Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé  (Read 3149973 times)

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé
« Reply #78000 on: April 9, 2024, 05:29:40 pm »
They spent that on Kolo Muani last summer, no way we should be accepting that

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78001 on: April 9, 2024, 05:29:59 pm »
I can see Salah being sold this summer so if we sell Diaz we will need to sign two forwards imo

Garnacho would be an upgrade on Diaz.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #78002 on: April 9, 2024, 05:32:30 pm »
Mikey's baaacccckkkkkkkk

Online skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78003 on: April 9, 2024, 05:52:14 pm »
Always open to ideas as the team transitions, but do we have a lot of options in attack for transfers this summer?  Napoli won't sell Kvara unless it's extortionate.  Any other high output wingers/forwards to get?
King Kenny.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78004 on: April 9, 2024, 05:53:04 pm »
Mikey's baaacccckkkkkkkk

Selling Diaz and replacing with Summerville is peak Edward’s.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78005 on: April 9, 2024, 06:20:56 pm »
Always open to ideas as the team transitions, but do we have a lot of options in attack for transfers this summer?  Napoli won't sell Kvara unless it's extortionate.  Any other high output wingers/forwards to get?

Leao, his output is similar to Diaz but he’s there years younger and has huge potential under a top class manager.

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78006 on: April 9, 2024, 06:22:27 pm »
I reckon Summerville will be high up our list. Openda too.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78007 on: April 9, 2024, 06:27:38 pm »
I can see Salah being sold this summer so if we sell Diaz we will need to sign two forwards imo

Or just the one. If Amorim’s is indeed wedded to his system, we dont need as many.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78008 on: April 9, 2024, 06:29:38 pm »
I wouldn't say Summerville is peak Edwards, he's a lot less proven than Edwards usual choices for replacements like that. I would picture someone of the level of Olise or Mbuemo

I like Openda but isn't he more of a 9?

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78009 on: April 9, 2024, 06:30:34 pm »
Or just the one. If Amorim’s is indeed wedded to his system, we dont need as many.

Probably have to replace one with an attacking full back then like Ait-Nouri

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78010 on: April 9, 2024, 06:31:53 pm »
Probably have to replace one with an attacking full back then like Ait-Nouri

Ait Nouri has basically been playing as a forward recently, and he looks good doing it! Really promising player.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78011 on: April 9, 2024, 06:34:20 pm »

Probably 2 because then you are stuck with 3 central strikers where only one is comfortable playing deeper and wider (and also happens to be the most injury prone).

If it was Salah and Gakpo then yeah one more probably is just needed, but Salah and Diaz from the bulk of our team that would play that role behind the 9 in Amorims system.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78012 on: April 9, 2024, 06:34:58 pm »
Ait Nouri has basically been playing as a forward recently, and he looks good doing it! Really promising player.

Why I think he suits that wing back role for us as that role will basically be the winger of the team

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78013 on: April 9, 2024, 06:40:36 pm »
Probably 2 because then you are stuck with 3 central strikers where only one is comfortable playing deeper and wider (and also happens to be the most injury prone).

If it was Salah and Gakpo then yeah one more probably is just needed, but Salah and Diaz from the bulk of our team that would play that role behind the 9 in Amorims system.

But what about the likes of Elliott, Szobozslai, Gravenberch and Jones?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #78014 on: April 9, 2024, 06:41:16 pm »
I wouldn't say Summerville is peak Edwards, he's a lot less proven than Edwards usual choices for replacements like that. I would picture someone of the level of Olise or Mbuemo

I like Openda but isn't he more of a 9?
Openda is more of a 9, yes. Olise I find really interesting and I rate him massively, he’s very different Mo though. Not that we always need to look for exact analogues.

With Diaz, I’m in the camp of sell him if the money is massive and he doesn’t want to be here, but if it’s £60m - £75m keep him, it’s not enough of a tipping point to feel it’s worth the downside.

I honestly can see a scenario where Salah to Saudi is sanctioned for big money. His output is still awesome but as people have said; let their legs go in someone else’s team. That’s no disrespect to possibly the greatest Liverpool player in my lifetime, but if we’re potentially extending Van Dijk and need to lock Trent down, freeing up Salah’s wages allows you to do both those things whilst also having cash for a replacement.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78015 on: April 9, 2024, 06:44:45 pm »
Openda is more of a 9, yes. Olise I find really interesting and I rate him massively, he’s very different Mo though. Not that we always need to look for exact analogues.

With Diaz, I’m in the camp of sell him if the money is massive and he doesn’t want to be here, but if it’s £60m - £75m keep him, it’s not enough of a tipping point to feel it’s worth the downside.

I honestly can see a scenario where Salah to Saudi is sanctioned for big money. His output is still awesome but as people have said; let their legs go in someone else’s team. That’s no disrespect to possibly the greatest Liverpool player in my lifetime, but if we’re potentially extending Van Dijk and need to lock Trent down, freeing up Salah’s wages allows you to do both those things whilst also having cash for a replacement.

Problem with then letting Salah go is that we effectively have an attack with question marks against all. We need someone proven and we can rely on.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #78016 on: April 9, 2024, 06:55:49 pm »
Diaz leaves, we need another player form the left whoscores goals.

Welcome Mbappe!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78017 on: April 9, 2024, 07:03:09 pm »
Bakayoko plays both wings.  8)

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78018 on: April 9, 2024, 07:05:56 pm »
Bakayoko plays both wings.  8)

Far right and far left?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #78019 on: April 9, 2024, 07:12:08 pm »
Problem with then letting Salah go is that we effectively have an attack with question marks against all. We need someone proven and we can rely on.
I agree, which is why I can’t see us selling Diaz and Salah. But Edwards and Hughes may choose to really revolutionise the squad in the post-Klopp era and make some big changes.

I think the issue is the paucity of high-level production in the potential replacements. Would the conversation be different if there was some obvious 35+ G+A young wide forward in a top league? I can just see the logic in selling Salah, not saying we should.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78020 on: April 9, 2024, 07:13:35 pm »
Leao, his output is similar to Diaz but he’s there years younger and has huge potential under a top class manager.

Probably cost a whack, though. Olise might have a release clause after renegotiating with Palace after the Chelsea interest last summer.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78021 on: April 9, 2024, 07:16:50 pm »
£75 million is top 25 all time fees paid for a player

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #78022 on: April 9, 2024, 07:29:36 pm »
Aside from the goals and assists, what qualities do we need in the front three in an Amorim system? If I'm not mistaken, the three of them interchange a lot and rely on clever movement, mostly inside as the wingbacks provide the width. Who are the players out there who have these qualities, and can we count on the goals and assists to follow - even without the proven track record - due to the effectiveness of the system and the service from either wing and the midfield behind?
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78023 on: April 9, 2024, 07:40:35 pm »
Probably cost a whack, though. Olise might have a release clause after renegotiating with Palace after the Chelsea interest last summer.

Olise is on his way to being one of the best players in the league, but would be more of a replacement for Salah I would think, also if he were to replace Salah would need a player who can contribute 15-20 goals in the league I would think, Olise is a creative force but not someone who is a great goal scorer as of yet, looking at the way he plays he might not ever be that either.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78024 on: April 9, 2024, 07:43:11 pm »
But what about the likes of Elliott, Szobozslai, Gravenberch and Jones?

With Elliot Gravenberch and Jones I think they are suited deeper in the formation. Szoboszlai is a fair shout though, but still you are saying 3 people for 2 positions, and one of the 3 is pretty injury prone and also covers as the main striker too.

The roles behind the striker in Amorim's team is an odd one for us as I don't think all the midfielders can do it and I don't think all the forwards can, again I am not sure we are entirely balanced for it right now.

We have 5 forwards but I only think 3 can play that role. If we lose two of that 3 we are suddenly looking a little bare in that regard.

We somehow have both too many and not enough players

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78025 on: April 9, 2024, 07:43:49 pm »
Olise is on his way to being one of the best players in the league, but would be more of a replacement for Salah I would think, also if he were to replace Salah would need a player who can contribute 15-20 goals in the league I would think, Olise is a creative force but not someone who is a great goal scorer as of yet, looking at the way he plays he might not ever be that either.

You'd imagine if Salah left we'd replace him with more of creator and Nunez would become the focal point.

Olise has pretty elite numbers in an average team;

https://fbref.com/en/players/c4486bac/Michael-Olise

Musiala is the one for me, he's brilliant, hope he smashes Arsenal tonight.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #78026 on: April 9, 2024, 07:45:28 pm »
If we were to replace Salah, the goal distribution among the players might change. Macca would take the penalties and he might become a 15-goal midfielder. But we would need to replace Salah's assists and non-penalty goals. Olisse might replace the goals, but who would replace the assists? Szoboszlai maybe?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78027 on: April 9, 2024, 07:46:12 pm »

Salahs legs don’t look to have gone yet, its a silly scenario where we sell one of the top 5 players in the world because they turn 30. Top clubs do not operate like that, I think people are still stuck in times of the past when we were trying to build and become a top club again.

Madrid have been winning CLs with multiple 30+ year olds, Salahs production at this point is better than the season we won the league.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78028 on: April 9, 2024, 07:48:56 pm »
If we were to replace Salah, the goal distribution among the players might change. Macca would take the penalties and he might become a 15-goal midfielder. But we would need to replace Salah's assists and non-penalty goals. Olisse might replace the goals, but who would replace the assists? Szoboszlai maybe?

Olise would replace the assists the bigger question is who replaces the goals, but also his impact in the big games, in a season where I think we’ve won one game against the top 4, I don’t think selling a player who has the biggest contribution in these type games is the way to go.

Offline Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78029 on: April 9, 2024, 07:49:05 pm »
Salahs legs don’t look to have gone yet, its a silly scenario where we sell one of the top 5 players in the world because they turn 30. Top clubs do not operate like that, I think people are still stuck in times of the past when we were trying to build and become a top club again.

Madrid have been winning CLs with multiple 30+ year olds, Salahs production at this point is better than the season we won the league.

Mo might want to move on, especially with Klopp leaving, hope not.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78030 on: April 9, 2024, 07:50:45 pm »
Mo might want to move on, especially with Klopp leaving, hope not.

I doubt he’d want to retire early at this point with a move to Saudi, he’s still got years to add to his legacy, maybe in a couple years things might change but if he was to want a move I would think he would be looking at a Madrid, if they were even interested.

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78031 on: April 9, 2024, 07:52:19 pm »
I agree, which is why I can’t see us selling Diaz and Salah. But Edwards and Hughes may choose to really revolutionise the squad in the post-Klopp era and make some big changes.

I think the issue is the paucity of high-level production in the potential replacements. Would the conversation be different if there was some obvious 35+ G+A young wide forward in a top league? I can just see the logic in selling Salah, not saying we should.

There's clearly a conversation to be had if some Saudi team comes in and offers £100m+ for Salah, but I honestly believe he wouldn't have any desire to play in Saudi - this is a man who will still believe he's one of the very best in the world and has loads more to offer competitively to be effectively retiring at 32. In 3-4 years, sure maybe I can see him heading there and rinsing them for a nice retirement gig, but now? Despite the concern last summer around largely past-it big names and the odd younger player flocking there, no-one watches or gives much more of a shit about the Saudi league than they did 3 or 4 years ago. Salah isn't going to want to go there right now, I don't think his ego would allow it. Not when he can probably still get good money in higher profile European leagues for a few years yet (unlike Ronaldo).

I can see it being a bit of a tricky situation actually - I'm sure the numbers men will have little appetite to renew him for a further year on £350k+, but I'm sure they also won't want to let a valuable asset leave for free next summer, and I'm sure with the departure of Klopp, Salah will maybe be looking at it and thinking now is maybe the right time to move elsewhere. But the only place that's going to pay silly money for him with a year left is Saudi, where I don't think he'll want to go. I can see him maybe sitting out the last year of his contract and signing for a PSG/Madrid/Barca on a free to be honest. Which is probably the worst outcome for us.

Diaz, I dunno, it would depend on who we were looking at to replace him really. Like you, I think if it's less than £70-75m I'm not sure there's much point, and I'm not sure I see anyone offering that. I really hope Barcelona don't try to unsettle him then low-ball us, but with over 3 years left on his contract we probably hold all the cards there for now. Then again there's also pretty big question marks around what system we'll be playing next season, and from what I've seen from the various analysis I've seen I'm not sure Diaz is an obvious fit in Amorim's current set-up - if that's who we go for, and we can bank £60m odd to go for a player who does fit, well maybe it makes more sense. As you say though, trying to replace both Diaz and Salah in a 12 month period would introduce a lot of risk, and I think there's still plenty of questionmarks around Gakpo's future here too. Then again maybe we just bite the bullet now - there's bound to be a level of upheaval this summer anyway.

Hard to really know until we have a new manager in place.

Offline Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78032 on: April 9, 2024, 07:53:28 pm »
I doubt he’d want to retire early at this point with a move to Saudi, he’s still got years to add to his legacy, maybe in a couple years things might change but if he was to want a move I would think he would be looking at a Madrid, if they were even interested.

Cant see him playing for anyone else bar us or Real and Mbappe is going there. I hope he stays, he’d be the last of the forwards I’d sell.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #78033 on: April 9, 2024, 09:03:59 pm »

A guy that lacks any sort of workrate. No thank you very much. We’ve already got Gravenberch and Gakpo at the moment who lack any sort of pressing and off the ball movement. If we replace Diaz, hopefully it’s someone like Kvaratskhelia at Napoli.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78034 on: April 9, 2024, 09:43:11 pm »
A guy that lacks any sort of workrate. No thank you very much. We’ve already got Gravenberch and Gakpo at the moment who lack any sort of pressing and off the ball movement. If we replace Diaz, hopefully it’s someone like Kvaratskhelia at Napoli.

Difference is Leao actually has the physical attributes to be a able presser, Gravenberch and Gakpo especially but they’re held back by their lack of acceleration and explosiveness.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78035 on: April 9, 2024, 10:08:29 pm »
Difference is Leao actually has the physical attributes to be a able presser, Gravenberch and Gakpo especially but they’re held back by their lack of acceleration and explosiveness.

Gakpo is probably quicker than Firmino, i don’t think this is about pace it’s down to intensity and being able to read the game

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78036 on: April 9, 2024, 10:14:29 pm »

Does he have the mental attributes though? If so, why hasn't he bothered pressing at any point in his career?

He's a highlight reel player, but is absolutely wank at some real fundamental stuff. I'd be amazed if we went anywhere near him.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78037 on: April 9, 2024, 10:28:57 pm »
Does he have the mental attributes though? If so, why hasn't he bothered pressing at any point in his career?

He's a highlight reel player, but is absolutely wank at some real fundamental stuff. I'd be amazed if we went anywhere near him.

yep we need that Firmino/Mane mentality, hungry/talented players that really want to win and work harder than anyone else

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #78038 on: April 9, 2024, 10:50:29 pm »
That was an exciting time. Would it be Aimar? Ayala? Albelda? Baraja? Vicente?

Nah....Pellegrino.

Ha ha, yeah, exactly how I felt too.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #78039 on: April 9, 2024, 10:50:45 pm »
I’ll just stand over here on Pedro Neto island all on my own  :wave. I don’t want to hear about the injuries, the potential pros and Premier League readiness is simply too much for me to let him go to one of our rivals. He’ll be world class —100%.