Author Topic: Wrexham FC  (Read 49132 times)

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
Re: The survival of Wrexham FC
« Reply #160 on: February 10, 2021, 07:48:38 pm »
I like how they've changed their name on social media to Wryan and Wrob lol

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
Re: The survival of Wrexham FC
« Reply #161 on: March 28, 2021, 09:27:32 pm »

"ROB IS ALLERGIC TO SHELLFISH." & "WE'RE WATCHING! BUT NOT IN A SUPER CREEPY WAY" on the advertisement boards.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
Wrexham A.F.C
« Reply #162 on: October 28, 2021, 06:09:08 pm »
Still feels quite surreal that Ryan Reynolds & Rob McElhenney own Wrexham A.F.C

This is their first visit to the club, also turned up at Wrexham's away game the other night at Maidenhead 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59061538

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Wrexham A.F.C
« Reply #163 on: October 28, 2021, 06:15:24 pm »
We get weekly updates via Whatsapp - a former colleague of mine was actually the Wrexham Supporters Trust chairman a few years back so he's been quite close to it all and apparently you couldn't deal with a more straightforward and agreeable pair of fellas from a club governance point of view.

This is Rich here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-13182157

Dream owners really though eh?

Eeeeeefor Williams....

"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #164 on: October 28, 2021, 08:54:48 pm »
We get weekly updates via Whatsapp - a former colleague of mine was actually the Wrexham Supporters Trust chairman a few years back so he's been quite close to it all and apparently you couldn't deal with a more straightforward and agreeable pair of fellas from a club governance point of view.

This is Rich here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-13182157

Dream owners really though eh?

Eeeeeefor Williams....

Good stuff Roy.

Like many other lifelong Reds on these boards, I’m Wrexham born and bred - born in fact in a long since demolished prefab directly opposite the Racecourse ground. My late father in law was a season ticket holder and way back in the 70s, I accompanied him on an ‘odyssey’ to see Wrexham play at all the away grounds in the then 4th Division. The team under John Neal was lauded for its attacking playing style and that team had some notable success in the FA cup against 1st division opponents and also in Europe; Terry Venables had some very complimentary things to say about them.

The LFC connections are strong too. Aside from the players who’ve donned Liverpool and Wrexham shirts, Bill Shankly was known to be a ‘mentor’ to Neal when he found himself with time on his hands following his sudden, (and by all accounts, regretted) resignation from the Anfield hot seat.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #165 on: October 29, 2021, 03:54:09 pm »
Been to many a Wrexham game in the 70's, knew and drank with a number of the players as well, including Joey Jones.

Also went to the then chairman's house, Pryce Griffiths, on a couple of occasions for some beers...

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: October 29, 2021, 04:10:35 pm »
Been to many a Wrexham game in the 70's, knew and drank with a number of the players as well, including Joey Jones.

Also went to the then chairman's house, Pryce Griffiths, on a couple of occasions for some beers...

Used to live with a girl from Wrexham so would go to the racecourse when not going to Anfield  and have mates who go home and away

Things are not going as well as they should on the pitch

The Owners seem great lads though
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline mike777

• Anny Roader
« Reply #167 on: October 29, 2021, 04:11:44 pm »
Also from Wrexham originally as well and they are my 2nd team as well.
The ownership situation is totally surreal and a dream but the on field form is very hit and miss and needs to pick up.  Have seen them live a couple of times this season; the striker Paul Mullin (from Litherland) is different class at Conference level (signed from Cambridge).  Could play at least Div 1 level, possibly Championship.  They are lacking any decent central midfielder though on what I've seen.

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: October 29, 2021, 04:27:31 pm »
Id do a little sex wee if Its Always Sunny rocked up at Wrexham.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: October 29, 2021, 05:57:39 pm »
Good stuff Roy.

Like many other lifelong Reds on these boards, I’m Wrexham born and bred - born in fact in a long since demolished prefab directly opposite the Racecourse ground. My late father in law was a season ticket holder and way back in the 70s, I accompanied him on an ‘odyssey’ to see Wrexham play at all the away grounds in the then 4th Division. The team under John Neal was lauded for its attacking playing style and that team had some notable success in the FA cup against 1st division opponents and also in Europe; Terry Venables had some very complimentary things to say about them.

The LFC connections are strong too. Aside from the players who’ve donned Liverpool and Wrexham shirts, Bill Shankly was known to be a ‘mentor’ to Neal when he found himself with time on his hands following his sudden, (and by all accounts, regretted) resignation from the Anfield hot seat.

Nice!

It's odd how they've not made it feel too weird while still bringing a lot of media glare to the club, isn't it? Quite a trick to pull off, but then the pair of them are down to earth and Rob McIlhenny is a proper Philadelphia blue collar type isn't he? Not too much in the way of airs and graces :)
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #170 on: October 29, 2021, 06:30:44 pm »
Nice!

It's odd how they've not made it feel too weird while still bringing a lot of media glare to the club, isn't it? Quite a trick to pull off, but then the pair of them are down to earth and Rob McIlhenny is a proper Philadelphia blue collar type isn't he? Not too much in the way of airs and graces :)

Be careful, he has a weapon...

Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #171 on: October 29, 2021, 06:31:42 pm »
I've a soft spot for them and red-white-red is a really neat colour combination.

That being said, even under the new ownership Football League doesn't seem to be happening for them, which is a shame. It'd be great to see also the team representing North Wales back in at least the third tier again. I hope the owners have something planned and building carefully from the bottom up at the moment rather than just being stuck at square one.

Notts County being down there with them is sad in its own right. Both could've easily been Championship or fancy League 1 clubs had they been better ran in the past.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 06:35:27 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #172 on: October 29, 2021, 06:39:09 pm »
I've a soft spot for them and red-white-red is a really neat colour combination.

That being said, even under the new ownership Football League doesn't seem to be happening for them, which is a shame. It'd be great to see also the team representing North Wales back in at least the third tier again. I hope the owners have something planned and building carefully from the bottom up at the moment rather than just being stuck at square one.

Notts County being down there with them is sad in its own right. Both could've easily been Championship or fancy League 1 clubs had they been better ran in the past.

Interesting to note that both Wrexham and Notts County are amongst the 10 oldest established football clubs. I think Sheffield FC are the actual oldest, and a S. American club are also in the top 10 (Lima?).
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: October 29, 2021, 06:49:36 pm »

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #174 on: October 29, 2021, 06:49:51 pm »
Interesting to note that both Wrexham and Notts County are amongst the 10 oldest established football clubs. I think Sheffield FC are the actual oldest, and a S. American club are also in the top 10 (Lima?).

Yeah. Really old and gold there. Nottingham Forest were founded in 1865, so the Nottingham derby is the oldest in the world. Sheffield FC never were professionals though and since they declined entering the Football League even in the early years, those two will always be the oldest professional clubs.
Linudden.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #175 on: October 30, 2021, 09:18:48 am »
Id do a little sex wee if Its Always Sunny rocked up at Wrexham.

Apparently Danny De Vito was in Wrexham the other day too, the pub right outside the ground

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: October 30, 2021, 09:37:00 am »

And Notts County gave inspiration for Juve's kit.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: October 30, 2021, 07:06:27 pm »
Apparently Danny De Vito was in Wrexham the other day too, the pub right outside the ground
It was a double ganger

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #178 on: October 31, 2021, 01:34:52 pm »
It was a double ganger

ah was it?

i'd just seen something on twitter didn't chase up the actual story

Here's a great video from Tifo football "When hollywood came for Wrexham FC" apparently it was our semi final win over Barca that got rob mcelhenney's attention into football, also explains why they went for a club like Wrexham

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNsZuUE6J8A
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 01:37:21 pm by LiamG »

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Wrexham FC
« Reply #179 on: November 3, 2021, 03:52:11 pm »

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: November 14, 2021, 03:20:49 pm »
ah was it?

i'd just seen something on twitter didn't chase up the actual story

Here's a great video from Tifo football "When hollywood came for Wrexham FC" apparently it was our semi final win over Barca that got rob mcelhenney's attention into football, also explains why they went for a club like Wrexham

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNsZuUE6J8A

Really enjoyed that, thanks Liam
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #181 on: November 15, 2021, 07:30:56 am »
Really enjoyed that, thanks Liam

No problemo, Tifo's youtube channel is one of the best around to be honest, enjoy all their videos!

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #182 on: November 15, 2021, 10:44:31 am »
The Tifo video was great. I like Rob McElhenney a lot, as a big Sunny fan and I think some of the things they've done in the ongoing transformation of the club have been really nice touches, like the Ifor Williams adverts, keeping the pre-existing sponsors on long-term, pre-agreed discounted deals whilst sharing the space with new global sponsors paying 10 x the amount. It's savvy but it's also showing respect to the town. I had no idea Reynolds was worth over half a billion, that's crazy. Some of the players they've got are way below their level too; I follow Crewe Alex as my family are from that area of Cheshire originally and James Jones was a cracking player at League Two level, probably League One/ Championship standard if he could've stayed fit consistently.

They'll be back in the league within a couple of seasons. They're 9 points off top with a game in hand at the moment and only lost 1 in the last 6.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #183 on: March 28, 2022, 11:08:58 pm »
Unreal  ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/U1JwGQldSWk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/U1JwGQldSWk</a>

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #184 on: March 29, 2022, 12:44:00 am »
Unreal  ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/U1JwGQldSWk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/U1JwGQldSWk</a>

No defending. At all. From either team.

Just from those highlights, 9-7 would not have been at all impossible. :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: March 29, 2022, 08:50:08 am »
For a bit of context, Dover this season have a record of W1, D5, L28. So to be 5-2 down to them in the first place was pretty shameful ;D

They were like 1/14 to win!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #186 on: March 29, 2022, 08:58:55 am »
How good was that first Dover goal?!

Offline Perth Red

• Kemlynite
  • Upside down and red all over
« Reply #187 on: March 30, 2022, 02:14:32 am »
Is Bielsa coaching Wrexham? Brilliant going forward and shambolic at the back. Great fun!
If I've told you once I've told you a million times, stop exaggerating!

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: March 30, 2022, 09:52:25 am »
Would be good to see Wrexham back in the football league; Reynolds and Mchelleney have done their research, there aren't many other sides that could be bought so cheaply that could tap in to such a large, under-utilised potential fan population as Wrexham, whilst using their Welsh status as a symbol to engage people.

Contextually though, they have no business in the non-league with their budget. It may take another season but they can't spend the money they have and not be up in League One at a minimum.

Paul Mullin; top scorer in League Two only a year ago with 32 goals in 46 games for Cambridge, turned down a move to Championship Middlesbrough to play at Wrexham. The £6k a week he's on may explain it. Must be the most lavishly paid non-league player of all time. He earns double what Crewe Alex's highest earner in League One is on. You could see on those highlights how much of a superior player he is at that level - though he has a better record in league football than with a mismatched Wrexham side this season. 75 league goals, in his prime, offered Championship football and moved to Wrexham. I guess he saw the potential of being the star of that team and a symbol for their rise. More likely to be a club legend there.

They've got Lee Camp, capped for England u21s and Northern Ireland's senior side 9 times, over 400 football league appearances and 50 Premier League appearances. Is 37 now but that's still a high profile signing for that level.

Ben Tozer, over 300 league appearances and a League One Mainstay. Played for Newcastle Utd.

Ollie Palmer, over 50 goals in the football league, prolific as a young player in the non-league, got double digits in league one in successive seasons for Crawley and AFC Wimbledon before moving to Wrexham.

Callum McFadzean, formerly of Sunderland (though being a Crewe follower, I can tell you right now I don't think he's even 7th tier standard, never mind 5th) on 3k a week.

David Jones, formerly of Man Utd, Wolves, Derby and Wigan, over 400 league appearances.

James Jones for me is one of the wildest ones alongside Mullin in terms of actually being there. He's a 26 year old midfielder who's another I know well because he came through Crewe's academy. I've also played against James as the semi-pro club I played for used to host Crewe in a pre-season friendly every year (still do play each other) and have seen first hand how good he is, a real Rolls-Royce midfielder with an unbelievable long shot. When WBA were in the Premier League, they actually agreed a £500k deal to buy Jones from Crewe, and on the eve of the deal being completed he tore his hamstring and they pulled out. Followed several months of painful rehab, then at the end of his deal, as they do, Crewe refused to offer enough money to keep him and he went to Lincoln. For whatever reason, it didn't quite fit for him at Lincoln, though he did play 36 times in his first season and was reasonably good). This lad is Championship quality at a minimum and finally seems to be avoiding the injuries that have plagued him thus far. Way too good to be playing non-league. 

Then players like Shaun Brisley, Aaron Hayden, Kwame Thomas who were all decent at League One and good League Two players. This has to be the most stacked and perhaps most expensively assembled non-league outfit I can remember (though Stockport are running them close on that). The money in the sides at the top of the non-league is astounding these days.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #189 on: March 30, 2022, 09:54:28 am »
Thought I recognised a few names from the commentary, cheers for he summary.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #190 on: March 30, 2022, 10:54:09 am »
How good was that first Dover goal?!
Fucking cracker that was!  :o
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: March 30, 2022, 12:21:20 pm »
Must be the most lavishly paid non-league player of all time.

Weren't some Salford players on similar amounts when they were in the National League? Adam Rooney especially, moving from the SPL.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: March 30, 2022, 12:33:09 pm »
Weren't some Salford players on similar amounts when they were in the National League? Adam Rooney especially, moving from the SPL.
Completely forgot about that skid-mark of a club. Yes, Salford did have Adam Rooney on an amount Aberdeen, a Scottish Premier League side could not match. He was apparently on £4k a week, so still not quite what Mullin's on (he was also not as good as Mullin and had less league goals in his entire career in England than Mullin managed in 2021 alone).

Mad I forgot about them lot. The worst though is probably a Salford example, Richie Towell was an Irish midfielder playing for Brighton though never made the grade in the Premier League, so they loaned him out to Rotherham, where he was fantastic for them in The Championship, to the point where there were thoughts Brighton might re-evaluate letting him leave. He turned down a one year extension with Brighton and was expected to join Notts Forest or Stoke City on a free, then rocked up at Salford in League Two on an apparent £8,000 a week basic, in League Two. He was bang average for them and is now at Shamrock Rovers in Ireland. At the same time they paid Bruno Andrade £5,500 a week to deter him from moving from Lincoln to a Championship club - he's now at Stevenage.

I think a lot of what this points to is that when sides lower down the pyramid spend over the top amounts to attract players down to their level, they don't often get good value for money. They'd be better targeting players clearly good for the level and attempting to grow somewhat organically (probably an oxymoron in this sense). Though players like Mullin stick out like a sore thumb, Wrexham probably have done a better job of this than the likes of Salford in the past - they've looked to recruit solid players from a division above, sometimes two, and form a coherent squad. Salford's approach was to target star players at clubs 2,3 or 4 divisions higher than themselves and throw enough money at them until playing at their level was suddenly palatable. The example above, Towell - he had offers from Forest, Stoke and even Burnley in the Premier League but he rocks up at Salford?

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: April 4, 2022, 09:06:15 pm »
Wrexham are now off to Wembley after two cracking goals from Mullin

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #194 on: April 4, 2022, 09:40:35 pm »
Completely forgot about that skid-mark of a club. Yes, Salford did have Adam Rooney on an amount Aberdeen, a Scottish Premier League side could not match. He was apparently on £4k a week, so still not quite what Mullin's on (he was also not as good as Mullin and had less league goals in his entire career in England than Mullin managed in 2021 alone).

Mad I forgot about them lot. The worst though is probably a Salford example, Richie Towell was an Irish midfielder playing for Brighton though never made the grade in the Premier League, so they loaned him out to Rotherham, where he was fantastic for them in The Championship, to the point where there were thoughts Brighton might re-evaluate letting him leave. He turned down a one year extension with Brighton and was expected to join Notts Forest or Stoke City on a free, then rocked up at Salford in League Two on an apparent £8,000 a week basic, in League Two. He was bang average for them and is now at Shamrock Rovers in Ireland. At the same time they paid Bruno Andrade £5,500 a week to deter him from moving from Lincoln to a Championship club - he's now at Stevenage.

I think a lot of what this points to is that when sides lower down the pyramid spend over the top amounts to attract players down to their level, they don't often get good value for money. They'd be better targeting players clearly good for the level and attempting to grow somewhat organically (probably an oxymoron in this sense). Though players like Mullin stick out like a sore thumb, Wrexham probably have done a better job of this than the likes of Salford in the past - they've looked to recruit solid players from a division above, sometimes two, and form a coherent squad. Salford's approach was to target star players at clubs 2,3 or 4 divisions higher than themselves and throw enough money at them until playing at their level was suddenly palatable. The example above, Towell - he had offers from Forest, Stoke and even Burnley in the Premier League but he rocks up at Salford?

Salford had the highest ever budget in non league by a mile and still needed the play offs.

Wrexham have been similar this season and look like they'll need the play offs as well which are a lottery (Salford at least won them). They'd struggled until recently, a few injury time winners have got them a bit of momentum when Parkinson's job was under threat.

Stockport look like running away with the title though. Dave Challinor has done a great job since going in there. It's a tough league to get out.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline SK8 Red

• A spanking! A spanking!
  • Main Stander
  • Supporting since 1983 at a guess
« Reply #195 on: April 5, 2022, 06:58:14 am »
Salford had the highest ever budget in non league by a mile and still needed the play offs.

Wrexham have been similar this season and look like they'll need the play offs as well which are a lottery (Salford at least won them). They'd struggled until recently, a few injury time winners have got them a bit of momentum when Parkinson's job was under threat.

Stockport look like running away with the title though. Dave Challinor has done a great job since going in there. It's a tough league to get out.
Spot on. Challinor a big red also and his results this season are remarkable

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #196 on: August 26, 2022, 08:09:27 pm »
Anyone watched the documentary series "Welcome to Wrexham' yet?

Quite surprised by how un-american it is considering it's mainly Ryan reynolds and Rob McElhenney

it's on disney+ in case anyone is wondering!

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #197 on: August 26, 2022, 08:26:52 pm »

Quite surprised by how un-american it is considering it's mainly Ryan reynolds and Rob McElhenney

Reynolds is Canadian to be fair  ;D

Will probably give it a watch at some point though
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #198 on: August 26, 2022, 09:08:24 pm »

I've got Disney+ i'm not a Wrexham fan, & the Wrexham doc is good, more un Hollywood considering the new owners are than un American, first couple of episodes are like any team trying to get promotion out of the league they're in.
#Sausages

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: August 26, 2022, 09:59:11 pm »
Wrote about it in the TV thread, I enjoyed the first two episodes.

Like a far less grim Sunderland til I die. You can see the vast transformation they’ve made to the squad from day one of the documentary to now, if you follow non-league football.