Author Topic: The Metal thread. Show your horns!  (Read 182244 times)

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
Re: The metal thread. Show your horns!
« Reply #320 on: June 25, 2010, 09:14:47 am »
Been a month since I last posted in this thread. So, to resurrect it, i thought i'd show you all what's been playing on my headphones none stop for the past few days :

First new Witchery album for 4 years and they've only gone and got Legion (ex-Marduk, ex Devian) to do their vocals. Death thrash fucking tastic. Loving it!!!!!!!

;D
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #321 on: June 25, 2010, 10:08:00 pm »
I've got this going at the mo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS3NkhjsBf0

Brill stuff that!

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #322 on: June 26, 2010, 04:29:55 am »
I've got a lot of time for Isis. Went and saw them live when they were touring oceanic (I think) and they were brilliant! I have to stay away from the appalling remix album though (is there more than 1 i can't remember)

On a completely unrelated note, has anyone else listened to the new Iron Maiden track from the upcoming Final Frontier album that they put up on their website? Before I go on I'd like to point out that i'm a massive maiden fan, I fucking love them. But "El Dorado" the track they've put out is fucking cack. It's not even maiden by the numbers. Bruce sounds utterly uninterested in the vocals until after half way through and the riffing sounds like one of the shit songs from the No Prayer/Fear of the dark albums. Gutted, i hope the rest of the album is better than that. A matter of Life and Death was a corker of an album in my book, which is perhaps why i'm so underwhelmed with this new song.
Gratitude

Offline MARKEDEN77

• Main Stander
  • Breath in these cities of red and gold.
« Reply #323 on: June 26, 2010, 06:31:45 pm »
My band's just finished recording the first cd of many.

The drums were done in the studio with clip mics, everything else added using cubase.
It's come out ok though we're getting it mastered in the next few weeks, so the overall level should improve.

We're kinda going for a cult of luna vibe, though this song's a bit happy to be honest  ;)
Let me know what ya think.

http://www.myspace.com/meieruk

Just a bit of background, 3 of us used to be in a band called Incision (10 years ago) recorded level changes blind and toured with brutal deluxe, i was also in Subluminal who Max Cavalera described as, to use his words "fucking heavy"  8)

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #324 on: June 28, 2010, 04:01:24 pm »
Check out this blog:

http://churchofzer.blogspot.com/
There are a few metal bands, lots of punk/hardcore and in the links there are albums/rare bootlegs you can download.

Scroll down the page. On the RHS the list of bands (over 700) will appear.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense

Offline MARKEDEN77

• Main Stander
« Reply #325 on: July 10, 2010, 10:22:26 pm »
Just finished doing a diy recording using clip on drum mics and cubase.
Have a listen, let me know what you think ;0D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaTC0X7-Ae0

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #326 on: July 12, 2010, 06:12:56 am »
Hey Markeden77, i haven't had a chance to check out any of your stuff yet mate, i will get to listening to it this week!
Gratitude

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: July 12, 2010, 06:34:42 am »
Ok, so now I've started getting back into this genre. Been listening to a lot of Metallica (pre-Black album) and Pantera. Any more recos along that line? Slowly trying to get myself into harsher vocals too.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #328 on: July 12, 2010, 07:14:38 am »
Ok, so now I've started getting back into this genre. Been listening to a lot of Metallica (pre-Black album) and Pantera. Any more recos along that line? Slowly trying to get myself into harsher vocals too.
;D

It's such a wide genre nowadays it's pretty hard to recommend at times unless someone's quite specific. You might enjoy some of the later Slayer releases and maybe a couple of the later Anthrax albums. For slayer i'd recommend God hates us all or World painted blood (which is their latest) for anthrax Volume 8 or We've come for you all. If you want to go further, maybe Crack the Skye by Mastodon, might be up your street. I mention it because my brother asked me for something "like the black album mixed with sound of white noise by anthrax", sent him a copy of that Mastodon and he loved it, so you never know. Oh and look up Susperia, they remind me of pantera at times (for some reason, they're nothing like them really, but i get the same feeling from them) any from Unlimited, Cut from Stone and Attitude might be down your alley.

I'll stop now as i'm name dropping bands.... so as much as I hate it, here's the myspazz links (it is a useful thing for checking people out)

http://www.myspace.com/susperiafans
http://www.myspace.com/mastodon
Gratitude

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #329 on: July 12, 2010, 07:51:42 am »
Susperia were completely ruined for me when I saw what they looked like. Don't mind the black metal look but it looks ridiculous if you're playing rock. I wouldn't go to a Megadeth gig dressed up like Mayhem.

Get yourself some Megadeth if you haven't already Abhred. Rust In Peace, if you haven't already got it, obv. For harsher vocals try and track down some Nervecell.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #330 on: July 12, 2010, 08:49:50 am »
My mate's band have a track on the new Metal Hammer magazine go check them out they're called Here There Be Monsters (HTBM).

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #331 on: July 12, 2010, 08:55:35 am »
Recommended new albums:

Masterplan - Time to be king

Pretty Maids - Pandemonium

Y&T - Facemelter

Some older, but highly recommended albums:

Leverage - Circus Colossus

Krokus - Hoodoo

Empire - Chasing Shadows
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #332 on: July 12, 2010, 11:17:49 am »
Susperia were completely ruined for me when I saw what they looked like. Don't mind the black metal look but it looks ridiculous if you're playing rock. I wouldn't go to a Megadeth gig dressed up like Mayhem.

Get yourself some Megadeth if you haven't already Abhred. Rust In Peace, if you haven't already got it, obv. For harsher vocals try and track down some Nervecell.
To be quite honest mate I've utterly given up on bothering to even look at what most bands look like. Some people are entertaining when they don't take themselves seriously (immortal for example, Legion in witchery at the top of the page, there's a few others) but most look like utter twats. I've seen most of them live, they look like twats on stage if they can't laugh at themselves and Susperia on stage when i saw them looked no more rediculous then Dave mustaine when i saw megadeth, playing in a mustard coloured polo neck that was too big for him. Both gigs and bands still rocked like utter fuckers so it really doesn't matter. Looks have no bearing on what's coming out of my speakers when i'm listening to the cd's either.

You vain, picky twat ;) ;D
Gratitude

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: July 12, 2010, 11:28:05 am »
I'd heard a lot of Slayer/Megadeth/early Thrash metal. I'm looking for some modern metal. A friend recommended Pelican for some instrumental metal. Will look into that.
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #334 on: July 12, 2010, 11:34:08 am »
I'd heard a lot of Slayer/Megadeth/early Thrash metal. I'm looking for some modern metal. A friend recommended Pelican for some instrumental metal. Will look into that.
Well I think me and Juan will both approve on that front! ;D Let us know what you think!
Gratitude

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: July 12, 2010, 03:47:43 pm »
Stuck in a traffic jam for like an hour. Resorted to Panopticon by Isis. Lovely relaxing music, with a bit of heavy vocals thrown in. Great music to just play in the background and drive.

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: July 12, 2010, 06:48:35 pm »
To be quite honest mate I've utterly given up on bothering to even look at what most bands look like. Some people are entertaining when they don't take themselves seriously (immortal for example, Legion in witchery at the top of the page, there's a few others) but most look like utter twats. I've seen most of them live, they look like twats on stage if they can't laugh at themselves and Susperia on stage when i saw them looked no more rediculous then Dave mustaine when i saw megadeth, playing in a mustard coloured polo neck that was too big for him. Both gigs and bands still rocked like utter fuckers so it really doesn't matter. Looks have no bearing on what's coming out of my speakers when i'm listening to the cd's either.

You vain, picky twat ;) ;D

Don't knock Dave. He's at the cutting edge of fashion. Besides, any criticism of Dave just makes you a Jesus hating arsehole and God will smite you for your sin.

I don't mind how a bad looks mostly, I love the Cure and kiss, and Poison. But christ, even by 'visual metal' standards Susperia look silly. Like Mortis with less self-awareness. I see they've gone away from the face paint now though and have instead resorted to looking like Italian bouncers ;)

Well I think me and Juan will both approve on that front! ;D Let us know what you think!

Too right. Get on 'em, and Isis. Oh, and Mastodon like RIC has already suggested. And High on Fire. And Down. And...

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: July 12, 2010, 06:56:10 pm »
Too right. Get on 'em, and Isis. Oh, and Mastodon like RIC has already suggested. And High on Fire. And Down. And...

Already loving Isis as posted above. Will check the others out

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #338 on: July 12, 2010, 11:40:01 pm »
Already loving Isis as posted above. Will check the others out
For the sake of everything that's holy, stay away from the Isis remix albums though, utter garbage and actually made me stop listening to them for about a year due to the offence it caused my ears!
Don't knock Dave. He's at the cutting edge of fashion. Besides, any criticism of Dave just makes you a Jesus hating arsehole and God will smite you for your sin.

I don't mind how a bad looks mostly, I love the Cure and kiss, and Poison. But christ, even by 'visual metal' standards Susperia look silly. Like Mortis with less self-awareness. I see they've gone away from the face paint now though and have instead resorted to looking like Italian bouncers ;)

:lmao yeah they do look like itlaian bouncers now, you're not wrong. The facepaint was after they'd not long formed after being kicked out of the their respective black metal bands (well some of them anyway).  Susperia have looked, even at their silliest, like the most normal people on the earth compared to the midget 80's trent reznor throwback oddity that was/is mortiis. I shudder to think that he ever played bass in emperor quite frankly. ;D Then again, Ihsahn's spiky shoulderpads and Samoth in a cape on a horse possibly wasn't their finest ever video moments........

For the greatest ever video for not taking yourselves seriously it's this one, by miles:

http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=-VBdAY8eA9w&feature=related

I love it. One of the best ever live acts, all painted up, dressed up in homemade armour and weapons that Horgh made, i saw them in the astoria 2, blistering set interspersed with brilliant interaction with the crowd and the band genuinely looking like they enjoyed themselves, laughing and fucking about at times. Brilliant!

Deffo get on the new High on Fire (and then work backwards through the amazing back cataloge!), deffo get on Nola by Down as well!

Oh abhred, if you're looking for someone modern, with good technical skills, groovey yet brutal in places, give Daath a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn_aQwQUs2M
Gratitude

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: July 13, 2010, 12:53:47 am »

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #340 on: July 13, 2010, 12:55:31 am »
That really wouldn't look out of place in Garth Marenghi's Dark Place.
;D I know! From reading interviews with Abbath years ago, that's what they wanted, something very light hearted that they could look back on and have a laugh. Mission accomplished!
Gratitude

Offline Halibut-Thumb

• I apologise for my shit user name and piss-poor spelling. You know, my friends and family tell me they are surprised I couldn't think of anything better. Ah well, such is life.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • Lesbian ham?
« Reply #341 on: July 14, 2010, 04:10:54 am »
Any Lamb Of God fans on here... In my opinion, the best metal band still going around.
In Soviet Russia, fish fingers you.

Offline henrydk

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #342 on: July 14, 2010, 09:04:38 am »
This is one of the funniest things i have ever seen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl4_LdlicCU

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: July 14, 2010, 07:31:43 pm »
Don't you just love rediscovering old albums? I stumbled across At The Gates' Slaughter of the Soul the other day... man it's good. You can hear where Arch Enemy, The Haunted, In Flames and all the rest started picking it up from. Such a good album.

Offline MARKEDEN77

• Main Stander
« Reply #344 on: July 14, 2010, 10:19:56 pm »
Hey Markeden77, i haven't had a chance to check out any of your stuff yet mate, i will get to listening to it this week!

Ah cheers chap, let me know what you think. We're looking to record the next cd in Rockfield in wales so it should be a lot better quality

Offline C@L

• Kemlynite
  • \m/_
« Reply #345 on: July 17, 2010, 03:41:14 pm »
Any Lamb Of God fans on here... In my opinion, the best metal band still going around.

YES! Seen em in manchester last year, and then at download this year! The download pits to LoG where some of the craziest i think i've ever been in.

Good to see a lot of metal heads on the forums! Any of you lot off to Sonisphere at the end of the month?

Offline NineTails20

• Solomon's "Mrs Robinson".
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: July 17, 2010, 03:55:06 pm »
I'm off to see Fozzy in October; they're playing Dublin's Button Factory. Saw them when they last played Dublin, after the release of the 'All That Remains' album; Chris Jericho, despite what some people think, is actually a pretty good vocalist.
From his stupid, ugly, pug-faced, smarmy, poncing, play-acting, Oh-look-at-me greasy hair to his crybaby, stupid, cheating, dirty antics he can fuck off the horrible little poodle faced gazumpadum.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #347 on: July 19, 2010, 04:07:50 am »
Don't you just love rediscovering old albums? I stumbled across At The Gates' Slaughter of the Soul the other day... man it's good. You can hear where Arch Enemy, The Haunted, In Flames and all the rest started picking it up from. Such a good album.
Brilliant band, all their albums are as good as each other I reckon, although "The red in the sky is ours" was the first one i ever heard so i've got a massive soft spot for that. I really enjoyed the first 3 Haunted albums too if i'm honest.

But on the "rediscovering old albums" subject. I'm say here on my arse at work, scrolling through music to play and decided "fuck it i'm putting this on" It's quite around town, no fucker about so it really doesn't matter (to a certain extent) what I put on.

Odd fellows rest. Man what a storming album. I can't believe it's been well over a year since I listened to it last. The only reason I got into them was waaaaaaay back when I saw Phil Anselmo sporting the odd fellows rest t shirt and had to check them out. Got all their albums now, epic sludge. I've met Kirk and Pat from the band, when i used to do a bit of work here and there for a mag, interviewed them, really, amazingly laid back, nice blokes. Amazing live too!
Gratitude

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: July 19, 2010, 09:54:05 am »
Cool sleeve, that ^

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: July 20, 2010, 11:21:38 am »
The new High On Fire-album is truly fuckin' epic.
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: July 20, 2010, 11:29:56 am »
They're the new Pantera imo.
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: July 20, 2010, 11:31:48 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLFtQ90H6O4

Just loved last year's album of this band. Blackened thrash, you could call it (as one fella on YouTube did).
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #352 on: July 21, 2010, 02:19:34 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLFtQ90H6O4

Just loved last year's album of this band. Blackened thrash, you could call it (as one fella on YouTube did).
Goatwhore are excellent, got a few of their albums at home!  I have to say i did enjoy reading the pathetic "my metal is better than your metal" argument in the comments. It's the same when you look at any article on blabbermouth. I'm actually quite glad these days that I don't hang out with too many other "metallers" because there's so, so many that just don't seem to get that if you like it, then you like it. Doesn't matter what genre it is, if it floats your boat it's all good. Then again, i'll probably have someone drag up some quotes of mine on metallica to show that i'm a total hypocrite ;D which is am. Never mind.
The new High On Fire-album is truly fuckin' epic.
You're spot on with that. How good is Frosthammer....;D

Hmmmmm...don't agree, but i've certainly heard far, far worse than LOG (does anyone else remember the ren and stimpy song? Sorry, a touch random in my thinking there). Actually, I say that but i've only ever heard their first album. Which is their best and i'll see if i can have a listen.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 02:23:44 am by Red_Isle_Chap »
Gratitude

Offline Juan Loco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: July 21, 2010, 02:39:31 am »

Easy now.

They're trying hard to be... but no. Not for me. Maybe I need to give them more of a listen, but they always sound very samey to me. That same Pantera-ripped break down riff repeated ad nauseum.

High on Fire's latest album is absolutely incredibly good though. Pike sounds like Lemmy drinking shots of gasoline and then swallowing a flame-thrower. Fucking sweet.

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: July 21, 2010, 01:33:55 pm »
Anyway fellas, saw Immortal live at Graspop a few weeks ago and they just blew me away ... What a band this is. Have been playing 'Sons of Northern Darkness' every day since.
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #355 on: July 21, 2010, 10:23:16 pm »
Anyway fellas, saw Immortal live at Graspop a few weeks ago and they just blew me away ... What a band this is. Have been playing 'Sons of Northern Darkness' every day since.
And welcome to my world Henry!

Immortal are fucking amazing live, and fucking brilliant on CD as well. if you haven't had a chance to, check out Damned in Black, All Shall Fall and my personal favourite of their more melodic era At the Heart of Winter, which is one of my all time favourite albums! Everything before that stems from their much, much faster day, which are amazing (especially Pure Holocaust, which is a legendary album in black metal....then again so is Battles in the North....;D) but might take some getting into as the production on them can put a lot of people off.

Oooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh We're the Tyrants!!!!

;D
Gratitude

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #356 on: July 23, 2010, 05:20:59 am »
My band's just finished recording the first cd of many.

The drums were done in the studio with clip mics, everything else added using cubase.
It's come out ok though we're getting it mastered in the next few weeks, so the overall level should improve.

We're kinda going for a cult of luna vibe, though this song's a bit happy to be honest  ;)
Let me know what ya think.

http://www.myspace.com/meieruk

Just a bit of background, 3 of us used to be in a band called Incision (10 years ago) recorded level changes blind and toured with brutal deluxe, i was also in Subluminal who Max Cavalera described as, to use his words "fucking heavy"  8)
Hey mate

I've literally only just gotten around to listening to both of the songs on the myspace. I'm liking it, out of the two suicide silence is the better of the two tracks (i think) and it's the vocal performance that sways me. For me there's less of a seperation between the harsher and clean vocals on that track than there is on the unitled one. Plus the harsher ones sound lower in the mic on "suicide", which makes them far more atmospheric. The riffs and song construction a cool though, good to listen to. I'm not a big cult of luna fan (they bored me to death once when i saw them live and i haven't bothered with them since) so i couldn't tell you how it stacks up to me compared, but your stuff has a really good atmosphere to it

:thumbup all in all, good stuff mate.
Gratitude

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #357 on: August 9, 2010, 12:32:39 pm »
« Last Edit: August 9, 2010, 11:05:11 pm by Mr Kipling »

Offline technocow

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #358 on: August 9, 2010, 02:21:42 pm »
Only just saw this thread. I like it  ;D

"El Dorado" the track they've put out is fucking cack. It's not even maiden by the numbers. Bruce sounds utterly uninterested in the vocals until after half way through and the riffing sounds like one of the shit songs from the No Prayer/Fear of the dark albums. Gutted, i hope the rest of the album is better than that.

Have to admit, I thought the same about El Dorado when I first heard it. But listened to it a couple of times and now I really love it. Its probably not up there with the best maiden have done, but its a really good hard rock song.

The Final Frontier video/song was amazing though. People have said its a bit cheesy/ full of errors, but who cares, it madien, they can get away with that!

Can't wait for the album. Arsenal on sunday, then new maiden album on monday. Going to be a good weekend :D

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #359 on: August 9, 2010, 11:52:35 pm »
Only just saw this thread. I like it  ;D

Have to admit, I thought the same about El Dorado when I first heard it. But listened to it a couple of times and now I really love it. Its probably not up there with the best maiden have done, but its a really good hard rock song.

The Final Frontier video/song was amazing though. People have said its a bit cheesy/ full of errors, but who cares, it madien, they can get away with that!

Can't wait for the album. Arsenal on sunday, then new maiden album on monday. Going to be a good weekend :D

;D we'll agree to disagree on El Dorado mate. I've listened to it several times since that post and it's gotten worse each time i've heard it. Remindes me of something like Weekend Warrior off Fear of  the Dark. Considering how fucking excellent they've been over the last few albums, i'm shocked to hear them put something that rubbish to record. The final frontier isn't anywhere near as bad, but it's still miles away in songwriting class from anything off the last album if i'm honest. I've got the album on order as it's maiden and i'm holding out hope that they're just tricking me into thinking it's not going to be any good, but we'll see.

On another note, new Black Label Society album out for those that are into them, called order of the black. Sounds pretty tasty, i've only heard a couple of the tracks though. Nothing all that new though, but still, good to drink and smoke too ;D (indeed i do love the cliché)
Gratitude