Author Topic: MoTD thread  (Read 669918 times)

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
Re: MOTD thread
« Reply #6840 on: October 26, 2020, 01:08:54 am »
Digne had his arms up before he stepped on him. Could easily have been intentional.
Yeah, in real time I thought he hasn't meant to stamp on his ankle - he was just trying to clip him again as he had a split second earlier.

But on the replay, you clearly see that his arms go up just before the stamp and he's nowhere near the ball, or even attempting to go for the ball. He's playing the player, trying to give away a yellow card foul - but he takes it too far because he resorts to the stamp.

The first attempted trip was a yellow, and the reckless stamp was a blatant red. It's indefensible, despite Ancelotti's protests, and despite Lineker and Redknapp talking utter nonsense. The ref was 100% right, and VAR would have checked and agreed.

Do they still extend bans if there's a frivolous appeal?
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6841 on: October 31, 2020, 09:10:32 pm »
For no particular reason I rarely watch motd, but here's an advanced warning for those that do in case there's a a faux outrage at Mo getting a penno. Many years ago, I'll say 10, Alan Shearer declared if you're touched in the box, go down, its a pen. Michael Owen said something similar also. That's the strikers union for you, whether its right or wrong.

Roll the tape - its all there to find.

So if any c*nt wades in on Mo tonight or tomorrow, or whenever they can fuck off. These times are hard enough without us stressing over pricks, who unfortunately we use to revere as footballers and may hold a tad of respect for (not you though Danny M, you're one bad fucking ted now).

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6842 on: October 31, 2020, 09:25:21 pm »
For no particular reason I rarely watch motd, but here's an advanced warning for those that do in case there's a a faux outrage at Mo getting a penno. Many years ago, I'll say 10, Alan Shearer declared if you're touched in the box, go down, its a pen. Michael Owen said something similar also. That's the strikers union for you, whether its right or wrong.

So if any c*nt wades in on Mo tonight or tomorrow, or whenever they can fuck off. These times are hard enough without us stressing over pricks, who unfortunately we use to revere as footballers and may hold a tad of respect for (not you though Danny M, you're one bad fucking ted now).

Shearer was adamant that Calvert-Lewin/Lovren one was a clear penalty, clever play, poor defending etc.

They also won’t factor in the very many times Mo gets fouled, doesn’t scream and doesn’t get a penalty for his troubles.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6843 on: October 31, 2020, 09:30:59 pm »
Shearer was adamant that Calvert-Lewin/Lovren one was a clear penalty, clever play, poor defending etc.

They also won’t factor in the very many times Mo gets fouled, doesn’t scream and doesn’t get a penalty for his troubles.

They also said Albrighton kicking Mane in the back of the shin was "a dive" because there was a slight delayed reaction before he went down. Shows how clueless they are.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6844 on: October 31, 2020, 09:39:52 pm »

I think Rooney said something similar, might have been in a different context though.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6845 on: October 31, 2020, 10:30:42 pm »
It's TRUE though, Salah carries on and we wouldnt get a penalty. That's also true for a majority of free kicks and penalties. Theres no reward in playing too honest

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6846 on: October 31, 2020, 10:53:37 pm »
Gonna be a classic tonight, Danny Murphy Oxygen thief on.

Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6847 on: October 31, 2020, 10:54:57 pm »
Did West Ham really play a 3-4-3 ? Can't say I noticed that bit.
 :o

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #6848 on: October 31, 2020, 10:59:12 pm »
I love this new interpretation of the rules regarding contact. Does that mean that it is okay to punch someone or headbutt them as long as it doesn't knock them clean off their feet.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6849 on: October 31, 2020, 11:04:07 pm »
Get to f**k Moyes calling Salah a diver. Hope Salah does a Suarez to him next time we meet and he scores

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6850 on: October 31, 2020, 11:04:37 pm »
Moyes, have a day off, same verbal shite for years, hope Salah dives in front of his dug out next game.
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6851 on: October 31, 2020, 11:05:06 pm »
Fuck off Shearer.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #6852 on: October 31, 2020, 11:05:21 pm »
It's all so predictable.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6853 on: October 31, 2020, 11:05:35 pm »
Fuck off 3 c*nts.

Edit: Three ABSOLUTE c*nts

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6854 on: October 31, 2020, 11:05:40 pm »
Fuck off Shearer.

And fuck off Murphy.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6855 on: October 31, 2020, 11:05:52 pm »
Absolute wankers
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #6856 on: October 31, 2020, 11:06:34 pm »
Contact not fouls
Shearer contradicting himself once again

Dickhead
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6857 on: October 31, 2020, 11:06:35 pm »
It's all so predictable.

Sadly yes. Yet tomorrow night they'll be talking about Utd's penalty and saying Fernandes was right to go down

Online MadErik

• Legacy Fan
  • NS
« Reply #6858 on: October 31, 2020, 11:06:38 pm »
Three wankers.
"I was only in the game for the love of football -- and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #6859 on: October 31, 2020, 11:07:36 pm »
Moyes, have a day off, same verbal shite for years, hope Salah dives in front of his dug out next game.

A man who sent a video to the FA outlining how Andy Johnson never got as many pennos as his diving deserved.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Shite Name

• With a post history to match it.
  • Kopite
« Reply #6860 on: October 31, 2020, 11:08:02 pm »
Fuck off MOTD, having a pop at Mo, but if it was that c*nt at Utd, they’d all say it was a deffo pen, fucking wankers.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6861 on: October 31, 2020, 11:08:08 pm »
How do these xenophobic cnuts get away with it.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6862 on: October 31, 2020, 11:08:16 pm »
If Rashford goes down under no contact tomorrow these two would say the defender shouldn’t hang a leg out and give the referee a decision to make.   ::)

Online MadErik

• Legacy Fan
  • NS
« Reply #6863 on: October 31, 2020, 11:08:41 pm »
Those three twats are stealing a living.
"I was only in the game for the love of football -- and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool."

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6864 on: October 31, 2020, 11:08:42 pm »
Any links?
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6865 on: October 31, 2020, 11:08:59 pm »
Contact not fouls
Shearer contradicting himself once again

Dickhead

Shearer needs to pick a view and stick to it. One night he says if you get contact in the box you go down, next he says going down under little contact is a dive. It actually annoys me that we've heard in the space of a few hours Souness, Moyes, Shearer and Murphy call Salah a diver yet I have never, ever heard them say that about far worse offenders

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #6866 on: October 31, 2020, 11:09:57 pm »
Big Ears (I cant be arsed spell checking his name) literally called it a "dive".

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6867 on: October 31, 2020, 11:10:50 pm »
To be fair to Danny (Oxygen thief) Murphy, he did say that 'if players don't go down they won't get a penalty'. He then states that 'but we don't want to see that' - so what point are you making dickhead?

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #6868 on: October 31, 2020, 11:12:21 pm »
The most expected bit of punditry ever.
Internet terrorist

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6869 on: October 31, 2020, 11:12:42 pm »
Chelsea v Burnley : Keeper takes out the forward after the shot was taken.  I remember at the end of last season when a United player was taken out after the shot was taken and they all said it was definitely penalty.

Bet that doesn’t get mentioned this time.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6870 on: October 31, 2020, 11:16:18 pm »
Whatever happened to the days when you could watch Match Of The Day and get some insight into how a team set up or see things that you can't get from watching a game on TV and not in person like off the balls moves or team shapes. Now all you get is cliche shite and "you would have scored that' nonsense from tubes like Shearer and Murphy. Think I've just answered my own question

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6871 on: October 31, 2020, 11:19:10 pm »
A man who sent a video to the FA outlining how Andy Johnson never got as many pennos as his diving deserved.

Unfortunately for him, the video was in Betamax format, the FA only had Video 2000 machines so were unable to view the video. Everyone else in the world was using the VHS format.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #6872 on: October 31, 2020, 11:27:11 pm »
Any links?
Yes.
The three of them are gobshites.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #6873 on: October 31, 2020, 11:29:34 pm »
So much cryarsing on MotD tonight about Salah going down... He's been wrestled to the ground on a number of occasions and got fuck all from the refs. Today he got his just desserts.

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6874 on: November 1, 2020, 12:02:32 am »
Can't imagine even tuning in.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #6875 on: November 1, 2020, 12:15:05 am »
Contact alone is not enough for a penalty. Kicking the botttom of someones boots in the box is a OK.
Noted.
Arsenal defenders, do try this against Man Utd today and see where it gets you.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Gaz75

• Kopite
« Reply #6876 on: November 1, 2020, 12:25:24 am »
Yes.
The three of them are gobshites.
😁😁 brilliant

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #6877 on: November 1, 2020, 12:33:57 am »
Remember when Shearer said that Calvert-Lewin when Degsy put his hand on him in the box in the derby a few years ago that attackers are entitled to go down when they feel contact?

Seems like that only applies to plucky English lads, mucky foreigners are divers!

Silly bald contradicting twat
« Last Edit: November 1, 2020, 12:36:45 am by Wabaloolah »
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #6878 on: November 1, 2020, 12:36:01 am »
Moyes is a bigger c*nt than I thought he was, literally accused Mo of diving, his player knew it was a penalty, no protest from him. Fuck off Moyes you blue nosed gormless, winless bell
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6879 on: November 1, 2020, 12:39:57 am »
Moyes is a bigger c*nt than I thought he was, literally accused Mo of diving, his player knew it was a penalty, no protest from him. Fuck off Moyes you blue nosed gormless, winless bell

Managers like him are cowards. Far easier to stand their and accuse an opposition player of diving than show some actual ambition for once and try and win the game fair and square. I said it in the post game thread but I love it when you see them chucking on attacking players in the last few minutes, trying in vain to claw back the game. Maybe if he’d brought them on 20 minutes sooner they could have impacted the game like ours did.

Why change the habit of a career though.