Author Topic: Serie A  (Read 316170 times)

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Re: Serie A
« Reply #2280 on: January 27, 2021, 06:41:37 pm »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2281 on: January 27, 2021, 07:22:06 pm »
Could be referring to this?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/09/romelu-lukaku-voodoo-message-everton-chelsea-farhad-moshiri

And Lukaku took him to court didn't he ?

He should deffo get a ban but it's Italy so who knows.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #2282 on: January 27, 2021, 07:24:50 pm »
And Lukaku took him to court didn't he ?

He should deffo get a ban but it's Italy so who knows.
Italy and it's Zlatan. When he acts like a prick it's funny.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #2283 on: January 31, 2021, 08:50:09 am »

Sorry, I can not provide a full translation.    :D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/FFxLW51milo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/FFxLW51milo</a>

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2284 on: January 31, 2021, 12:01:50 pm »
Milan, Inter and Juve all winning yesterday so it’s still fairly compressed at the top - Milan 2 ahead of Inter, with Juve 5 back but a game in hand. Roma and Atalanta just off Juve.

Sounds snide but I’d just love to see it solved crumble at Juve this season, them not even make the Champions League and have to jettison half their squad because Ronaldo will refuse to move off his insane contract (unless PSG come calling).
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #2285 on: January 31, 2021, 12:53:35 pm »
Milan, Inter and Juve all winning yesterday so it’s still fairly compressed at the top - Milan 2 ahead of Inter, with Juve 5 back but a game in hand. Roma and Atalanta just off Juve.

Sounds snide but I’d just love to see it solved crumble at Juve this season, them not even make the Champions League and have to jettison half their squad because Ronaldo will refuse to move off his insane contract (unless PSG come calling).

Still putting my money on Inter although the Europa League will be a hindrance. Actually they aren’t in it are they? Milan are. Definitely backing Inter.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 12:58:58 pm by BobPaisley3 »
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2286 on: February 7, 2021, 03:43:25 pm »
Two more for Zlatan.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2287 on: February 8, 2021, 11:28:53 pm »
Watched documentary on Totti with Sky today. How good was he at his best? I remember Batistuta being a phenomenal scorer but don't recall Totti at his best?

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2288 on: February 9, 2021, 10:22:54 am »
Watched documentary on Totti with Sky today. How good was he at his best? I remember Batistuta being a phenomenal scorer but don't recall Totti at his best?

Didn't the documentary show you him at his best?  ;D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2289 on: February 9, 2021, 10:28:43 am »
Didn't the documentary show you him at his best?  ;D
A documentary on him you would expect so ;D

I just remember his strike partner in Batistuta & even Montella more than Totti although his name is well known. Didn't Souness criticize him as well?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2290 on: February 9, 2021, 10:47:48 am »
I'm not a fan of Roma but man, in his pomp Totti was unbelievable, as good as pre-injury Del Piero in my mind. For me, when Totti was at his best (1999-2008 or so), that was when I was a young kid understanding football more and more - so I likely have a greater appreciation for him as he was of 'my era.'

He could finish, shoot from range, pass beautifully, had fantastic finesse and vision. So elegant and so good technically. I'd have him ahead of any Italian forward in my lifetime personally.

When you look at that Serie A winning Roma side from 2000 - 01, they probably had worse squads than 5 teams below them. Batistuta, another favourite of mine, got 20 (I think Crespo was Capocannoniere though?) but Totti got 13 from midfield as well as 8 assists and just made the team tick - he was 25 at the time. Fast forward 11 years to 2012, 36 year old Totti was getting 12 goals and 12 assists from 34 apps for Roma, playing as a lone striker, to give an idea of how long he was consistently good for. He also got 10 league goals aged 39 in 2015.

Only Buffon and Maldini played more Serie A games than him and only the great Silvio Piola scored more. I'd say he's likely the all time assist leader, but that would be guess work as such stats don't really predate the last 15 or so years. He's also top 5 for most penalties scored and most free kicks scored and the only player in Serie A history to score goals in 23 consecutive seasons.

He's won Capocannoniere and every notable domestic title with his boyhood club and is the Roma legend, above all other players. I'll always remember his 'weak foot' left footed volley across his body and across the keeper into the top corner v Udinese, maybe 2000? But his lob v Inter where he skips away from a couple of reducers and then lifts the ball effortlessly over Toldo who wasn't even that far off his line was ultimate Totti for me - strong, determined and elegant.

“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #2291 on: February 9, 2021, 12:16:41 pm »
Really good documentary.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2292 on: February 9, 2021, 01:11:53 pm »
why did Totti always do the thumb bite for goal celebrations?

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #2293 on: February 9, 2021, 06:33:50 pm »
why did Totti always do the thumb bite for goal celebrations?
IIRC he did it a few days after his first kid was born and it just continued.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2294 on: February 9, 2021, 07:25:25 pm »
Juventus - Inter Milan in the Coppa Italia tonight should be a good game ...

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2295 on: February 9, 2021, 08:23:22 pm »

Aye, enjoyable game so far - Inter should have scored the 2 goals they require by now...

(and since that it has been all Juventus!)

« Last Edit: February 9, 2021, 08:34:52 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2296 on: February 9, 2021, 09:03:56 pm »
Really good documentary.
It was. Italian football at it's best then.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2297 on: February 9, 2021, 09:05:43 pm »
I'm not a fan of Roma but man, in his pomp Totti was unbelievable, as good as pre-injury Del Piero in my mind. For me, when Totti was at his best (1999-2008 or so), that was when I was a young kid understanding football more and more - so I likely have a greater appreciation for him as he was of 'my era.'

He could finish, shoot from range, pass beautifully, had fantastic finesse and vision. So elegant and so good technically. I'd have him ahead of any Italian forward in my lifetime personally.

When you look at that Serie A winning Roma side from 2000 - 01, they probably had worse squads than 5 teams below them. Batistuta, another favourite of mine, got 20 (I think Crespo was Capocannoniere though?) but Totti got 13 from midfield as well as 8 assists and just made the team tick - he was 25 at the time. Fast forward 11 years to 2012, 36 year old Totti was getting 12 goals and 12 assists from 34 apps for Roma, playing as a lone striker, to give an idea of how long he was consistently good for. He also got 10 league goals aged 39 in 2015.

Only Buffon and Maldini played more Serie A games than him and only the great Silvio Piola scored more. I'd say he's likely the all time assist leader, but that would be guess work as such stats don't really predate the last 15 or so years. He's also top 5 for most penalties scored and most free kicks scored and the only player in Serie A history to score goals in 23 consecutive seasons.

He's won Capocannoniere and every notable domestic title with his boyhood club and is the Roma legend, above all other players. I'll always remember his 'weak foot' left footed volley across his body and across the keeper into the top corner v Udinese, maybe 2000? But his lob v Inter where he skips away from a couple of reducers and then lifts the ball effortlessly over Toldo who wasn't even that far off his line was ultimate Totti for me - strong, determined and elegant.
Great review of his ability!

Maldini & Batistuta were always my favourites from Italian football when I used to watch it when I was younger.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #2298 on: February 9, 2021, 09:39:33 pm »
Serie A is so wild.  Old man Inter and rando Pirlo tactis Juve.  It's like a drunk Uncle, just not sure what to do with it but it's funny.  Was a decent watch for a 0-0.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2299 on: February 9, 2021, 09:46:07 pm »
Serie A is so wild.  Old man Inter and rando Pirlo tactis Juve.  It's like a drunk Uncle, just not sure what to do with it but it's funny.  Was a decent watch for a 0-0.

Yeah, shame that there were no goals, but still a very eventful game ...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2300 on: February 9, 2021, 09:47:28 pm »
Pirlo and his "Thesis" are fucking up, good to see.

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2301 on: February 13, 2021, 05:51:17 pm »

C'mon Napoli; 1-0 up vs Juventus at half time.

Insigne the scorer on 31 mins (penalty) - https://streamye.com/vsfhi & https://streamable.com/zoghmh

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2302 on: February 13, 2021, 06:21:46 pm »
C'mon Napoli; 1-0 up vs Juventus at half time.

Insigne the scorer on 31 mins (penalty) - https://streamye.com/vsfhi & https://streamable.com/zoghmh
Alex Meret just bailed them out - rate him so much higher than Ospina.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #2303 on: February 13, 2021, 06:34:20 pm »
What do the most knowledgeable Serie A heads over here make of Zielinski? I’ve been thinking lately that he could be a very nice addition for our midfield, giving us something different than what he already have. Does he have the endurance and aggression for a Klopp midfield? How much would he cost, etc?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 09:27:48 pm by Lastrador »

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2304 on: February 14, 2021, 08:47:29 pm »
Inter going top.

Offline CalgarianRed

• Kopite
« Reply #2305 on: February 14, 2021, 09:16:29 pm »
Lukaku wow, great strength and speed. 3-1 Inter.
True North Strong

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2306 on: February 14, 2021, 09:20:35 pm »
Everyone assumes City will sign Haaland. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they went for Lukaku, if only to piss United fans off.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #2307 on: February 14, 2021, 10:27:06 pm »
Milan Derby next week. Inter win that and it’s going to be tough to see them being dislodged.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2308 on: February 15, 2021, 12:20:56 pm »
Everyone assumes City will sign Haaland. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they went for Lukaku, if only to piss United fans off.
They were vaguely linked. I think he'd do a good job there, though might not be technically well-rounded enough for Pep.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2309 on: February 15, 2021, 12:42:29 pm »

Neither of them seems like a good fit for Man City. I am afraid that they will go for Lautaro, who would be such a perfect fit in Guardiola's setup ...

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2310 on: February 15, 2021, 01:47:42 pm »
Neither of them seems like a good fit for Man City. I am afraid that they will go for Lautaro, who would be such a perfect fit in Guardiola's setup ...
Seems the most obvious Aguero analogue at present.

Cucho Hernandez, Colombian striker owned by Watford but never having played for them due to an inability to get a work-permit - he always looked to me like he was an Aguero in the making, albeit more physical. Isn't exactly tearing it up at Getafe on loan currently after an average spell at Mallorca prior to that, but he is still only 21.

Maybe one of those who's reputation is above what it should be in reality because he was playing and scoring in senior football aged 15.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2311 on: February 15, 2021, 01:59:09 pm »
Seems the most obvious Aguero analogue at present.

Cucho Hernandez, Colombian striker owned by Watford but never having played for them due to an inability to get a work-permit - he always looked to me like he was an Aguero in the making, albeit more physical. Isn't exactly tearing it up at Getafe on loan currently after an average spell at Mallorca prior to that, but he is still only 21.

Maybe one of those who's reputation is above what it should be in reality because he was playing and scoring in senior football aged 15.

I wasn't aware that Cucho is owned by the Pozzos, as he has never played for any of their clubs. I watched him agains Real Sociedad yesterday (I was watching Oyarzabal, obviously), and it does seem that Cucho is not progressing as expected, but as you say, he is still only 21, so he might still come good ...

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2312 on: February 15, 2021, 04:33:28 pm »
I wasn't aware that Cucho is owned by the Pozzos, as he has never played for any of their clubs. I watched him agains Real Sociedad yesterday (I was watching Oyarzabal, obviously), and it does seem that Cucho is not progressing as expected, but as you say, he is still only 21, so he might still come good ...
I caught a bit of his spell at Huesca and he looked like a player who could develop towards an Aguero or Arsenal-era Sanchez; small, powerful, low centre of gravity and excellent close control when dribbling. He has a couple more years given his position, if he hasn't put up something on the cusp of elite by the time he's 23, he probably never will.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2313 on: February 15, 2021, 04:56:44 pm »
I caught a bit of his spell at Huesca and he looked like a player who could develop towards an Aguero or Arsenal-era Sanchez; small, powerful, low centre of gravity and excellent close control when dribbling. He has a couple more years given his position, if he hasn't put up something on the cusp of elite by the time he's 23, he probably never will.

Talking about young South American strikers, I've noticed this kid Kaio playing for Santos in the Copa Libertadores. Obviously, I haven't seen enough of him to make a proper judgement, but he looks very promising ...

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2314 on: February 15, 2021, 09:33:54 pm »
Talking about young South American strikers, I've noticed this kid Kaio playing for Santos in the Copa Libertadores. Obviously, I haven't seen enough of him to make a proper judgement, but he looks very promising ...
Interesting, seems a lot of young forwards in Brazil currently linked with big moves away. On this lad specifically, I can’t say I’ve ever seen him play, my viewing of South American football is restricted to the Libertadores final and some of the more fiery derbys.

One to watch. A lot of these young lads don’t take the route of decent European side as a stepping stone anymore, a la Fenomeno, but take the big move immediately - Jesus, Vinicius, Rodrygo, Reinier etc. Maybe a more tempered approach would do their careers better. Look at a Ronaldo or a Firmino as an example.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #2315 on: February 17, 2021, 09:28:02 pm »
What do the most knowledgeable Serie A heads over here make of Zielinski? I’ve been thinking lately that he could be a very nice addition for our midfield, giving us something different than what he already have. Does he have the endurance and aggression for a Klopp midfield? How much would he cost, etc?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2316 on: February 17, 2021, 10:03:39 pm »

;D Sorry Lastro, had I seen your post I would’ve engaged. I like Zielinski, though probably more as a ten than deeper - he transitions the ball and passes well but he’s not robust enough to play DM in our set up, nor do I think he has a broad enough skillset to replicate a Wijnaldum’s presence. I say he’s better as a ten - stylistically because he certainly doesn’t produce enough key passes or assists to say he’s ‘elite’ there.

I kind of think he’s good enough for our level, but wouldn’t quite suit our system unless we evolved - he certainly offers a goal threat and is talented, but I have reservations about him, that I can’t quite put my finger on. Maybe it’s the way very few seem to blossom-post Napoli, in a similar way to those leavi by ourselves. I think he signed a new deal last year too.

If we’re dropping a big fee on a midfielder from Serie A, I’d rather try and test the waters with Juve for Bentancur.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #2317 on: February 17, 2021, 10:27:55 pm »
  ;D Sorry Lastro, had I seen your post I would’ve engaged. I like Zielinski, though probably more as a ten than deeper - he transitions the ball and passes well but he’s not robust enough to play DM in our set up, nor do I think he has a broad enough skillset to replicate a Wijnaldum’s presence. I say he’s better as a ten - stylistically because he certainly doesn’t produce enough key passes or assists to say he’s ‘elite’ there.

I kind of think he’s good enough for our level, but wouldn’t quite suit our system unless we evolved - he certainly offers a goal threat and is talented, but I have reservations about him, that I can’t quite put my finger on. Maybe it’s the way very few seem to blossom-post Napoli, in a similar way to those leavi by ourselves. I think he signed a new deal last year too.

If we’re dropping a big fee on a midfielder from Serie A, I’d rather try and test the waters with Juve for Bentancur.
I know you would, I forgive you.  ;D

I've always been intrigued by him since we showed interest some years ago, was it the year we got Gini? And I've liked the kind of player he is. Good speed when carrying the ball close to his feet, good passer, and good shot. But it is true that he seems to lack a certain something. Maybe is a lack of aggression or a lack of physical streght for imposing himself into games, a bit like Taki. His lack of assist and key passes would be a bit concerning if we go for him, as I feel we really need a player that can create good goalscoring chances for us, like a De Bruyne or a Grealish. And while I think Zielinski is a good passer, maybe he's not the incisive passer that we need.

I quite like Bentancur, but with Fabinho and Thiago I don't feel we have the need for a player of his ilk. Did an Alisson today too.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 10:33:09 pm by Lastrador »

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #2318 on: February 18, 2021, 03:02:08 am »

Something has just happened with ibra and Lukaku in the Milan derby. scenes. Not sure what happened though. -. Just handbags apparently.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2319 on: February 28, 2021, 11:39:33 am »
Piro will be sacked soon imo. Inter looks like they will walk the league.