Author Topic: Bitter German Wanker  (Read 1811 times)

Offline daddymac

• THE IGOR BISCAN FANCLUB
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Bitter German Wanker
« on: April 4, 2002, 04:56:23 pm »
Read these words from the latest miffed bitter c*nt:

Beckenbauer the latest to slam Liverpool tactics

Thursday 4th April 2002

Bayern Munich president Franz Beckenbauer has accused Liverpool of playing negatively in their Champions' League quarter-final win over Bayer Leverkusen at Anfield.

Sami Hyypia scored the only goal of the game, netting when a corner was only cleared as far as Michael Owen, who sent a vicious low cross back across goal for the Liverpool skipper to fire home from close range.

But Beckenbauer, whose side beat Real Madrid 2-1 in their quarter-final first leg on Tuesday, was hugely unimpressed by Liverpool's performance and predicted a though battle for the Merseysiders in the second leg.

"If I was Gerard Houllier, I'd have a major headache before the second leg," he said.

"It was an unnecessary defeat for Leverkusen, as they had the far greater share of possession. They played too nicely, especially on the left where they showed some fine combinations, but it didn't work out for them as they did not go for the finish. None of them had the courage to test the goalkeeper with shots from outside the box.

"You could hardly tell which side was at home and I started to asked myself if there has been another Liverpool out there than the team which beat us [Bayern Munich] 3-2 in the European SuperCup final last year."

The former Germany and Bayern coach went on to question the wisdom of playing Emile Heskey on the right wing where the England forward was given little support by his team-mates and only seldom provided ammunition for Owen.

"I was surprised to see a big lad such as Heskey being forced to play that far out. I thought he'd have been far more useful as a centre-forward," Beckenbauer added.

"But 1-0 is a dangerous result for Leverkusen as they probably can't allow themselves to concede a goal at home. They will have to be patient and wait for the chance to come, but if they repeat the second half performance they showed at Anfield, they will have a pretty good chance."

Beckenbauer is the latest in a line of top European names to attack Liverpool's tactics. Earlier this season, Barcelona pair Frank de Boer and Patrick Kluivert criticised Liverpool's style of play - and they were backed up by coach Charly Rexach.

:no: :upyours: :no:don't know what they'll do when we win the Euro-Premier double... :upyours: :no: :upyours:
« Last Edit: January 1, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1017961200 »
Babel's clincher was the absolute jizz on the tits.

Offline Shaky Jake

• Kopite
  • from corners he will score some...
Re: Bitter German Wanker
« Reply #1 on: April 4, 2002, 05:01:57 pm »
It's not exactly an "attack" though is it? At least not the stuff that actually came out of his mouth.

We didn't play brilliantly in attack and the second leg will be tough in Germany.
Give it to John

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #2 on: April 4, 2002, 05:21:40 pm »
what exactly is his point
the fact that he claims bayer should/could have won is not only untrue but academic after the event.
wasn't a classic but liverpool won and bayer have no away goal.
what's your problem franz?????

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #3 on: April 4, 2002, 06:34:56 pm »
Munich and Franz are still smarting from the Super Cup defeat, and also because Bayer are top of the German League. Slagging us off because we beat Bayer last night allows him to have a dig at both teams in one go. Ignore it.

Michael

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #4 on: April 4, 2002, 08:00:46 pm »
Aye its just coz his beloved German Man Utd are behind Leverkusen in the league!
If they cant beat them, noone should!!

:wanker:

Offline Steve C

• Gone... but not forgotten - I hope some day you will join us
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 4, 2002, 08:06:51 pm »
Its not really got anything to do with him, but what he says is, essentially, correct. The game was about 50-50, if you didnt know, you could easily assume BL were at home.

Think nerves and concern of conceeding an own goal got to the players and the fans last night.

1-1 or 0-0 over there.

That 1st PST in the early minutes of the 1st half was VERY LOUD, a fantastic rendition.

Offline RP4Ireland

• Main Stander
  • Give Richie a chance
« Reply #6 on: April 4, 2002, 08:14:39 pm »
Does anyone really give a shit what he thinks, cos I know I don't.

As for us not attacking too much, this was a feature last year in the Uefa cup as well. Ged's policy is not to give away a goal at home even if it means a 0-0 draw. We always fancy our chance of nicking something away from home, particularly if the opposition are chasing the game.
In Ged I trust, not Franz fu*@ing Beckenbauer
Sign Duff, Sign Duff, Sign Duff, Sign Duff, Sign Duff, Sign Duff, Sign Duff, Sign Duff, Sign Duff, Sign Duff, Sign Duff, Sign Duff, Sign Duff, Sign Duff, Sign Duff, Sign Duff, Sign Duff, Sign Duff, Sign Duff, Sign Duff, Sign Duff, Sign Duff, Sign Duff, Sign Duff, Sign Duff, Sign Duff, Sign Duff!!!!!

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #7 on: April 4, 2002, 08:22:00 pm »
He gave his opinion last night on a German TV station, so he was hardly in a position to slag Leverkusen off, even though he hates them. " Bitter " ?, maybe. Beckenbauer is having a tough time of it at his own club, they've moved him upstairs, sideways or just moved him and now he no longer has any say in the daily running of his beloved Bayern. Add to this, if bayern don't do someting in the CL they'll win sweet FA this season, not bad for a club who said they are the best club side in the world, and pouted that they would sweep the board, winning all domestic  and international competions  :upyours:

Does that remind you of anyone ?

Pay no attention to the prat, no-one else does

Offline robert

• Anny Roader
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Re:Bitter German Wanker
« Reply #8 on: April 5, 2002, 11:25:01 pm »
I THINK BECKENBAUER IS STILL SMARTING FROM THE DEMOLITION OF GERMANY BY OWEN- HESKEY-& GERRARD

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #9 on: April 6, 2002, 04:53:12 am »
From someone who didn't get to see and hasn't seen any of the match, let me add my tuppence worth. ( Did listen on the webcast though)..

Does Franz really think our team played at full strength? Owen and Gerrard were coming back from injury and seemed to play at 3/4 pace. So Bayer didn't exactly get the best from either of them. So any critism should be tempered with a dose of realism of the moment as to the impact that the injuries in that specific match.

Hopefully Bayer will see the real Owen and Gerrard on Tuesday. Then we'll see what Der Kaiser has to say. :)

Join our boycott btw..read the forum topic as to why..ta..
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 6, 2002, 03:09:21 pm »
People assosiated with Bayern Munchen should not talk about negative football, the fuckers invented it !

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #11 on: April 6, 2002, 10:25:45 pm »
Yeah like Chris Bascombe said in todays pink, is this the same Franz Beckenbaur of the Bayern Munich team which one last years Champions League playing boring, negative (read as counter attacking) football!!??

Offline KFC

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again.
« Reply #12 on: April 8, 2002, 10:02:56 am »
You should say they are the German's Liverpool or we should be England's Bayern Munich with the exception that we have more class ;D
We won it 6 times

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #13 on: April 8, 2002, 10:34:16 am »

You should say they are the German's Liverpool or we should be England's Bayern Munich with the exception that we have more class ;D

Theyre the German Man Utd as in the media bum them off whilst fans of most other clubs absolutely hate them!!

Offline John Barnes, Anchorman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 8, 2002, 10:41:24 am »
If the (once?) great Franz Beckenbauer is smarting from anything I should think it's not the World Cup qualifier or the super cup, but one legendary time when a great Bayern side drew the first leg at Anfield and he talked of how the Germans would destroy Liverpool in the second leg, but was silenced by a marvellous away goal by Ray Kennedy.  Made him look very silly.