Author Topic: Luis Alberto Suárez Díaz - 17 goals & X assists worth of 'I told you so'  (Read 729046 times)

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
Re: Luis Alberto Suárez Díaz - 17 goals & X assists worth of 'I told you so'
« Reply #6720 on: December 18, 2013, 02:08:28 am »
Imagine if he signs a new contract when we're flying and up there and looking to challenge and the boost that would give us for the rest of the season
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline houkura

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6721 on: December 18, 2013, 02:08:42 am »
Very positive and encouraging for youngsters to hear that, but surely that could only happen in a cup game, against lower tier teams. I doubt he'd even get a nod vs Oldham but maybe as a sub. That said just being on the bench for any game would be pretty motivating for a 16year old

Actually the way young Jordan plays is very much like the harried pressing game that Rahemm and  Joe Allen implemented so well against Spurs. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Jordan Rossiter getting minutes in a Premier League match this season. He is a real player and mature waaaay beyond his years. One of the best midfield prospects I've seen at Liverpool.
"Good to be here, good to be anywhere."  --Keith Richards

Offline houkura

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6722 on: December 18, 2013, 02:10:01 am »
Another amazing development in the rehabilitation of Luis Suarez and his image in the media and the FA......Jack Wilshere has been handed a 2 match ban for flippin' the bird at City fans. Twice (!) the punishment meted out to wee Luis. Shocking.

Offline The Lash

• Copy... Paste... Copy... Paste... Copy... Paste... Had massive doses of fluoride in his formula.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #6723 on: December 18, 2013, 02:21:45 am »
Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 4m
Liverpool MD Ian Ayre today travelled to Barcelona to open talks with Pere Guardiola over a possible new deal for Luis Suarez.

What shite is this?

If a club wants to buy him, why are we going running to them to do a deal? Looks like a club wanting to sell if this is true

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #6724 on: December 18, 2013, 02:22:14 am »
Another amazing development in the rehabilitation of Luis Suarez and his image in the media and the FA......Jack Wilshere has been handed a 2 match ban for flippin' the bird at City fans. Twice (!) the punishment meted out to wee Luis. Shocking.

Think you need to consider that Suarez was already suspended 8 games or so for the Evra thing when he had the Fulham finger added (Iirc), so 1 game probably seemed enough of an additional punishment all things considered, whereas for wilshere it was an isolated incident.

Offline adamson404

• Main Stander
« Reply #6725 on: December 18, 2013, 02:23:04 am »
Liverpool MD Ian Ayre today travelled to Barcelona to open talks with Pere Guardiola over a possible new deal for Luis Suarez.

What shite is this?

If a club wants to buy him, why are we going running to them to do a deal? Looks like a club wanting to sell if this is true

Read it again

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6726 on: December 18, 2013, 02:23:13 am »

What shite is this?

What are you even talking about?

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #6727 on: December 18, 2013, 02:23:49 am »

What shite is this?

PERE, not pepe. That's his agent... They are talking about extending his contract ;)

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6728 on: December 18, 2013, 02:24:54 am »
 Pere Guardiola is Suarez's agent.

Pep Guardiola is at Bayern Munich..

Let that sink in and stop panicking

;D

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6729 on: December 18, 2013, 02:25:02 am »
Does anyone think that Suarez can beat the Premier League Golden boot record held by Shearer and Cole of 34? He only needs 18 more in 22 games. If he got 2-3 more Brace's and 1 hattrick (which isnt that far fetched) He would only need 9-11 goals in 18-19 games which is more than doable as at best thats 0.6 GPG less than half what hes achieving now. Barring an Injury or Ban I think he can do it. He would have to maintain a 1.1 GPG to do it and would be the first player to achieve a GPG of over 1 in a season

It would be seriously impressive since Shearer and Cole scored 34 in 42 and 40 respectively where as he would have to do it in 33!! Only person to come close to 1 GPG or more in a season is Ronaldo and Drogba with 0.9

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #6730 on: December 18, 2013, 02:27:45 am »
Actually the way young Jordan plays is very much like the harried pressing game that Rahemm and  Joe Allen implemented so well against Spurs. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Jordan Rossiter getting minutes in a Premier League match this season. He is a real player and mature waaaay beyond his years. One of the best midfield prospects I've seen at Liverpool.

That is very good to hear! I have only watched one u21 game this season (vs Sunderland when Sterling and Alberto were the outstanding individuals) so haven't seen him much at all. In any case I figured he was a special talent if he was already training with the first team at 16 but I didn't realise he was as good as you say. Music to my ears in any case! :) thanks for the update :)

Offline The Lash

• Copy... Paste... Copy... Paste... Copy... Paste... Had massive doses of fluoride in his formula.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #6731 on: December 18, 2013, 02:29:36 am »

Fuck me with the rough end of a rag mans trumpet, i was ready to kick off big time
 ;D

Offline revelationx

• Kopite
« Reply #6732 on: December 18, 2013, 02:29:47 am »
I think Suarez is worth the £200k a week. If he gives us 17 goals every 11 Prem games that will be more than worth it. Not that I expect that goal-scoring rate to continue forever but even half that scoring rate is generally world class scoring rate.

TV money has gone up by a lot this season and I think it is better to spend it on Suarez rather than bringing in lesser players. Getting back into the CL and challenging for the Prem is gonna increase our prize money and sponsorships too.

If we are talking performance related pay, then you cannot argue that Suarez is not performing. Everyone is saying Suarez is the best player in the Prem, surely he deserves to get wages that reflect that. I doubt the other squad members will be disgruntled about it considering the performances Suarez is putting in.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #6733 on: December 18, 2013, 02:35:31 am »
I think Suarez is worth the £200k a week. If he gives us 17 goals every 11 Prem games that will be more than worth it. Not that I expect that goal-scoring rate to continue forever but even half that scoring rate is generally world class scoring rate.

TV money has gone up by a lot this season and I think it is better to spend it on Suarez rather than bringing in lesser players. Getting back into the CL and challenging for the Prem is gonna increase our prize money and sponsorships too.

If we are talking performance related pay, then you cannot argue that Suarez is not performing. Everyone is saying Suarez is the best player in the Prem, surely he deserves to get wages that reflect that. I doubt the other squad members will be disgruntled about it considering the performances Suarez is putting in.

I'm sure his teammates don't care what money he earns as long as he is still a Liverpool player.

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6734 on: December 18, 2013, 02:50:34 am »

They recouped about half of that from selling Ozil, so they effectively only spent £40m approximately. If they wanted do I'm sure they could sell a couple of players to make room for Suarez (benzema, Alonso, coentrao). When they decide they want a player they usually get him- they've got that reputation for a reason (eg zidane, figo, Ronaldo x2, beckham, bale, isco, Sergio Ramos, cannavaro... The list is endless)

Give it a rest, lad.

Does anyone think he's the best free kick taker in the world right now? I can't remember too many times I've felt confident of a free kick finding the back of the net in the last couple of decades.

But when Suarez stands over one from 20-25 yards, you just KNOW it's going to be close.

He is an absolute all round threat. Truly up there with Messi at the moment. Whether or not he can continue this form for 3-4 years is yet to be seen, but he really is just so, so good.

Offline revelationx

• Kopite
« Reply #6735 on: December 18, 2013, 03:02:16 am »
Give it a rest, lad.

Does anyone think he's the best free kick taker in the world right now? I can't remember too many times I've felt confident of a free kick finding the back of the net in the last couple of decades.

But when Suarez stands over one from 20-25 yards, you just KNOW it's going to be close.

He is an absolute all round threat. Truly up there with Messi at the moment. Whether or not he can continue this form for 3-4 years is yet to be seen, but he really is just so, so good.

I don't know about in the world, but Suarez scored 6 direct FKs last season, including 1 for Uruguay. He scored 2 this season I think, against Norwich and Everton. So 8 goals from FKs in a season and a half is amazing.

Offline houkura

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6736 on: December 18, 2013, 03:08:39 am »
Think you need to consider that Suarez was already suspended 8 games or so for the Evra thing when he had the Fulham finger added (Iirc), so 1 game probably seemed enough of an additional punishment all things considered, whereas for wilshere it was an isolated incident.

Not sure...I thought that was before the Evra nonsense...can't remember either honestly.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6737 on: December 18, 2013, 03:34:48 am »

;D

Many shittin bricks reading that improperly  :)
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #6738 on: December 18, 2013, 04:21:28 am »
Luis has made me soooo happy in the last few weeks, I reckon this deserves a re-post  8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiGznT4GSeA&feature=c4-overview&list=UUWm6dU2w3JXos43Q7dMa7RQ

Offline Uruguayan36

• Loose Wires mouthpiece
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6739 on: December 18, 2013, 04:22:53 am »
I don't know about in the world, but Suarez scored 6 direct FKs last season, including 1 for Uruguay. He scored 2 this season I think, against Norwich and Everton. So 8 goals from FKs in a season and a half is amazing.
What was the best FK scored by Luis Suarez(including the one he scored against Spain)?

http://splashurl.com/k992s5b
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 04:35:11 am by Uruguayan36 »

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #6740 on: December 18, 2013, 04:26:38 am »
If Suarez was being sold, surely it would be the buying club coming to Liverpool, not the other way around?

Although, it is a bit odd that Ian Ayre is having to fly to Barcelona to meet Suarez's agent about a contract. Power games there? Shows commitment to keeping the best in the world on our books I suppose.

Anyway, I think our strategy regardless of what happens will be to refuse all offers. That position would be strengthened if we managed to finish the season in a CL spot and strengthened further by every extra thing we can do to make staying a better proposition.

I think ultimately Luis will want to leave, regardless of how we perform or what we offer him (barring I suppose, if we became a title/CL winning team). It's not surprising for a South American player to want to play for Barca or Real - especially when they're of his calibre.

The best that we will be able to do is to hold onto him for another 2-3 seasons, and hopefully get a good fee for him at the end.

It's been interesting this season. I think the situation with Bale and Suarez, reinforced by the era of dominance of Ronaldo and Messi, illustrates just how much one of the top players in the world can add to a team's performances. We have one of them. We have to hold on to him for as long as we possibly can.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #6741 on: December 18, 2013, 04:26:48 am »

What shite is this?

Personally, I think this is fantastic fishing.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6742 on: December 18, 2013, 04:36:46 am »
What was the best FK scored by Luis Suarez(including the one he scored against Spain)?

http://splashurl.com/k992s5b
The second one in the Zenit game

Offline Uruguayan36

• Loose Wires mouthpiece
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6743 on: December 18, 2013, 04:41:58 am »
The second one in the Zenit game
That one was great.

But...what do you think of this one?
http://splashurl.com/k6rt9vq

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6744 on: December 18, 2013, 06:18:24 am »

It truly is.

Would be interesting to see if anyone has scored more.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #6745 on: December 18, 2013, 06:56:16 am »
Suarez is simply incredible. My favourite Liverpool player of all time is John Barnes because he is the most skilful player I have ever seen but if I'm being truly honest with myself I think Suarez is more skilful than digger. In all my years of watching Liverpool I don't think I have seen a better player. Like Stevie says I'm just enjoying him while he is here because someone is bound to come in for him in the summer offering more than Arsenal's derisory 40,000,001.

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #6746 on: December 18, 2013, 07:14:10 am »
£200k to any player at Liverpool has me worried , I know he would get it elsewhere but still worrying even if
at present form  the best player in the world

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #6747 on: December 18, 2013, 07:17:55 am »
£200k to any player at Liverpool has me worried , I know he would get it elsewhere but still worrying even if

When a player gets a massive wage then other team members seek parity, but seriously, if Suarez were given 200K a week who is going to knock on Ayre's door and demand parity with Luis?

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #6748 on: December 18, 2013, 07:21:28 am »

Worried that it won't keep him here? Or worried because it's such a terrible shame football players are getting such crazy money these days?

I'd say there's something to the former point. Not really much you can do about the latter. As I said in my post above, players like Suarez on current form make the difference between achieving your goals and falling short. We have to do everything we can to hold onto him.

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #6749 on: December 18, 2013, 07:55:45 am »
Surprised that the wage figures have come out. Are they real? Or just some ITK information from Twitter?

I dont think LFC ever revealed wages details after FSG took over.

£200k to any player at Liverpool has me worried

Assuming the 200k pounds a week figures are true, then we stand to achieve manyfolds of the 100k difference if we achieve CL qualification. I think we get 25m pounds by just qualifying to knockout stages. We would be paying him 1/5th of it, if we qualify and if he signs.

I dont see it as a worry. I see it as a method of informing him and his agent that we can offer him the wages that Madrid or Arsenal would offer.

Plus we are only informing the world that we can pay them top wages if they help us play in the CL regularly.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #6750 on: December 18, 2013, 07:58:50 am »

It's just an added incentive in the new contract. I don't think the money matters much to him.

It is a lot of money, but if you factor out the possibly of staying or going he's one of the best in the world. With Messi injured, in my mind he's the best player on earth right now. You have to reward that.
YWNA

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6751 on: December 18, 2013, 08:02:34 am »
Where's everyone getting 200k from?

I've heard 130k with a "ridiculous" buy out clause (Pere/Suarez demands to have one) on the contract???
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #6752 on: December 18, 2013, 08:03:25 am »
He is the equivalent of having 3 excellent players, he's that good!

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #6753 on: December 18, 2013, 08:14:23 am »
Stevie said it himself on Sunday...look at Spurs with the money they got from Bale...not so great huh? I hope the club does everything to keep hold of him. No amount of money will replace him. Its that simple!

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #6754 on: December 18, 2013, 08:15:44 am »
Is £200,000 a week really too much for one of the top 3 players in the world.Shrek gets something like £250,000 and he is not even close to Suarez. The management will be thinking of the extra revenues and fans worldwide that potentially will be enticed by Suarez staying.
Not forgetting gargantuan new Sky deal money will not be an issue.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #6755 on: December 18, 2013, 08:18:07 am »

Why would that worry you. Leave that to the money men to worry about.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6756 on: December 18, 2013, 08:20:15 am »
Where's everyone getting 200k from?

I've heard 130k with a "ridiculous" buy out clause (Pere/Suarez demands to have one) on the contract???

BBC
The Guardian
The Times

All mention 200k.

I think he'll sign it and he won't wait until the end of the season.  A contract doesn't mean that if the player really wanted to go and we received an offer that reflects his value he wouldn't leave, it just gives the club more protection and the lad gets a hefty wedge.  We'd both benefit.

I wouldn't be surprised if he signs it before New Years.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #6757 on: December 18, 2013, 08:25:43 am »
BBC
The Guardian
The Times

All mention 200k.

I think he'll sign it and he won't wait until the end of the season.  A contract doesn't mean that if the player really wanted to go and we received an offer that reflects his value he wouldn't leave, it just gives the club more protection and the lad gets a hefty wedge.  We'd both benefit.

I wouldn't be surprised if he signs it before New Years.

Personally I think he'll wait a bit and see where the team is at after the next few fixtures. He'll have to get assurances that the team will bring in quality first team players as well, in the January transfer window.
YWNA

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6758 on: December 18, 2013, 08:26:31 am »
I don't think he'll sign. Think we'll sell. 2 years left next summer, we don't wanna run it down to one. Fire us into the CL, CL money plus Suarez money, just make the best of a bad situation. Like stevie said, just enjoy these next few months he's here.

Offline fenre

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #6759 on: December 18, 2013, 08:33:36 am »
The owners have been focusing on reducing a ridiculous wage-budget we had from the previous owners, but they have always said and done (in Boston Red Sox) that they are not afraid of increasing the budget if someone is worth it.

An increase in wages for Suarez wont have any impact on our team. There is noone in the squad that can claim they are even near Suarez in quality. That is because there are not many players in the world that can claim that.

For me its more of a statement than anything else. Its a statement to Suarez that this is not a club in reverse and it is a statement to others that we are now again aiming to keep one of the best players in the world by making him one of the best paid players in the Premier League.