Author Topic: Daniel Sturridge  (Read 336805 times)

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Daniel Sturridge
« Reply #3440 on: January 2, 2017, 06:54:56 pm »
Today was Sturridge in a nutshell.

A well taken goal, great forward play, the team overall is weaker, and he is injured.

He should be back for the LC final.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3441 on: January 2, 2017, 06:55:38 pm »
Klopp said he suffered a knock but it shouldnt be too bad.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3442 on: January 2, 2017, 06:57:01 pm »
For a normal player yes, expect him to miss the next 10 games.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #3443 on: January 2, 2017, 07:00:50 pm »
You see here lays the problem and it has to be said, Sturridge is always going to be out and he needs moving on, i'm not sorry but its a fact. He got a bang today and Klopp was spot on about him not being tough enough.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3444 on: January 2, 2017, 07:05:24 pm »
Wasn't he also being substituted anyway which is why he stayed down?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #3445 on: January 2, 2017, 07:08:35 pm »
Wasn't he also being substituted anyway which is why he stayed down?

Was he not being subbed for that reason?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #3446 on: January 2, 2017, 07:14:03 pm »

Yeah I thought he waved to the side that he needs to come off.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3447 on: January 2, 2017, 07:16:43 pm »
On my stream they said he was then going to be susbstitued anyway while he was on the floor.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3448 on: January 3, 2017, 12:11:19 am »
Sturridge is frustrating as fuck. He gets shots on target when nobody else can then cry's off when someone stands on his toe.   Needs psychological conditioning whilst he's out this time or Klopp to tell him to "man up".
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3449 on: January 3, 2017, 12:38:58 am »
Klopp wouldn't pick him for Utd even if fit probably for the same reasons he didn't pick him vs City.

Mane is away by then. I don't think Sturridge is an automatic starter when everyone is here but at the moment, given the injuries, I think there's a chance that he might come back anyway.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #3450 on: January 3, 2017, 12:40:24 am »
For a normal player yes, expect him to miss the next 10 games.
Hell be out "for a week", which normally means around 5 or 6 games.

He looked sharp today though. Quality player. Won't be here next season, he'll be moved on, but we need him badly over the coming months.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3451 on: January 3, 2017, 12:51:53 am »
Sturridge is frustrating as fuck. He gets shots on target when nobody else can then cry's off when someone stands on his toe.   Needs psychological conditioning whilst he's out this time or Klopp to tell him to "man up".

Or he could be injured after a shithouse tackle.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3452 on: January 3, 2017, 03:04:27 am »
Was so happy to see Sturridge start today. His forward play in the first half.was excellent but you also could see why klopp doesn't see him as the automatic starter that his attacking play merits. Was the only attacker who didn't play 48 hours before and he was still strolling around and did less pressing then any of the others. He is a luxuary player who should be 3rd choice behind origi and firminho. His quality on the ball is incredible though.

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #3453 on: January 3, 2017, 08:29:18 am »
What a quality player he is.

If fit, he's by far and away the best English footballer out there, and could genuinely compete with Costa as the best forward in the division.

I really really hope he can stay fit. There's more quality in this fella than a peak Torres.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #3454 on: January 3, 2017, 08:31:49 am »
Kind of sad, that the self proclaimed best fans in the world say shit like "will be back for the title run in" or "back for the final" based on some garbage articles by garbage journalists.

Why would Sturridge not want to play 50 games a year, bang in 35 goals and be regarded as one of the best forwards in the world?

Do you think he wants to stay at home and be potentially moved onto some shite club like West Ham?

I mean, come on, at least talk half sense, not even asking for complete sense!
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3455 on: January 3, 2017, 10:45:05 am »
He was brilliant yesterday.

He must have had what, 5 shots on target or something?

The way he makes space for the shot is just sublime.

And a few more minutes under his belt and one or two of them shots would have hit the top corner where the keeper had no chance.

Any news on the knock?  You can't help but brick it every time he goes off like that  ;D

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #3456 on: January 3, 2017, 04:16:56 pm »
Today was Sturridge in a nutshell.

A well taken goal, great forward play, the team overall is weaker, and he is injured.

He should be back for the LC final.
Did Southampton get disqualified?
Seen us win everything

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3457 on: January 3, 2017, 04:34:07 pm »
It was frustrating to see him not getting in the box when we had the ball in good position down the flanks.

Not sure if it was instruction, but he was coming deep a fair bit to get the ball, was slow and ponderous to get rid of the ball, and by the time we were in a threatening position he was nowhere near the goal.

Sunderland central defenders are shite, it's their weak position, i doubt they had an easier fixture all season. Primarily because they had so little to do. Late on, as soon as we start going at them with emergency and getting bodies in the box they looked all over the place. We needed someone to get in the box and keep them occupied, thus giving more space to the likes of Mane and Firmino.

The times Shea and their other central defender vacated their central positions to go press Mane or Firmino, knowing full well there was no one in the box was frustrating to witness.

If Origi has one tick in his corner, is that he gets in the box quickly to score.

I'm assuming Sturridge was playing to instruction yesterday, but it was the exact same performance he put in against Burnley too - but as soon as the build up work is done, he needs to get himself quickly in the box, not watch and admire his pass.

Frustrating performance, because it was also littered with moments of brilliance that he brings to the team.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3458 on: January 3, 2017, 05:14:26 pm »
He was brilliant yesterday.

He must have had what, 5 shots on target or something?

The way he makes space for the shot is just sublime.

And a few more minutes under his belt and one or two of them shots would have hit the top corner where the keeper had no chance.

Any news on the knock?  You can't help but brick it every time he goes off like that  ;D

I know. You sort of expect the worst. Although we have nearly 2 weeks to the next league game don't we ?  Hopefully he'll be ok for that, hopefully

Offline anoopvk

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #3459 on: January 4, 2017, 10:11:41 am »
It was frustrating to see him not getting in the box when we had the ball in good position down the flanks.

Not sure if it was instruction, but he was coming deep a fair bit to get the ball, was slow and ponderous to get rid of the ball, and by the time we were in a threatening position he was nowhere near the goal.

Sunderland central defenders are shite, it's their weak position, i doubt they had an easier fixture all season. Primarily because they had so little to do. Late on, as soon as we start going at them with emergency and getting bodies in the box they looked all over the place. We needed someone to get in the box and keep them occupied, thus giving more space to the likes of Mane and Firmino.

The times Shea and their other central defender vacated their central positions to go press Mane or Firmino, knowing full well there was no one in the box was frustrating to witness.

If Origi has one tick in his corner, is that he gets in the box quickly to score.

I'm assuming Sturridge was playing to instruction yesterday, but it was the exact same performance he put in against Burnley too - but as soon as the build up work is done, he needs to get himself quickly in the box, not watch and admire his pass.

Frustrating performance, because it was also littered with moments of brilliance that he brings to the team.
I wonder what would be the tone of these posts if that shot after an amazing one two with Lallana went in.
"We must turn from doubters to believers"

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3460 on: January 4, 2017, 10:16:04 am »

The irony of this post being he scored a proper goal poachers goal by being inside the 6 yard box.

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3461 on: January 6, 2017, 01:06:01 pm »
scored  his first ever goal for us on this day in 2013

Online Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3462 on: January 6, 2017, 01:44:40 pm »
scored  his first ever goal for us on this day in 2013

Remember it well! One of those simple goals against lower league opposition but still ice cool

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3463 on: January 6, 2017, 02:23:25 pm »
What a quality player he is.

If fit, he's by far and away the best English footballer out there, and could genuinely compete with Costa as the best forward in the division.

I really really hope he can stay fit. There's more quality in this fella than a peak Torres.

No chance.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #3464 on: January 6, 2017, 02:28:54 pm »
Phew :D

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3465 on: January 6, 2017, 02:30:28 pm »
No chance.

I think Sturridge has more ability on the ball and more ability outside the box.
Put it this way, I don't think Torres could score the goal that Sturridge scores in the Uefa Cup final.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3466 on: January 6, 2017, 02:32:20 pm »
I think Sturridge has more ability on the ball and more ability outside the box.
Put it this way, I don't think Torres could score the goal that Sturridge scores in the Uefa Cup final.
Absolutely true.. but Sturbridge doesn't have the raw physicality of Sturbridge, so it's horses for courses..

Both excellent.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3467 on: January 6, 2017, 02:34:23 pm »
Absolutely true.. but Sturbridge doesn't have the raw physicality of Sturbridge, so it's horses for courses..

Both excellent.

I think Sturridge has the ability of Sturridge ;)

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #3468 on: January 6, 2017, 02:37:57 pm »
Sturridge is a wonderful player; when on the ball and on the pitch.

Klopp needs durable footballers.

Sturridge is not durable.

Therefore, unfortunately he cannot be a long-term player for Klopp. If he's fit for some of the time this season he could get us 5-10 absolutely crucial goals and then his agent will be "all action" in the summer, no doubt.

Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3469 on: January 6, 2017, 02:39:23 pm »
I think Sturridge has the ability of Sturridge ;)
I still call him Dean half the time
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3470 on: January 6, 2017, 02:46:05 pm »

I disagree on all counts.  Torres scored some absolute crackers for us from outside of the box and other difficult positions.  Peak Torres was absolutely capable of scoring the type of goal which Daniel did in the UEFA final. I also think that Torres was much better at beating players, which wasn't all about pace, so -  depending on your definition - I'd say that he was the better of the two on the ball.  I think that people have short memories, perhaps understandably so given the way things went, about just how good he was for us. 

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3471 on: January 6, 2017, 03:24:31 pm »
I disagree on all counts.  Torres scored some absolute crackers for us from outside of the box and other difficult positions.  Peak Torres was absolutely capable of scoring the type of goal which Daniel did in the UEFA final. I also think that Torres was much better at beating players, which wasn't all about pace, so -  depending on your definition - I'd say that he was the better of the two on the ball.  I think that people have short memories, perhaps understandably so given the way things went, about just how good he was for us. 

Bending in a shot outside of the box with the outside of his boot so it curls away from the keeper? I don't think I've seen Torres score a goal like that.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #3472 on: January 6, 2017, 03:57:43 pm »
Bending in a shot outside of the box with the outside of his boot so it curls away from the keeper?

Sturridge's wasn't outside the box though fwiw.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3473 on: January 6, 2017, 04:00:22 pm »
No chance.

All chance. Daniel is better all round player.

Maybe he just doesn't have the highlight's package.  :D

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3474 on: January 6, 2017, 04:09:17 pm »
Seeing pics of him and Phil in full training today? Day made.  :wellin
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #3475 on: January 6, 2017, 04:16:20 pm »

;D ;D ;D

Fabulous news.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #3476 on: January 6, 2017, 05:02:54 pm »

What are the chance of them being fit for the trip to Old Trafford?
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #3477 on: January 6, 2017, 05:34:58 pm »
What are the chance of them being fit for the trip to Old Trafford?

Should both be involved if training
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3478 on: January 9, 2017, 09:27:04 am »
Was nice to see him back and fully recovered from his knock within a week, looked by far the most likely to score when he came on yesterday. Start him and Origi on Wednesday and both then back on the bench for the United match?

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3479 on: January 9, 2017, 10:41:27 am »
Was nice to see him back and fully recovered from his knock within a week, looked by far the most likely to score when he came on yesterday. Start him and Origi on Wednesday and both then back on the bench for the United match?
Without Mane, Sturridge will start at United
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur