot.

He's their captain and one of their main sources of goals, he won't want to do poorly and I don't think we want him in shit form going into a new season either.

It is bullshit how much football these guys play though.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Last post by Stan. on Today at 08:01:32 am »
Because some of us haven't thrown in the towel

Looks like the team have.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10