How much sleep do you have (on average) a night as an estimate

Less than 3 hours
3-4 hours
4-5 hours
5-6 hours
6-7 hours
7-8 hours
More than 8 hours

Author Topic: Sleepy time!  (Read 2459 times)

Online Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Sleepy time!
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2021, 09:02:37 am »
I usually fall asleep within twenty minutes of getting into bed;more often than not though I'll wake up around 2 o'clock and it can take me as long as three hours to get back to sleep.

Especially now when it's too hot to sleep anyway.

Online .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2021, 12:46:16 pm »
Have always read that a good amount of sleep is important to your long-term health so I stick quite diligently to getting 8 hours. My body clock actually seems almost trained now to wake me up after I've been asleep for 8.

I always sleep pretty poorly after a night on the booze so will get no more than 6 usually in those circumstances.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2021, 02:22:17 pm »
So this is quite interesting.

The 'usual' or 'normal' amount of sleep I read and hear about (8+ hours) seems to be nothing like 'normal' nor ever has been for the majority of people.

I feel a bit better now with my less sleep (That I've always felt fine with)

:)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2021, 02:59:16 pm »
6ish - perhaps 7ish at the weekend unless I've had beers and sleep in.

Tend to head to bed at about 1am - I'm definitely a bit of 'a night owl' and a bit set in my evening routine.  Back in the office two days a week from September, so that might influence a bit of a change as I reckon those first few days will hit me quite hard...!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2021, 02:59:35 pm »
Varies really, probably on average about 6 or 7 during the week (but usually broken up) and will happily catch up with 9 or 10 if I can at the weekend. I exist in a state of being constantly knackered, I generally wake up in the morning, mutter For Fuck's Sake and then work out how long it is until I can go back to bed again.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2021, 03:41:49 pm »

The 'usual' or 'normal' amount of sleep I read and hear about (8+ hours) seems to be nothing like 'normal' nor ever has been for the majority of people.

It think you are using the wrong words, Andy. 8 hours is the advised amount, not the 'usual' or 'normal' amount. I think it is commonly held that people don't get enough sleep.

Estimates that I've seen are that 7-9 hours is the advised amount to allow for the requisite growth/repair process whilst you are asleep.

https://www.sleepfoundation.org/how-sleep-works/how-much-sleep-do-we-really-need#:~:text=National%20Sleep%20Foundation%20guidelines1,to%208%20hours%20per%20night.

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/sleep/sleep-needs-get-the-sleep-you-need.htm#

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/sleep-and-tiredness/how-to-get-to-sleep/

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2021, 04:01:38 pm »
Have always read that a good amount of sleep is important to your long-term health so I stick quite diligently to getting 8 hours. My body clock actually seems almost trained now to wake me up after I've been asleep for 8.

I always sleep pretty poorly after a night on the booze so will get no more than 6 usually in those circumstances.

I used to be a nightmare the other way, I'd go out on a Saturday, minimum 10 pints, kebab with garlic sauce to finish, get in about 2am and wake up about 3pm on the Sunday afternoon. That stopped when my mate rang one morning at 9am and said get yer fat fucking arse to Maghull high school, we're playing 5 a side. One of the best phone calls I ever got, I got very fit after that.

Had one New Year were me and an ex went to bed about 2am, got to sleep around 4 and I woke up and it was still dark - checked the time and it was 6PM.
Jurgen YNWA

Online .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2021, 05:09:48 pm »

Yeah, a heavy session seems to knock most people out but for me it just breaks up my sleep (end up waking every hour or so), messes with my body temperature whilst I'm sleeping and I'll end up getting about six-ish hours in total.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2021, 05:25:00 pm »
Yeah, a heavy session seems to knock most people out but for me it just breaks up my sleep (end up waking every hour or so), messes with my body temperature whilst I'm sleeping and I'll end up getting about six-ish hours in total.

My missus is the same, wakes about 5 or 6 times when she's been on the wine.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2021, 07:14:51 am »

The majority of the population is sleep deprieved. That might mean it's normal, but then a large amount of the population is also overweight, making it normal. Both things are just not ideal in the interest of a healthy long life.

There are some people that naturally need less sleep, and get by on 4 hours or so. You might just be one of them.

I changed jobs recently and have a much shorter commute now. Waking up without an alarm is absolute bliss :D
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2021, 09:43:50 am »
Usually 8 hours in the week, and depending on when I go to bed about 8-10 at the weekends. If I have 6 hours ish for whatever reason, I can cope for one day, but after that I can't do it again, just feel awful.

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2021, 10:09:03 am »
Used to take me over an hour years a go to get to sleep. Nowadays I reckon it's about 20 mins.