Author Topic: “The wife” (a study in how men subconsciously other women).  (Read 6714 times)

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
Re: “The wife” (a study in how men subconsciously other women).
« Reply #160 on: July 22, 2021, 05:48:02 pm »
He'll start one soon to find out which hand you hold your fork in. Then another to ask do you put your left shoe on first or your right shoe. Got to keep those topic starter stats up.

It'll have an angry title though.  'Some right-forkers out there', or something.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: July 22, 2021, 06:09:26 pm »
Thought this was a piss-take thread at first. Absolute load of shite, belongs in the bin. Sorry, I mean bin.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #162 on: July 22, 2021, 06:24:36 pm »
I find some of the responses in this thread profoundly disturbing..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #163 on: July 22, 2021, 06:27:31 pm »

How do you think I feel  :wanker
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: July 22, 2021, 06:34:03 pm »
Get over yourself, nobody cares, attention seeking at its finest.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: July 22, 2021, 06:35:05 pm »

C'mon Tepid, get off your high horse. People disagree with you, and you know they are good people with good intentions (mostly anyway  ;D)

You started a post telling other people should speak about women, based on how you feel, and how you think women probably feel, without any  consideration for different cultures, how people in different parts of the country and world converse with each other, and seemingly without really asking women.

There's nothing disturbing about it.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: July 22, 2021, 06:40:02 pm »
I asked the girlfriend her opinion. She said to get a grip if you think this is offensive.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #167 on: July 22, 2021, 06:47:09 pm »
I find it bizarre that people actually discuss shite like this. Mentioned it earlier but if this was real life I’d swerve the fuck out of anyone involved in that convo. It’s fucking bizarre to me

I don’t hardly watch tv but I’ve seen bits and It’s the sorta shit discussed on loose women. ;D

Join us next week as we talk to Kerry Katona on her decision to get Botox in her tits and finally finding Mr Right after her 18th marriage

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2021, 07:01:36 pm »
;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: July 22, 2021, 07:02:48 pm »
Tep's had a shocker here.

Online Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #170 on: July 22, 2021, 07:06:21 pm »
Im sure you didn’t mean to equate women and dogs.

Oh God just log off at this point

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
Re: “The wife”
« Reply #171 on: July 22, 2021, 07:07:00 pm »
I was talking about this to Mrs Big Dick just earlier this morning.
:lmao
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #172 on: July 22, 2021, 07:20:37 pm »
He'll start one soon to find out which hand you hold your fork in. Then another to ask do you put your left shoe on first or your right shoe. Got to keep those topic starter stats up.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #173 on: July 22, 2021, 08:07:36 pm »
I am female - I don't particularly like the term "the wife".  I absolutely hate the term "bird" for females and find that offensive. 
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: July 22, 2021, 08:08:01 pm »
I know we've all been locked up for a while and it's quite hot, but this is a fucking weird thread.

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #175 on: July 22, 2021, 08:16:57 pm »
I know we've all been locked up for a while and it's quite hot, but this is a fucking weird thread.
Ya reckon ;D

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Re: “The wife”
« Reply #176 on: July 22, 2021, 09:05:24 pm »
Finally!  I’m the woke one…

Genuinely though, it boils my loss every time I hear it.  My wife?  Ok, that distinguishes her another persons wife.  “The” wife….  Urgh …
Genuinely  a bit shocked by the response to be totally honest.

You probably won’t find a more “woke” intersectional feminist and general do-gooder than me and this thread is cringe and tryhard. Sorry!

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #177 on: July 22, 2021, 09:05:47 pm »

;D

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: July 22, 2021, 09:09:20 pm »
Tep's had a shocker here.

Yep.

Man is outraged at thing which some women don't like and some don't care about.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 09:17:11 pm by .adam »

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: July 22, 2021, 09:18:00 pm »
Get a grip ffs Tepid  ::)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #180 on: July 22, 2021, 09:30:04 pm »
I find it bizarre that people actually discuss shite like this. Mentioned it earlier but if this was real life I’d swerve the fuck out of anyone involved in that convo. It’s fucking bizarre to me

I don’t hardly watch tv but I’ve seen bits and It’s the sorta shit discussed on loose women. ;D

Join us next week as we talk to Kerry Katona on her decision to get Botox in her tits and finally finding Mr Right after her 18th marriage

Hmmmm. So an occasional TV viewer just 'happens' on Loose Women?

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: July 22, 2021, 09:31:50 pm »
Hmmmm. So an occasional TV viewer just 'happens' on Loose Women?

Thats some seriously 'bad luck' :D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #182 on: July 22, 2021, 09:36:10 pm »
I don’t think sitting in peoples bushes classes as a job
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: July 22, 2021, 09:36:28 pm »
haha I have to visit peoples houses as part of my job. That job is sometimes  at dinner time an they have that shite on ;D

As excuses go that's a good 'un.

Doesn't excuse you sitting down with a nice cup of tea and and digestive to watch along with them.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: July 22, 2021, 09:38:53 pm »
Haha im making their dinner and seeing to other stuff. I catch whats being talked about as im going about my business.
Are you Lloyd Grossman?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: July 22, 2021, 09:42:39 pm »
Haha im making their dinner and seeing to other stuff. I catch whats being talked about as im going about my business.

Sausages?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: July 22, 2021, 09:43:27 pm »
We aren't signing the wife.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #187 on: July 22, 2021, 09:44:52 pm »
Are you Lloyd Grossman?
The big fella with the beatiful singing voice from Stir Crazy? Aww youre making me blush but nope

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #188 on: July 22, 2021, 09:44:55 pm »
Having read through the entire thread I am of the opinion that this thread is heatwave induced shite  :wave
I'd better not tell you that I call my wife "Me bird" but that's only coz she's got loads of crows feet  ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #190 on: July 22, 2021, 09:46:21 pm »
Take my wife...

No, please, take her.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #191 on: July 22, 2021, 09:47:08 pm »
I knew someone once who called his mum 'me old tit'.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: July 22, 2021, 09:58:42 pm »
For context, I love in the south east.

The people who use the phrase “the wife” here are Tory golf/rugby club middle types who weigh their wives once a month (and this genuinely  happens).

Maybe I’m influenced  by their use of it? 

They certainly use it in a derogatory manner, so I’m happy to be in a minority of one.  I still think I’m right.

W

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #193 on: July 22, 2021, 10:01:28 pm »
I still think I’m right.

Toxic masculinity that.

:P

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: July 22, 2021, 10:04:33 pm »

The people who use the phrase “the wife” here are Tory golf/rugby club middle types who weigh their wives once a month (and this genuinely  happens).

They certainly use it in a derogatory manner, so I’m happy to be in a minority of one.  I still think I’m right.

It sounds like 'fixing' the language used is just putting a sticky plaster on a wider issue.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #195 on: July 22, 2021, 10:06:18 pm »

You love in the south east?

Does the wife know?

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
« Reply #196 on: July 22, 2021, 10:06:47 pm »
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #197 on: July 22, 2021, 10:07:14 pm »
You love in the south east?

Does the wife know?

You mean "my" wife.

and I've just asked and she didn't.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: July 22, 2021, 10:07:58 pm »
It sounds like 'fixing' the language used is just putting a sticky plaster on a wider issue.
Yes, that’s a fair comment …. It’s a symptom of it for sure.
W

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: July 22, 2021, 10:08:22 pm »

I thought that 'clubbable' set would refer to the 'Ladywife' or 'She who must be obeyed'. 'The wife' sounds a bit - Northern?