Author Topic: Liverpool 0-0 Man United: Half-time...  (Read 204383 times)

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool 0-0 Man United: Half-time...
« Reply #2640 on: October 15, 2011, 01:36:06 pm »
Disappointing first half.
We are sitting too deep and Suarez is isolated upfront. Giving the ball way too much.
Second half will be a tough battle when they bring on Rooney.

Offline Thiago

• Legacy Fan
  • Knows more than you
« Reply #2641 on: October 15, 2011, 01:36:10 pm »
We've been shit, they've been shit. Hard to call a result right now.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool v Manchester United 15th October 12:45
« Reply #2642 on: October 15, 2011, 01:36:18 pm »
by far the better team in possession but haven't created anywhere near enough. united have been fucking garbage and can't be that bad in the second half. defence have had the cigars out. jones seems to be man marking adam which is weird.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2643 on: October 15, 2011, 01:36:20 pm »
Not much happening in the way of opportunities. Utd have more possession in front of goal and apart form Suarez's chance there hasn't been much else to this.

Looks like this is gonna be a smash and grab.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline trembles97

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2644 on: October 15, 2011, 01:36:24 pm »
Really think that Adam's plan is to only put some effort in when he has the ball, he offers nothing defensively and doesn't really move off of the ball. I'd rather have Gerrard in the middle with Lucas, Kuyt on the right, Carroll up front and Suarez behind him. It just creates more space in the midfield and up front when Ferdinand and Jones have to worry about Carroll, Suarez slips in the channels unnoticed.

Offline Noelle

• iverpoo?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2645 on: October 15, 2011, 01:36:32 pm »
Not our best first half, but decent overall. Need to find ourselves in front of goal a bit but that said I think we've looked more like scoring than the Mancs have at any point. Lucas definitely not at his best today. Also, has Martin Kelly not heard of a barber shop?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2646 on: October 15, 2011, 01:36:52 pm »
Very cagey.

Tactical nullification really.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline lets Ngo

• Main Stander
  • We know the Kwality we have in the Shquaad
« Reply #2647 on: October 15, 2011, 01:36:53 pm »
Bring on Hendo pleeease.
"Torres literally left Ben Haim for dead"- Jamie Redknapp

Offline JN Jonsson

• Considerably richer than yow... richer even than Southern Pansy
  • Kopite
  • Hub of the Internet-Terrorists.
« Reply #2648 on: October 15, 2011, 01:36:55 pm »
Lucas not so cool today.. .Either way, only Carra/Skrtel, Kelly and Adam is looking like something to put under the tree
Gimme gimme jon, Gimme jonjoooohhh
Gimme gimme jon, Gimme jonjoooohhh
(Britney Speares - Give me moore)

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2649 on: October 15, 2011, 01:37:04 pm »
Frustrated!

Where is kuyt playing, where is gerrard playing, where is downing playing? There all over the shop. Suarez should of stayed at home because nobody can be arsed supporting him. I could understand if they were playing really attackive but there not.

As much as man u have come for a point so have we because were sitting that fucking deep its embarrasing. Adam is doing well and enrique has been immense.

I'm so pissed off at the lack of effort in support suarez, he's travelled further than anybody else this last week and worked his socks off for his national team and is the only attacking player out there giving it his all. fuck me.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #2650 on: October 15, 2011, 01:37:09 pm »
One of the few interesting tactical battles in the league. Ferguson's defo learned from the last couple of years and he picked a line-up to survive the first half and make the centre of the park as scrappy as possible, and it's worked for him so far. They've got that mental bench as well.

Still, our bench isn't as good, but there's enough on ours to think we can change the game with the subs if we need to, just like they can.

Got the horrible feeling Marriner is working himself to sending Lucas off.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2651 on: October 15, 2011, 01:37:10 pm »
Suarez is isolated but the reason we are dominating is because the extra man in the middle.

Offline Bondred

• Wouldn't know a palindrome from an emordnilap. Hi, I'm Bond. Blames Bond.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2652 on: October 15, 2011, 01:37:16 pm »
Only thing worrying me, is that they have a much stronger bench then us, I think that may win the game.
'If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains.'

Offline zakka

• Main Stander
« Reply #2653 on: October 15, 2011, 01:37:17 pm »
when going forward there dosnt seem to be much movement off the ball, suarez is left isolated alot imo, hopefully it will change in the second half. bit wary of ther bench, could make a big impact.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #2654 on: October 15, 2011, 01:37:22 pm »
Their bench worried me now. We have coped easy enough so fart but they have some quality to come. We haven't really looked at it today though Luis should have scored. Looks likely that the odd goal will nick it now.

Offline GoodStuff

• Kopite
« Reply #2655 on: October 15, 2011, 01:37:23 pm »
Kuyt rubbish so far. As expeted. Downing not much better. Rest okay. Adam and Enrique good. Suarez should have scored. Need to replace Kuyt ASAP, useless as always. If he stays on he better score or assist cos hes been crap.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2656 on: October 15, 2011, 01:37:23 pm »
I think we look really nervous at times...players giving it away when they wouldnt normally do so.

Offline iRed

• Kopite
« Reply #2657 on: October 15, 2011, 01:37:28 pm »
The Liverpool attack goes mostly like this: shit cross, shit cross, hoof, shit cross, shit cross, shit cross, Suarez brilliant, shit cross, hoof, shit cross.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2658 on: October 15, 2011, 01:37:41 pm »
Not much of a surprise really, Suarez isolated, them overcrowding the midfield to try and stifle us. Had some chances, but no luck. Expect it to open up around the hour mark.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Online Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #2659 on: October 15, 2011, 01:37:41 pm »
think this will get tougher as the game goes on. occasionally balls have gone across the box but none of players are in there. Apart from losing possession to park thought enrique has been really good. Worried about a sending off with both lucas and skrtel both on yellows.

I can see us tiring especially gerrard
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline benn25

• Finger licker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2660 on: October 15, 2011, 01:37:46 pm »
Bit scrappy. Canceling each other out really. Need an injection of pace down the wing really to cause a bit of trouble.. Can't really say much other than that. Suarez had a wonderful chance. Wish he had slipped down the goalies side. Gerrard has played well. The only thing is Lucas needs to start taking a gamble and shooting more for me.
We just leave them be for a while, take a breather, let them settle, then bang!  All over them like a tramp on chips.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2661 on: October 15, 2011, 01:37:49 pm »
Well Ferguson should be the happier of the two managers, his tactics seem to be working so far.  Both wide players have been disappointing, Downing doesn't seem to be making the right runs for Enrique and Suarez has been feeding off scraps.  Adam has been the stand out for me, very composed.  Defence looks solid.

Offline PattoLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2662 on: October 15, 2011, 01:37:51 pm »
Very subdued first half, passings been abit off.  Shame Lucas misses the Norwich game but we can live without him for that.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2663 on: October 15, 2011, 01:37:51 pm »
Suarez didn't have to do much to hit the back of the net after pantsing Evans in the box. Should have scored.

I reckon big Andy will open this game up. But I feel like we could be on the back foot if Rooney, Nani & Hernandez come on for the last 20 minutes
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #2664 on: October 15, 2011, 01:38:01 pm »
Enrique is incredible.

We need someone up beside Suarez.

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #2665 on: October 15, 2011, 01:38:04 pm »
We're lacking the intensity and tempo that has seen us through this game in the last few seasons.

Downing needs to improve his delivery and overall involvlement. Been really poor 1st half.

Utd are certainly making things difficult.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2666 on: October 15, 2011, 01:38:06 pm »
Looks like ORN's got his tactics spot on for this game.  With his bench I can honestly see them nicking something from this game.

I hate the thought of subbing Lucas but I like the thought of a second yellow even less.  We may have to drop Gerrard back to CM and bring on Carroll or Bellamy?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline tiramisu

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2667 on: October 15, 2011, 01:38:13 pm »
Really think that Adam's plan is to only put some effort in when he has the ball, he offers nothing defensively and doesn't really move off of the ball. I'd rather have Gerrard in the middle with Lucas, Kuyt on the right, Carroll up front and Suarez behind him. It just creates more space in the midfield and up front when Ferdinand and Jones have to worry about Carroll, Suarez slips in the channels unnoticed.

This. Bellamy would have more to offer than Adam. I don't know why he's so poor for us but so good for Blackpool and Scotland.

Oh and we should do a banner that says "STOP HOOFING"
we come not to PAY

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2668 on: October 15, 2011, 01:38:19 pm »
Another SITTER missed. Story of our season so far.

So fucking frustrating!
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #2669 on: October 15, 2011, 01:38:30 pm »
Poor stuff from both sides. We've had the better chances with Suarez's two - they've been punting shots form way outside the box.

We can improve - not getting enough men into the box when we have the chance, and our deliveries there haven't been great.
Enrique is classy. £6mill for him is just crazy.
Don't forget we have impact men on our bench too - expect Bellamy and Carroll to be given a chance if needed. (Though I don't expect Carroll if it stays 0-0)
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2670 on: October 15, 2011, 01:38:32 pm »
Where is Gerrard actually playing, seems like him and Kuyt are both playing on the right.
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline Lille Camille

• richardless
  • Kopite
« Reply #2671 on: October 15, 2011, 01:38:35 pm »
Holy shit Enrique is immense. Downing has been poor and Suarez is isolated. Carroll and Bellamy would be nice.

Offline BostonScouse

• grumbles more after a win - clueless muppet or diamond fella?
  • Kopite
« Reply #2672 on: October 15, 2011, 01:38:56 pm »
lucas struggling a bit. i thought Enrique was the man of the half until that mistake to park. Would like to see Bellamy come on for Kuyt personally, need another punch up front.

Online Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #2673 on: October 15, 2011, 01:38:57 pm »
adam also has done a good job. nothing, none of the hollywood balls and been good defensively
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2674 on: October 15, 2011, 01:38:58 pm »
It's looked better in the last 15 mins since Adam got into the game. Prior to that he was a complete passenger, but since that bursting run he's been on the ball more.

Defence still a problem, and when Rooney and Nani make an appearance it's going to get a whole lot tougher. Carra has been fantastic thus far though.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Cassiel

• Legacy Fan
  • Lord, I can't go back there...
« Reply #2675 on: October 15, 2011, 01:39:00 pm »
Horrible feeling that Lucas will be sent off here. And they'll sneak one from that bench as we pile forward to try and win it.
Looks like I chose the wrong day to feed the pigeons...

Offline GoodStuff

• Kopite
« Reply #2676 on: October 15, 2011, 01:39:06 pm »
Suarez has been great at holding up the play, as good as anyone in the world for me at that. Against Rio and Evans hes won 85%. Just class. He needs moer support. Kuyt too slow and shit to get close to him. Get Henderson on for Kuyt and put Gerrard behind Suarez. Or Bellamy for Kuyt.

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2677 on: October 15, 2011, 01:39:06 pm »
Think Liverpool the better team definatly, playing so well... just need to carry on and shoot more...earlier on
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2678 on: October 15, 2011, 01:39:07 pm »
Leiva has been poor. =\
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #2679 on: October 15, 2011, 01:39:13 pm »
Bellamy for Downing. Pronto