Author Topic: The Metal thread. Show your horns!  (Read 182243 times)

Offline NineTails20

• Solomon's "Mrs Robinson".
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The metal thread. Show your horns!
« Reply #240 on: February 21, 2010, 10:05:43 am »
You should give "Death Magnetic" a go, mate! Metallica are sounding like in the good old days on that album!! :D

I wouldn't say they were back to their pre - 'Justice' best, but Death Magnetic is a good album. 'Broken, Beat and Scarred' and 'The Day That Never Comes' are my favourites from it.
From his stupid, ugly, pug-faced, smarmy, poncing, play-acting, Oh-look-at-me greasy hair to his crybaby, stupid, cheating, dirty antics he can fuck off the horrible little poodle faced gazumpadum.

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #241 on: February 21, 2010, 10:34:43 am »
people keep raving about that album. cant be any worse than megadeths new one. endgame. yup it should be. headcrusher is about the only decent song.

I think it's a good album - the first in many years to be honest. I'm not into Megadeth - never really liked DM's voice... :D

I wouldn't say they were back to their pre - 'Justice' best, but Death Magnetic is a good album. 'Broken, Beat and Scarred' and 'The Day That Never Comes' are my favourites from it.

I'm not saying they are, but there's that good old feel of thrash/angry men to it that I think dissappeared from Load and onwards... I also like Suicide and Redemption :D
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 10:37:04 am by Bennekov »

Offline henrydk

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #242 on: February 21, 2010, 10:50:03 am »
I just missed Machine Head and Hatebreed, because i had to go this foreign country to watch Everton get beaten 1-0. If i knew the game would only produce one goal, i probably would have stayed home.

Online Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #243 on: February 21, 2010, 11:40:19 am »
You should give "Death Magnetic" a go, mate! Metallica are sounding like in the good old days on that album!! :D

When I first heard Death Magnetic I thought "fuck me this is pretty decent". When I heard it the 2nd time I thought "this is actually a quality record". Then I slowly but surely came back to reality. I realised it was really only an "ok" album. I think the reason I spunked over it a little prematurely was because my opinion of Metallica had become pretty low after the release of St. Anger, which in all honesty was an absolute fucking train wreck of an album.

I've only ever listened to that album twice. Some might say that thats not enough times to listen to something before passing judgement, but the thing is, after listening to it on both occasions, I felt the need to take 4 paracetemol and lie down in a dark room for 2 hours. Thats why my opinion of Metallica nose dived. When Death Magnetic came out I guess I subconsiously compared it to the horror show that was St. Anger. When held up in that light, Death Magnetic is a masterful creation. But when its held in the same light as all of Metallica's previous records, then its really only "ok".
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline NineTails20

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: February 21, 2010, 11:48:17 am »
My guilty pleasure. Best listened to when drunk. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lsq4000QgUk
From his stupid, ugly, pug-faced, smarmy, poncing, play-acting, Oh-look-at-me greasy hair to his crybaby, stupid, cheating, dirty antics he can fuck off the horrible little poodle faced gazumpadum.

Online Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #245 on: February 21, 2010, 11:53:02 am »
My guilty pleasure. Best listened to when drunk. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lsq4000QgUk

That is horrendously cheesy

Which is why I love it
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline skidz73

• Kind Kenny... what a gent...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't Drink and Post.
« Reply #246 on: February 21, 2010, 12:31:27 pm »
This thread is too darn serious. A bit of relief...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?av=yfB7vF7nCdA
By the way, I should tell you that I haven’t had a chance to shower while making my way up here, my balls are extra vinegary.

Offline NineTails20

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: February 21, 2010, 12:37:26 pm »
That is horrendously cheesy

Which is why I love it

It's almost as cheesy as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdDxz2bkfhE

;D

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: February 21, 2010, 01:45:51 pm »
When I first heard Death Magnetic I thought "fuck me this is pretty decent". When I heard it the 2nd time I thought "this is actually a quality record". Then I slowly but surely came back to reality. I realised it was really only an "ok" album. I think the reason I spunked over it a little prematurely was because my opinion of Metallica had become pretty low after the release of St. Anger, which in all honesty was an absolute fucking train wreck of an album.

I've only ever listened to that album twice. Some might say that thats not enough times to listen to something before passing judgement, but the thing is, after listening to it on both occasions, I felt the need to take 4 paracetemol and lie down in a dark room for 2 hours. Thats why my opinion of Metallica nose dived. When Death Magnetic came out I guess I subconsiously compared it to the horror show that was St. Anger. When held up in that light, Death Magnetic is a masterful creation. But when its held in the same light as all of Metallica's previous records, then its really only "ok".

I'm not suggesting that DM is THE best Metallica album ever - far from! I'm saying that compared to St. Anger (yes, that album is really bad!), Load  and Reload - DM is a quite good album with a feel of the thrashy stuff I like about Metallica.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: February 21, 2010, 02:06:54 pm »
These have to qualify for the cheesy section too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU5Y-URX0V0

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMKPQKU61QI

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFIKPGVTwEY

The worst thing is I liked these songs back then...  :duh

Offline NineTails20

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: February 21, 2010, 02:51:30 pm »
Hey, that last one was the meaning of life.....at least it was for Bill and Ted! ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: February 21, 2010, 03:07:30 pm »
Hey, that last one was the meaning of life.....at least it was for Bill and Ted! ;D

:D :D :D

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #252 on: February 21, 2010, 11:34:32 pm »
I'm not suggesting that DM is THE best Metallica album ever - far from! I'm saying that compared to St. Anger (yes, that album is really bad!), Load  and Reload - DM is a quite good album with a feel of the thrashy stuff I like about Metallica.
I was about to plunge into the metallica debate with my views on DM, but it's been done in this thread before and i don't want to go over old ground. Besides, Juan would join in and then non of us would get a word in edgewise with his views on it ;D

Dear god we've got to the Winger stage have we, famous only for being on Stewarts tshirt in Beavis and Butthead :D

Nothing wrong with old cheesy metal when I'm good and drunk though. I've been found at times, standing on a bar, leading the masses singing "Tommy used to work on the Docks...."

Back to recent times and just to let anyone know that even remotely interested.....

The new Burzum is a monster of an album. I'm honestly taken aback as to how good it is. Varg might be a total twat, but fuck me can he make good black metal that sounds like it should. Already going to up there for album of the year for me, and someone's going to have to produce a masterpiece to beat it. The only band that could (or rather, the only other album i'm waiting for with baited breath) is the new High on Fire album. Death is this communion was a truly brilliant record and in my eyes they've been getting better with each release, so i'm very hopeful for this one.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: February 22, 2010, 12:14:19 am »
I was about to plunge into the metallica debate with my views on DM, but it's been done in this thread before and i don't want to go over old ground. Besides, Juan would join in and then non of us would get a word in edgewise with his views on it ;D

Dear god we've got to the Winger stage have we, famous only for being on Stewarts tshirt in Beavis and Butthead :D

Nothing wrong with old cheesy metal when I'm good and drunk though. I've been found at times, standing on a bar, leading the masses singing "Tommy used to work on the Docks...."

Back to recent times and just to let anyone know that even remotely interested.....

The new Burzum is a monster of an album. I'm honestly taken aback as to how good it is. Varg might be a total twat, but fuck me can he make good black metal that sounds like it should. Already going to up there for album of the year for me, and someone's going to have to produce a masterpiece to beat it. The only band that could (or rather, the only other album i'm waiting for with baited breath) is the new High on Fire album. Death is this communion was a truly brilliant record and in my eyes they've been getting better with each release, so i'm very hopeful for this one.

I think none of us can say that we haven't been leading the singing when Tommy and Gina's story was told...  ;D In fact a trip to Paradise City when I've had a good few beers is brilliant! Gives you that feeling of being 16 and immortal again for the 6 mins or so the song lasts, right? :wellin

I think I better find that Burzum album somewhere and have a listen. Haven't really been listening to black metal before so I'm venturing into new territory here but I'll give it a go... :thumbup

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #254 on: February 22, 2010, 05:13:49 am »
I think none of us can say that we haven't been leading the singing when Tommy and Gina's story was told...  ;D In fact a trip to Paradise City when I've had a good few beers is brilliant! Gives you that feeling of being 16 and immortal again for the 6 mins or so the song lasts, right? :wellin

I think I better find that Burzum album somewhere and have a listen. Haven't really been listening to black metal before so I'm venturing into new territory here but I'll give it a go... :thumbup
Haha yeah true

Be careful when venturing into black metal/extreme metal land. If you've never listened to stuff like it before it can be very difficult to get into. Production values are vastly different (especially this new Burzum, although for Varg, it's quite well produced compared to some of the earlier work). Some people just can't listen to stuff that's produced (what they think is) badly. It's very much in the atmosphere that it creates. Belus, the new Burzum album is literally dripping with a darkness that just makes it (to me) irresistible. This is far closer to some of Quorthorns middle work with Bathory (if anyone knows the band probably blood, fire and death/ Hammerheart era) than what a lot of people think of as black metal these days. A lot of modern black metal is a competition in who can play the best and quickest and be the most "evil" sounding. Belus on the other hand is mid paced, sometimes even slow and has a great deal of riff repetition which is one of varg's and early black metal's traits.  The 3rd track off the album "Glemselens elv"  is easily one of the best that Vikernes has ever written, and the standout track, but that's not to take too much away from the rest of it, it's immense.
;D yeah, i like it, i said I would!
Gratitude

Offline penfold102

• It remains unclear as to whether "102" refers to my IQ or my dad's age - let RAWK decide! :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: February 22, 2010, 04:00:17 pm »
Going to see Mastodon at the Roundhouse in London on Wednesday. Didn't think much of Crack the Skye but Leviathan and Blood Mountain are fantastic albums. They certainly know how to construct some cracking riffs. Any other Mastodon fans here?
Fils et pere - Trade count of 35+

What's tomato with you?

Offline Eluamous

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: February 22, 2010, 04:47:59 pm »
Going to see Mastodon at the Roundhouse in London on Wednesday. Didn't think much of Crack the Skye but Leviathan and Blood Mountain are fantastic albums. They certainly know how to construct some cracking riffs. Any other Mastodon fans here?
Saw them in Manchester the other night and they were pretty bad. If you're not really into Crack the Skye I don't think you're gonna enjoy the setlist :P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: February 22, 2010, 07:51:46 pm »
Haha yeah true

Be careful when venturing into black metal/extreme metal land. If you've never listened to stuff like it before it can be very difficult to get into. Production values are vastly different (especially this new Burzum, although for Varg, it's quite well produced compared to some of the earlier work). Some people just can't listen to stuff that's produced (what they think is) badly. It's very much in the atmosphere that it creates. Belus, the new Burzum album is literally dripping with a darkness that just makes it (to me) irresistible. This is far closer to some of Quorthorns middle work with Bathory (if anyone knows the band probably blood, fire and death/ Hammerheart era) than what a lot of people think of as black metal these days. A lot of modern black metal is a competition in who can play the best and quickest and be the most "evil" sounding. Belus on the other hand is mid paced, sometimes even slow and has a great deal of riff repetition which is one of varg's and early black metal's traits.  The 3rd track off the album "Glemselens elv"  is easily one of the best that Vikernes has ever written, and the standout track, but that's not to take too much away from the rest of it, it's immense.
;D yeah, i like it, i said I would!

I've listened to a few Burzum tracks now on Grooveshark. Musicwise it is really good, but the screaming :shocked singing takes a bit getting use to I think. "Glemselens Elv" is a really good track - I understand why you like it. The title translates into "The river of Oblivion" in English FYI  :wave . How do you like Amon Amath? I've heard some of their music a while ago and that was not too bad I think... ;)

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #258 on: February 22, 2010, 08:51:42 pm »
I really love all their stuff but I personally feel that Remission is still their best by miles and miles. Seen them twice, and they are beltingly good live!

I've listened to a few Burzum tracks now on Grooveshark. Musicwise it is really good, but the screaming :shocked singing takes a bit getting use to I think. "Glemselens Elv" is a really good track - I understand why you like it. The title translates into "The river of Oblivion" in English FYI  :wave . How do you like Amon Amath? I've heard some of their music a while ago and that was not too bad I think... ;)

;D It's an acquired taste are the vocals in extreme metal. If you think those are difficult, try the ones from Aske/Burzum that I started listening to waaaay back when he first started. Sounds like he's being stabbed in every song and I fucking love it ;D Some people don't like it but learn to be able to appreciate it, some can't stand it and don't get it at all and some, like me, adore it so much that I've got very high standards when it comes to extreme vocals. Some are brilliant at it (and to be fair, Varg is, and he's no where near as mental vocally as he used to be) and some aren't. Go have a listen to something like Pandemonic Hyperblast by Anaal Nathrakh for some supreme vocal abilities. Compare that to someone like squeeky little danni filth from cradle of filth and you'll start to see standards appearing once the ear adjusts to it.

I was reading about the inspiration behind Belus, dedicated to the god of light or the white god known (according to wiki) across europe by many other names.

I love Amon Amarth, seen them live as well as having all their albums. Groovey as fuck and great to drink to!

And in tribute to them, my fave song of theirs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH8zRwJPaUE

Gratitude

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: February 22, 2010, 11:30:27 pm »
I really love all their stuff but I personally feel that Remission is still their best by miles and miles. Seen them twice, and they are beltingly good live!

;D It's an acquired taste are the vocals in extreme metal. If you think those are difficult, try the ones from Aske/Burzum that I started listening to waaaay back when he first started. Sounds like he's being stabbed in every song and I fucking love it ;D Some people don't like it but learn to be able to appreciate it, some can't stand it and don't get it at all and some, like me, adore it so much that I've got very high standards when it comes to extreme vocals. Some are brilliant at it (and to be fair, Varg is, and he's no where near as mental vocally as he used to be) and some aren't. Go have a listen to something like Pandemonic Hyperblast by Anaal Nathrakh for some supreme vocal abilities. Compare that to someone like squeeky little danni filth from cradle of filth and you'll start to see standards appearing once the ear adjusts to it.

I was reading about the inspiration behind Belus, dedicated to the god of light or the white god known (according to wiki) across europe by many other names.

I love Amon Amarth, seen them live as well as having all their albums. Groovey as fuck and great to drink to!

And in tribute to them, my fave song of theirs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH8zRwJPaUE

Mastodon and Lamb of God opened for Metallica last summer in CPH when Metallica played 5 sold out concerts - I was not too impressed but I've moved a bit closer to the more extreme side of metal since then, so maybe now...?  :o

I have listened to a few tracks by CoF - he sounds like a twat to be honest... I saw Hammerfall at a Monsters of Rock in DK a few years back where they played as the first band of four. The three otheres were Rammstein, Accept (!) and Slayer. Hammerfall were crap to say the least!

I guess I'll have to learn something new then because I like the music - so time to be openminded and willing for new impressions!  :wave

I'm listening to Amon Amath right now - they're really good! Perhaps a better place to start for me...  8)

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #260 on: February 23, 2010, 12:00:51 am »
Mastodon and Lamb of God opened for Metallica last summer in CPH when Metallica played 5 sold out concerts - I was not too impressed but I've moved a bit closer to the more extreme side of metal since then, so maybe now...?  :o

I have listened to a few tracks by CoF - he sounds like a twat to be honest... I saw Hammerfall at a Monsters of Rock in DK a few years back where they played as the first band of four. The three otheres were Rammstein, Accept (!) and Slayer. Hammerfall were crap to say the least!

I guess I'll have to learn something new then because I like the music - so time to be openminded and willing for new impressions!  :wave

I'm listening to Amon Amath right now - they're really good! Perhaps a better place to start for me...  8)
All depends on what your ear attunes to really, ie what you like. If you prefer the vocals on AA to black metally stuff, then there's other bands that i could direct you towards. Certainly see if you can get hold of Clandestine and Wolverine Blues by Entombed groovey swedish death metal. If you want stuff a bit more technical with still a bit of groove, but a more modern production (although clandestines chainsaw sounding guitars are a beautiful thing to me, even after all these years :D ) you could try Daath, both their albums are very good in my book.

Shit there's tons of death. Hypocrisy, Dismember, Malevolent Creation, Deicide (first 3 albums and stench of redemption only though), Morbid Angel are some off the very top of my head that i would recommend, all of them can be heavy as fuck, but all can groove and thrash with the best of them at times.

Like i always say it's personal choice, you've just got to keep trying and find the stuff you like. Thank fuck you've got the net though, back in the late 80's and early 90's a lot of it was pick one and hope!

Dani filth is a twat, that being said, their first album is still excellent (and by far their best) as he's not being a squeaky gimp. Hammerfall are crapola! I agree! (but there's a fucking ton of people who would disagree with us ;D)

Oh, one album i definitely recommend to anyone looking for a way into extreme metal is Heartwork by Carcass. I personally don't think it's their best, but it's accessable, groovey, still got a bit of fair bit of grind and excellent vocals from Jeff Walker, as well as some great solo's from Bill Steer and Michael Amott.

Speaking of Amott, you might like Arch Enemy, who are fucking awsome live to be honest and Angela Gossow has a killer voice. They can go a bit solo heavy at times, but it's fast, it's heavy and in places very groovy.
Gratitude

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: February 23, 2010, 09:09:44 am »
All depends on what your ear attunes to really, ie what you like. If you prefer the vocals on AA to black metally stuff, then there's other bands that i could direct you towards. Certainly see if you can get hold of Clandestine and Wolverine Blues by Entombed groovey swedish death metal. If you want stuff a bit more technical with still a bit of groove, but a more modern production (although clandestines chainsaw sounding guitars are a beautiful thing to me, even after all these years :D ) you could try Daath, both their albums are very good in my book.

Shit there's tons of death. Hypocrisy, Dismember, Malevolent Creation, Deicide (first 3 albums and stench of redemption only though), Morbid Angel are some off the very top of my head that i would recommend, all of them can be heavy as fuck, but all can groove and thrash with the best of them at times.

Like i always say it's personal choice, you've just got to keep trying and find the stuff you like. Thank fuck you've got the net though, back in the late 80's and early 90's a lot of it was pick one and hope!

Dani filth is a twat, that being said, their first album is still excellent (and by far their best) as he's not being a squeaky gimp. Hammerfall are crapola! I agree! (but there's a fucking ton of people who would disagree with us ;D)

Oh, one album i definitely recommend to anyone looking for a way into extreme metal is Heartwork by Carcass. I personally don't think it's their best, but it's accessable, groovey, still got a bit of fair bit of grind and excellent vocals from Jeff Walker, as well as some great solo's from Bill Steer and Michael Amott.

Speaking of Amott, you might like Arch Enemy, who are fucking awsome live to be honest and Angela Gossow has a killer voice. They can go a bit solo heavy at times, but it's fast, it's heavy and in places very groovy.

Fuckinell! :o

That's a serious case of name dropping right there mate!!!  ;D

I'll start from one end :fart and post when I've had a chance to listen to the lot of'em... ;D

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: February 23, 2010, 10:24:10 am »
New High On Fire-song. Truly epic stuff. Listen here.
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #263 on: February 23, 2010, 10:46:32 am »
Some glorious bastard finally put it (and the rest of the album) up on Youtube. God bless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHs-Noz1vRc

I fucking love that solo and even more the tone. That is how a guitar should sound.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #264 on: February 23, 2010, 08:55:05 pm »
I need that new HOF album, i really do.

I'll check out the White skull later Juan, although I'm sure you posted some earlier in the thread that i listened to. I just cannae remember
Gratitude

Offline penfold102

• It remains unclear as to whether "102" refers to my IQ or my dad's age - let RAWK decide! :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: February 24, 2010, 02:44:01 pm »
Anyone here a fan of Polish group Indukti - brutal riffs combined with quite beautiful strings:

http://www.last.fm/music/Indukti/_/Freder

The SUSAR EP is great - can't wait for their full-length. I guess it's kind of a mix of ISIS and King Crimson (probably why they appeal to me so much).
Fils et pere - Trade count of 35+

What's tomato with you?

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #266 on: February 28, 2010, 09:28:34 pm »
Man o man

The new High On Fire is truly fucking awsome. I can't believe how good these guys are. I've been into them since I first heard surrounded by thieves and each record has gotten better and better. This one is utterly crushing. It's stonery, it's doomy, it's thrashy, it's heavy, it's brilliant! I'm going to be torn between this and the new burzum for album of the year, i can't see me listening to much else and i've still got tons to actually listen to. There's the new Ihsahn album, which i've only heard once and is brilliant, the new Sigh, which i've only heard once, which is brilliant and i've yet to hear the new Borknagar! Lots of good music this year, I feel sorry for anyone putting anything out after this lot, although i'm sure someone will come along and surprise me, there's always one or two surprises a year

;D Long live true metal!
Gratitude

Offline henrydk

• Main Stander
« Reply #267 on: March 10, 2010, 08:54:23 pm »
www.copenhell.com

Behemoth
Deftones
Devildriver
Hatebreed
Mastodon
Megadeth
Mnenic
Napalm Death
Psyke Project
Suicidal Tendencies
Supercharger

This is gonna be 2 awesome days! 11-12 June. 70£! Not bad.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: March 10, 2010, 10:16:33 pm »
http://www.copenhagenlive.dk/copenhagenlive.php

Confirmed so far:

Rammstein
Volbeat
Skunk Anansie

More to be announced at this 1 day event on June 2. @ 10-Øren in Copenhagen.

Seems Copenhagen rocks this summer...  :wellin :hally

Offline red_to_the_toe

• Kopite
  • I can't get no
« Reply #269 on: March 12, 2010, 10:50:30 pm »
Some cheese: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOtlTrh809g

Is anyone a member at the site Edge of the World ?

All non-ravens are non-black.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: March 13, 2010, 03:09:43 pm »
Some cheese: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOtlTrh809g

Is anyone a member at the site Edge of the World ?

What the F@ck is wrong with the singer's hair??  :o :shocked Gives new meaning to the expression "Hair Metal" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_metal

Edge of the world - No... What is it? (Answering could be off topic...)

Offline red_to_the_toe

• Kopite
  • I can't get no
« Reply #271 on: March 13, 2010, 06:26:23 pm »
^  They're like caricatures of Motley Crue  ;D   Transcendence is a great album though if you don't have it.

Edge of the World is www.edgeoftheworld.net or just EOTW for short. Remember Kerrazy Torrents ?

Any Clutch of Queens of the Stone Age fans should watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrUX14BxiWA

I like jamming to that one.
All non-ravens are non-black.

Offline pepe_carra_stevie_nando

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: March 23, 2010, 10:52:05 am »
Just been getting into Rammstein and wondering where they have been all my life. Loving Du Hast, Sonne, Engel, Ich Will and Feuer Frei.
Thing is, if you're going to have a massive beard then you simply MUST have a 'tache with it. Otherwise you just look like you've dipped your sticky chin in to a box of fannies.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: March 23, 2010, 10:11:45 pm »
Just been getting into Rammstein and wondering where they have been all my life. Loving Du Hast, Sonne, Engel, Ich Will and Feuer Frei.

Wait till you get Mutter and Zwitter under your skin too... :D Brill stuff that! ...and Links 2 3 4...

Offline pepe_carra_stevie_nando

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: March 24, 2010, 01:30:58 am »
Wait till you get Mutter and Zwitter under your skin too... :D Brill stuff that! ...and Links 2 3 4...

Cheers mate I will definately check them out.
Thing is, if you're going to have a massive beard then you simply MUST have a 'tache with it. Otherwise you just look like you've dipped your sticky chin in to a box of fannies.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: March 25, 2010, 10:59:59 am »
Cheers mate I will definately check them out.

In fact the entire Mutter album is just SO cool! Viel Spass und herzlich Willkommen im Rammstein Welt...  :wave

Offline Chaztastic

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: March 25, 2010, 02:26:51 pm »
Have Rock Sugar merited a mention in this thread yet?

They're not straight-ahead metal, but perform metal/rock/pop mash-ups to amazingly good effect. Have a look on youtube for e.g.

Don't Stop The Sandman - Metallica + Journey (!)
We Will Kickstart Your Rhapsody - Queen/Motley Crue
Shook Me Like A Prayer - AC/DC + Madonna

etc etc. Don't think the album's available from the usual outlets yet, but worth keeping an eye out if you like this sort of thang...

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: March 25, 2010, 09:04:01 pm »
Have Rock Sugar merited a mention in this thread yet?

They're not straight-ahead metal, but perform metal/rock/pop mash-ups to amazingly good effect. Have a look on youtube for e.g.

Don't Stop The Sandman - Metallica + Journey (!)
We Will Kickstart Your Rhapsody - Queen/Motley Crue
Shook Me Like A Prayer - AC/DC + Madonna

etc etc. Don't think the album's available from the usual outlets yet, but worth keeping an eye out if you like this sort of thang...

That should be worth listening to... If not then just for the curiosity, eh?? :D

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #278 on: April 9, 2010, 07:52:37 pm »
Just listening to the latest, and last, Scorpions album Sing in the Tail.

Classic Scorpions. Classic sound. A classic.
Love Ren & Stimpy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: April 9, 2010, 09:41:35 pm »
Not sure if he qualifies as metal, but has any of you bought / listened to Slash's new album?

Is it any good?