Author Topic: Red Star Belgrade (A) - 06/11/18  (Read 64114 times)

Offline Dhlfc92

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Red Star Belgrade (A) - 06/11/18
« Reply #320 on: October 29, 2018, 04:22:26 pm »
Having been to Belgrade and the derby back in 2016 some the advice on here is really good. Few cash machines when you come off the plane, once you get passport stamped your right out at arrivals hall and they’ll be there to withdraw. I would take £50 out if you arrive day of the game, you will struggle to spend it seriously its that cheap, especially if you are splitting money on taxis, again it’ll mean you’ve spent buttons. Be very careful we’re you wander though, non match day police aren’t really bothered I saw with my own eyes few problems and they weren’t arsed. It is a really interesting place, I am looking forward to returning for this, final thing travel insurance is worth getting for a few quid as E111 cards are useless in this part of Europe.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: October 29, 2018, 06:28:02 pm »
Having been to Belgrade and the derby back in 2016 some the advice on here is really good. Few cash machines when you come off the plane, once you get passport stamped your right out at arrivals hall and they’ll be there to withdraw. I would take £50 out if you arrive day of the game, you will struggle to spend it seriously its that cheap, especially if you are splitting money on taxis, again it’ll mean you’ve spent buttons. Be very careful we’re you wander though, non match day police aren’t really bothered I saw with my own eyes few problems and they weren’t arsed. It is a really interesting place, I am looking forward to returning for this, final thing travel insurance is worth getting for a few quid as E111 cards are useless in this part of Europe.
yeah been looking at prices even in my hotel its dirt cheap, im there monday to thursday so reckon £250 should easy cover it. for people who have been there before anything you advise to do and see when there? looked at a few things online but not sure whats best really

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #322 on: October 29, 2018, 08:05:43 pm »
Can you drink in the ground / in your seat in Serbia?
Long live the King

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #323 on: October 29, 2018, 08:09:27 pm »
Can you drink in the ground / in your seat in Serbia?
You can't in any CL games can you?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: October 29, 2018, 08:20:45 pm »
You can't in any CL games can you?
UEFA scrapped the alcohol ban rule in the summer so it's just upto the rules in the host country. If we play in Germany for example we could now booze during the game. Not sure what it is in Serbia though

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: October 29, 2018, 08:22:38 pm »
UEFA scrapped the alcohol ban rule in the summer so it's just upto the rules in the host country. If we play in Germany for example we could now booze during the game. Not sure what it is in Serbia though
Wow, I somehow completely missed that bit of news! [emoji106]
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Albert Shears

• Main Stander
  • Rafa Loyalist
« Reply #326 on: October 29, 2018, 09:40:37 pm »
Dont think there are facilities within in the stadium, as we have to use portaloos outside the stadium. Unless their are temporary vendors outside but cant see it myself.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #327 on: October 29, 2018, 10:18:15 pm »
I may have to get the overnight bus from Budapest on the Sunday as my wages dont go in til Tuesday . Bit pissed off actually as I dont get to Budapest til 1.00am Sunday and its a great city. Back there for a day and a half Weds and Thurs so its party time. I will have enough dough til Tuesday but the 30 quid or so saved from not getting a room on Sunday will come in handy on the Monday in Belgrade. I get there at 6.am in the morning so its a few beers then a good kip.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: October 29, 2018, 10:28:17 pm »
Iam staying not too far from Republic Square . I reckon I will take it easy and not stray too far away on the Monday. The hotel is on a quiet street which has a few bars on it.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: October 29, 2018, 11:13:20 pm »
Iam staying not too far from Republic Square . I reckon I will take it easy and not stray too far away on the Monday. The hotel is on a quiet street which has a few bars on it.

Monday defo a quiet one Im there till Thursday and probably gonna be shattered on Monday as gotta be at manc airport for 4am Monday morning get to Belgrade about 12 so few hours kip when I get there

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: October 29, 2018, 11:20:57 pm »
Monday defo a quiet one Im there till Thursday and probably gonna be shattered on Monday as gotta be at manc airport for 4am Monday morning get to Belgrade about 12 so few hours kip when I get there

Sounds like the right thing to do. Saying that though Iam one adventurous little so and so when Iam away and especially after a few .

Sensible me - stay close , have a few beers and get a feel to the place.

Adventurous me - Where's the nearest gypsy bar mate ?

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline KOTP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: October 30, 2018, 12:23:59 am »
Sounds like the right thing to do. Saying that though Iam one adventurous little so and so when Iam away and especially after a few .

Sensible me - stay close , have a few beers and get a feel to the place.

Adventurous me - Where's the nearest gypsy bar mate ?
yeah im saying im gonna be sensible but got business class flights see free ale on the way there so i'll get there in a good mood and probably straight out

Offline Shabby14

• Anny Roader
« Reply #332 on: October 30, 2018, 12:41:02 pm »
Anybody seen any sensible routes still available?

Only just got round to thinking about planning the trip after just about getting tickets last week.

Cheers

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: October 30, 2018, 12:59:23 pm »
Depends how many days you can take.

There's still a £38.12 ryanair return Stansted > Eindhoven. Monday > Wed. Crap time out but can go later for a bit more
Then £129 Eindhoven > Belgrade . Monday > Wed. Would have all day in eindhoven on cheap ryanair price, but as said can go a bit later.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 01:03:06 pm by Craig S »

Offline bono1712

• Kopite
  • "Shankly is our hero he showed us how to play"
« Reply #334 on: October 30, 2018, 01:11:00 pm »
Anyone think there'll be another sale for this?
@bono1712

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #335 on: October 30, 2018, 01:23:53 pm »
Anybody seen any sensible routes still available?

Only just got round to thinking about planning the trip after just about getting tickets last week.

Cheers

It’s still £19 for Liverpool to Sofia Monday 6.55pm and you can get a private transfer from there next morning with my day trip for €215 for up to 3 or €284 for 4 or €343 for 5 to 7. Could also look for other private transfer prices using Get Transfer.

Depending on your numbers that might be the cheapest way there from Liverpool.
Long live the King

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #336 on: October 30, 2018, 01:40:01 pm »
Unless they announce today a sale for tomorrow then no chance. People will be travelling on Sunday so they will not have time to get tickets sent out.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #337 on: October 30, 2018, 02:56:01 pm »

Yeah I think there will be another sale... they haven't added "There will be no further sales for this fixture." on the ticket page yet.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: October 30, 2018, 03:43:41 pm »
Just found out me nephew is going without a ticket. I told him he can have mine if he doesnt get sorted. Iam a bit more street savvy than him and will watch it in the hotel. He'll be bouncing around Belgrade beaked out of his head thinking he owns the place when we are all at the match . Iam doing the right thing.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Scottylfc

• Boys Pen
« Reply #339 on: October 31, 2018, 10:14:39 am »
First post! Land in Belgrade 12.40pm Monday, gonna check out Partizans ground and have a wander about early doors, then set up for a good day on the ale I think, hoping theres plenty of reds out early on

Offline De La Goal

• Anny Roader
  • Me, Myself and LFC
« Reply #340 on: October 31, 2018, 02:27:41 pm »
No. Once you changed it you're stuck with Dinars.

This isn't correct.

Pretty much every currency exchange in Belgrade makes its living from exchanging dinars (RSD) to Euro and vice versa. Serbian people pay for a lot of things in euro - rent, services, etc. - so it's an everyday thing. The country would grind to a halt if people couldn't exchange their RSD for EUR.

The "hole in the wall"-type exchanges are called Menjačnica. They generally have very competitive EUR/RSD rates (better than the banks). There are dozens of them in the centre of town, most with rates displayed outside. The closer you get to Knez Mihailova (the main pedestrian street), the worse the rate. Shop around, go for the best one. Check the mid-market rates on the xe.com currency site or app.

GBP/RSD rates are considerably worse than EUR/RSD. So if you must take cash, take EUR. I'd use an ATM.

But you shouldn't need much cash these days. Most places take cards. Even many taxis take plastic, though you should check this before you start the journey.

Talking of taxis, always best to call one rather than pick one up off the street. There are fake taxis around the main tourist and nightlife areas - and their meters, if they run at all, run very fast. Real taxis have a number plate ending with TX.

This company is probably the best for English-speakers: http://naxis.rs/en - they also have a smartphone app.

As already pointed out, at the airport, there is a desk for taxis - as you come through the arrival doors, walk straight ahead and you will see it. They will give you a ticket - but you pay the driver directly. 1800 RSD to the city centre, flat rate.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: October 31, 2018, 02:42:36 pm »
^^^ Thanks for that, very helpful. So if we have any dinars left over, is it best to change back to Euros rather than GBP then, you'd say? And do any shops/restaurants take Euros as currency?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 02:44:32 pm by redgriffin73 »

Offline De La Goal

• Anny Roader
  • Me, Myself and LFC
« Reply #342 on: October 31, 2018, 02:53:02 pm »
yeah been looking at prices even in my hotel its dirt cheap, im there monday to thursday so reckon £250 should easy cover it. for people who have been there before anything you advise to do and see when there? looked at a few things online but not sure whats best really

There are a few good nightlife areas: 

Skadarlija for the bohemian Balkan vibe - lots of tourists but also lots of locals. Plenty of traditional restaurants/kafana - some are better than others. Tri Sesir is the classic spot; Dva Jelena possibly the better food. Personally I preferred the pizza at Guli, but each to their own.

Cetinjska 15 is an old brewery that's now full of bars, restaurants and even a record shop (the much-loved Yugo Vinyl). Younger and hipper than Skadarlija, though it's only a 2-minute walk away.

Savamala is down by the river. Not quite what it was because of the Belgrade Waterfront development. But lots of venues still. KC Grad is an arts/music venue that's generally supporter-friendly. Wales fans were drinking there before their match against Serbia last year.

Beton Hala - a bit more upscale than any of the above. Mainly restaurants in converted warehouses.

Daytime: depends what you like. Kalemegdan/Belgrade Fortress is worth a wander - there are bars and restaurants in there too, along with the military museum. The Nikola Tesla museum is small but entertaining - there are English-language tours; you need to book them in advance. If you're feeling energetic, a guided bike tour with iBikeBelgrade will take you along the river and into New Belgrade - very Tito-era; their sister (non-cycling) operation YugoTour even more so. Cultural - the Museum of Contemporary Art and the National Museum have both just reopened after more than a decade of closure each. The former is particularly good.

Offline KOTP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: October 31, 2018, 02:57:27 pm »
There are a few good nightlife areas: 

Skadarlija for the bohemian Balkan vibe - lots of tourists but also lots of locals. Plenty of traditional restaurants/kafana - some are better than others. Tri Sesir is the classic spot; Dva Jelena possibly the better food. Personally I preferred the pizza at Guli, but each to their own.

Cetinjska 15 is an old brewery that's now full of bars, restaurants and even a record shop (the much-loved Yugo Vinyl). Younger and hipper than Skadarlija, though it's only a 2-minute walk away.

Savamala is down by the river. Not quite what it was because of the Belgrade Waterfront development. But lots of venues still. KC Grad is an arts/music venue that's generally supporter-friendly. Wales fans were drinking there before their match against Serbia last year.

Beton Hala - a bit more upscale than any of the above. Mainly restaurants in converted warehouses.

Daytime: depends what you like. Kalemegdan/Belgrade Fortress is worth a wander - there are bars and restaurants in there too, along with the military museum. The Nikola Tesla museum is small but entertaining - there are English-language tours; you need to book them in advance. If you're feeling energetic, a guided bike tour with iBikeBelgrade will take you along the river and into New Belgrade - very Tito-era; their sister (non-cycling) operation YugoTour even more so. Cultural - the Museum of Contemporary Art and the National Museum have both just reopened after more than a decade of closure each. The former is particularly good.

Cheers mate good info

Offline De La Goal

• Anny Roader
  • Me, Myself and LFC
« Reply #344 on: October 31, 2018, 02:58:10 pm »
^^^ Thanks for that, very helpful. So if we have any dinars left over, is it best to change back to Euros rather than GBP then, you'd say? And do any shops/restaurants take Euros as currency?

Yep - change them back into Euros. I've never tried the exchange office at the airport, so you may want to do that before you head there. There is actually an automatic exchange machine in departures, but I have no idea whether it does RSD to EUR. If you keep 2000 RSD for the taxi to the airport, you'll be fine - probably 500 RSD left over to buy drinks.

Nowhere *officially* takes euros, though you might get lucky. Shops and restaurants are legally obliged to show prices in RSD.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: October 31, 2018, 03:12:01 pm »
Yep - change them back into Euros. I've never tried the exchange office at the airport, so you may want to do that before you head there. There is actually an automatic exchange machine in departures, but I have no idea whether it does RSD to EUR. If you keep 2000 RSD for the taxi to the airport, you'll be fine - probably 500 RSD left over to buy drinks.

Nowhere *officially* takes euros, though you might get lucky. Shops and restaurants are legally obliged to show prices in RSD.

Thanks! And also thanks for the "touristy" info above. :)

Offline De La Goal

• Anny Roader
  • Me, Myself and LFC
« Reply #346 on: October 31, 2018, 03:53:42 pm »
Thanks! And also thanks for the "touristy" info above. :)

A pleasure - I'm sure you'll enjoy Belgrade. Just drink Zaječarsko and Nikšićko rather than Lav or Jelen. Your head will thank you. Or go to Samo Pivo ("Only Beer") on Balkanska Street, which does what it says on the packet, craft beers included.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #347 on: October 31, 2018, 04:21:23 pm »
A pleasure - I'm sure you'll enjoy Belgrade. Just drink Zaječarsko and Nikšićko rather than Lav or Jelen. Your head will thank you. Or go to Samo Pivo ("Only Beer") on Balkanska Street, which does what it says on the packet, craft beers included.

Will try this on Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday  ;D

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #348 on: November 1, 2018, 02:18:53 pm »
This isn't correct.

Good to hear that, but it sure wasn't like that a year ago. At least in my experience.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #349 on: November 1, 2018, 02:49:10 pm »
Weather forecast looking good 👍
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline cheshiremike

• Podcast/Youtube Addict. Sworn enema of CheshireDave
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #350 on: November 1, 2018, 03:34:00 pm »
Weather forecast looking good 👍

Gets cool at night apparently.

Looking forward to this

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: November 1, 2018, 07:26:17 pm »
The 'further allocation' of 200 that the club implied was not amongst the 2K clearly were from the 2K as a block of 200 seats slap bang in the middle of Block 6 were not on sale @ 0815 this morning.

The 200 tickets for vip and club staff are in a different area. The seats unavalble where for Kenny Dalglish, Stand Executive Box holders, Premium Level and Centenary Club members there allocation is with the normal fans. I've been told they are guaranteed 10% of any away European allocation
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #352 on: November 1, 2018, 08:29:00 pm »
The 200 tickets for vip and club staff are in a different area. The seats unavalble where for Kenny Dalglish, Stand Executive Box holders, Premium Level and Centenary Club members there allocation is with the normal fans. I've been told they are guaranteed 10% of any away European allocation
Wow, so of the 2.2K in total, the club take 18% of the allocation. No where near as much as they do for domestic aways but that still surprises me.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
« Reply #353 on: November 1, 2018, 11:06:15 pm »
This wasn't the case last season, am I right?

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #354 on: November 2, 2018, 05:42:28 am »
This wasn't the case last season, am I right?

The following has been in the sales info for as long as I can remember:

Hospitality Members

Kenny Dalglish, Stand Executive Box holders, Premium Level and Centenary Club members should contact the Hospitality Department on 0151 264 2222, option 2

Was there throughout last season including maribor when we had next to no tickets right through to Roma.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tickets/277269-maribor-v-liverpool-ticket-selling-notice

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tickets/298423-as-roma-liverpool-ticket-details
Long live the King

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: November 2, 2018, 07:48:47 am »

Hospitality Members

Kenny Dalglish, Stand Executive Box holders, Premium Level and Centenary Club members should contact the Hospitality Department on 0151 264 2222, option 2

Was there throughout last season including maribor when we had next to no tickets right through to Roma.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tickets/277269-maribor-v-liverpool-ticket-selling-notice

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/tickets/298423-as-roma-liverpool-ticket-details

Correct, but for me it should be stated in a further sales notice of what is actually available to fans not in corporate areas. But that would mean a form of transparency from the club

Offline DOG-LFC8

• Kopite
  • We've conquered Europe and we're never gonna stop
« Reply #356 on: November 2, 2018, 08:12:36 am »

Hospitality Members

Ah I see. Never remember seeing a block of tickets blocked out for the corporates  before though like we've seen with Napoli and Red Star so far this season.

Wonder will this block somehow increase for PSG?  ::)

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: November 2, 2018, 09:08:03 am »
Ah I see. Never remember seeing a block of tickets blocked out for the corporates  before though like we've seen with Napoli and Red Star so far this season.

Wonder will this block somehow increase for PSG?  ::)

The unavailable block will be bigger than the available block :D

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: November 2, 2018, 09:18:30 am »
Dont forget the players allocation also comes out of the general - the Cat A 200 is for sponsors and club officials

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #359 on: November 2, 2018, 09:42:13 am »
‘There will be no further sales for this fixture.’