Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3433122 times)

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #28240 on: May 15, 2019, 10:49:01 am »
City are unrecognisable from the club they once were. They may as well have upped and moved to a new city and called themselves Abu Dhabi Doo United.

Absolutely correct. They all like seeing their team win of course, but they know as well as we do that the whole thing stinks. They're trying to be OK with it, they'll front it any way they can, but they know deep down this is just one big shitshow and could end overnight if their lottery ticket gets rescinded.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28241 on: May 15, 2019, 10:49:23 am »
Pity is far worse than anger. Not reacting is far worse for them than reacting

Let them chant about Hillsborough. We (and now the majority of all football fans) know the truth. We live in a post inquest world where those attempts fall flat at the first hurdle. It makes them look even worse.

Let them chant about Sean Cox. We sold more tickets to a friendly match supporting his recovery than they sell to a FA cup semi final.

Their chants are unacceptable. But the world sees them for what they are. A plastic club that deserve pitying. They are as worthless and as irrelevant as they were before they got their money

I get what you are saying and where you are coming from but some of this stuff you have to be, if not necessarily angry, then firm over.

Chants about Hillsborough are not on. Chants about a normal match going fan getting beaten almost to death in the street by a rival fan are not on. Even if you give them the benefit of the doubt that it's not about those situations (the players might not believe it is, but I'm certain 90% of the City fans mean it like that) them singing about opposition fans, normal people who go the game and help pay their wages through the Premier League model, getting battered in the streets are not on. The players chanting about injuring another player are not on. Hell, chanting Munich at Gary Neville who was just doing his job at the side of the pitch are not on.

Us as fans can't do much about the chants on the terraces and that Abu Dhabi version of Allez is only going to be sung louder by them next year and I dare say other cuntish fans will sing a version of it to us as well. In fact I'm certain of that part. I'm not blind to the fact we're not exactly innocent about terrace chants either with the obvious one being Munich and I still cringe over the "I want to know how you broke his leg" version of the Risse song after Alan Smith broke his leg blocking a shot.

But the players and officials of City need to know that as a club we won't stand for their part in this. Celebrating injuring another professional is not on and I'm kind of hoping that when England meet up for the Nations League games that Jordan pulls Sterling, Stones and the rest up over it as our club captain. Whether they were singing it or not, they could have tried to put a stop to it when they realised what the words were (Not just the Salah part, the fans part too obv). I'd like the club to put out their own statement at least saying they are aware of it and will ask City for clarification on the matter, which is basically corporate speak for having a quiet word about what a bunch of dicks you've been.

Then next year I want the players to use it as motivation to smash the plastic twats everywhere.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #28242 on: May 15, 2019, 10:59:24 am »
You're bang on. However people want to dress it up, whatever layers they want to add to it, calling liverpool fans victims has it's roots in sheffield, in april 1989.

Yep & i don't recall any mention to it prior, the 'victim' tag was alsp hyped up by that complete cockhead that is Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson who publicly stated it's relevance to Hillsborough & Liverpool.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #28243 on: May 15, 2019, 11:00:15 am »
change the title from city to shitty
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28244 on: May 15, 2019, 11:10:36 am »
They're mercenaries, probably more so than they are footballers.

As for the final, the last time they were in a European final Harold Wilson was Prime Minister!

That's true. Its the lack of humanity and class that really gets me. IF we win the CL, our players will be singing on the way home, but we'll be singing about our own club and not a sick song that is plucked from the terraces that the players imitate and try to be funny then deny it was what they were doing. Fuck I'd love to see big Virgil and co on a pitch with them right now and see how big they are

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28245 on: May 15, 2019, 11:14:17 am »
Just seen Sterling is favourite for Sports Personality of the Year.

Jesus Christ give me strength.

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #28246 on: May 15, 2019, 11:14:43 am »
change the title from city to shitty

Or Abu Dhabi Doo  ...

Nasty club who’ve sold their souls and embraced Trumpian morals
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28247 on: May 15, 2019, 11:19:12 am »
And they call themselves Sportsmen eh ?  What a disgraceful, arrogant, disrespectful bunch of fuckers they have shown themselves to be. I don't care if they just won the league or not, you don't sing about someone left with life changing injuries and think its ok and funny.
Pathetic that they try to deny it, be men, admit what you have done and show a little bit of respect.
Oh and just incase they have forgot - "the scousers won fuck all" ??  We'll see about that.I just wish now more than anything that it was them who we will play in the final not Spurs

They should have held their hands up, apologised, said that in the excitement and exuberance of the moment they lost control, and then individually or collectively made some sort of donation.

It wouldn't have made it okay to have done it in the first place, but it would show an element of contrition, even if it was only surface deep.

But these are shameless times.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 11:21:30 am by Kekuleyule y'all! »

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28248 on: May 15, 2019, 11:20:45 am »
That's true. Its the lack of humanity and class that really gets me. IF we win the CL, our players will be singing on the way home, but we'll be singing about our own club and not a sick song that is plucked from the terraces that the players imitate and try to be funny then deny it was what they were doing. Fuck I'd love to see big Virgil and co on a pitch with them right now and see how big they are

Hope we take a minimum of four points off them next season, do that and we'll win the league.

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28249 on: May 15, 2019, 11:22:21 am »
Full on arrogance from the players and fans,got such an inferiority cpmplex they never sing about them selves,only Liverpool.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28250 on: May 15, 2019, 11:23:28 am »
Just seen Sterling is favourite for Sports Personality of the Year.

Jesus Christ give me strength.

Said it before and will say it again

That fuckers PR team deserve a whopping bonus which I am i no doubt they have already got

An absolute sick stroke of genius.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28251 on: May 15, 2019, 11:27:57 am »
Said it before and will say it again

That fuckers PR team deserve a whopping bonus which I am i no doubt they have already got

An absolute sick stroke of genius.

Yeah exactly.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28252 on: May 15, 2019, 11:28:10 am »
Full on arrogance from the players and fans,got such an inferiority cpmplex they never sing about them selves,only Liverpool.

Just look on here and on the Liverpool subreddit - tons of videos and pictures showing Liverpool players and fans singing about ourselves, about our own club. When we beat Barcelona in yet another classic European night at Anfield, players and fans alike sang together after the final whistle and it wasn't about Barcelona, it was about Liverpool FC.

You'll never see this at the Emptihad.

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28253 on: May 15, 2019, 11:28:20 am »
I get what you are saying and where you are coming from but some of this stuff you have to be, if not necessarily angry, then firm over.

Chants about Hillsborough are not on. Chants about a normal match going fan getting beaten almost to death in the street by a rival fan are not on. Even if you give them the benefit of the doubt that it's not about those situations (the players might not believe it is, but I'm certain 90% of the City fans mean it like that) them singing about opposition fans, normal people who go the game and help pay their wages through the Premier League model, getting battered in the streets are not on. The players chanting about injuring another player are not on. Hell, chanting Munich at Gary Neville who was just doing his job at the side of the pitch are not on.

Us as fans can't do much about the chants on the terraces and that Abu Dhabi version of Allez is only going to be sung louder by them next year and I dare say other cuntish fans will sing a version of it to us as well. In fact I'm certain of that part. I'm not blind to the fact we're not exactly innocent about terrace chants either with the obvious one being Munich and I still cringe over the "I want to know how you broke his leg" version of the Risse song after Alan Smith broke his leg blocking a shot.

But the players and officials of City need to know that as a club we won't stand for their part in this. Celebrating injuring another professional is not on and I'm kind of hoping that when England meet up for the Nations League games that Jordan pulls Sterling, Stones and the rest up over it as our club captain. Whether they were singing it or not, they could have tried to put a stop to it when they realised what the words were (Not just the Salah part, the fans part too obv). I'd like the club to put out their own statement at least saying they are aware of it and will ask City for clarification on the matter, which is basically corporate speak for having a quiet word about what a bunch of dicks you've been.

Then next year I want the players to use it as motivation to smash the plastic twats everywhere.
You make some really good points here. The situation is complicated.

Obviously chants about Hillsborough and/or Sean Cox are fucking revolting. Diabolical - no excuse for it in any possible universe. Goes without saying that we can all agree on that.

Unfortunately though, sections of our fanbase are just as bad. We still have sections of the match-day fanbase who sing about Munich to wind up Utd. Worse still, I've been around fans singing about being 'murderers in Heysel'. This is the darkest day in the club's history, and innocent lives were lost, yet some 'Liverpool fans' sing proudly about it. Unfortunately they weren't the type of lads I fancied telling to shut up, but I really wished I could and the whole experience was really fucking depressing.

So if we're going to sweep those sorts of Liverpool fans under the carpet, shouldn't we just do the same with twats at other clubs? I'm not talking about doing them a favour, I'm talking about doing ourselves a favour, because focusing on this kind of thing is just upsetting and depressing.

City's players and staff have made absolute tits of themselves, and they look really bad. For their sensible fans (and I've spoken to a couple), this is already something they'd rather not think about, something that takes a small but tangible bit of the shine off their team and their title. For the sorts of c*nts that came up with the chant in the first place, this is all brilliant. They'll justify it by citing sections of our fanbase's tendency to sing similar songs, and they'll be delighted that their actual players are getting involved with it. What they want is a reaction, and I don't think we should give it to them. I don't really see what would be achieved. City are a club lacking class in a big way from top to bottom, and anyone with any sense can see that already without us getting involved.

There are lots of shades of grey with regards to this stuff.
'And we'll take 'em two by two, and we'll kick fuck out of you, coz Liverpool are the team that we adore...'
I've sung that one, but I'm not actually into kicking fuck out of anyone over a game of football unless I'm actually playing central midfield and getting the ball first. Unfortunately for us, the lines in their 'ole ole ole' adaptation are subtle enough that it can't be proven to refer to the stuff we know it's intended to. So City can just deny it, and to the majority of fans ignorant of the context and connotations, we'll just appear to conform to that very victim stereotype that we are unfairly given in certain quarters.

For example, anyone who has a problem with Wolves fans for singing about Sterling and City needs to toughen up, frankly. When Ferguson, Rooney and co were on the pitch at Sunderland in 2012 with the reality dawning that 'Aguerooo' had just pinched the title, the way they realised was because the Sunderland fans all started cheering. I've re-watched those scenes a few times, they're brilliant. But why do Sunderland give a fuck if Utd lose? Because that's who they're playing that day. Fair enough. So Wolves have the same right to take the piss out of us. It's harmless banter. We shouldn't be getting up in arms about it. When we do, it conforms to the stereotype, and it's actually a bit hypocritical.

I'd say it's best to focus on this:
City fans invented that song because us knocking them out of Europe hurt them so much. They absolutely hated it, and we loved it.
They've got the same number of league titles as Sunderland and the same number of european cups as Everton.
Let them sing their songs, and let them behave in a way that lacks class. Ignore them. We're going to Madrid.  :wave

« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 11:33:57 am by KingKolo »

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28254 on: May 15, 2019, 11:33:35 am »
Just look on here and on the Liverpool subreddit - tons of videos and pictures showing Liverpool players and fans singing about ourselves, about our own club. When we beat Barcelona in yet another classic European night at Anfield, players and fans alike sang together after the final whistle and it wasn't about Barcelona, it was about Liverpool FC.

Exactly! City know it too.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28255 on: May 15, 2019, 11:36:19 am »
At least be men grow some balls and admit you're wrong, issue an apology and be done with it. I have huge respect for Kompany off the field as he does some incredible work for less fortunate in Manchester and shows a lot of character, if he at least doesn't come out with some kind of apology I will be massively shocked.

All of this 'oh we didn't know it was about this or that or actually it was referencing another battering' is beyond pathetic from their club.

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28256 on: May 15, 2019, 11:40:20 am »
I only really follow Liverpool from afar so I don't really bother noticing if other clubs have many songs of their own or not. Was wondering if any of these clubs apart from maybe Utd in the prem especially in the top 6 have nearly as many songs as we have for our players? Do they have chants and songs for themselves like Allez Allez Allez or Fields of Anfield Road? And do they get sung so regularly? The only things I remember hearing are like "come on you xxx" or "come on xxx" from multiple clubs which is kinda cringeworthy since they all do it. Rarely hear our crowd sing about the opposition if at all. Yet the Steven Gerrard slip song was sung even years after it happened and by multiple clubs even those not in the top 6 and this sign on shit keeps going. Most of the smaller teams seem to have better atmospheres and chants although I never make out what they are.

So coming from a place of probable bias some of these clubs have very little to sing about themselves and the only thing they can come up with is to sing about other teams like us? So small time. Although sometimes it's ok to sing about the other team in banter/fun like the "sacked in the morning" or "you're just a shit Colin Wanker" since it's isolated and might be funny at the time. But when you're not even related to the incident like our title race of 13/14 or still going on about it years later it seems like fk where's the song supporting your own players you pricks. This shit from City is taking classlessness to the next level.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #28257 on: May 15, 2019, 11:58:54 am »

Great point. But not only wont you see at the Emptihad, you wont see it at many other football grounds either.

In Golf, Tiger Woods is the needle. He is the story even if there isn't one. He is the face, the talk, the rumour, the scrutiny. In football, we are the needle, and no other club can fucking handle it.

Offline Mighty Zeus

• Legacy Fan
  • Smite the Tories (with lightning)
« Reply #28258 on: May 15, 2019, 12:03:20 pm »

No. You will never, ever see this at the Etihad.

This is what a gigantic fucking football club looks like.

This is what Manchester City fans will never have and what Manchester City's players will never experience.

And this is why they sing about us. And this is why we don't ever sing about them, any more than we do about Leicester, Bolton or Plymouth Argyle.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 12:44:34 pm by Mighty Zeus »
Socialist Ignoramus Since 2500 BCE

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28259 on: May 15, 2019, 12:07:17 pm »

In Golf, Tiger Woods is the needle. He is the story even if there isn't one. He is the face, the talk, the rumour, the scrutiny. In football, we are the needle, and no other club can fucking handle it.

You're dead right. This season has proved it, we're the biggest club there is an in all honesty it's not even close.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #28260 on: May 15, 2019, 12:31:05 pm »
I've been around fans singing about being 'murderers in Heysel'....So if we're going to sweep those sorts of Liverpool fans under the carpet, shouldn't we just do the same with twats at other clubs?

But, that's the difference isn't it, fans v players? As was said, you expect this behaviour from fans not from their players. That's where the comparison ends in my eyes.

You expect it from fans, but it's different when it's players just like it was different when the Man Utd players did it.

Just as Jurgen pulled Walker when he went on Twitter with his, "it could have been ten points" they need to be told in no uncertain terms that our club thinks their players should have a word with themselves.

To me, we're being mugged off.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #28261 on: May 15, 2019, 12:37:04 pm »
Martin Cox said: "If I'm honest I'm disgusted. Singing and chanting those words, it's like it gives the impression that it's okay for people to carry out attacks like that on people in the streets.

"It's a matter very close to our hearts and whether they say it's about Sean or not, the first thing I think about is Sean being attacked."

He added: "It wasn't long ago that a Manchester City fan was attacked in Germany, so why they think it's okay to sing songs about people being attacked on the streets when one of their own was attacked not long ago is very naive."

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/sean-coxs-brother-says-manchester-16278761
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #28262 on: May 15, 2019, 12:38:47 pm »
^^ very well put.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #28263 on: May 15, 2019, 12:39:33 pm »
I know a City fan who remarkably prefers the days when they were struggling and played at Maine Road.  He hates the plastic feel the club now has.   We talked about the differences between the clubs.  Much as he enjoys the trophies he reckons City sold their soul and bare no comparison to the club he was brought up supporting.  Think he got it spot on when he says that we have managed to move forwards whilst retaining our identity and integrity.

This is the mad thing. City always had a loyal and large following. They got massive crowds down in League 1. They were akin to what Sunderland are now. You neither liked them or hated them but it was easy to recognise they had a large and loyal following. There's no way you would have described their support as plastic 15-20 years ago.

It seems like something has changed within their supporter base. I'm not sure what has driven it. Is it rising costs pushing out the traditional old skool City fans or a new breed of fan attracted by their success or something else. They certainly seem to have lost something within their support over the years.

I think it's fair to say that most clubs have lost something with regards to their supporter base over the last 15-20 years. But the likes of United, Everton and Liverpool have retained a good part of what made them good, and at times unique. For other clubs that gap has been filled by banter culture and it's part of the reason why most opposition fans turn up at Anfield wanting to sing more about us than their own team. City's fanbase has massively fallen into that trap. It's why you get them singing songs about us when they've literally just won the league.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #28264 on: May 15, 2019, 12:42:23 pm »
I guess their players think they’re getting their own back for the time Liverpool supporters pushed their bus off Pier Head into the Mersey.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #28265 on: May 15, 2019, 12:44:17 pm »
'There is no suggestion that the song references Sean Cox or the Hillsborough disaster.'

Oh really? What fucking else could it be then? The same Sean Cox whose story and journey has been rightly documented in the news and on social media recently? The same victims shout that United and other clubs have belted towards us for years? It is highly probable that they were indeed referring to Hillsborough and Sean Cox yet because they've been caught out and shown for what they truly are they are going to backtrack.

In some fucked up way, when the dregs of United's fanbase and our fanbase go back and forth with the Hillsborough/Munich chants at least you know it is just dickheads being dickheads. It is deploreable but there is an understanding I assume from those who are doing it that they are both as bad as each other and they are aware of what is being said. City are trying to squirm out of taking ownership for their words and we cannot let that happen.

Offline KingKolo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28266 on: May 15, 2019, 12:54:25 pm »
But, that's the difference isn't it, fans v players? As was said, you expect this behaviour from fans not from their players. That's where the comparison ends in my eyes.

You expect it from fans, but it's different when it's players just like it was different when the Man Utd players did it.

Just as Jurgen pulled Walker when he went on Twitter with his, "it could have been ten points" they need to be told in no uncertain terms that our club thinks their players should have a word with themselves.

To me, we're being mugged off.
I hear where you're coming from but I do disagree. To me they've mugged themselves off, not us. Anyone with an ounce of sense can see that they've made complete tits of themselves, and as a club they've lowered themselves (further) in comparison to us.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #28267 on: May 15, 2019, 12:57:56 pm »
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/sean-coxs-brother-says-manchester-16278761

and if these players, or the fans of this club continue to plead ignorance, they need to be forced to read that very simple explanation from Martin Cox, and THEN respond.

It really is that simple.

And the fact they had a fan attacked in Gelsenkirchen after their CL match, and they still don't get it, shows one of two things, they are either really really dense, or the more likely senario, they are feigning ignorance, as they know how utterly shit this makes them look.

Pathetic fanbase.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28268 on: May 15, 2019, 12:59:31 pm »
The irony is if it had been footage of your average nobhead supporter engaging in similar behaviour doing the rounds and gaining adverse attention for them, then Manchester City as an organisation would have distanced themselves from it and condemned it almost immediately, whilst plenty of the media outlets that are currently ignoring it/sweeping it under the carpet would be joining in the pile on.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 01:01:48 pm by Kekuleyule y'all! »

Offline Captain Caveman

• Peter Andre's Disney-sponsored rapping cousin
  • Legacy Fan
  • Erik, Igor and Momo.
Sabu retch at putrid "fan", born to screech, doom'd to lose.
MANCHESTER EVERTON AND FUCK.
Says it all

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #28270 on: May 15, 2019, 01:09:48 pm »
The Guardian running with it now.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/15/manchester-city-deny-players-mocked-hillsborough-tragedy-liverpool-flight-song-football

Any article which doesn't publish the lyrics to the song they sang is piss poor.

For the record...

All the way to Kiev
To end up in defeat
Crying in the stands
And battered on the streets
Kompany injured Salah
Victims of it all
Sterling won the double
The scousers won f*ck all
ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #28271 on: May 15, 2019, 01:17:21 pm »
The Guardian running with it now.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/15/manchester-city-deny-players-mocked-hillsborough-tragedy-liverpool-flight-song-football

the fact the official club statment seems to take pride is saying the song had been a regular chant during the season is actually quite pitiful on their behalf. To actually make it a point to say that your own teams fans have spent the season singing about another team, and team who isn't and never will be a rival at that, is embarrassing for them, yet here they are, doing so.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #28272 on: May 15, 2019, 01:18:24 pm »
Just seen the video, knew nothing about this, absolute bellends the lot of them.

Everyone can now see what they are.

The fans are pathetic for singing a song about us anyway, assume when we aren’t even playing them, their pathetic denial as a club just makes them look more foolish.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 01:21:29 pm by Frank Becton »
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28273 on: May 15, 2019, 01:20:49 pm »
Just seen the video, knew nothing about this, absolute bellends the lot of them.

Everyone can now see what they are.

Everyone can see, but nobody will care and/or speak up about it other than us.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #28274 on: May 15, 2019, 01:23:59 pm »
Everyone can see, but nobody will care and/or speak up about it other than us.
Almost no response from the newspaper football journalists on Twitter. Same as when anything with regards to City is brought up.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28275 on: May 15, 2019, 01:24:29 pm »
It’ll be extra sweet when we beat them to the title and not think about them once after we do, let alone sing about them. So, so sweet.

Disgusting club that is the embodiement of almost everything wrong with the world today.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28276 on: May 15, 2019, 01:34:19 pm »
Almost no response from the newspaper football journalists on Twitter. Same as when anything with regards to City is brought up.

City have very aggressive lawyers like that Simon Cliff

https://twitter.com/city_chief/status/1058480657024905217?lang=fi

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28277 on: May 15, 2019, 01:37:46 pm »
Their official statement is as pathetic as their ''support''

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28278 on: May 15, 2019, 01:38:58 pm »
Square root of fuck all about this in the media. Let's step back and think about that for a minute and tell me there isn't an agenda here.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28279 on: May 15, 2019, 01:40:17 pm »
For any City fans popping in ....

You've never conquered Europe.
You always fuck it up.
Now Salah's off to Madrid.
To win the European Cup!
You'll never reach the Final
You'll never get that far.
You thought you made the Semi's
But in stepped VAR...
Allez Allez Allez....

:lmao :lmao :lmao :champ
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?