Author Topic: Steven Gerrard  (Read 220042 times)

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
Re: Steven Gerrard
« Reply #1040 on: March 6, 2021, 06:53:10 pm »
Have they actually won the title now? I saw all the fans celebrating outside Ibrox and footage of the players celebrating. But in other places they're saying Rangers don't win it unless they beat Celtic next week? I'm a little confused here.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1041 on: March 6, 2021, 07:07:13 pm »
Have they actually won the title now? I saw all the fans celebrating outside Ibrox and footage of the players celebrating. But in other places they're saying Rangers don't win it unless they beat Celtic next week? I'm a little confused here.
If Celtic drop points tomorrow they've won it. Otherwise they're at match point.

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #1042 on: March 6, 2021, 11:21:49 pm »
Ah, okay. Thank you!

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1043 on: March 7, 2021, 12:35:12 am »
I know it's the slightest bit premature, but congratulations Stevie, you deserve it mate.

Just saw a couple of videos of the fans watching him arrive and one of them celebrating with him from outside the ground after the game. Imagine how that'd make you feel as a manager. It's an indescribable high for any of us mere mortals, but regardless of where he is I hope it's something he gets to experience over and over again.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1044 on: March 7, 2021, 01:09:02 am »

Rangers are 21 points ahead and Celtic have 7 games left and a GD deficit of 26.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline JFK-1

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1045 on: March 7, 2021, 11:56:41 am »
I don't need to tell you guys how passionate he is. But I can remind you. This clip is from Wednesdays match against Livingston. It's halftime with the game at 0-0 and Stevie wants a word with the referee who had declined to award Rangers a penalty which replays clearly showed was indeed a penalty. Not only that he had booked Morelos for simulation. A yellow which was later rescinded.

Stevie got 2 yellows and a red card for this incident, sent to the stand for the rest of the game and later given a one match ban by the SFA. Threw an F bomb at him. LOL

https://youtu.be/eVs9QpoSzDw

Offline JFK-1

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1046 on: March 7, 2021, 12:01:41 pm »
I've not watched any of Rangers games since Stevie took over so can anyone say if they play like us?

Pretty much the same pressing style particularly so in Europe. Harder in Scotland where they're typically facing an extreme park the bus mentality. In a recent match I counted 18 players in the opposition box at one point with another 3 just outside it. The only player on the pitch not in or just outside that box was the Rangers goalie.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1047 on: March 7, 2021, 01:54:32 pm »
Champions!

Proud of you Stevie! Legend gets a title.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1048 on: March 7, 2021, 01:55:22 pm »
Congratulations Stevie, well deserved. Legend here and in Scotland now.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1049 on: March 7, 2021, 01:57:54 pm »
Congratulations Stevie G, absolutely brilliant season
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1050 on: March 7, 2021, 02:01:46 pm »
Congratulations. Absolutely astounding achievement with Rangers.

Now that the titles won, push on for Europa, cause I think they've got a real chance

Offline daveonthespionkop1900

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #1051 on: March 7, 2021, 02:12:20 pm »
congrats Stevie. Hope to see him in the Anfield dugout in coming years
walk on...walk on...

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1052 on: March 7, 2021, 02:12:36 pm »
congrats Stevie. Hope to see him in the Anfield dugout in coming years

Er hopefully not.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1053 on: March 7, 2021, 02:50:16 pm »
So happy for him :) Let's hope it's just the start
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #1054 on: March 7, 2021, 04:31:13 pm »
Cheers to Stevie, although I'm sorry for him too because if there's any guy who deserved a league winners' parade it's him  :wave
Linudden.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1055 on: March 7, 2021, 05:18:05 pm »
Er hopefully not.

Why not? I get it’s right to be sceptical about his quality but to say you hope he doesn’t get in the managers dugout seems a bit uncalled for.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1056 on: March 7, 2021, 05:18:44 pm »
Why not? I get it’s right to be sceptical about his quality but to say you hope he doesn’t get in the managers dugout seems a bit uncalled for.

Assume he means if it's at Klopp's expense.  Otherwise, yeah, weird shout.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1057 on: March 7, 2021, 05:30:22 pm »

A few don't want him until he has proven his worth in Greece or some such shit.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #1058 on: March 7, 2021, 05:30:48 pm »

Coming years. He's not talking about tomorrow.

Online stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #1059 on: March 7, 2021, 05:57:53 pm »
So happy for Stevie

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1060 on: March 7, 2021, 06:11:41 pm »

I'd like to see him prove his worth in Poland.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1061 on: March 7, 2021, 06:18:49 pm »

Tell me more.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #1062 on: March 7, 2021, 09:01:33 pm »
I'd like to see him prove his worth in Poland.
I'd like to see him prove his worth in Cats.

Offline JFK-1

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1063 on: March 7, 2021, 09:16:14 pm »
Steven Gerrard leads Glasgow Rangers to 55th Scottish Premiership title

https://youtu.be/gOyW8GrHWSM

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1064 on: March 7, 2021, 09:18:19 pm »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline JFK-1

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1065 on: March 7, 2021, 10:08:39 pm »
Maybe you guys could enlighten me on what's happening at Liverpool right now. I'm here posting on this Steven Gerrard topic because as I said I'm a Rangers fan. But Liverpool have always been my English club way back to the days of the Dalglish, Souness, Hanson era.

I was as excited and ecstatic about last season as you all were and expected it to be a new era of dominance. What's happening? I know there have been key injury problems but even that doesn't answer the current level of collapse.

Offline Longwood NY

• Main Stander
  • Innit
« Reply #1066 on: March 7, 2021, 11:07:06 pm »
Maybe you guys could enlighten me on what's happening at Liverpool right now. I'm here posting on this Steven Gerrard topic because as I said I'm a Rangers fan. But Liverpool have always been my English club way back to the days of the Dalglish, Souness, Hanson era.

I was as excited and ecstatic about last season as you all were and expected it to be a new era of dominance. What's happening? I know there have been key injury problems but even that doesn't answer the current level of collapse.

Mental collapse. Been running at 9000RPM for 3+ years now. As soon as one crack showed in the dam, the whole fucker came down.

Think they've all just checked out for the season mentally at this point. Total write-off, but I think we'll be right back in the mix next year with a bit of fresh blood and hopefully fans in the stands.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #1067 on: March 7, 2021, 11:32:46 pm »
We will make a judgement when Klopp leaves, until that point the club will be watching Steven closely alongside a range of other options. There is little point speculating at this point beyond that.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline JFK-1

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1068 on: March 7, 2021, 11:43:53 pm »
Mental collapse. Been running at 9000RPM for 3+ years now. As soon as one crack showed in the dam, the whole fucker came down.

Think they've all just checked out for the season mentally at this point. Total write-off, but I think we'll be right back in the mix next year with a bit of fresh blood and hopefully fans in the stands.

I sincerely hope you're right in all respects about next season. As for this season I'm still hopeful of top 4 and Champions league as a bare minimum. But currently even that is looking challenging.

Offline JFK-1

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1069 on: March 7, 2021, 11:51:09 pm »
We will make a judgement when Klopp leaves, until that point the club will be watching Steven closely alongside a range of other options. There is little point speculating at this point beyond that.

Stevie is now already legendary and beloved at Rangers. But everyone always knew that Liverpool is his first love and nothing will change that. If he left for Liverpool it would be a sad day at Rangers but perfectly understood and he would go with our blessing.

This is a link to an article published in a Glasgow newspaper in just the last couple of hours or so regarding Stevie taking the reins at Liverpool sometime.

Dave King expresses 'zero' chance prediction of Rangers boss Steven Gerrard becoming Liverpool manager in the near future

Offline JFK-1

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1070 on: March 8, 2021, 01:02:05 am »
I will point put another factor of the Steven Gerrard at Rangers adventure. Now I know you guys think well it's Scottish league and that's not on a level with the EPL, and I would agree with that. For obvious financial reasons it's not.

But believe me it's still not as easy as many of you may think it is to achieve what he has done in such a relatively short period of time. The average SPL player isn't of the same technical quality as that of the EPL. But they're still full time professional footballers trained to a high degree of fitness and coached in a manner designed to help overcome their technical limitations.

Consider that Rangers put 9 goals past Antwerp in the last 32 of the Europa league, then consider that it was an almighty struggle to get an 87th minute goal at Livingston to take away a 1-0 win. These sides despite their technical deficiencies can make it very difficult indeed to score.

It's their major objective. If they can stop you scoring well the worst that's going to happen is a draw and maybe even nick a breakaway goal as Rangers push for the winner. They're well coached in this strategy and they're far more physical than EPL football. There are tackles flying in and being allowed by referees which simply wouldn't be tolerated in the EPL.

That's just another factor that makes it very difficult indeed. They're making it hard to create a tempo, get some momentum going. Constantly breaking up the play with non stop fouling. Stevie took some time to adapt to this but he has done it. This season a 100% home record with 16 wins from 16 home games. Away from home 12 wins and 4 draws in 16 games to currently at least be unbeaten the entire season.

Then step outside the Scottish setup to look at the far more technical sides they face in Europe. Steven Gerrard took Rangers to the top of their Europa league group this season. A group which contained a Benfica side who were the second highest spenders in Europe during last Summers window. They spent around £80 million in a single window which is over double what Stevie has had to spend in all windows combined during his entire 3 seasons at Rangers.

And he's looking good to take them into the last 8 of the Europa league despite the massive financial discrepancies has has faced. If he can do that on a limited budget doesn't it then at least hint he could be even more successful with a budget on another level? To me it does.

But anyway, in the meantime, hands off.  ;)

Offline JFK-1

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1071 on: March 8, 2021, 01:33:26 am »

Offline Longwood NY

• Main Stander
  • Innit
« Reply #1072 on: March 8, 2021, 01:59:12 am »
Cheers mate. There's a more active Rangers / Stevie thread in the 'General Football and Sport' subforum FYI

Offline JFK-1

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1073 on: March 8, 2021, 03:11:42 am »
Cheers mate. There's a more active Rangers / Stevie thread in the 'General Football and Sport' subforum FYI

Thanks for the info. Think you may have noticed I'm a bit of a Steviephile right now.  ;)

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1074 on: March 12, 2021, 11:54:52 am »
Have the utmost respect for him after his reply to the tedious question:

"The Liverpool fans don't want me to be the manager of Liverpool Football Club," Gerrard told ITV News. "They want Jurgen Klopp to continue as manager and I am totally with all of them. I wish you knew how much we loved Jurgen Klopp.

"We have one of the best managers leading our club at the minute. I love him and we hope he stays for a few more years. I've got a job here, I don't think its helpful to talk about this - I hope Jurgen stays at Liverpool for many years.

"Liverpool is my club. I had a fantastic journey as a player. I'm doing a completely different career path now. I'm happy in the job and role I'm in now.

"Is it a dream for me to one day be the Liverpool manager? Yes, it is. But not yet and who's to say I'll ever be good enough? Who says I'll be the owners' choice?

"There's a lot of managers on this planet who would all like the chance to manage Liverpool.
"I think we need to respect the guy that's in charge first and foremost because he's done an incredible job.

"He's taken me to places in the last two or three years which have been incredible. The feeling. Me, my family and all the Liverpool supporters would all back that up.

"For me, let's just get behind Jurgen."

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1075 on: March 17, 2021, 12:19:43 pm »
Next England manager once Gareth makes a hash of the euros.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1076 on: March 17, 2021, 12:24:59 pm »

No chance he takes that job at this point of his career IMO.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1077 on: March 17, 2021, 12:36:07 pm »

No way will he take that poisoned chalice, its a toxic job and a block on his development.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1078 on: March 17, 2021, 12:38:18 pm »

Would be an absolute idiot to take it. Would kill his career.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #1079 on: March 17, 2021, 12:38:21 pm »
Really loves his water on Instagram.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks