Author Topic: The wicked witch is dead. Margaret Thatcher is dead.  (Read 93013 times)

Offline damian

• Gregory Peck's scared of me. So is cling film. Too inept to swallow a tiddly (wink) ;) Likes the idea of straps.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The wicked witch is dead. Margaret Thatcher is dead.
« Reply #360 on: April 8, 2013, 09:22:09 pm »
Fucking jinxing TWAT ;D

I do apologise. I'll give it 5 minutes and if City aren't back in front I'll switch over, honest.

Then again, I'd rather this than flick over to a thatcher programme and she comes back to life.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2013, 09:24:45 pm by damian »
RIP 97 - You'll Never Be Forgotten, You'll Never Walk Alone.

JUSTICE FOR THE 97 - Don't Buy The S*n

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: April 8, 2013, 09:24:21 pm »
Discussed this earlier in the boozer(free pint for red J).......anyway....going back to the last big funeral and it was Lady Di and we had people lashing roses on the hearse - we're thinking as the hearse makes it's way down whatever street - people throwing lumps of cole and cartons of milk?.... you could even throw the odd drug addict and pride ridden working man as well if you wanted to

It won't pass off without protest. At least it better not.
@ManifoldReasons

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #362 on: April 8, 2013, 09:27:02 pm »
I do apologise. I'll give it 5 minutes and if City aren't back in front I'll switch over, honest.
Oh! Sorry! I saw "mancs" and just assumed ;)

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #363 on: April 8, 2013, 09:29:16 pm »
Fantastic reading the last couple of pages on here.

Ding dong Carlos has gone....

Oh and Maggie's not here anymore either  :D

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #364 on: April 8, 2013, 09:29:22 pm »
Sinn Féin President Gerry Adams commenting on the death today of former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher said:

“Margaret Thatcher did great hurt to the Irish and British people during her time as British Prime Minister.

Working class communities were devastated in Britain because of her policies.
Her role in international affairs was equally belligerent whether in support of the Chilean dictator Pinochet, her opposition to sanctions against apartheid South Africa; and her support for the Khmer Rouge.

Here in Ireland her espousal of old draconian militaristic policies prolonged the war and caused great suffering. She embraced censorship, collusion and the killing of citizens by covert operations, including the targeting of solicitors like Pat Finucane, alongside more open military operations and refused to recognise the rights of citizens to vote for parties of their choice.

Her failed efforts to criminalise the republican struggle and the political prisoners is part of her legacy.

It should be noted that in complete contradiction of her public posturing, she authorised a back channel of communications with the Sinn Féin leadership but failed to act on the logic of this.

Unfortunately she was faced with weak Irish governments who failed to oppose her securocrat agenda or to enlist international support in defence of citizens in the north.

Margaret Thatcher will be especially remembered for her shameful role during the epic hunger strikes of 1980 and 81.

Her Irish policy failed miserably.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #365 on: April 8, 2013, 09:36:02 pm »
...and city take the lead again

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: April 8, 2013, 09:36:29 pm »
...and city take the lead again
Libpool 1 Thatcher 0?

Offline RojoLeón

• Brentie's #1 fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: April 8, 2013, 09:37:04 pm »
Fantastic reading the last couple of pages on here.

Ding dong Carlos has gone....

Oh and Maggie's not here anymore either  :D

;D

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: April 8, 2013, 09:37:23 pm »

Her Irish policy failed miserably.

she even managed to wind up the Unionists when she signed the Anglo Irish Agreement in 1985.
apparently she had been badly advised as to the potential extent of Unionist anger and only signed it in the hope of getting the Irish govt onside with regards extradition and cross border police co-operation.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: April 8, 2013, 09:39:02 pm »
I posted in the other thread a polite request to leave the whole Irish debate alone. I repeat that appeal in here. Thanks.

A Liverpool FC supporters we have plenty of common ground to examine without getting into 800 years of conflict.

Cheers.

Offline damian

• Gregory Peck's scared of me. So is cling film. Too inept to swallow a tiddly (wink) ;) Likes the idea of straps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: April 8, 2013, 09:39:41 pm »
Oh! Sorry! I saw "mancs" and just assumed ;)

As promised, I switched off the match and have just seen Aguero has scored :)

Anyway, sorry for going off subject again, back to the celebrating of the death of the evil bitch.

Offline Wiles

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Don't buy the S*n, JFT 96
« Reply #371 on: April 8, 2013, 09:43:52 pm »
Ding dong the witch is dead is now number 62 in the uk charts.
Trade count 33+

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #372 on: April 8, 2013, 09:46:40 pm »
It might be bollocks, but I've read that there was just a conga going down Mathew St with people singing "Let's all do the conga, Thatcher is no longer." Brilliant if true.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: April 8, 2013, 09:59:18 pm »
Maggies dead and M## U loose, what a day!
Justice for the 96!

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #374 on: April 8, 2013, 09:59:55 pm »
I posted in the other thread a polite request to leave the whole Irish debate alone. I repeat that appeal in here. Thanks.

A Liverpool FC supporters we have plenty of common ground to examine without getting into 800 years of conflict.

Cheers.

Fair enough, I'll just say this far to often "the troubles" get pushed aside because the debate is seen as tricky, we're at the point now where a whole generation haven't a clue that anything happened and some of the people who do need a history lesson.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: April 8, 2013, 10:01:20 pm »
Fair enough, I'll just say this far to often "the troubles" get pushed aside because the debate is seen as tricky, we're at the point now where a whole generation haven't a clue that anything happened. That is wrong. 
Much as that may be, I stand by my point that we have enough common ground to focus on at the moment in there threads. We shouldn't look for divisiveness here. There are indeed more appropriate places to continue the educational process around an issue that Thatcher played, in relative terms, nothing more than a bit part in. Thanks.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: April 8, 2013, 10:01:48 pm »
Maggies dead and M## U loose, what a day!
...and Game of Thrones to look forward to tonight!
I've had worse Mondays.

Offline damian

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: April 8, 2013, 10:02:23 pm »
Ding dong the witch is dead is now number 62 in the uk charts.

Posted this on Facebook, first response was "bit mean". If only she could have been described as a "bit mean" this country could have been a much better place.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: April 8, 2013, 10:04:57 pm »
Posted this on Facebook, first response was "bit mean". If only she could have been described as a "bit mean" this country could have been a much better place.
You nathy, nathty, howwible ickle perthon you! A boo hoo. A boo hoo.

Offline Wiles

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #379 on: April 8, 2013, 10:07:06 pm »
Only cost 79p.
Trade count 33+

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #380 on: April 8, 2013, 10:09:16 pm »
Only cost 79p.
A childish and banal thing to do....

Bought it twice ;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Rigden

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: April 8, 2013, 10:09:30 pm »
Tony Benn.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ETqOvBKnKdk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ETqOvBKnKdk</a>
“Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.” – Sam Pollock

Offline RojoLeón

• Brentie's #1 fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: April 8, 2013, 10:09:36 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iu4RymE14xs?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iu4RymE14xs?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

This Adam Curtis Docu - 'The Attic', is about Margret Thatcher's rise to power through the mid to late seventies: How she used PR to promote imperial jingoism and romanticized ideas of glorious blighty. Of course, these nationalistic ideas were broadly elitist and completely wrong.  Nevertheless, she was able to rise through the ranks despite lacking any real talent for making good decisions.

She fucked everything up - she was completely inept egotist, ideologue. Her only skill was that in never wavering in her vision.

It puts me in mind of the quote from the German general, Kurt von Hammerstein

I divide my officers into four groups. There are clever, diligent, stupid, and lazy officers. Usually two characteristics are combined. Some are clever and diligent -- their place is the General Staff. The next lot are stupid and lazy -- they make up 90 percent of every army and are suited to routine duties. Anyone who is both clever and lazy is qualified for the highest leadership duties, because he possesses the intellectual clarity and the composure necessary for difficult decisions. One must beware of anyone who is stupid and diligent -- he must not be entrusted with any responsibility because he will always cause only mischief.

The bolded applies to Thatcher - she wasn't a great leader - she was a wrecking ball of incalculable social damage.

Offline Wiles

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #383 on: April 8, 2013, 10:12:09 pm »
A childish and banal thing to do....

Bought it twice ;D
;D
Trade count 33+

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: April 8, 2013, 10:23:35 pm »
She played a huge part, she allowed ten men to die because she would not recognise their struggle as political and not criminal. This inflamed what seemed an already hopeless situation. Her actions caused many more to die, her legacy is felt as strong with the people of Derry and Belfast as it is with those from Liverpool or Glasgow.
I will never deny the part she played okay? I'm just saying this isn't the time, this isn't the place, to have that debate. The duration of her rule pales into insignificance in terms of the greater historical context and we can do without either side of it right now. Respect that please. Okay?

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #385 on: April 8, 2013, 10:24:36 pm »
I will never deny the part she played okay? I'm just saying this isn't the time, this isn't the place, to have that debate. Respect that please. Okay?
Cool, I just decided to delete it and PM you instead, but you got there before me.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: April 8, 2013, 10:24:54 pm »
Cool, I just decided to delete it and PM you instead, but you got there before me.
Thanks.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #387 on: April 8, 2013, 10:26:43 pm »
Terrible those lefties....
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #389 on: April 8, 2013, 10:42:09 pm »
Ding dong now at 39 in the iTunes singles chart...

Bring it on .....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: April 8, 2013, 10:42:32 pm »
Stolen from Facebook

For
The Miners
The Shipbuilders
The Steelworkers
The Old that Froze to Death
The Old that Couldn't Afford Food
For the Thousands Made Homeless

For
The North
The Disenfranchised Black Youth
The Lost Generation of Young
The Hillsborough families
The men dead in a conflict designed to win her an election
The men traumatised from the Falklands War
For Northern Ireland

For
my mam and dad
my Grandparents
my brother
every LGBT kid who committed suicide due to Section 28 in schools
The teachers
The victims of gaybashing which were never investigated due to pressure from her government
For the gay men stitched up and banged up for being gay

For
The women of Greenham Common who were beaten and had their kids forcibly taken into care for no reason
For the men and women assaulted in the Battle of the Beanfield
For the men and women consigned to the scrapheap
For the services that used to belong to all of us and now are badly run in the hands of the rich
For the country that used to stand for social justice and created the National Health Service
The mentally ill thrown out on the streets
The children abused in care homes and ignored or worse abused by some in her government
I celebrate the death of a woman who caused so much pain
Add my Uncle Les to that list. A union conveyor at Vauxhall Motors who despised that cow and who willed her dead when the poor man was still alive.

RIP Les Nolan - the witch is fucking dead.

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: April 8, 2013, 10:46:01 pm »
I thought Newsnight might, just might, be the one piece of news broadcasting worth watching tonight. But it's been dismal.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: April 8, 2013, 10:55:38 pm »
I thought Newsnight might, just might, be the one piece of news broadcasting worth watching tonight. But it's been dismal.
There's time left yet mate :D

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: April 8, 2013, 11:02:47 pm »

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: April 8, 2013, 11:22:14 pm »
lap of you teds.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: April 8, 2013, 11:25:34 pm »
well ive spent the day "courting Mary Jane" and getting pissed on Rum and Calsburg  ;)

Once in the uper Annie Rd i heard that "Maggie Maggie Maggie " come from the Kop
I Shouted "Die Die Die" back as you do then i noticed i was the only one and all the kids and parents were staring at me in shock... which was a bit awkward but funny at the  same time :)
One of the Stewards was pissing himself laughing and i'm wiping tears of laughter thinking about it now .

Happy Days

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #396 on: April 8, 2013, 11:28:06 pm »
Add my Uncle Les to that list. A union conveyor at Vauxhall Motors who despised that cow and who willed her dead when the poor man was still alive.

RIP Les Nolan - the witch is fucking dead.

Nice one John. I think perhaps that today a lot of us will have thought of mums and dads and uncles and aunties who've passed away in the years that have gone since Thatcher declared war on the best half of Britain. I know I did.

Nice to hear about the conga in Liverpool from Imperator. Well I can tell you that there was a huge party in the centre of Brixton, South London, tonight. Live music, dancing, beer and champagne and a bloke on a trombone playing a happy version - is that possible? - of 'The Last Post'. It was bitterly cold but there must have been almost a thousand people there enjoying the occasion.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline RojoLeón

• Brentie's #1 fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: April 8, 2013, 11:37:16 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/nancy-reagan-margaret-thatcher-89748.html

Former First Lady Nancy Reagan on Monday described Margaret Thatcher and her husband as “political soul mates.”

(Two stupid arl evil, c*nt peas in a pod)

“It is well known that my husband and Lady Thatcher enjoyed a very special relationship as leaders of their respective countries during one of the most difficult and pivotal periods in modern history,” Reagan said in a statement. “Ronnie and Margaret were political soul mates, committed to freedom and resolved to end Communism.”

In a later interview on MSNBC’s “Andrea Mitchell Reports,” the former first lady said she had a “special relationship” with Thatcher.

(PHOTOS: Life and career of Margaret Thatcher)

“I think people thought that she and I didn’t have a relationship,” Nancy Reagan said by phone from California. “Nothing could be farther from the truth. We had a very special relationship. And of course, I loved it that she and Ronnie were as close as they were.”

Noting the Reagans’ first and late state dinner were held with Thatcher, Nancy Reagan said her husband and Thatcher were friends and allies “from the very beginning, the first time they met.”

Ronald Reagan and the former British prime minister, who died Monday, worked closely together in combating communism in the last years of the Cold War, Nancy Reagan noted.

“As Prime Minister, Margaret had the clear vision and strong determination to stand up for her beliefs at a time when so many were afraid to ‘rock the boat,’” Reagan said in her statement. “As a result, she helped to bring about the collapse of the Soviet Union and the liberation of millions of people.”

Reagan also touched on the alliance between the United States and Great Britain.

“Ronnie and I knew her as a dear and trusted friend, and I will miss her,” she continued. “The United States knew Margaret as a spirited and courageous ally, and the world owes her a debt of gratitude.”

Is it me, or was this whole 'fight against communism', code for a fight against poor and working class people? Socialism became synonymous with dictatorship, and Unions akin to inefficiency and mob rule. They are worshiped by the right, yet they were malignant idiots.

Evil fuckers - In the remote chance there is a hell, that both of these horrible bastards roast there for an eternity.   

Offline damian

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: April 8, 2013, 11:39:28 pm »
I wonder how many people have "ding dong the witch is dead" as their ringtone tonight?

#34 in chart now.

Offline The Fletcher Memorial

• Feels mildly violat.................. ed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reality is hard to find
« Reply #399 on: April 8, 2013, 11:41:18 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iu4RymE14xs?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iu4RymE14xs?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

This Adam Curtis Docu - 'The Attic', is about Margret Thatcher's rise to power through the mid to late seventies: How she used PR to promote imperial jingoism and romanticized ideas of glorious blighty. Of course, these nationalistic ideas were broadly elitist and completely wrong.  Nevertheless, she was able to rise through the ranks despite lacking any real talent for making good decisions.

She fucked everything up - she was completely inept egotist, ideologue. Her only skill was that in never wavering in her vision.

It puts me in mind of the quote from the German general, Kurt von Hammerstein

The bolded applies to Thatcher - she wasn't a great leader - she was a wrecking ball of incalculable social damage.

Thanks for this Rojo, enjoyed that. If that's the right way of putting it?
The sky does not know of east or of west;
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.