Author Topic: The hamann effect  (Read 816 times)

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
The hamann effect
« on: April 10, 2002, 12:24:30 am »
He goes off, we conceed. Its happened earlier in the season too when he was suspended/injured.....

We need cover for Didi cos hes class and is so influential in our midfield while SG gets the praise DH does the work.

Offline Paul

• Pensioner Abuser
  • Legacy Fan
Re:The hamann effect
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2002, 12:33:42 am »
I dont really think Hamann on the pitch would have won us the game - we were getting a bit overrun in the middle even when he was on the pitch.

We got done from a cross and trying to play offside for the 2nd and 4th goals and I dont think Didi would have made a difference there. Having said that, I wouldnt have taken him off if I had to make the decision! Maybe he does have some sort of mental influence on everyone else in the team which sent the concentration out the window!

At the end of the day we got punished because we defended their goals badly and didnt take our own chances - something im sure GH will tell the boys tomorrow.

And as for cover for him - Biscan was supposed to provide that. If we are not going to play him, get rid of him and bring in someone who will play (im sure ive said that a few times before :) )
« Last Edit: April 10, 2002, 12:34:59 am by davrouk »

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2002, 01:17:02 am »
Agree with you Davrouk we were getting overrun even before Didi went off.

One thing that was apparent tonight was how much we miss Heskey when he's injured, not just up front but for his defensive workrate as well.

I don't really know why we kept hitting long balls hoping that Jari or Mikey were going to win something in the air

Offline KFC

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again.
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2002, 03:21:36 am »
I think it is because we were under a lot of pressure.  To be honest I think Gerrard should learn from this game since I think he is lacking that little bit of composure and always trying to rush things by playing some long-range passes (I that aspect I think Murphy did better) -- I mean when you are 3-2 down with 10 minutes to go you just wants to keep the ball better.

However I think he will learn -- he is just 21....

I think GH was right to point out that Didi was not his usual self last night but if you are to replace him why Smicer?  That just leaves Murphy and Gerrard in the midfield and that is just not enough steel in it.  I would have preferred to replace him by either Biscan / McAllister but what do I know?  :P

Anyway in GH we trust -- we will be back next year.
We won it 6 times

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2002, 09:24:31 am »
In my opinion I think he should have put Biscan on at 1-1 for Abel.  Apart from the goal he was poor.  Ze Roberto had him chasing shadows all night.  With Abel off Carra would have gone RB Riise LB then in midfield Didi and Biscan in the center to get a grip of the game.  Stevie on the right to give extra protection from ze roberto and Murphy on the left to give some extra defensive cover to Riise.

But then hindsight is a wonderful thing.  But Bayer were the better side and deserved their win.
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline Jason_King

• Legacy Fan
  • Inspector of Wizard's sleeves and yawning donkeys
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2002, 12:39:55 pm »
Your right Tim, makes more sense to me, but what do we know?  ??? ???
A champion is someone who gets up when he can't