Author Topic: It's a conspiraceh  (Read 48391 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: It's a conspiraceh
« Reply #480 on: May 7, 2024, 01:55:22 pm »
Right, I’m telling Alan on you.

:D

I did find it interesting and when I argue with conspiracy theorists (me? argue?! Never! :D ) - it's good to come from a position where I know they are coming from.

A lot of stuff they say could be plausible if it weren't for pesky facts that always seem to crop up and get in the way.

The reason I was interested is that I have a few friends that are mild to less-mild conspiracy believers. Rather than just calling them dickheads, it seemed to me better to be able to discuss and debate.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #481 on: May 7, 2024, 05:18:43 pm »
:D

I did find it interesting and when I argue with conspiracy theorists (me? argue?! Never! :D ) - it's good to come from a position where I know they are coming from.

A lot of stuff they say could be plausible if it weren't for pesky facts that always seem to crop up and get in the way.

The reason I was interested is that I have a few friends that are mild to less-mild conspiracy believers. Rather than just calling them dickheads, it seemed to me better to be able to discuss and debate.
I can recommend Voodoo Histories by David Aaronovitch to you. It covers JFK, the moon landings, The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, and much more.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #482 on: May 8, 2024, 12:03:13 pm »
I can recommend Voodoo Histories by David Aaronovitch to you. It covers JFK, the moon landings, The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, and much more.

I'll give it a read cheers.

I think the thing to remember is that science is as much a belief system* as religion is. I accept the years of science that have built up a picture of the world, but I can prove very little of it myself.

There are some great scientists online that can provide (for instance) things you can do yourself without much cash to prove stuff yourself, but for the majority of science I (and most people I'd expect) haven't got the scientific background, knowledge or ability to go on anything but trust that scientists are telling the truth and know what they are doing.

I've read enough to have faith in that, but I can see why people might argue against it - not because of the science, but because they don't trust the people or entities explaining the science to them.

*To the lay-person
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: May 10, 2024, 07:08:22 am »
With the absence of a "middle east thread", for reasons I quite understand, I don't know here to throw this.

Anyway, an article which appeared briefly on the beeb news pages yesterday caught my eye, namely the Line project. Never heard it mentioned anywhere ever (though plenty of source online) but there they are again, Saudi Royalty killing people and destroying wildlife in the name of .. whatever the fuck they please.

All very dystopian and weird. When will people actually wake up and start to smell this coffee.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Line,_Saudi_Arabia
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: May 10, 2024, 09:32:05 am »
With the absence of a "middle east thread", for reasons I quite understand, I don't know here to throw this.

Anyway, an article which appeared briefly on the beeb news pages yesterday caught my eye, namely the Line project. Never heard it mentioned anywhere ever (though plenty of source online) but there they are again, Saudi Royalty killing people and destroying wildlife in the name of .. whatever the fuck they please.

All very dystopian and weird. When will people actually wake up and start to smell this coffee.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Line,_Saudi_Arabia
That project is all but abandoned. You must have missed it, but even the wiki page has a section on the 'scaling back' - a 98.6% reduction to the size of the project.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Line,_Saudi_Arabia#2024_scaling_back
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: May 10, 2024, 11:16:52 am »
Ahh cheers, I did miss that somehow.

Did read that a few British investors had pulled out after losing faith in the project, but hadn't realised that it had permanently reduced to 1.5m. Absolute batshit terrible idea anyways.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: May 10, 2024, 11:21:06 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ak4on5uTaTg&amp;t=202s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ak4on5uTaTg&amp;t=202s</a>

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #487 on: May 10, 2024, 12:13:10 pm »
The crazy thing is that there were actual people out there who thought the Line would actually be a thing one day and that it made complete sense to do it.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: May 10, 2024, 02:23:20 pm »
The crazy thing is that there were actual people out there who FIFA thought the Line would actually be a thing one day and that it made complete sense to do it.

Fixed.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #489 on: May 10, 2024, 07:25:24 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ak4on5uTaTg&amp;t=202s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ak4on5uTaTg&amp;t=202s</a>
This may be the greatest thing I’ve ever watched
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: May 10, 2024, 08:01:15 pm »
This may be the greatest thing I’ve ever watched

I rather enjoyed it. Very dry.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: May 11, 2024, 09:38:32 am »
Had some first hand experience of how hurtful these conspiracies can be. We lost a close friend really suddenly a fortnight ago. She was young and had an undiagnosed congenital heart defect. She died suddenly in work. An incredible friend since uni, we are all totally heartbroken.

Anti-vax ghouls, no doubt with alerts to sudden death stories, trawled her social media and shared loads of her posts about being vaccinated. Anonymous trolls saying she got what she deserved etc. musk’s Twitter did absolutely nothing to take it down despite all of our reports. Her husband asked a few of them firmly but politely for them to take it down, but was met with abuse.

Believe in this shite all you want, but when a devastated husband asks you to remove pictures you’ve stolen from his dead wife’s Facebook, you’d have to be a total c*nt not to do so.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #492 on: May 11, 2024, 04:00:58 pm »
Had some first hand experience of how hurtful these conspiracies can be. We lost a close friend really suddenly a fortnight ago. She was young and had an undiagnosed congenital heart defect. She died suddenly in work. An incredible friend since uni, we are all totally heartbroken.

Anti-vax ghouls, no doubt with alerts to sudden death stories, trawled her social media and shared loads of her posts about being vaccinated. Anonymous trolls saying she got what she deserved etc. musk’s Twitter did absolutely nothing to take it down despite all of our reports. Her husband asked a few of them firmly but politely for them to take it down, but was met with abuse.

Believe in this shite all you want, but when a devastated husband asks you to remove pictures you’ve stolen from his dead wife’s Facebook, you’d have to be a total c*nt not to do so.

Ghouls as you say. You see it anytime someone dies suddenly, or at a young-ish age. All the “I’m just asking questions” brigade.