Author Topic: League Cup Final 2024 vs Chelsea Ticket Details  (Read 60315 times)

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
Re: League Cup Final 2024 vs Chelsea Ticket Details
« Reply #1360 on: February 26, 2024, 01:16:13 pm »
Surprised by the lack of stewarding around the turnstiles, especially after the comms from the club about improvement following the Euros etc.

I went in F just before 2 and it was quiet / no real queue.  Ticket scanned fine, but for some reason the turnstile only partially turned so I was stuck and couldn't go forward or back.  Only a couple of stewards in sight who were completely uninterested. One eventually just kept saying to scan my ticket which obviously didn't work.  No idea what resolved it but it moved again after a couple of minutes.  Not the end of the world, but would have been pretty unpleasant if it had happened later or at one of the busier entrances with a crowd building up behind.

Between that and the piss flooded toilets, I'm still amazed a national stadium can be that shit.

That's just London in general mate

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1361 on: February 26, 2024, 01:33:32 pm »
The shit show that is Wembley not changed one bit

Thankfully we were turnstile F which was completely empty even at 14:15 when we went in

That "fanzone" just served as a bottleneck, what they were thinking with that is beyond me

Sort of relieved we won't be playing a UCL final there to be honest, absolute shambles

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1362 on: February 26, 2024, 01:56:28 pm »
The shit show that is Wembley not changed one bit

Thankfully we were turnstile F which was completely empty even at 14:15 when we went in

That "fanzone" just served as a bottleneck, what they were thinking with that is beyond me

Sort of relieved we won't be playing a UCL final there to be honest, absolute shambles

Spot on

Offline Booze And Glory

• Main Stander
« Reply #1363 on: February 26, 2024, 02:08:27 pm »
Sadly reading social media as I feared the turnstile failure has just given
people who hate our club and who aren’t interested in what exactly happened
Just more ammunition to throw the blame at us, with the usual comments
you’d sadly expect!

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1364 on: February 26, 2024, 02:11:35 pm »
Today deliberately went early, about 1.30, to turnstile D having previously experienced the queues a couple of years ago when it took us an hour to get in and almost missing kick-off. Tbf it was only about 5 minutes to get in today and we had no issues.

But . . . . apparently some people with Android phones were having problems and being told to re-download ticket. Reading the above I now wonder if it was a problem with tickets or actually a problem with the D turnstiles themselves. Whatever, it’s obviously a shambles that this should be happening at all to anyone whatever time they are trying to get in.

Was at F just before 2 and mine would not scan, tried a few times before coming away. The Wembley staff were sending me to the ticket office. As I walked away I saw someone I knew who had the same issue with a LFC steward, they told me to remove and re-download, that then worked.

The original ticket had a wider barcode, then the re downloaded one had a square QR code.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1365 on: February 26, 2024, 02:15:32 pm »
Was at F just before 2 and mine would not scan, tried a few times before coming away. The Wembley staff were sending me to the ticket office. As I walked away I saw someone I knew who had the same issue with a LFC steward, they told me to remove and re-download, that then worked.

The original ticket had a wider barcode, then the re downloaded one had a square QR code.

Yeah they tweeted out about this

Should have all been QR codes from the start, maybe down to when they were first downloaded

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1366 on: February 26, 2024, 02:15:58 pm »

I saw on twitter they were advising people who had a barcode to redownload to get a QR Code. This was only done at 1.51pm yesterday though and plenty wouldn't see this.
I wonder who's mistake this was to set them wrongly in the first place !

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1367 on: February 26, 2024, 03:21:15 pm »
I was gutted about boxpark, only got the free ones but turning up about half hour before 12, just looked at the queue and heard them saying pre paid only.

Next time will pay the £10.

Although plus side, realised it was easier to jump of the train at watford rather than Euston so got to Wembley earlier than expected.

Any one else emotionally exhausted today for cheering them on haha.. In work near falling asleep at my desk.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1368 on: February 26, 2024, 03:32:45 pm »
Yeah they tweeted out about this

Should have all been QR codes from the start, maybe down to when they were first downloaded

I think I downloaded it as soon as the email came through on that afternoon. Maybe the updated them at some point from then.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1369 on: February 26, 2024, 03:32:53 pm »
Mate of mines ticket scanned red. steward had to manually let him in as ticket had already been used. Got to his seat and some foreign guy had my mates ticket with my mates name on it and said he’d bought it off a resell site. Seem someone in the ticket office had intercepted ticket emails or the ticket url could have been changed.

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #1370 on: February 26, 2024, 03:33:36 pm »
I was gutted about boxpark, only got the free ones but turning up about half hour before 12, just looked at the queue and heard them saying pre paid only.

Next time will pay the £10.

Although plus side, realised it was easier to jump of the train at watford rather than Euston so got to Wembley earlier than expected.

Any one else emotionally exhausted today for cheering them on haha.. In work near falling asleep at my desk.

Box Park was great before and after the game. This was the first time we pre paid was worth it to turn up & go straight in.

Like you, in work falling asleep lol

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1371 on: February 26, 2024, 04:04:54 pm »
Got to turnstile D about 2pm and it took 30 minutes to get in. Minimal stewarding, just one guy checking you had the correct ticket qr code as you finally neared the turnstile.

Certainly not helped by building a fan park directly level with the entrance so there was absolutely no space for people to pass easily round the back either.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Dagro

• Main Stander
« Reply #1372 on: February 26, 2024, 04:14:31 pm »
Turnstile C for me and no problems got in at around 2.10. Wasn't much of a queue even then, probably had a 5 minute wait. I thought the set up at C was pretty decent, had about a 5 metre gap from the turnstile to the queue, and had a steward at a metal barrier gate thing, asking to see your ticket.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1373 on: February 26, 2024, 05:21:34 pm »
Mate of mines ticket scanned red. steward had to manually let him in as ticket had already been used. Got to his seat and some foreign guy had my mates ticket with my mates name on it and said he’d bought it off a resell site. Seem someone in the ticket office had intercepted ticket emails or the ticket url could have been changed.

there's *always* an exploit for anything digital. i'd probably guess the vulnerability was there rather than some TO person chancing selling them on, the risk on them is just too big.

would report to club if you can. would've been useful to get the other guy's contact info/screenshots too.

or maybe your mates' disgruntled wife decided to spin the ticket for £800  ;D (kidding)
YNWA.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1374 on: February 26, 2024, 05:26:20 pm »
Surprised by the lack of stewarding around the turnstiles, especially after the comms from the club about improvement following the Euros etc.

I went in F just before 2 and it was quiet / no real queue.  Ticket scanned fine, but for some reason the turnstile only partially turned so I was stuck and couldn't go forward or back.  Only a couple of stewards in sight who were completely uninterested. One eventually just kept saying to scan my ticket which obviously didn't work.  No idea what resolved it but it moved again after a couple of minutes.  Not the end of the world, but would have been pretty unpleasant if it had happened later or at one of the busier entrances with a crowd building up behind.

Between that and the piss flooded toilets, I'm still amazed a national stadium can be that shit.

as with anything in this country after some sort of systemic failure, all they did after the Euros was change security contractor(s) i believe and a few optics like 'pre-checks' (which don't happen) and a few extra stewards (students who shouldn't be expected to rugby tackle a kid without a ticket).

CL final will be chaos if a british club makes it. amazing how other fans seem to have selective amnesia of how bad the Euros was btw.
YNWA.

Offline apassant77

• Kopite
« Reply #1375 on: February 26, 2024, 06:32:40 pm »
Got into Boxpark at around 11.30. They were saying paid tickets only buy took a chance and a friendly member of staff let the 3 of us in. Worked well as we hadn't really decided on an alternative and couldn't be arsed with the Fanpark

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1376 on: February 26, 2024, 08:18:03 pm »
did anyone notice a bunch of middleaged men dressed pretty formally dotted around emotionless wearing big backpacks? lol. a few felt they were “out of place”, particularly as they didn’t seem to be matching the match at all really.
YNWA.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1377 on: February 26, 2024, 10:32:58 pm »
Er, read it again . . . The Torch weren’t charging entry !
Well yeah, but queueing 30 mins to get into a boozer that charges £8 a pint?  :mooncat
Yep, I could see in your original post that they were not charging.

I was referring to what 30fiver says. Queueing half an hour to get into a PUB, and then being ripped of for ale (even for London prices, £8 is way over the top) is crazy, when you have half of London within easy distance of Wembley.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1378 on: February 26, 2024, 10:48:39 pm »
Yep, I could see in your original post that they were not charging.

I was referring to what 30fiver says. Queueing half an hour to get into a PUB, and then being ripped of for ale (even for London prices, £8 is way over the top) is crazy, when you have half of London within easy distance of Wembley.

Each to their own.  We had no queue to buy a ten pack of San Miguel from Tesco for £12.  It’s not right but pubs know they can rip the arse out of fans.  Not for me.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #1379 on: February 27, 2024, 09:15:50 am »
£24 for 4 cans of unfiltered Stella in the stadium was sickening. Although the staff managed to mistakenly put them through as 4 bottles of water for £10 so I wasn't about to correct them.

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #1380 on: February 27, 2024, 09:26:16 am »
Turnstile C for me and no problems got in at around 2.10. Wasn't much of a queue even then, probably had a 5 minute wait. I thought the set up at C was pretty decent, had about a 5 metre gap from the turnstile to the queue, and had a steward at a metal barrier gate thing, asking to see your ticket.

Got to C a touch earlier than you and no queue whatsoever and walked in within 30 seconds
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1381 on: February 27, 2024, 10:28:51 am »
£24 for 4 cans of unfiltered Stella in the stadium was sickening. Although the staff managed to mistakenly put them through as 4 bottles of water for £10 so I wasn't about to correct them.
And only 440ml cans at that, which I believe were £6.99 if bought separately.  That's over £9.00 a pint.

We did something we've never done before at a football match and drank wine.  Two 250ml bottles for £13.00 was reasonable value, although the wine was shite, as you'd expect.

Two of those in one of their "pint" glasses pretty much filled them.  There certainly wasn't room for another 68ml to top up to a pint, so everyone buying pints was getting short measures.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #1382 on: February 27, 2024, 11:02:57 am »
Had a mutiny on our coach down when Wembley parking wanted to search every coach going into the car park for ale (and other prohibited items)

Driver parked up outside before the search and said 'yeah just get off here and I'll keep your ale safe' and told us where to meet after the game.

No issues with tickets and getting in the stadium.

Left at 7am and got back at midnight

« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 11:04:34 am by gazzalfc »

Offline ripsaw19

• Kopite
« Reply #1383 on: February 27, 2024, 11:13:40 am »
I had the same issues as others with regards to the barcode... Tried to get in, wouldn't let me, so I went and joined the massive queue at the TO. The LFC help team only realised there was a problem when we all turned up unable to get in, and then it was discovered that the barcodes weren't working so we had to re-download the tickets. Once downloaded again, no issues and straight in.

Great day in the end though and voice is still fucked!
ST Waiting List Position - 1556

Offline Willo99

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1384 on: February 27, 2024, 11:43:07 am »
3pm kick off was far better than half 4 ever was.

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #1385 on: February 27, 2024, 11:43:14 am »
And only 440ml cans at that, which I believe were £6.99 if bought separately.  That's over £9.00 a pint.

We did something we've never done before at a football match and drank wine.  Two 250ml bottles for £13.00 was reasonable value, although the wine was shite, as you'd expect.

Two of those in one of their "pint" glasses pretty much filled them.  There certainly wasn't room for another 68ml to top up to a pint, so everyone buying pints was getting short measures.

Maybe it was due to me slightly overdoing it on the Saturday but those unfiltered Stellas weren't really for me, suppose they did the trick though

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1386 on: February 27, 2024, 12:52:43 pm »
I was in the queue for D at 140 and we hardly moved and then at 230 they announced something was wrong with the turnstiles so everyone go to turnstile A which we did. Absolutely shocking experience once again at Wembley getting in.

Mine was turnstile A, got in about 50 minutes before kick off. Glad I never left it any later now

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #1387 on: February 27, 2024, 01:05:59 pm »
what's the best way of reporting racism at the match? we were in 515 and i could hear the same person shout the same thing quite a few times over the match.
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1388 on: February 27, 2024, 01:07:47 pm »

Wasn't a mistake.

They are pocketing the difference.

Happens in loads of stadiums. The lads behind the bar at Ajax openly admitted to us they were doing it :D

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1389 on: February 27, 2024, 01:30:46 pm »
Wasn't a mistake.

They are pocketing the difference.

Happens in loads of stadiums. The lads behind the bar at Ajax openly admitted to us they were doing it :D

How can you pocket the difference when the till charges £10 through via a card machine ?

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1390 on: February 27, 2024, 02:44:39 pm »
what's the best way of reporting racism at the match? we were in 515 and i could hear the same person shout the same thing quite a few times over the match.

Probably pointless now, not sure how you'd prove that

Need to do it whilst at the match so someone can investigate there and then

Offline sharkeyb

• Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #1391 on: February 27, 2024, 02:47:19 pm »
Probably pointless now, not sure how you'd prove that

Need to do it whilst at the match so someone can investigate there and then

agreed - but no idea if anyone else has reported so i may add into a bigger picture
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #1392 on: February 29, 2024, 05:00:16 pm »

Here you go https://www.englandfootball.com/participate/explore/Reporting-Discrimination#report

Offline sharkeyb

• Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #1393 on: March 1, 2024, 10:42:36 am »
nice one i ended up going through the SLO at the club and they have got back to me
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline benitezexpletives

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1394 on: March 6, 2024, 01:49:51 pm »
nice one i ended up going through the SLO at the club and they have got back to me
good hope they get identified