Author Topic: Anfield Road Redevelopment  (Read 307854 times)

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Anfield Road Redevelopment
« Reply #880 on: March 22, 2018, 06:13:07 am »
That piece is jumping the gun a little.  They haven’t got that far yet, although there have been significant conversations in the last few weeks.  Timeline is now to open in 2021, which is achievable.  I would be very surprised if this didn’t get built now and I still think they will make announcements relatively soon.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #881 on: March 22, 2018, 06:46:24 am »
2021? So working backwards if that's a 2 year build it means starting around summer 2019, and I guess they'll need planning etc for the larger capacity so will want to be going in for that in the next 6 months I imagine?

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #882 on: March 22, 2018, 04:17:24 pm »
2021? So working backwards if that's a 2 year build it means starting around summer 2019, and I guess they'll need planning etc for the larger capacity so will want to be going in for that in the next 6 months I imagine?
We have to submit the planning application by September 2019 per the original agreement involving the main stand etc. I think we're just using up the time to due diligence.
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #883 on: March 22, 2018, 04:21:10 pm »
We have to submit the planning application by September 2019 per the original agreement involving the main stand etc. I think we're just using up the time to due diligence.

That's so the old one doesn't lapse, but if we're going bigger then likely we'd need to submit more beyond that anyway.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #884 on: March 22, 2018, 04:34:34 pm »
Not a good source as the author......

I would take with a large pinch of salt right now...

Probably pinched for the TIA piece...

Never heard of him.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #885 on: March 22, 2018, 04:40:11 pm »
Well I don't think we can ever hope to earn as much as United and Arsenal but I don't think we should dick around over 2000 seats either.  Why expand by 6k if you can expand by 8k?  Not the time for half measures imo.  We should go for it.

That said I wouldn't expect construction to start for at least 12 months.  Probably the end of next season.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #886 on: March 22, 2018, 04:46:04 pm »
Well I don't think we can ever hope to earn as much as United and Arsenal but I don't think we should dick around over 2000 seats either.  Why expand by 6k if you can expand by 8k?  Not the time for half measures imo.  We should go for it.

That said I wouldn't expect construction to start for at least 12 months.  Probably the end of next season.
be hard to equal them with London prices plus United having about 20000 extra seats but we are going in the right direction

id like to hear something a bit more concrete than the daily fail though
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #887 on: March 22, 2018, 05:08:14 pm »
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #888 on: March 22, 2018, 05:09:50 pm »
My Sister's mate plays crown greeen bowling with Klopp.  I'll ask her if she's heard anything.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #889 on: March 22, 2018, 07:10:46 pm »
My Sister's mate plays crown greeen bowling with Klopp.  I'll ask her if she's heard anything.

Good lad. Tell her to ask him where he got his teeth done too.

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
« Reply #890 on: March 23, 2018, 09:13:28 am »

Without ARE and as is, with Euro games, the new stadium at 54,000 capacity (really 53,000 it seems) is earning in the region of £83m to £85m.  An expanded ARE dependent on size, on GA ticket sales alone would earn in the region of £8m to £10m i.e. in the area of £91m to £95m so about £10m behind Man u with a ground with 13,000 less capacity and almost on par with Arsenal.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #891 on: March 23, 2018, 09:40:31 am »
Without ARE and as is, with Euro games, the new stadium at 54,000 capacity (really 53,000 it seems) is earning in the region of £83m to £85m.  An expanded ARE dependent on size, on GA ticket sales alone would earn in the region of £8m to £10m i.e. in the area of £91m to £95m so about £10m behind Man u with a ground with 13,000 less capacity and almost on par with Arsenal.
well thats another thing. the figures of match day revenue is the year BEFORE champions league or any european football took place which at this rate is another 6 games including Hoffenheim and Man city. thats easily another few million right there.

even if we expanded Anfield road end theres more of a 13000 difference in fairness. if we had 60000 then they still have about 15000 more, isnt there rumours of them expanding further too?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 09:43:05 am by Hellrazor »

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #892 on: March 23, 2018, 01:12:35 pm »

even if we expanded Anfield road end theres more of a 13000 difference in fairness. if we had 60000 then they still have about 15000 more, isnt there rumours of them expanding further too?

Old Trafford is at 75,000, they lost some seats last year due to making changes for disabled facilities. The recent talk is that an expanded Anfield Road end would bring our capacity up to around 62,000, so 13,000 difference would be about right.

The obvious expansion area at Old Trafford is the Main Stand to bring it into line with the other three double tier stands they have. It wouldn't be straight-forward though, not only would they have to bridge the train line immediately behind the stand but the row of houses on the other side would most likely need to be bought over and knocked down.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #893 on: March 23, 2018, 04:01:46 pm »
Old Trafford is at 75,000, they lost some seats last year due to making changes for disabled facilities. The recent talk is that an expanded Anfield Road end would bring our capacity up to around 62,000, so 13,000 difference would be about right.

The obvious expansion area at Old Trafford is the Main Stand to bring it into line with the other three double tier stands they have. It wouldn't be straight-forward though, not only would they have to bridge the train line immediately behind the stand but the row of houses on the other side would most likely need to be bought over and knocked down.
is it 62k i thought it was 60k up from 58k

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #894 on: March 23, 2018, 04:07:31 pm »

Nice one, because I'd expect FSG would ask the Team Manager to update the bowling ladies with stadium updates.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #895 on: March 23, 2018, 04:10:27 pm »
is it 62k i thought it was 60k up from 58k

Not much else to tell.  Two tiers, no current plans to fill the corners in, capacity closer to 62000, won’t quite be as tall as the main stand, hope to open in 2020 but more likely 2021.   Nothing much to what said last week.

sonofkenny seems to have a bit of inside knowledge.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #896 on: March 23, 2018, 04:11:18 pm »
sonofkenny seems to have a bit of inside knowledge.
ok

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #897 on: March 23, 2018, 04:16:13 pm »
be hard to equal them with London prices plus United having about 20000 extra seats but we are going in the right direction

id like to hear something a bit more concrete than the daily fail though

That's the difference between us and Everton though.  We're trying to get a stadium capacity that's right for us.  We're not in a dick waving competition with United over who has the bigger stadium. 

Popcorn's Art

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #898 on: March 23, 2018, 04:19:03 pm »
That's the difference between us and Everton though.  We're trying to get a stadium capacity that's right for us.  We're not in a dick waving competition with United over who has the bigger stadium. 
oh i know. you cant just jump to 90000

it was a smart move to go up 8000 (aside from the fact it took the club bloody ages to do it given it was an issue that dragged on long before we even got taken over by the cowboys) initially. and no the demand is there go up again. united gradually increased over the years too.

Offline Ossie T

• Main Stander
« Reply #899 on: March 23, 2018, 05:11:36 pm »

Being on a par with Arsenal with similar capacity shows how ridiculous the ticket prices are at Anfield, we have always assumed with being based in London which means ticket prices are generally more expensive and the demand for corporate seats is higher that Arsenal would always earn more from match day revenue.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #900 on: March 23, 2018, 10:11:57 pm »
Being on a par with Arsenal with similar capacity shows how ridiculous the ticket prices are at Anfield, we have always assumed with being based in London which means ticket prices are generally more expensive and the demand for corporate seats is higher that Arsenal would always earn more from match day revenue.

Exactly the London premium is a myth purported by the people looking to defend £77 tickets. Look at the figures and look at the kind of money we are generating at the moment. A lack of capacity pushes people into buying Corporate tickets from the Club.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #901 on: March 24, 2018, 05:20:26 am »
Naming rights on the AR end seem a no-brainer too since there is no way they can ever do it on the stadium as a whole or the Kop or KD stands.

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
« Reply #902 on: March 24, 2018, 08:50:38 am »
Naming rights on the AR end seem a no-brainer too since there is no way they can ever do it on the stadium as a whole or the Kop or KD stands.

Vodaphone!

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #903 on: March 24, 2018, 09:14:01 am »
Didn’t manage it for the main stand though....

Why would it be any different for the ARE?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #904 on: March 24, 2018, 09:16:23 am »
Didn’t manage it for the main stand though....

Why would it be any different for the ARE?

I imagine we wanted a certain level of company (prestige and value) for the Main. Prob willing to take something a little less for the Anny.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #905 on: March 24, 2018, 11:11:30 am »
I imagine we wanted a certain level of company (prestige and value) for the Main. Prob willing to take something a little less for the Anny.

And you don’t see the main stand on tv coverage so suspect that puts people off

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #906 on: March 24, 2018, 01:33:18 pm »
And you don’t see the main stand on tv coverage so suspect that puts people off

Surely if someone/ company wants to sponsor a stand it would be ego reasons, not for financial..

The same way people own horses
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #907 on: March 24, 2018, 01:35:39 pm »
Surely if someone/ company wants to sponsor a stand it would be ego reasons, not for financial..

The same way people own horses

Businesses rarely make multi million pound decisions on ego.

Plus there are many reasons people own horses. Strange comparison.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #908 on: March 24, 2018, 01:37:08 pm »
Businesses rarely make multi million pound decisions on ego.

Plus there are many reasons people own horses. Strange comparison.

And that's why companies don't sponsor stands, because from a financial point of view they don't make sense.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #909 on: March 24, 2018, 01:39:46 pm »
Exactly the London premium is a myth purported by the people looking to defend £77 tickets. Look at the figures and look at the kind of money we are generating at the moment. A lack of capacity pushes people into buying Corporate tickets from the Club.

Supply and demand.  Scarcity sells.  If I go the Odeon these days I was go to the gallery and the IMAX 'cause a regular ticket plus snacks costs almost as much.

Oversaturate the market and the price falls, but too little and the price becomes unsustainably high.  This is something Everton have yet to get their head around.

Popcorn's Art

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #910 on: March 24, 2018, 01:53:00 pm »
And that's why companies don't sponsor stands, because from a financial point of view they don't make sense.

Plenty of stands do get sponsored. They just don't attract that high a price and are normally part of a larger tie in with the club.

Offline BaZ87

• Anny Roader
« Reply #911 on: March 24, 2018, 10:19:28 pm »
It looks like the days of the multi million pound naming rights deals are over or at least a hell of a lot harder to secure than 10 years ago. Not only has the £7-9m per season we were hoping for by selling the main stand naming rights never materialised, there were stories a month or two back about how Spurs are planning to go into next season with their stadium being called "The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium" as they're still yet to secure a deal for their new stadium despite previously talking up deals of £400m over 20 years.

The anfield road stand probably has more identity that the main stand and therefore is less appealing to potential sponsors. While I'm sure the club will be looking for a sponsor, I'd be surprised if it was pivotal to the project. I do wonder whether the possibility of selling the rights to both stands to one sponsor may make the proposition more appealing though.

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #912 on: March 25, 2018, 08:15:25 am »
It looks like the days of the multi million pound naming rights deals are over or at least a hell of a lot harder to secure than 10 years ago. Not only has the £7-9m per season we were hoping for by selling the main stand naming rights never materialised, there were stories a month or two back about how Spurs are planning to go into next season with their stadium being called "The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium" as they're still yet to secure a deal for their new stadium despite previously talking up deals of £400m over 20 years.

The anfield road stand probably has more identity that the main stand and therefore is less appealing to potential sponsors. While I'm sure the club will be looking for a sponsor, I'd be surprised if it was pivotal to the project. I do wonder whether the possibility of selling the rights to both stands to one sponsor may make the proposition more appealing though.
Why would they not call it White Hart Lane? As it’s still at White Hart Lane!

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #913 on: March 25, 2018, 09:13:37 am »
Why would they not call it White Hart Lane? As it’s still at White Hart Lane!
first thing I thought

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #914 on: March 25, 2018, 09:16:23 am »
Because if you refer to it as white heart lane, no one will sponsor it...

The moment you refer to it as white heart lane whilst waiting for naming rights, the rights are gone, because the name will always then be whiteheart lane in peoples heads.

Just like I still refer to the city of Manchester stadium and have no idea what city’s ground is called..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline BaZ87

• Anny Roader
« Reply #915 on: March 25, 2018, 01:18:27 pm »
Exactly that ^. They don't want to give the stadium an identity because if they did, especially one as strong as White Hart Lane, then it kills the possibility of attracting a huge sponsorship deal.

Anyway, the main point of my post was just that even brand new, nameless stadiums are struggling to attract naming rights deals, I'm not sure what chance we have of getting anything significant for a new Anfield Road stand.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #916 on: March 25, 2018, 01:22:16 pm »
Exactly that ^. They don't want to give the stadium an identity because if they did, especially one as strong as White Hart Lane, then it kills the possibility of attracting a huge sponsorship deal.

Anyway, the main point of my post was just that even brand new, nameless stadiums are struggling to attract naming rights deals, I'm not sure what chance we have of getting anything significant for a new Anfield Road stand.

Has  Catcherintherye realised that their stadium won't benefit from naming rights, if and, increasingly unlikely, when it is built?

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
« Reply #917 on: March 25, 2018, 02:17:01 pm »
Has  Catcherintherye realised that their stadium won't benefit from naming rights, if and, increasingly unlikely, when it is built?

Are you talking about the Liverpool City Council Stadium? The sponsorship deal that keeps on giving but by raising the profile of LCC worldwide more councilors get more offers to go on free jollies...  epic!! Allegedly and without prejudice

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
« Reply #918 on: March 25, 2018, 04:45:21 pm »
Went to Anfield yesterday....   and got a seat near the ARE and Main stand join...  it really does need sorting out.

My first time in the Main since it has been done out. I was in the top part of what would have been the old stand. Much more leg room than the Kop or seemed to be anyway... I didnt need to get up and go for a walk.

Cant believe they do not have draught beer, no wonder people leave seats early at half time or get back late. I ordered 3 pints, and then had to wait for each can to be poured... seriously!! I was amazed. Also didnt understand why all the food outlets closed before the game ended. Could have murdered a pizza and a pint after the game. Surely if they want to help traffic then they want to try and get people to hang around for a bit longer....  although is this down to laws/licensing regulations?

« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 04:47:20 pm by Macred »

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #919 on: March 25, 2018, 06:30:17 pm »
How do you expect to get a pint if they don’t pour it? I’m utterly confused by that comment.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A