Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3459209 times)

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No street parties here, though I don't think I've ever seen a party for VE day even without a lockdown.... not something we really do up here.

Saw a video of a street party doing a soical distancing conga line.... that's just weird, and they were all holding on to the same covid infested rope.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Really do find it strange that people would even have a socially distanced street party in the middle of a pandemic.

As far as priorities go, it would be wayyyyy down the list of things I’d take a risk for.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Really do find it strange that people would even have a socially distanced street party in the middle of a pandemic.

As far as priorities go, it would be wayyyyy down the list of things I’d take a risk for.

My sister had one. Someone placed a speaker in the middle of the road for music and everyone stayed in their own front gardens throughout. I don't see anything wrong with that at all. Why is it strange for people to enjoy safely enjoy themselves and interact with their neighbours?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
My sister had one. Someone placed a speaker in the middle of the road for music and everyone stayed in their own front gardens throughout. I don't see anything wrong with that at all. Why is it strange for people to enjoy safely enjoy themselves and interact with their neighbours?

Staying in your own garden makes sense, but then I’m not really classing that as a street party like we’re seeing pics of.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Staying in your own garden makes sense, but then I’m not really classing that as a street party like we’re seeing pics of.

More a garden party, if anything.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Then you're conflating a few idiots with the general populace then aren't you? Wasn't there something earlier in the week giving stats showing about 80% of people were adhering to social distancing rules? Yet this thread is full of people complaining because "everyone is doing it". For every Cosham street party, ironically their local hospital is in the place they live, there'll be hundreds more who are enjoying themselves whilst adhering to the rules.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Then you're conflating a few idiots with the general populace then aren't you? Wasn't there something earlier in the week giving stats showing about 80% of people were adhering to social distancing rules? Yet this thread is full of people complaining because "everyone is doing it". For every Cosham street party, ironically their local hospital is in the place they live, there'll be hundreds more who are enjoying themselves whilst adhering to the rules.

No, I’m saying I don’t get street parties in a pandemic, even socially distanced. People in their own gardens isn’t what I’m on about.

Not conflating a few idiots with the general populace at all, I’d come to that opinion regardless of seeing pictures of idiots flouting rules or up standing citizens sat perfectly 2m away from their neighbour.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Ah ok. I misunderstood, I forgot that people weren't allowed to enjoy themselves on a beautiful sunny day.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!

So you're basing your opinions on a few knobheads that weren't social distancing in the slightest and assuming that everyone else that had a few beers and a bit of music was doing the same thing.

Got you.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Ah ok. I misunderstood, I forgot that people weren't allowed to enjoy themselves on a beautiful sunny day.

Of course they are, I wasn’t even saying people can’t or shouldn’t, I said I don’t get it is all.

I, me, myself, don’t get it. Not something I’d do. I’m not sure if I’ve made it clear yet but I was talking about me personally.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
So you're basing your opinions on a few knobheads that weren't social distancing in the slightest and assuming that everyone else that had a few beers and a bit of music was doing the same thing.

Got you.

No, I’m saying I don’t get why people would. Don’t care if you, or anyone else, did or didn’t. Was giving my own opinion on how I felt about the idea of me attending a street party currently.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
So many idiots posting pictures with the "Stay at Home" badge or hashtag and then a few hours later they're out and about doing everything. It's stupidity that'll kill us.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
No, I’m saying I don’t get street parties in a pandemic, even socially distanced. People in their own gardens isn’t what I’m on about.

Not conflating a few idiots with the general populace at all, I’d come to that opinion regardless of seeing pictures of idiots flouting rules or up standing citizens sat perfectly 2m away from their neighbour.

Yeh, 629 people died yesterday, not the right time to party.

But then I don't get why people are partying over a war that happened 75 years ago in which most weren't involved and millions died. And my grandad was a tosser so no stories of sinking 12 fritz ships with a bow and arrow.
The irony of asking the government all week "why cant we be like germany" and then celebrating VE day hasn't been lost on me either.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2020, 11:57:08 am by The North Bank »

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

But then I don't get why people are partying over a war that happened 75 years ago in which most weren't involved and millions died. And my grandad was a tosser so no stories of sinking 12 fritz ships with a bow and arrow.

The deaths figure does not conflate with whether people should be enjoying themselves or not. Should we all be miserable until there are no deaths?

And yeah how dare people celebrate about freeing a whole continent from the grips or fascism and Nazism. Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!

The irony of asking the government all week "why cant we be like germany" and then celebrating VE day hasn't been lost on me either.

Liverpool had quite a few people in the armed forces during WW II - my family had a long line of military.

Maybe different where you live, with all the toffs around there sitting on their arses drinking Pimms while sending others off to fight?

;)

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan

Liverpool had quite a few people in the armed forces during WW II - my family had a long line of military.

Maybe different where you live, with all the toffs around there sitting on their arses drinking Pimms while sending others off to fight?

;)

The question is not whether you are proud of your grandparents. Its would they be proud of you.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
The deaths figure does not conflate with whether people should be enjoying themselves or not. Should we all be miserable until there are no deaths?

And yeah how dare people celebrate about freeing a whole continent from the grips or fascism and Nazism. Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it.

Time to move as far as im concerned, big present challenges to deal with.

We stick our old people into care homes to die then celebrate the war they fought and demand respect. Hilarity.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan

Do you think having street parties is going to help stop the spread of corona or not?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
The thing this thread has made clear is that people honestly aren't getting it about COVID-19.

There seems to be this idea that this might be over in a few weeks or months or years.

I'd estimate that this will be affecting us in medically for up to 5 years. The effects overall are likely to last for more than a decade.

As WelshRed said - do we completely change everything for the next decade - so no one can have any fun, can't go out, can't go to the pictures, can't do anything?

At some stage the world will need to look at getting things closer to normality (Though hopefully with several positive changes for the better!) because being where we are now isn't sustainable for many reasons.

We know right now that we are going to have one or more waves of this and steps need to be taken. Washing hands, social distancing, deep cleaning and being mindful of the risk are the best weapons we have.

I actually think the British public have been surprisingly good through all this - two months of, overall, very good obediance to the idea of what's been done through probably the best weather we've had for 20 years has been admirable.

If you'd told me five years ago they'd have accepted it and done so well at it, I'd have laughed in your face...

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
The thing this thread has made clear is that people honestly aren't getting it about COVID-19.

There seems to be this idea that this might be over in a few weeks or months or years.

I'd estimate that this will be affecting us in medically for up to 5 years. The effects overall are likely to last for more than a decade.

As WelshRed said - do we completely change everything for the next decade - so no one can have any fun, can't go out, can't go to the pictures, can't do anything?

At some stage the world will need to look at getting things closer to normality (Though hopefully with several positive changes for the better!) because being where we are now isn't sustainable for many reasons.

We know right now that we are going to have one or more waves of this and steps need to be taken. Washing hands, social distancing, deep cleaning and being mindful of the risk are the best weapons we have.

I actually think the British public have been surprisingly good through all this - two months of, overall, very good obediance to the idea of what's been done through probably the best weather we've had for 20 years has been admirable.

If you'd told me five years ago they'd have accepted it and done so well at it, I'd have laughed in your face...

I can never understand this argument, surely it can only be made by someone who doesnt think the virus affects them. Otherwise who would sacrifice their life for sunshine.
I dont stay at home because the government said so, I do it because there is a killer outside thats taken 32000 lives and counting.
Eventually we need to carry on living, but the numbers do not support it at this stage, and the more we "sacrifice" now by staying at home, the quicker we can go back to some normality.
The enemy is not the government or the guidelines, its the virus.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
I can never understand this argument, surely it can only be made by someone who doesnt think the virus affects them. Otherwise who would sacrifice their life for sunshine.
I dont stay at home because the government said so, I do it because there is a killer outside thats taken 32000 lives and counting.
Eventually we need to carry on living, but the numbers do not support it at this stage, and the more we "sacrifice" now by staying at home, the quicker we can go back to some normality.
The enemy is not the government or the guidelines, its the virus.

Your kidding yourself mate if you think that there won't be a second, much worse wave.

It'll either happen towards the end of this year, or next year.

I'd cite the argument, but you can find literally hundreds of articles about it all over the internet.

Our only hope is that the next waves will have mutated to be more 'human friendly'

What is your answer to this? Do we keep people in lockdown for the next five years? Do you think that's sustainable? Do you think that there will be any businesses left? What will the health service look like? What is the best way to address this and move on if it's not sustainable.

The problem 'we have' is that there is no easy answer or 'good' way out of this. It's an impossible question that will need to be answered nonetheless.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan

Your kidding yourself mate if you think that there won't be a second, much worse wave.

It'll either happen towards the end of this year, or next year.

I'd cite the argument, but you can find literally hundreds of articles about it all over the internet.

Our only hope is that the next waves will have mutated to be more 'human friendly'

What is your answer to this? Do we keep people in lockdown for the next five years? Do you think that's sustainable? Do you think that there will be any businesses left? What will the health service look like? What is the best way to address this and move on if it's not sustainable.

The problem 'we have' is that there is no easy answer or 'good' way out of this. It's an impossible question that will need to be answered nonetheless.

The news that interests me most these days is the vaccine, I have been following that as closely as possibly, because that would be the only thing that takes us back to before.
8 live trials at the moment, 5 in the usa , 2 in china, 1 in the uk, testing on humans already and all getting positive results. I know it might take a year but there are people working round the clock on this.
If we open chaotically then we are losing both health wise and economically. I think Sunday the government wanted to produce a road map, which makes sense, but its ripped up if people have already decided enough is enough.

A few days ago I was here advocating opening everything up, because many parts of London no longer locking down, but the numbers are still scary, as frustrating as it is, lives have to come first.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2020, 12:36:35 pm by The North Bank »

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Do you think having street parties is going to help stop the spread of corona or not?

I dont think it matters one bit if people are keeping to social distancing rules whilst enjoying the sunshine with music and a few beers with their neighbours from their own gardens. Once again you're conflating what you've seen on the news with the few parties breaking the rules and automatically applying that to every single party that happened yesterday.

Time to move as far as im concerned, big present challenges to deal with.

We stick our old people into care homes to die then celebrate the war they fought and demand respect. Hilarity.

Nobody sends old people to care homes to die. They send them there for the much needed care they need in their later life that families and friends can no longer provide. You have a very dim view of the world.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

A few days ago I was here advocating opening everything up, because many parts of London no longer locking down, but the numbers are still scary, as frustrating as it is, lives have to come first.

Again this is just your very limited view of where you live. My view from the Wood Green/Alexandre Palace/Mussels Hill area is the opposite. Yes more people are out but its nowhere near normal levels and everyone is adhering to social distancing rules.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
The news that interests me most these days is the vaccine, I have been following that as closely as possibly, because that would be the only thing that takes us back to before.
8 live trials at the moment, 5 in the usa , 2 in china, 1 in the uk, testing on humans already and all getting positive results. I know it might take a year but there are people working round the clock on this.
If we open chaotically then we are losing both health wise and economically. I think Sunday the government wanted to produce a road map, which makes sense, but its ripped up if people have already decided enough is enough.

That's the problem though isn't it - it's not all about Coronvirus unfortunately. People need money to eat, pay their debts, pay their rent, pay their mortgage. The Government are already looking at getting rid of the help they are offering. If people have literally run out of money then how will they eat? How will they pay their bills? What will stop them becoming homeless? The more businesses that stay closed get that little bit closers every day to staying closed - if there are massive unemployment queues then we've seen what a fucking Tory government does about helping people out.

Then you have people with serious medical issues that the treatment seems to be taking a back seat on.

There are 1,000,001 things that are happening outside and within this bubble where we live now and as I said, from everything I've been reading it's just not sustainable to stay where we are at for much longer?

How much longer? Fuck knows. If you have more info than me then I'll happily listen, but this is unpredented and as I was saying, I reckon that the repurcussions are likely to resonate for ten years or longer.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
That's the problem though isn't it - it's not all about Coronvirus unfortunately. People need money to eat, pay their debts, pay their rent, pay their mortgage. The Government are already looking at getting rid of the help they are offering. If people have literally run out of money then how will they eat? How will they pay their bills? What will stop them becoming homeless? The more businesses that stay closed get that little bit closers every day to staying closed - if there are massive unemployment queues then we've seen what a fucking Tory government does about helping people out.

Then you have people with serious medical issues that the treatment seems to be taking a back seat on.

There are 1,000,001 things that are happening outside and within this bubble where we live now and as I said, from everything I've been reading it's just not sustainable to stay where we are at for much longer?

How much longer? Fuck knows. If you have more info than me then I'll happily listen, but this is unpredented and as I was saying, I reckon that the repurcussions are likely to resonate for ten years or longer.

Totally agree as Im one of those who has had 800 quid income since February, I used to make that in 4 days. Not everyone has savings to burn through.
However, when I see groups outside, as I do now if I look outside my window, my only annoyance with them is economically, I don't care if they want to sacrifice themselves and their loved ones, that's the risk they are taking, but while they add to the infected numbers, the government will delay opening the economy.
Everything is driven by the data and the best way to bring the numbers down is staying at home, like other countries who are now opening have done.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we

We're about to postpone our wedding and there's wankers doing the fucking conga in the street. Country of morons.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan

Because people on the internet enjoy being moaning c*nts

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Totally agree as Im one of those who has had 800 quid income since February, I used to make that in 4 days. Not everyone has savings to burn through.
However, when I see groups outside, as I do now if I look outside my window, my only annoyance with them is economically, I don't care if they want to sacrifice themselves and their loved ones, that's the risk they are taking, but while they add to the infected numbers, the government will delay opening the economy.
Everything is driven by the data and the best way to bring the numbers down is staying at home, like other countries who are now opening have done.

Yep. But you do realise that when things relax, it's not going to take long for an immediate resurgance to happen to the numbers - then you'll have the later effect of the second and third and fourth? waves..

This government have fucked it up from the start and I doubt that's it's recoverable.

I personally think that (although the vaccine will be a welcome sight) the real way to win against this thing is with increased testing and tracking. But I think in the UK that genie is out of the bottle and I don't really trust Johnson and his cronies to manage it to any kind of workable level.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
We're about to postpone our wedding and there's wankers doing the fucking conga in the street. Country of morons.

Right. So just because there was one party doing a conga on the street that means every single party around the country was doing the same? Behave yourself.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Right. So just because there was one party doing a conga on the street that means every single party around the country was doing the same? Behave yourself.

It's not me that needs to behave myself :wave

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
It's not me that needs to behave myself :wave

No you're right. All the other people coming in and posting absolutely nothing constructive whilst filling the thread up with negativity need to wind their necks in as well.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
Around here (Highams Park NE London) I would say it is starting to get busier, not so far as I can tell because people are ignoring lockdown, just that more people are likely to be doing the things they have always been allowed to do.

I think we were all deluding ourselves if we thought that wasn't going to happen, the weather is great and people are getting a bit of cabin fever.

Today might have been the busiest I have seen since lockdown started, although still much less than "normal".

Somewhat surprisingly some of the most anti-lockdown people I know are the in the older at risk groups genuinely in lockdown, one literally expressed the view that they mightn't have many good years left they would rather not waste 1-2 of them stuck at home seeing nobody, they would rather take their chances with COVID, I imagine that isn't a typical view!

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........

Yep. But you do realise that when things relax, it's not going to take long for an immediate resurgance to happen to the numbers - then you'll have the later effect of the second and third and fourth? waves..

This government have fucked it up from the start and I doubt that's it's recoverable.

I personally think that (although the vaccine will be a welcome sight) the real way to win against this thing is with increased testing and tracking. But I think in the UK that genie is out of the bottle and I don't really trust Johnson and his cronies to manage it to any kind of workable level.

I doubt its recoverable here either until either an effective treatment comes out or a mass vaccination programme can be completed

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
I live alone and haven’t left my flat in 11 days. Looking like I will have to next week as food is running out and I’m really not looking forward to it. Is there still queues in supermarkets etc?

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
I live alone and haven’t left my flat in 11 days. Looking like I will have to next week as food is running out and I’m really not looking forward to it. Is there still queues in supermarkets etc?

It’s fine mate, yes there are queues but they move quickly and by and large people are respectful of tha social distancing. The other added bonus is that although you have to queue to get in, you generally don’t have to queue much to pay once you are in so it balances out mainly. I’d just avoid going at times which are obviously more popular, like a Saturday morning - try to do it midweek if you can.

I’ve gone out weekly and it really isn’t that bad.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Could you not get delivery? I've found plenty of slots on Tesco between the 9 and 11am most mornings and have been getting them every 10 days or so. Might be an option for you?

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
I'm overseas, scheduled to return home (Heathrow) this week. Does anyone know if there are isolation centres upon arrival? I am scared of affecting my family upon arrival.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
No isolation centres mate

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
Once again you're conflating what you've seen on the news with the few parties breaking the rules and automatically applying that to every single party that happened yesterday.

I'm not conflating anything. I saw two street parties near us yesterday, no social distancing at either. One had taken over the footpaths and went on til midnight. The other in the cul de sac behind our house had their deck chairs across the street and their kids were running around in each others gardens, one came into ours and took my daughters football. So maybe because yours was well organised doesn't mean everyone elses was.