Author Topic: Twenty's plenty and the £30 cap  (Read 8585 times)

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Twenty's plenty and the £30 cap
« on: October 19, 2018, 10:48:18 am »
Hi all.

Really just a stream of consciousness post as I was thinking about this earlier.

Next season the £30 away cap agreement is due to expire. It's all gone very quiet on this front which is actually quite worrying.

Was thinking about how we get a shock paying €70 in the CL - actually if clubs in the league are allowed to price as they please again we'll be getting a good wedge of domestic aways around that mark.

I'll assume (hope) that discussions are ongoing in renewing the cap but I'm guessing there's a bunch of greedy bastards itching to wave goodbye to this.

Anyone heard anything? Perhaps a question for SOS.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Twenty's plenty and the £30 cap
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 10:58:11 am »

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 11:14:13 am »
Missed that thanks. Fingers crossed.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 11:25:53 am »
Hi all.

Really just a stream of consciousness post as I was thinking about this earlier.

Next season the £30 away cap agreement is due to expire. It's all gone very quiet on this front which is actually quite worrying.

Was thinking about how we get a shock paying €70 in the CL - actually if clubs in the league are allowed to price as they please again we'll be getting a good wedge of domestic aways around that mark.

I'll assume (hope) that discussions are ongoing in renewing the cap but I'm guessing there's a bunch of greedy bastards itching to wave goodbye to this.

Anyone heard anything? Perhaps a question for SOS.

Before the cap came in Arsenal and Chelsea were already charging £65 for away tickets which is about the same as €70. Dread to think what they'd be charging us next season if the cap isn't renewed.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 11:49:07 am »
Hadn't even realised it had to be renewed, fingers crossed it's sorted out. Must have saved me hundreds in the last few years on this.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 04:11:33 pm »
Hadn't even realised it had to be renewed, fingers crossed it's sorted out. Must have saved me hundreds in the last few years on this.
It was initially a 3 season deal.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 04:46:38 pm »
Fingers crossed it gets renewed.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2018, 01:46:27 pm »
At least FSF are involved...  :-\
We are a team of one half.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 6, 2018, 10:23:58 am »
At least FSF are involved...  :-\

What do you mean?

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #9 on: November 6, 2018, 02:17:49 pm »
What do you mean?

See Reply 1 further up

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: November 8, 2018, 05:47:19 pm »
See Reply 1 further up
Sorry took the smilie thing as though you didn’t like the FSF

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #11 on: November 8, 2018, 06:16:22 pm »
I'm glad they are. Someone has to stick up for fans,  like SOS do here :) (happy face)

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12 on: December 3, 2018, 10:54:31 am »
Didn't know Arsenal did this:

Discounted Premier League away tickets
We are delighted to remind our loyal travelling supporters you will be paying only £26 for each Premier League match this coming season.
We are a providing a further £4 discount on all away match tickets, in addition to the £30 cap on away tickets voted for by all Premier League clubs.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: December 3, 2018, 11:04:25 am »

We are delighted to remind our loyal travelling supporters you will be paying only £26 for each Premier League match this coming season.
We are a providing a further £4 discount on all away match tickets, in addition to the £30 cap on away tickets voted for by all Premier League clubs.

'But we'll recoup our losses by charging £90+ for home games'

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: December 3, 2018, 11:47:02 am »

Yes they continued putting their 200k budget aside when the cap was agreed. Interested to see what the next developments are on the £30 front with the PL.

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: February 6, 2019, 03:31:51 pm »
Confirmed £30 cap Extended for another 3 years

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #16 on: February 6, 2019, 03:32:44 pm »

Good news, makes a hell of a difference over the season, that does.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: February 6, 2019, 03:38:16 pm »
Good news, makes a hell of a difference over the season, that does.

FSF to their credit are pushing for further fan incentives for Televised games

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #18 on: February 6, 2019, 03:43:17 pm »

Where you seen this? Can only see a Times article saying they'll debate it and could oppose it?

Suggests the meeting takes place tomorrow

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/premier-league-clubs-to-discuss-scrapping-30-away-ticket-cap-dbh7bf79g?shareToken=d18a8178d6c973ad48e64106710fbfa0&fbclid=IwAR1XKlbPKadjiJK9aUyeOjbGlf26tfbj83ao5_A1p6tHyZ5ldtfxM7A7kIU
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: February 6, 2019, 04:21:57 pm »

Offline Farman

• Heading off for a fruit based orgy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: February 6, 2019, 04:32:40 pm »
Any raise or scrapping would immediately get reflected in the light of the £5m goodbye pay-off to Scudamore. Can you imagine the optics? 'Sorry away supporters, we know you are our lifeblood and that many of you struggle to make ends meet, but hey someone's got to pay the £5m to our former multi-millionaire Chief Executive that we all happily agreed to...'

Not sure how much they're worried about optics though!
The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #21 on: February 6, 2019, 05:01:57 pm »
Before the cap came in Arsenal and Chelsea were already charging £65 for away tickets which is about the same as €70. Dread to think what they'd be charging us next season if the cap isn't renewed.

Seem to remember QPR charging around £70, Everton binned half of the allocation they were entitled to off, as tickets were sale & no return, QPR ownership changed during the season, so the prices came down a bit by the time we played them at there place.
#Sausages

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: February 7, 2019, 01:44:01 pm »
Just seen a tweet from the Premier League saying the £30 cap will remain in place for another 3 years, unanimously agreed apparently.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: February 7, 2019, 01:58:38 pm »
Just seen a tweet from the Premier League saying the £30 cap will remain in place for another 3 years, unanimously agreed apparently.

Great news. Fair play to them

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #24 on: February 7, 2019, 02:13:35 pm »
https://www.premierleague.com/news/1049265?sf207378751=1
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2019, 11:46:12 am »
Great news.

The clubs sweet silence on next years ticket prices is a bit worrying. Just a freeze would actually be shite, considering the latest fanfare around profits at the moment. You'd like to think they'd lower or extend young adult ages/lower kids, but obviously this is LFC we are talking about so I'll dream on

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2019, 10:02:49 pm »

'Liverpool fans applaud as Bayern supporters unfurl banners about ticket prices #LFC #Bayern' - https://twitter.com/jamespearceecho/status/1097967532483534849?s=21

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2019, 10:51:21 pm »
Good on them. :thumbup Impressed by that

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2019, 11:01:55 pm »
'Liverpool fans applaud as Bayern supporters unfurl banners about ticket prices #LFC #Bayern' - https://twitter.com/jamespearceecho/status/1097967532483534849?s=21

Yeah that was good, the applause went on for a while too

I know it’s not the point but it makes me laugh when an away fan moans about paying £48 on a ticket but won’t hesitate when paying hundreds for a flight, food, accommodation, booze etc. If you can afford to go the European alwas then you can afford £48 for a ticket..just saying  ;D
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 11:04:06 pm by ScubaSteve »

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2019, 08:47:32 am »

I know it’s not the point but it makes me laugh when an away fan moans about paying £48 on a ticket but won’t hesitate when paying hundreds for a flight, food, accommodation, booze etc. If you can afford to go the European alwas then you can afford £48 for a ticket..just saying  ;D

It's not about whether they can afford it or not. Clubs should realize the effort and expense that it takes commited fans to travel and take that into considerations in pricing. For clubs in champions league its not really the income from away ticket sales that are affecting your finances that much!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2019, 10:07:12 am »

I know what you mean but you've missed the point massively

You expect to pay hundreds for everything you listed there...

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2019, 12:55:36 pm »
Was that the applause in the 56th minute? Remember that happening but had no clue what it was for.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2019, 01:43:14 pm »
Was that the applause in the 56th minute? Remember that happening but had no clue what it was for.
Yes. The bloke by me asked "Who came on then?" :D

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2019, 01:49:52 pm »
Yes. The bloke by me asked "Who came on then?" :D

to be honest I looked at the subs bench and couldn't work out why people where clapping as no one was coming on...

About 30s of looking around before I saw the banner... :lmao

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2019, 02:15:42 pm »

Wow you're right that absolutely not the point and it's a lazy attitude to have  -

Cumulative inflation 1990-2011 (when we were lobbying the premier league about prices) - 77%
Inflation of a ticket to watch Liverpool - 1000%

It’s not about who can afford to do it and even IF we could all afford rising prices year on year, why should we? It’s exploitation.

The £30 cap has kept a lot of our core away support at the game because the way it was going London aways would have been £70+ each by now. That cap has saved regulars thousands, literally. We would have lost even more of the game without it.

So, we aren’t stupid, they have us by the balls in so many ways, but we stick together and make a stand and people listen. See Hull away, the 77 minute walk out.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 02:18:16 pm by CONFIAMOS »

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2019, 04:07:11 pm »
Wow you're right that absolutely not the point and it's a lazy attitude to have  -

Cumulative inflation 1990-2011 (when we were lobbying the premier league about prices) - 77%

It’s not about who can afford to do it and even IF we could all afford rising prices year on year, why should we? It’s exploitation.

The £30 cap has kept a lot of our core away support at the game because the way it was going London aways would have been £70+ each by now. That cap has saved regulars thousands, literally. We would have lost even more of the game without it.

So, we aren’t stupid, they have us by the balls in so many ways, but we stick together and make a stand and people listen. See Hull away, the 77 minute walk out.
Absolutely spot on.

Shocking attitude to say that people shouldn't moan when paying £48 for a ticket  :butt

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2019, 04:16:02 pm »
I wish I hadn’t said anything  :-X

I understood the point they were trying to make it and it is worth standing up to, it just makes me laugh, I meant no harm!

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2019, 04:52:42 pm »
I assume it simply doesn't affect you then.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2019, 05:16:16 pm »

Pedantry, but the 77 minute walk out was Sunderland at home wasn't it? Hull away was but it a kids ticket and not attending.

I may be wrong  :D

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2019, 05:16:59 pm »
I wish I hadn’t said anything  :-X

I understood the point they were trying to make it and it is worth standing up to, it just makes me laugh, I meant no harm!

If it makes you laugh, then I don't think you do understand the point being made.